Author Topic: Electrical nonsense on my Sanglas bike (update aug 2nd)  (Read 6794 times)

Offline DarkRider

• Nomad.or Drifter...Def not a
  • Old Timer
  • Lone Wolf.....Among the herd of sport bikers...
Re: Electrical nonsense on my Sanglas bike (update aug 2nd)
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 06:43:37 am »
If the honda one works for ya..why not just leave it in there?
'84 Chevy C10
'73 MGB Roadster
'69 Ford F250

Currently a rider without a bike

Quote from: heffay
so, you say just tie myself on with this... and steer w/ this?   ;D ;D  ok.  where's my goggles?   8)

Offline Raul CB750K1

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 08:05:25 am »
If the honda one works for ya..why not just leave it in there?

It is a Yamaha regulator, but pretty much the same than the Honda regulator: a relay and a high-power resistor.

That was my reasoning: if the mechanical regulator works on my CB750, my Sanglas can work with a mechanical regulator too.

Offline Raul CB750K1

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 02:45:39 pm »
I am very grateful for all your help, and therefore I felt obliged to write one last post to inform you about how this problem has ended.

After the lasts tests with the mechanical regulator pointed that the charging system was working well, I decided to replace the original regulator with the mechanical one. Took the bike to work today, with the headlight on all the time. It started with the starter motor every time, and when I arrived, the battery was loaded as to crank the engine again.

So it seems that the electronic regulator goes south gradually and it is unable to regulate the alternator output to provide enough power. Something like what happened with the mass air flow sensor of my car: it degrades gradually that you don't notice the lack of power until it is too late.

I have no qualms using a mechanical regulator, so I just installed it where the old one was.

Thanks again everybody for taking the time to reply and give a hand, and also thanks to all of you who read the whole thread through even when you have never heard about this bikes. I just hope this thread has been informative.

Offline DarkRider

• Nomad.or Drifter...Def not a
  • Old Timer
  • Lone Wolf.....Among the herd of sport bikers...
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 09:08:24 pm »
Glad to hear you got the problem resolved Raul. Figures it was something simple keeping you from enjoying such a fine lil bike.
'84 Chevy C10
'73 MGB Roadster
'69 Ford F250

Currently a rider without a bike

Quote from: heffay
so, you say just tie myself on with this... and steer w/ this?   ;D ;D  ok.  where's my goggles?   8)

Offline Raul CB750K1

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2008, 07:04:12 am »
Damn!!! I went today for a ride with my friends of the Sanglas club. At one of the stops, the battery couldn't crank the starter motor. Had to kickstart it and run with parking light only.

Guess I will have to replace the whole alternator...... it is the only thing that I haven't tried yet.

As mr. Wolf (Pulp fiction) would have told me, "you shouldn't have licked your own d1ck so soon"   ;D

Offline s_ellinson

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 09:18:05 am »
Hiya - If raul CB750 reads this, can you drop me an email or pm; I'd like to talk sanglas with someone whos english is better than my spanish!