Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 814151 times)

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #16975 on: July 25, 2020, 01:47:33 am »
yeah bad stuff spotty,itll shake you around for a while but not forever,i went through that separation #$%* years ago,youll have ups n downs and not sure where your heads at but youll be fine and even one step better once all the #$%* is over with,stay tough!

Offline spotty

• Expert
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #16976 on: July 25, 2020, 03:04:31 am »
The one thing I've got to get to hold onto is getting my garage back... 

Not much I guess but better than ....fcuked if I know
It seems I've kicked the Honda habit again...anyone mind if I stick around ?

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #16977 on: July 25, 2020, 03:32:55 am »

Terry if you feel that way , maybe you should think about this. ...
 IMAGINE how your SOHC feels   :'( when you are always out with those other SLEEKER , YOUNGER, FASTER #$%*es.. :o

Yes Frank, my old sohc probably hates that I have another 16 or 17 sweet young bikes to ride, but if she looks around the garage she'll see the remains of 3 or 4 other old SOHC4's who may, or may not have complained about my dalliances with my younger bikes, so if she knows what's good for her, she'll shut the fcuk up and wait her turn........ ;D

March shelving madness 2 by Terry Prendergast, on Flickr
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16978 on: July 25, 2020, 03:40:54 am »

A garage with a level floor is a thing of beauty Spotty, and something to look forward to. Don't leave it empty too long, or I'll fill it with motorcycles......... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16979 on: July 28, 2020, 04:14:36 am »
I got a message from Fedex last Thursday saying that the welded and indexed crank, ported head and big cams for my Z1 engine had finally left Covid-ridden Florida and the estimated delivery was this Thursday. I just did a cargo trace, and my boxes are in Hawaii. Is it wrong to be jealous of my own bike parts? I mean, Hawaii? I'm fcuking cold! ;D

Offline spotty

• Expert
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #16980 on: July 29, 2020, 04:45:23 am »

A garage with a level floor is a thing of beauty Spotty, and something to look forward to. Don't leave it empty too long, or I'll fill it with motorcycles......... ;D

don't know at this stage when i'll be going home to rezza but you are more than welcome to use what will be quite a large chunk of empty garage, i'll have my two bikes, the bike lift and shelving so there'll be room for at least 4 bikescos there'll be no car or gardening crap

you can get all the stuff out of the storage container, save a sh1tload of money and they'll only be 10 minutes down the road

an extra bonusy thing i just thought of is you can keep them all on battery tenders, there's about 15 power points in the garage including a high amp one for welding....

anyway something to think about, rent would be very reasonable, a slab of cheap aldi beer every now and then

don't suppose you know anyone likely to be looking for a room in a share house in sunny rezza in the not too distant future - must like very large dogs, cats ( just normal size ), motorcycles and beer
It seems I've kicked the Honda habit again...anyone mind if I stick around ?

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16981 on: July 29, 2020, 05:52:33 am »

don't know at this stage when i'll be going home to rezza but you are more than welcome to use what will be quite a large chunk of empty garage, i'll have my two bikes, the bike lift and shelving so there'll be room for at least 4 bikescos there'll be no car or gardening crap

you can get all the stuff out of the storage container, save a sh1tload of money and they'll only be 10 minutes down the road

an extra bonusy thing i just thought of is you can keep them all on battery tenders, there's about 15 power points in the garage including a high amp one for welding....

anyway something to think about, rent would be very reasonable, a slab of cheap aldi beer every now and then

don't suppose you know anyone likely to be looking for a room in a share house in sunny rezza in the not too distant future - must like very large dogs, cats ( just normal size ), motorcycles and beer

That sounds magnificent mate, I'll be happy to pay that kind of rent, for sure. I don't know anyone off the top of my head looking for a place to live, but I see ads all the time on FB for people looking for accommodation and Reservoir is pretty popular as it's closer to the city with public transport nearby etc. ;D

