Author Topic: how much should the accelerator pump rod move during activation? 78 750 f3  (Read 871 times)

Offline lostmykeys

• Hot Shot
 I spent nine hours today on my second carb cleaning.I have them clean and ready to go back on the bike.
 My question is how much should the rod move when the accel pump is activated by the little tang.
 I have the tang as close as possible without preasure on the rod.

Offline lostmykeys

• Hot Shot
 I did upload the manual saved it to favorites but it seems to be lost.
 I was hoping someone here knew the adjustment.
 When I bench test this function there is barley any movement at all on the accel pump rod as I marked it to check with a marker.
 Oh sorry Its Saturday night Im sure most of you are enjoying a ride on your  good running bikes.
 Oh well someday I hope

Offline tomkimberly

• Expert
I think the setting is .020" gap. Yes, there is very little movement but it works!

Tom

Offline lucky

• Really Old Timer ...
I think the setting is .020" gap. Yes, there is very little movement but it works!

Tom

The Clymer's manual (page 66) says the gap is .024-.032 thousandths but this is for the CB750A.  READ AGAIN CB750A

You cannot adjust that tang,it is way too strong. It would probably damage the mechanism.

Also the pump rod usually just comes up and touches the tang. There is no gap.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:26:36 am by lucky »

Offline lostmykeys

• Hot Shot
 Mine is just touching the top of the pump rod so im not going to jack with it.
 The reason I thought it needed to be reset was the fact that the gas squirts into the carbs much further if you push the rod down manualy.
 Lucky did you find your answer to the accelerator pump brass tubes yet?