Author Topic: stoner announces retirement  (Read 4611 times)

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
Re: stoner announces retirement
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 06:51:37 pm »
Yeah, sure, if he was addicted to the fame and playboy lifestyle like some other racers out there (Bear, for instance.....)

Love it.... ;D ;D

Oh very droll you two. :)

Cheers,
Brian
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 02:27:00 am »
Revvin' Kevin on the subject....

"I guess what I don't like the most about Casey and his retirement is, that now he's taking the opportunity to bag a sport, or to ditch on a sport that has given him so much. "Yeah," Casey will say, "but I've given just as much back." Yeah, but we all do. It's something that we love. It's something that's given us an opportunity to make a really good living. But if you just don't want to do it any more, you don't have to have something to beat up on, to be able to give you a reason to walk away. If you're going to quit, just man up and quit. If you don't want to do it any more, then retire. That's your choice. But don't continue to talk trash about a racing series that is the premier two-wheel motorsport in the world, and has a long, long-standing history of great competition, great champions. Tip your hat and walk away from the sport and be graceful about it. Don't talk s**t."

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 03:58:42 pm »
Kevin is entitled to his opinion i suppose but it is becoming less than the premier event in more than just Casey's opinion.....
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 12:26:38 am »
Yeah, no disrespect to Kevin's opinion, but Casey was commenting on how in his opinion the sport has changed for the worse. Considering that they're both MotoGP "Greats", I don't value one over the other, but to be honest, I enjoy the world superbikes more. Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2012, 04:16:01 am »
sounds like #34 should think twice before showing up again at the classic races in PI :)

Offline simon#42

• Old Timer
  • liverpool
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 09:57:04 am »
i read an interview with casey and he didnt seem to be badmouthing the sport at all , his main moan was about how he was treated at ducati and the fact that no one believed that he was ill a couple of years ago . and he is right about that everyone at motogp just thought he had folded under the pressure .