Author Topic: Sunter Honda  (Read 2097 times)

Offline freedomgli

Sunter Honda
« on: July 27, 2012, 12:08:26 pm »
I know this forum is specific to SOHC4 bikes but some of these parts for my twin are applicable to its 4-cylinder cousins and I figured you guys would be interested in a show and tell.

Bespoke racing parts made for the Honda CB350K in the UK by Jon Sunter have arrived.

www.sunterhonda30.co.uk

Months of research, one e-mail inquiry and a prompt reply, followed by an international wire transfer, 15 nail biting weeks later and I am rewarded with some very trick bits!   And I must say, it was well worth the wait! 

I am duly impressed.  The apparent build quality of these parts is outstanding.  I'm a handy guy in the workshop but I could not have built anything that looks so nice.  It's almost a shame the parts are going on a lowly Honda CB350 instead of something a bit more exotic and worthy! 

Jon Sunter is a true gentleman for putting up with all my e-mail messages and the inherent hassle of dealing with international customers.  I feel really fortunate that craftsmen such as him exist to supply this niche market and I would not hesitate to recommend his business to others.

Front Fairing Probe - Stage 4

Front fairing probe for mounting fiberglass bodywork to Honda CB350 race bike. Includes lugs for mounting rev counter bracket, fork lock stops with nylon ends, front aluminum extension with upper fairing mounting frame, front locking washer, safety pin and aluminum rev counter bracket.

Rear Top Fairing Mount

Fits standard Honda CB350K frame.  Made of 6082 aluminum alloy.  Includes cross bar, frame mounting tabs, 2 x tapered outside washers and countersunk bolts that are screwed into short extensions that stay attached to fairing, 2 x R-clips for quick release. Fully adjustable to suit most any fairing.

Rear Top Fairing Mount Detail

Fairing Belly Pan Mount

Fits standard Honda CB350K frame. Rigidly fixes the rear belly pan in position.

Fairing Belly Pan Mount

Front Mudguard

Very lightweight fiberglass construction. White gelcoat ready for sanding, primer and paint.  Requires only minimal preparation for finish.  No pin holes.

Clutch Pushrod Seal Retainer

High crankcase pressure can cause the clutch pushrod seal located behind the countershaft sprocket cover to become dislodged and cause a major oil leak.  This aluminum keeper device prevents that from happening.  No one besides me will ever see this part but it sure is pretty, though!  Combined with a vented oil filler cap I should have no worries.

Swingarm Bushings

Replacement swing arm steel bushes for standard swing arm.  Made from EN36, hardened and ground to size. These are aftermarket replacements for Honda part numbers 52141-268-000 and 52141-286-000, which are no longer available new anywhere as far as I am aware.  Mine were all corroded and pitted so I'm very thankful I found these new replacements to take the last bit of compliance out of the swingarm pivot!

Offline Jim F

• Need a bigger house for more toys
  • Master
  • go baby go
Re: Sunter Honda
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 12:18:45 pm »
From one toolmaker to the next
thats some fine work

very nice indeed

Jim
2002 RC51 1000 (SP2)
1983 GS1100EC Suzuki
2002 998 Dukati (Customers Bike)
1992 KTM500 2 stroke
1975 CB750/836 Honda
1978 GS750/840 Suzuki

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:03:45 pm »
Nice looking indeed :) :) :)

Regarding the swingarm bushes......original model was the CB72 and used on all later CB77; CL72; CL77 & CB-CL 350 models and may have been used on the CB450s as well.
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 07:56:30 pm »
Beautifully made parts.  ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.