Author Topic: Master cylinder won't fit. need a new one  (Read 1189 times)

Offline killersoundz

• Hot Shot
Master cylinder won't fit. need a new one
« on: May 24, 2012, 06:55:47 pm »
stock cb750 master cylinder won't fit on my clip on bars :(

What's a 'standard' upgrade?

Can I just run one line from this new aftermarket MC straight to the caliper?
My project thread:

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=107447.0

My CB750K4 Starting up for the first time after a seized motor and rebuild!

Offline MCRider

• Such is the life of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Today's Lesson: One good turn deserves another.
Re: Master cylinder won't fit. need a new one
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 08:17:48 pm »
stock cb750 master cylinder won't fit on my clip on bars :(

What's a 'standard' upgrade?

Can I just run one line from this new aftermarket MC straight to the caliper?
Any of the modern sport bike MCs with the smaller Reservoir and the hose on the front alleviates this problem. If you just have one disc, you may find such an MC a bit touchy. Available on eBay. I have a VF500F on mine. $35 plus T&M (time and material) to rebuild it. Even Euro bars, the stock MC snout can poke into the tach.

Sure you can just run one or 10 lines so long as they don/t leak.
Ride Safe:
Ron
1988 NT650 HawkGT;  1978 CB400 Hawk;  1975 CB750F -Free Bird; 1968 CB77 Super Hawk -Ticker;  Phaedrus 1972 CB750K2- Build Thread
"Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see, lately it appears to me, what a long, strange trip its been."

Offline xsmooth69x

• Master
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 08:30:08 pm »
if u want to keep the clip on style bars and the vintage MC they do sell clip ons that are longer than the usual ones they sell on the internet

dime city cycles sells extra long clip ons because of this reason. they are even long enough where they even say u can cut them to make it fit perfect

i did the same thing and bought the regular clip ons and i have the MC crash so as of now the clip on angle is pretty tight. i havent ridden my bike yet so i havent felt if they are comfortable riding for a while.

if it isnt then ill buy the ones from dime city since i cut and ground the handle bar brackets on the top triple tree

they are $74 and probably some redonkulous shipping charge

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-racing-chrome-35mm-handle-bar-clip-on-clipons-23-93121.html

i personally like the stock vintage MC compared to those plastic modern ones  :-\
1975 CB550 (FINISHED?!?!?)
first motorcycle ever!!! ow and i dont know how to ride it either :D

raw rust rice venti quad shot cafe racing latte project aka my build..... http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=88853.0

black and white equation godzilla chalkboard 
1972 cb750 - next in line for some <3

Offline MCRider

• Such is the life of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Today's Lesson: One good turn deserves another.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 05:38:19 am »
By modern, I mean 1980s/90s,  :D  I think this looks pretty good.

In reality, the one from the 500 Magna would look better as it is canted a bit and the reservoir would lay more horizontal v the F model.
Ride Safe:
Ron
1988 NT650 HawkGT;  1978 CB400 Hawk;  1975 CB750F -Free Bird; 1968 CB77 Super Hawk -Ticker;  Phaedrus 1972 CB750K2- Build Thread
"Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see, lately it appears to me, what a long, strange trip its been."