Author Topic: International Tag Team Project 750 K6  (Read 33125 times)

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: International Tag Team Project 750 K6
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2012, 08:52:20 am »
I have a paint/ theme idea. Sure to please Terry upon return of his beloved bike. How about rainbows and teddy bears. Of course the requisite unicorn sliding down the rainbow. Just a thought, feel free to paint it as you see fit. just remember, I honored you with the c f tank. no pressure.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2012, 03:33:34 pm »
Brad, that may just work with the paint scheme I'm thinking of. Now I just need to find some decals of unicorns, rainbows, and teddy bears (probably care bears).
Maybe I can get something to match my keychain.

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2012, 06:24:24 pm »
No, not Teddy bears, koala bears!
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2012, 06:33:38 pm »
Koala bears arent real. Just like O'doul's

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2012, 01:03:26 am »
I have a paint/ theme idea. Sure to please Terry upon return of his beloved bike. How about rainbows and teddy bears. Of course the requisite unicorn sliding down the rainbow. Just a thought, feel free to paint it as you see fit. just remember, I honored you with the c f tank. no pressure.

Hmmmnnn, sounds great Brad, I must remember to insure it when I get it back, just in case there's a tragic fire..................  ;)
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2012, 01:21:03 am »
Just a quick little update. Looks like I won't be using the Harley wheels. I'll be cleaning up the Honda wheels. I started doing a little polishing. I really wish I had a bench grinder to put a polishing wheel on. A corded drill in hand gets old after the first 30sec. I'll try to get enough finished to take pics this weekend.

maduncle

« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2012, 04:27:13 am »
Just a quick little update. Looks like I won't be using the Harley wheels. I'll be cleaning up the Honda wheels. I started doing a little polishing. I really wish I had a bench grinder to put a polishing wheel on. A corded drill in hand gets old after the first 30sec. I'll try to get enough finished to take pics this weekend.

You can borrow my bench grinder and polishing wheel, but you will need a sturdy bench to mount it to!

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2012, 03:06:18 pm »
I did a little work over the weekend. I finished polishing the fork bottoms. They aren't perfect by any definition, but they're good enough for me. I still have some more parts to polish. I need to get some courser sand paper to make it a little easier to start.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2012, 03:29:24 am »
I cleaned up the front wheel, and ordered some spokes for both wheels. I started cleaning up the rear rim today and found a couple little holes. Can these be fixed, or am I looking for another rim?

Also, a reminder to be happy with the shops you have.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2012, 04:37:42 am »
Well at least it was a nice day Adam, it would have been lovely and warm in your "shed"? Is that a small red worm poking his head out of that rust hole in your rim, or have I been over-imbibing?

It's entirely up to you whether you get those holes filled, I've brazed up some small holes in rims before having them re-chromed before, but it's up to you mate, you're gonna be riding it.

You can buy new rims from any number of sources, it's probably easier to buy new ones now than used ones? Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline lucky

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2012, 01:33:54 pm »
I cleaned up the front wheel, and ordered some spokes for both wheels. I started cleaning up the rear rim today and found a couple little holes. Can these be fixed, or am I looking for another rim?

Also, a reminder to be happy with the shops you have.

You will need new rims or good used rims.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2012, 02:28:51 pm »
I'm not having much luck finding a new or used rim. There are plenty for sale on ebay in the US, but is that my only option? Terry, do you have a link to a place that sells new rims?

maduncle

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2012, 03:44:10 pm »

Try:

http://www.spoked-wheels-brisbane.com.au/

http://www.lightfootwheels.com/

Ash's spoked wheels can get you anything you want - at a price.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2012, 08:22:14 pm »
Thanks! I'll check those out. I called Pud's and he has new ones for $250 or used for 100 that needs re chromed.

maduncle

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2012, 08:33:54 pm »

I have bought parts from Pud's before and they have been okay - but ask Terry about Pud's offline though before you buy.

At least they are in Victoria.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2012, 08:42:42 pm »
I've heard some mixed things about him, but if the used wheel looks good I may have to get it. They're sending me pics. I can't get my phone to open my email so I have to wait till I get home. I'll check the link you sent too. I don't know that I'll call lightfoot again. I don't think what I'm building is nice enough for him to put his name on it. Although his price for a new HD front wheel wasn't crazy...

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2012, 02:03:10 am »
Well, I called Lightfoot and he has an original z900 rim in excellent shape that will work. I also got the email from Pud's. The used rim is a bit rough, and he has a new Sumoto rim for $20 more than the used DID. I haven't heard anything about the Sumoto rims before so I'm about to do a little research. Here's pics of it.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2012, 02:11:30 am »
Buy the Sumoto rim Adam, the Z900 wheels are 36 spoke, so they won't work. Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2012, 02:39:48 am »
I asked the Lightfoot guy if it's 40 spoke and he said it is. Oh well, I think the Sumoto rim looks like a good deal. I emailed back to Pud's to see if they have a front rim too. I may just get a new set.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2012, 02:49:04 am »
Good idea mate, there's nothing nicer than working with shiny new parts. Lightfoot is full of #$%*, Kawasaki and Suzuki wheels have always been 36 spoke. Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2012, 02:55:28 am »
Yeah, and I already ordered a set of brand new spokes. I just hope my polishing skills will be good enough to go with such nice new shiny parts. Maybe I shouldn't get new wheels so I can half ass my polishing. ;)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2012, 04:01:08 am »
I'm not a polisher Adam, I get bored after approx 30 seconds, but I do admire folks who are brain dead , er, I mean dedicated enough to sit for hours rubbing something without actually dying of boredom! ;D 

maduncle

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2012, 04:08:49 am »
I'm not a polisher Adam, I get bored after approx 30 seconds, but I do admire folks who are brain dead , er, I mean dedicated enough to sit for hours rubbing something without actually dying of boredom! ;D

That's because the only thing you rub is all over in way less than 30 seconds.  ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2012, 04:15:37 am »

That's because the only thing you rub is all over in way less than 30 seconds.  ;D

Yep, you got that right mate, and even that bores me................ ;D

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2012, 04:16:53 am »
It takes a bit of beer and a good playlist to get me going. It usually puts me in a bad mood though. I don't think I'll ever do it again. Some of it looks like #$%* because I got mad and said #$%* it. I may go back and fix those parts later. I got all my hair cut off last weekend. I think one reason is because I was polishing before I went out to the shops to meet up with the wife and I got real mad at my hair getting blown in the wind, so when I met up with her I said, "Where's a hair cut place? This #$%*'s coming off!" Now I have no hair, and it's all because polishing put me in a bad mood. It takes a lot less time to wash though.

Wow, that had almost nothing to do with my project.