Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1289350 times)

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #15050 on: November 08, 2018, 06:04:47 pm »
Hey Brian, how about a electric solenoid shifted bike? Similar to the air-shifted drag bikes, but able to both upshift and downshift at the touch of a button. Just a thought...
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #15051 on: November 08, 2018, 06:46:32 pm »
13 days since I paypall'd for a gl1000 gas tank. I'm waiting for a tracking number, I wonder how many days do I have to file a claim?

Don, contact the seller.  If he doesn't respond quickly, then file an item not received.  I think you only have 30 days from the purchase to do that.  Good luck with it, you could go straight to filing the item not received.  I usually give the seller the courtesy of contacting them first, but...…………………..13 days is a long time...Larry

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #15052 on: November 08, 2018, 06:49:08 pm »
Hey Brian, how about a electric solenoid shifted bike? Similar to the air-shifted drag bikes, but able to both upshift and downshift at the touch of a button. Just a thought...

And a good thought it is Scott.

I have one actually,  Motorcycling Australia gave us permission to run it on the sidecar after my accident.
It's made by a UK company called Klicktronic, it has an adjustable engine cutout as well and it's a very good bit of kit.

Unfortunately one of my original injuries in the accident called a brachial plexus injury deteriorated and left me with very limited use of my left hand and bugger all strength in the arm as well. (That's what put the skids on my racing the second time around)

Im pretty sure I can handle a road bike and sidecar combination but I would struggle with a clutch.

Cheers,
Brian

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:49:52 pm by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15053 on: November 08, 2018, 07:46:43 pm »
 Can yo run footclutch and button shift.
 Pingel also makes electric shifters I believe.

We have a guy locally  that rides a HD sidecar, puts his wheelchair  on the back.
 And he is getting a knuckle head chopper built  with footclutch.. with early style floorboard...so I assume he has a little use of his legs. 
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #15054 on: November 08, 2018, 09:47:32 pm »

We have a guy locally  that rides a HD sidecar, puts his wheelchair  on the back.
 And he is getting a knuckle head chopper built  with footclutch.. with early style floorboard...so I assume he has a little use of his legs.

No go with the foot clutch I'm afraid Frank.
I'm an incomplete paraplegic.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #15055 on: November 08, 2018, 11:05:24 pm »

Well even though you've relegated me to #2 Brian, you're still OUR incomplete paraplegic! I've seen a few wheelchair chariots for para's, have you done any youtubing mate? We could do something like this one, but with 2 CB750's for motivation? ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15056 on: November 08, 2018, 11:19:04 pm »
Oh and I'm pissed off that I'm now an online gambling addict. Last Tuesday was the Melbourne Cup, Australia's premier hay muncher race, so I started a "Bet Easy" account, but got sidetracked and forgot to put a bet on. Bugger. Oh well, I remembered again today, so as I had $20 in my account I bet $10 on a race and lost my 10 beans, so I bet 5 bux and when I came back to see how I'd done, I'd won $183!

Woohoo! I mean, booooo, betting money on horse races is bad. OK, I gotta go look for $183 worth of bike parts........... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15057 on: November 09, 2018, 02:52:24 am »
Bugger, now I want a trike! ;D

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #15058 on: November 09, 2018, 03:34:43 am »

Well even though you've relegated me to #2 Brian, you're still OUR incomplete paraplegic! I've seen a few wheelchair chariots for para's, have you done any youtubing mate? We could do something like this one, but with 2 CB750's for motivation? ;D

Is that a fat joke Uncle Tez. >:(
Your buck'in for #3.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:36:57 am by bear »

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15059 on: November 09, 2018, 02:35:55 pm »

Is that a fat joke Uncle Tez. >:(
Your buck'in for #3.

Ha ha, not it wasn't Brian, but apologies anyway mate, I can see that you're a bit sensitive about your current girth, and I don't want to be relegated to the wilderness of #3.......... ;D

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #15060 on: November 09, 2018, 02:50:30 pm »
Bugger, now I want a trike! ;D

Beyond redneck ability,  some bad a..................ss trikes

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #15061 on: November 09, 2018, 03:09:32 pm »
 Some little ahole shot up my Nephews house with lime green paintballs. In broad daylight and it's 28*F outside. He has slate/asbestos tile siding, it didn't break fortunately and he did wash it off in time. If they knew about his arsenal they wouldn't be pointing anything at his house. If he felt threatened they better put at least a mile between them and keep moving.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15062 on: November 09, 2018, 04:27:27 pm »
Yeah, we had some young dickheads driving around "egging" folks cars a couple of years ago Don, when a middle aged couple took umbrage to having their new car egged, a fight ensued and the husband was stabbed to death. The tragic down side of a poorly thought out prank.

I actually got egged by some young guys a few weeks earlier when I was out walking early one morning, I took off after them but of course they were in a car so I didn't catch them, which was probably more lucky for me than them, I'd be severely pissed off if I was stabbed to death....... ;D   

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #15063 on: November 10, 2018, 02:04:04 am »
Well it could be worse Terry.
Hows this sh1t wit in Melbourne yesterday.
Fcuking Dickhead.

Sadly one innocent person has lost their life.

Then the fcukwit has a go at the coppers with a knife while he's looking down the wrong end of a .357.
That lead poisoning is no good for your health and well being as the cockroach found out.

https://www.news.com.au/news/national/melbourne-stabbing-attack-was-terrorism-incident-police-say-as-islamic-state-claims-it/news-story/95ad6cca7af9e87528d814a6b96f693e
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #15064 on: November 10, 2018, 02:35:47 am »
#$%* escalates,this #$%* drove over our letter box a few weeks ago,i know what inbred mob it is,#$%*ing cowards,its all out off nothing fair dinkum,this is how #$%*s get hurt badly,from #$%*ing normal people off!im not pissed off,im just ready.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 02:38:23 am by dave500 »

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #15065 on: November 10, 2018, 02:51:11 am »
Who are the #$%*z Dave.
Are they just looking for a bit of trouble.
Nothing a broken jaw won't fix while they drink soup through a straw in hospital for 2 weeks.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #15066 on: November 10, 2018, 03:06:46 am »
its a two year fiasco of #$%* mick,long story but #$%* all to tell,gutless #$%*s as usual,if I belted one id have two car loads of inbreds here,not to worry,what goes around etc?

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #15067 on: November 10, 2018, 03:18:54 am »
#$%* escalates,this #$%* drove over our letter box a few weeks ago,i know what inbred mob it is,#$%*ing cowards,its all out off nothing fair dinkum,this is how #$%*s get hurt badly,from #$%*ing normal people off!im not pissed off,im just ready.
I’ve got a tip for you, Dave; build your letterbox from 3” square steel tubing, 1/4” wall, cemented into the ground. Box on top from 6x10 tubing, 1/4” wall. Whomever runs it over will still be standing there afterwards.

I live on a lovely rural road, and we have frequent teens and other distracted drivers play letterbox baseball. I’ve found broken bats lying in the street, sheared side mirrors (from trucks too) bumpers, portions of fenders (wings as you say) and finally a minivan parked I the yard. This distracted mom actually dislodged the entire thing and flung it about 42’.

When the cops turned up, they were convinced she had hit a tree until, I showed them how perfectly the collapsed front end of her minivan fit my post box (I had to show them where it was and invite them to lift it alone). The letterbox stands unscathed, still at the end of the drive. No cameras needed, and no useless hooligans to track down.
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #15068 on: November 10, 2018, 03:30:09 am »
yeah im the quiet achiever calj,just #$%*ing leave me alone or it wont be any more fun any #$%*ing more!you dig #$%*?

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #15069 on: November 10, 2018, 03:56:57 am »
I'd track the #$%*s movements for a couple of months Dave.
He might drink at a local pub with his gay mates.
Then I'd pull the sump plug and cut the sender wire.
It looks like a HJ60/80 Landcruiser so it'd be quick job.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #15070 on: November 10, 2018, 04:04:41 am »
yeah mick im quietly quietly,its no bull bar no snorkel no roof rack no spare and stock wheels,comes a time.i wont be #$%*ed with.

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #15071 on: November 10, 2018, 04:39:54 am »
Good idea Cal except here if I did something like that I could get charged, it would be interfering with the snowplow driver's drivers fun.
Bill the demon.

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #15072 on: November 10, 2018, 04:42:32 am »
I wont be #$%*ed with!full stop!

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #15073 on: November 10, 2018, 05:58:41 am »
Good idea Cal except here if I did something like that I could get charged, it would be interfering with the snowplow driver's drivers fun.
Bill the demon.
If you place it where the Post Office requires, you can't be charged. It fully compliant with the law. There is no law that limits the materials or dimensions of what you construct, only the placement and position of things.

I'd be curious to see if a snow plow could damage it either. It would certainly dislodge it. But I doubt it would break it either. It totaled that minivan. Drove the RF 1/3 of the bumper beyond the front passenger seat. Dopey broad driving, could have killed someone  >:(
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15074 on: November 10, 2018, 03:51:13 pm »
Yeah, did you go to the cops Dave? Sure there are lots of things you could do to get them back, but if there are lots of them and only one of you, you're fcuked. Let the cops sort them out, and take the high ground. Cheers, Terry.