Author Topic: CB Prices  (Read 9586 times)

Offline bjatwood

• I never claimed to be an
  • Expert
  • 1973 CB750-K3
    • Minbikers Proboards
Re: CB Prices
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2012, 12:18:45 pm »
Anyone out there recently buy a CB750 in good to excellent condition that might want to share a ballpark of what they spent, the condition, and location?  It be nice to see if we could see the trend.

Paid $2500 for my all original (except exhaust) 6800 mile K6. I didn't really care what it was worth it was just the only one that was in decent stock condition that I found in my 2year search locally. Now you guys have me thinking I should fog and store it and find a different one to ride. Up to 7400 miles now. :)

Paid 2,500 for this K3 in original shape w, 28,000 miles on it in May of 2011. Omaha, NE was where I found it. There are a few CB's floating around Omaha. CL has a few ads most of the time for old Honda's and I have scored quite a few over the years for friends around the USA. This market is "ripe" for the picking. So to speak.... 8) I say this too you all because I am out of space for more "bikes" even with a new Garage built this year!!!! Should have gone BIGGER!  :(
Brian

I believe that the Finest things are the most thoughtfully made, not the most expensive!
http://minibikers.proboards.com/

Offline Teatimetim

• Enthusiast
Re: CB Prices
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2012, 01:15:11 pm »
unfortunately for me, my 550 is going to be molested this winter.   Last week I was coming into a hard left corner when I notice the car entering the corner was not going to make the corner.  I manage to just squeez past them on the right, and got the bike slowed to about 10, but was not able to completely miss a mailbox pole that was made of steel.. lucky for me,  the front wheel did miss.  Damage is minor, but the original pipes will have to be replaced.  No frame damage however, or engine damage, lil damage to the right turn signal. 
Bikes I own:

1974 CB550K
1971 CB450