Author Topic: Brian Williams (Bear) the final report.  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
Brian Williams (Bear) the final report.
« on: July 19, 2012, 08:35:42 am »
As a lot of you will know, Brian was involved in a horrific accident back in November when he lost control of his fire breathing sohc Honda sidecar outfit. He was on life support in a hospital in Melborne Aus.
I hadn't heard from Brian in a while and when I realised that the Aussie seasons are reversed from ours in the northern hemisphere and their racing season was in full swing, I began to fear the worst.
I found his Leeton Motorcycle Club on facebook and asked the question, was he ok.
A few days later came the news I was dreading and that a fund had been set up to help Brian and his family get through this difficult time.
I did the same on our forums here and was absolutely gob smacked by the responce. together you raised over $3000 AUD.
From time to time, I get PMs from people asking, how's that old dude doing that had the crash.
As there were so many of you and our reports were only in the main thread in the racing forum, a lot of you would not have seen them.
I thanked each and every one of you as you donated and a final thanks was impossible from Brian as lots of you didn't even include your forum user names.
Well after 8 months in hospital, Brian made a full recovery and was able to walk again, something that had been playing on a lot of our minds.
This is a copy and paste from a PM sent to me by Brian.

Thanks again for all your help and support Sam it is much appreciated.
What a great bunch of blokes we have on this forum.
If not for Terry, your good self and the rest of the crew my first couple of months after the accident would have been a lot more stressful than it was.

While we had sold the hotel in September monies from the deposit and the first payment went directly to our bank in dept repayment before we left for Tasmania.
When I became layed up down here the buyer decided to play silly buggers with the the final payment and the stock on hand.

The help that we received from the group that you organized and coordinated got Evelyn and I through a very sticky patch.

Cheers,
Brian

From me and Terry IA and the gang, a very big thank you.

Sam.  ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike