Author Topic: STL - NYC Next Week  (Read 2512 times)

Offline IAmCitizenMe

• Hot Shot
STL - NYC Next Week
« on: March 14, 2012, 12:10:42 pm »
Alright... I'm flying to St. Louis next week to pick up my bike from Flying Tiger Motorcycles where it's been since I moved to New York last fall. I finally have a living arrangement that allows me to own a motorcycle without worrying about it while I'm on tour. Having a garage in New York? It's almost unheard of. So I'm taking a few days off and driving my 78 CB550 from St. Louis to NYC. I haven't traveled on this machine since Mods v. Rockers '10 when I traveled up Route 66 to Chicago and back. It was an easy jaunt because I love traveling and I'd made the trip a hundred times before by car. But now, it's early spring and I'll be traveling a great deal farther. So, what should I bring? The nice people at Flying Tiger said that my bike should make it to NYC, no problem. But I want to be prepared. Springtime=rain protection/warm clothing. I have a small tent that I bought specifically for motorcycle travel and I plan on sleeping under the stars (or rain clouds) every night. Should I bring a tarp? I want to bring big trash bags to cover my gear in case I get stuck in a storm. Tools? I think the proper tools to adjust my chain, change my oil, and test my circuits. Any other ideas?

Also, any route info would be nice. I don't have as much time as I'd like to sight-see, but I want to make the ride as beautiful as I can.

Offline IAmCitizenMe

• Hot Shot
Re: STL - NYC Next Week
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 06:51:25 pm »
Bumped. I guess everyone is out riding. I can't wait!

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 07:01:28 pm »
If you need a place to stay or do some work west of Philly let me know.  If the weather stays like it is you'll have excellent riding conditions.  Enjoy...Larry

Offline IAmCitizenMe

• Hot Shot
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 07:21:03 pm »
Thanks. I'll be taking pictures and writing about it. And I appreciate the offer, Larry.

Chris

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 09:30:28 pm »
No problem, just let me know if you need anything if you're in this vicinity...Larry

Offline IAmCitizenMe

• Hot Shot
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 03:06:55 pm »
Got my plates renewed today. Tomorrow morning, I leave for NYC. Wish me luck.