Offline scunny

• Old Timer
  • don't call me expert
« Reply #16982 on: July 31, 2020, 07:50:26 pm »
2 of my plug caps have gone on holiday, 22K ohms each, they are meant to be 5k.
Come on Honda, up your game, they are only 40 years old. I'm replacing all 4 now but still.............................................
past-cb100,ts250,cb500,cb500,gs1000,gs650g.phillips traveller
present-CB 650 retro
            VTR1000F3
           XL250S riverbed rocket
           TS250[sold]
           TS185[sold]
           XL125S[sold]
           MT50 (white)
           MT50 (red)[sold]
           KN250/XS400 project
           XR/XL250 bitsa under construction
           SL100[sold]
           XL250R
           pedal(pub bike) leaks oil
my gallery http://gallery.sohc4.net/members/personal/scunny

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • AZ
« Reply #16983 on: July 31, 2020, 07:53:39 pm »
Scunny, would you have even known they were out of spec without measuring, as in running issues?
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline scunny

• Old Timer
  • don't call me expert
« Reply #16984 on: August 01, 2020, 02:00:08 pm »
Scottly, the bike has been getting harder to start when cold, when it fired up, it would be only on 2, then the other 2 would burp and fart into life. Both dud caps were on the same coil.
past-cb100,ts250,cb500,cb500,gs1000,gs650g.phillips traveller
present-CB 650 retro
            VTR1000F3
           XL250S riverbed rocket
           TS250[sold]
           TS185[sold]
           XL125S[sold]
           MT50 (white)
           MT50 (red)[sold]
           KN250/XS400 project
           XR/XL250 bitsa under construction
           SL100[sold]
           XL250R
           pedal(pub bike) leaks oil
my gallery http://gallery.sohc4.net/members/personal/scunny

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • AZ
« Reply #16985 on: August 01, 2020, 11:04:38 pm »
Scunny, I asked because I had one that read open with the meter, but no running issues. I replaced all four caps, as they were even older than yours, and weren't that expensive.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein
« Reply #16986 on: August 03, 2020, 12:29:27 am »
Bad brains piss me off.

My best friend is in a coma following a stroke.

I'm 2200 miles away.

Dear God, thats a long ride I don't wanna go on right now.  It may be selfish to ask.  Please just make that man open his eyes and walk again.
75 CB550F codename Bloo
76/78 XS750 triple; trash can.
07 FJR1300; Lydia
73 Norton Commando 850 Cafe Racer

Offline morini

• Hot Shot
« Reply #16987 on: August 03, 2020, 01:27:36 am »

Wow, that sucks.  When it comes down to it, humans are pretty fragile.  Would your presence there give some comfort to his family?  If the answer is "Yes", then you know what you have to do...

I hope he recovers.

Trevor
1971 Kawasaki H1A
1972 Honda CB350F
1976 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport
1978 Honda CBX
1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein
« Reply #16988 on: August 05, 2020, 04:34:52 pm »

Wow, that sucks.  When it comes down to it, humans are pretty fragile.  Would your presence there give some comfort to his family?  If the answer is "Yes", then you know what you have to do...

I hope he recovers.

Trevor

Update - this guy woke up then removed his own breathing tube!  Then complained it made his throat hurt.  Looks like he's gonna be just fine! 
Of course the nurses admonished him.  Then quickly put him back to sleep and inserted a new tube so he can recover without being such a pain in their arse!
The community rallied and raised a respectable sum of money to offset the medical bills too.  I sent a care package to the man and pledged my pops as a servant should they need any assistance.

So that's the really good news.

THE PISSED OFF PART

surprise bills piss me off.  The set of winter wheels I recently acquired decided to smoke a throttle servo.  So off to the shop for a rather expensive yet not intensive repair. 
Then the landlord informs me that I need to activate gas service.  Where I had assumed every appliance was electric, turns out there is one lonely and seldom seen appliance that still feasts on the decaying carcasses of dinosaurs.

All these responsibilities make me wish I was still out riding my bike.
75 CB550F codename Bloo
76/78 XS750 triple; trash can.
07 FJR1300; Lydia
73 Norton Commando 850 Cafe Racer

;