Author Topic: aftermaret carb kits  (Read 954 times)

Offline dbscots

aftermaret carb kits
« on: May 06, 2012, 07:33:21 pm »
I'm cleaning up a 1976 CB400F for my daughter to ride.I bought a set of 4 aftermarket carb rebuilding kits from a supplier on ebay and I could use some advice. When I compared the main jets I noticed some significant differences. The size of the jet inlet on both jets was basically the same, 0.120 inches. Now the original jet was clearly marked "75". stepped down to just about 0.060" at it's smallest point. the aftermarket stepped down to half the size of the original or 0.030". Not only that but while the stock jet was bored straight thru the aftermarket jet flared out from 0.030 to just under 0.120 at the outlet Has anyone ever encountered a situation like this and what did you do about it? Did I just get the wrong jet or is something going on that I don't know about. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks,
dbcots

Offline That 70s Bike

• Honey I'm not obsessed, see... I'm just an
  • Enthusiast
  • SEE YOUR AD HERE!
Re: aftermaret carb kits
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 09:18:44 pm »
The concensus seems to be the jets & needles don't work. The gaskets work and sometimes the float valve, but I hear the spring is too stiff.
For some reason the parts need to be from Honda or the carb mfg. :o
I'm sitting on 4 Keyster kits (made in Japan!) that were not worth the price of the usable pieces.
I don't know why there isn't a lawsuit to shut the mother f@!$#%&*s down >:(
CB750K6- survivor   CB500K2, CB550K2- projects

Offline dbscots

Re: aftermaret carb kits
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 09:46:09 pm »
Great, That's not exactly what I was hoping to hear but thanks for the information T70sB.
dbscots