Author Topic: NHRA membership. Attention Bellcow and JimF. All drag racing members too.  (Read 4301 times)

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
Ok guys, if you're giving any thoughts to racing an any of the local NHRA event at Atlanta Dragway, you will need to be members of NHRA and secure a competition license based on your ET. None is required for going slower than 9.99 or less than 120mph. You get a lot of benefits and insurance to boot.

Check out all the details below and register online before the season begins so you can receive your first issue of National Dragster magazine. I copied and pasted this from the NHRA website. 

MEMBERS RENEW HERE

Not a member? JOIN HERE

ONLINE BENEFITS**
 National DRAGSTER & MORE**

DAILY audiocast: Exclusive access to three days of live action from every NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series event! Hear the cackle of each 7,000-horsepower engine as it roars down the track and learn instantly who's in, who's out, and, on race day, who advances to take home the Wally.

Motorola Live Timing Complete: Like NHRA.com's Live Timing feature? Only members get archives of past races at no additional charge.

Online NHRA Rulebook: View it, download it, print the whole thing or just the sections you want. It's up to you!

National DRAGSTER Library: ND's best features and most compelling interviews from the last few years are all right here for you to browse and enjoy, just as they appeared in National DRAGSTER. Whether you're taking a trip down memory lane or are a new member hungry for what you've missed, you'll spend a lot of time in the library.

FREE downloads: You can have your favorite racing photos as your wallpaper or desktop.  Choose from vintage and current images from the world-famous archives of National DRAGSTER.

24/7 account maintenance: No more snail mail or waiting on the phone during office hours. Update your account information online, request service, and get answers to membership questions from the Member Help Desk anytime.

Member Discounts: Exclusive member savings (offers subject to change).
      National DRAGSTER: Only NHRA members get weekly issues of NHRA's award-winning magazine throughout the racing season!

Official membership card, member decal, and collector's pin (a new pin each year!)

NHRA Fan Guide mailed directly to you in January

$10 admission discount for NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series events

Membership kit (contents of kit may vary)

Admission to the exclusive NHRA Membership Hospitality Center at select NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series events (Pomona – 2 events, Gainesville,  Indianapolis)

10% OFF NHRA merchandise: Only members get this savings on officially licensed products at the NitroMall store, Nitromall.com, and in the NitroMall catalog (Driver merchandise excluded. $10 minimum purchase.)

10% OFF your classified ads in National DRAGSTER
     $485,000 Excess Medical Insurance Coverage*

*For important details about insurance coverage, CLICK HERE.

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
Check out this link for details about the Summit Super Series program and the ET team bracket finals.

http://www.nhra.com/etseries/default.aspx

Offline Jim F

• Need a bigger house for more toys
  • Master
  • go baby go
Thanks Frank
Happy New Year to you guys

Jim
2002 RC51 1000 (SP2)
1983 GS1100EC Suzuki
2002 998 Dukati (Customers Bike)
1992 KTM500 2 stroke
1975 CB750/836 Honda
1978 GS750/840 Suzuki

Offline jweeks

• Hot Shot
Frank,
     Isn't the 120 mph or above for clothing requirements, not for licensing? You have to have one piece leathers or two piece leathers that are metal zippered together 360 degrees to compete with a bike or sled going 120+. The thought of Jim or Bill going into the 9's would make me want to be a spectator!  ;) To get the license, you have to run 9.99 or quicker on your full pass. You can't get the license if you're getting near the nines; you have to run 9.99 or quicker when you go for your license. As a tech inspector for the bike class, the details do matter!

Jon Weeks

Offline Jim F

• Master
  • go baby go
Jim is not going to run that fast so just forget about that..................LOL :):):):)
2002 RC51 1000 (SP2)
1983 GS1100EC Suzuki
1992 KTM500 2 stroke
1975 CB750/836 Honda
1978 GS750/840 Suzuki

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
Frank,
     Isn't the 120 mph or above for clothing requirements, not for licensing? You have to have one piece leathers or two piece leathers that are metal zippered together 360 degrees to compete with a bike or sled going 120+. The thought of Jim or Bill going into the 9's would make me want to be a spectator!  ;) To get the license, you have to run 9.99 or quicker on your full pass. You can't get the license if you're getting near the nines; you have to run 9.99 or quicker when you go for your license. As a tech inspector for the bike class, the details do matter!

