Poll

whats worse?  Neglected bike or failed project bike?

Neglected Bike
2 (33.3%)
Failed Project Bike
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: June 07, 2012, 04:14:16 pm

Author Topic: whats worse? Neglected bike or failed project bike?  (Read 9175 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: whats worse? Neglected bike or failed project bike?
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 04:12:53 pm »
I just watched an episode of "Born to Ride" where one of Zach Ness' (spoilt brat grandson of Arlen Ness) employee's (Lynch) buys a nice clean looking CB400 "Hawk" for his little brother who's about to go to college.

He entrusts it to Zach's arse licking "right hand man" Cameron, who tells Zach that it's not worth fixing, so Zach and Cameron take it upon themselves to take it to the local metal recycler and pose for pictures with it being crushed, apparently to "Prank" Lynch.

I thought maybe Zach and Cameron would then find another bike to give to Lynch's little brother, but no, they did nothing apart from destroy a nice clean original paint Hawk that Lynch had just paid 750 bucks for. It wasn't funny, it was just nasty.

Anyone on this forum could have turned that bike into a runner and put it back on the road for the price of a new set of tires, a battery and an oil and plug change. I'm not a fan of old Honda twins, but I'm less of a fan of "Born to Ride"............  >:(
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline kghost

• Really Old Timer ...
  • www.facebook.com/RetroMecanicaAustralia
Re: whats worse? Neglected bike or failed project bike?
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2014, 12:40:00 pm »
I break them down into Outside bikes and Inside bikes.

Outside are the worst.

If its been outside for any extended length of time theres a lot of things that will be just ruined.

Inside, even if its been disassembled is better
Stranger in a strange land