Jon Weeks

I stand corrected. Hard to keep up with all the details. Yes, 120mph pertains to the leathers. I got hit with that once at ATL on my Honda. It never breaks 120mph but bumps 119 all the time. Of course the one day i didn't put my leather pants on, it ran 121 on time trial pass. Being in a hurry doesnt pay since they were in the trailer anyway.

Find below a clarification::::
All drivers competing in NHRA Professional categories, Top Alcohol categories, Comp, Advanced E.T., Super Comp, Super Gas, certain Super Stock classes as defined by current NHRA rules, Super Street, Top Comp, Top Sportsman, Super Eliminator, Sport Compact, Snowmobile, ATV, Nostalgia TF, Special Fuel, and E.T. cars or motorcycles with a dial-in of 9.99 or quicker (4.50 to 6.39 for eighth-mile) are required to have a valid NHRA competition license and NHRA membership. Click here to download the license and competition number form.

Are there any other forms to submit with the license application?
Drivers are required to submit a physical examination form to receive a Medical Certificate. Click here to download the application for a medical certificate.

What if I want to drive a car slower than 9.99?
Click here to download the non-licensed driver competition number application form. Note that an NHRA competition number and NHRA membership are required for participation in any divisional or national NHRA-sanctioned event. Effective 1/1/06, a current NHRA membership will be required when obtaining a new competition number or renewing a competition number.

This form is for drivers of nonlicensed Super Stock, Super Street, Stock, E.T. Bike, E.T., Sport Compact, Snowmobile, and ATV classes only.

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
Jim is not going to run that fast so just forget about that..................LOL :):):):)

Neither is Billy or Sam ;D ;D ;D it would be nice though.  ::)

Sam off to bed.  ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline Big Jay

• Expert
    • CBRzone

Sam off to bed.  ;)

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike

Sam off to bed.  ;)

Now thats what i'm talking about, horsepower in a bottle. Nitrous, don't leave home, umm the line, without it. And remember to leave a change of underwear (thats knickers for Sam) in the pits- you might need it with this stuff-lol.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Is there a NOS kit available for a CB750? Oooher............... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike

That looks like one of their universal kits. It'll work on anything. You could drill into your carb boots to install the brass threaded adapter for the nitrous nozzles, find places for the bottle, fuel pump and the solenoids and go PLAY.

Offline Big Jay

• Expert
    • CBRzone

Yes. #03008.  http://aperaceparts.com/nospage.html

Please don't do this with stock rods.

Offline Jim F

• Master
  • go baby go
oooooooooooooo weeeeee
that nitrous kit with my turbo.............

Hang on to your knickers gentlemen 
2002 RC51 1000 (SP2)
1983 GS1100EC Suzuki
1992 KTM500 2 stroke
1975 CB750/836 Honda
1978 GS750/840 Suzuki

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
Since I passed 55 yrs old I need an EKG with my physical too. Our car is certified to 7.5. We caught a tailwind and ran a 7.44 @ 182 mph the last time out. I can't let that happen at an NHRA division or national or we will be going home early.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Jim F

• Master
  • go baby go
this might sound silly Don but is that in the quarter mile?

if it is then damn thats a fast car

Jim
2002 RC51 1000 (SP2)
1983 GS1100EC Suzuki
1992 KTM500 2 stroke
1975 CB750/836 Honda
1978 GS750/840 Suzuki

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
Yes, quarter mile, it is a bit fast these days.  Unfortunately, it eats a lot of my Honda money. 567" chevy, it should be a touch over 1,000hp. Dyno'ed at 965 before the vacuum pump and new cam.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
It's only money Don.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike