Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1285082 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #15800 on: July 22, 2019, 12:43:29 am »
Did hear many years ago of a chap who hit some form of large bovine creature out that way somewhere, he was riding one of Bavarias finest twin cylinders, he apparently came off less than second best..
And that must have pissed the BMW club off as it can't be easy attracting members with their reputation, eh Terry ?

Worse than the BSA Club Spotty? I've only been to a couple of meetings and one ride 28 years ago so I don't really have that much to do with them, but they didn't seem like a bad bunch, for the most part. I only pay my annual membership so I can keep my red plates for my old bikes, and one day I do intend to go on another ride with them, but that means I have to fire up my beautiful BMW K100RS SE, which I haven't done since I put it in storage 4 years ago.

It was a lovely bike to ride from memory, but having 15 bikes, many of them lovely, I just haven't gotten around to flushing the dead fuel out of the tank, charging the battery (which is still holding a charge, incredibly) and taking a closer look at an oil leak that may require a new oil/water pump seal kit. The clutch was slipping a tad too, so I hope there's room for adjustment, because if not, it's a huge job to replace the car-like clutch assembly. I've done it before, so not that worried, but it's on my "one day" list, which sort of pisses me off just a tiny bit....... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #15801 on: July 22, 2019, 04:35:34 am »
The thing with the BSA club is they've worked out that other members are the only ones that can tolerate the interminable droning on of other bsa 'enthusiasts' , so once you're in its very hard to get away
I"m looking forward to running giggling into the night when our bike club gets its sh1t together and sorts our red plate permit
i blame Terry

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #15802 on: July 22, 2019, 07:11:34 am »
 My k2 dragbike case is damaged so I went through the junk shelf and I carried the F2 motor to the lift but now since I'm unsure about oil drain holes I decided instead to use the K5 10,000 mile stuck cylinder engine that's sitting on the floor. I believe my F2 backcut trans will fit the K5 case, if not oh well.  Anyway the #$%*'s heavy and that pisses me off.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15803 on: July 23, 2019, 01:50:21 am »
My k2 dragbike case is damaged so I went through the junk shelf and I carried the F2 motor to the lift but now since I'm unsure about oil drain holes I decided instead to use the K5 10,000 mile stuck cylinder engine that's sitting on the floor. I believe my F2 backcut trans will fit the K5 case, if not oh well.  Anyway the #$%*'s heavy and that pisses me off.

I think it will fit Don, but you'll have to use all the F2's guts, including the output shaft, and so I'd check that it'll fit before I go any further? You can use your F2 bottom end with a K2 top end, I ran a K6 top end (cylinder block and head) in my F2 and there were no oil issues. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15804 on: July 23, 2019, 01:52:54 am »
The thing with the BSA club is they've worked out that other members are the only ones that can tolerate the interminable droning on of other bsa 'enthusiasts' , so once you're in its very hard to get away
I"m looking forward to running giggling into the night when our bike club gets its sh1t together and sorts our red plate permit

Yep, I think most clubs have their "problem children", just like the CFA ("We light 'em, then we fight them") SES, etc etc. The trouble is, once they're in the club, it's hard to get rid of them. They won't have that problem with me, being the sociopath that I am, they'll never even see me! ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15805 on: July 23, 2019, 03:49:33 am »
I forgot what I'm pissed off about, and that pisses me off........... ;D

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #15806 on: July 23, 2019, 04:14:18 am »

Yep, I think most clubs have their "problem children", just like the CFA ("We light 'em, then we fight them") SES, etc etc. The trouble is, once they're in the club, it's hard to get rid of them. They won't have that problem with me, being the sociopath that I am, they'll never even see me! ;D

Any time we go to visit our son we travel through the town of Crawfordsville Indiana and on the very south end of town is a motorcycle club in a run down building that calls itself "The Iron Order" and as you can guess it's an HD club. They obviously don't like Jap bikes because last summer I noticed an older Jap bike setting out front on its center stand, I haven't gotten close enough to see exactly what it is but it seems like maybe a vintage GS1000 or maybe KZ1000, it looks complete but in dire need of restoration just setting outside near the entrance to the building rotting away in the elements. This year though they took it a step further and now have the bike with its rims setting in concrete so it's not going anywhere anytime soon and it's clear they're making an anti Jap bike statement. It doesn't piss me off, it's their money, their bike so I actually find it amusing although it does bum me out a bit to see a bike with so much potential deliberately being neglected. Next time we go by there I'll see if I can stop and take a pic of it.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #15807 on: July 24, 2019, 07:13:04 pm »

I think it will fit Don, but you'll have to use all the F2's guts, including the output shaft, and so I'd check that it'll fit before I go any further? You can use your F2 bottom end with a K2 top end, I ran a K6 top end (cylinder block and head) in my F2 and there were no oil issues. ;D

I'm apparently full of sh  it.  I checked the case numbers and the K2 dragbike's case is an F1. Whodathunkit?  The K5 engine is also a K6 that I removed from a wreck that had sat 40 years. The cases cleaned up nicely (not easily) and the rotating assembly is nice with a hint of brown on the rods and shift drum. It was left in a barn with no carbs so mice lived in the ports. I bent my hydraulic press's frame trying to jack a piston out. The cylinder left an impression on the wood that was under it. A torch may get it done later.

In the meantime, I traded fixing a 500 (tank and carb clean) for a 76F reportedly with a 900 motor. It was once owned by the same guy that sold me a henry abe 900 kit. I dug it out of the garage and the sides of the motor are loose and the carbs and exhaust are off. It's likely junk too. I'll go back with a kicker and try it. The second PO took apart four Hondas, never put anything back together. And He's what pisses me off.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15808 on: July 24, 2019, 09:16:17 pm »
Fcuking suicidal wildlife pisses me off. For fcuks sake, if you want to kill yourself, thats fcuking fine, and I don't give a sh1t, go for it, but stop looking to me for help! A kangaroo wiped himself out on my hire car on Sunday, and a fcuking big stupid eagle flew into the windscreen of my little hyundai today.

The fcuking eagle was huge and at 130 Kph (80 MPH) I was sure it was gonna go straight thru the windscreen and once inside would probably decide that I wasn't its friend, but that little Hyundai is one tough little fcuker, that 50 pound bird just bounced off and over the top of the car, and apart from a dirty smudge, did no damage at all!

Well there may have been some other damage in my underpants, but less said about that, the better. The good news is the cars been returned, Thrifty are none the wiser, and I'm in the Virgin lounge availing myself of all the free food and booze I can, while I wait several hours for my direct flight home. Seriously, as much as I'm loving 80+ degree weather in the middle of winter, the suicidal Northern Territory wildlife pisses me off. ;D

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #15809 on: July 24, 2019, 10:28:09 pm »
i've tried darwin bitter in the infamous 'darwin stubbie' ( 2 litre beer bottle) and i'm telling you , you'd have to be suicidal to drink that sh1t

and that pisses me off cos there should be no such thing as bad beer ( not taking into account some of the stuff i make)
i blame Terry

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15810 on: July 24, 2019, 10:40:37 pm »
Yep I discovered many years ago that to make a Darwin stubby taste good you need to leave it for as many years as possible before drinking it. I left the one my brother bought me for 7 or 8 years and it tasted marginally better than a fresh one, so I've left all Darwin beer for the last 35 years, and I imagine it probably tastes fine now, but I'll leave it for a few more, just to make sure.

What does piss me off though, is that the heathens here have never heard of Ginger Joes? For fcuk sake, suicidal wildlife and no possibility of calming your nerves after a near death experience is almost more than a man can take. I've got a fridge full of GJ's at home, but home is too far away right now, and that pisses me off too. ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15811 on: July 24, 2019, 11:46:42 pm »
I looked at my ticket and realised that they'd put me in a centre economy seat! WTF! I hate centre economy seats! I upgraded to a business class window seat for 5 hours of blissful comfort. That doesn't piss me off at all..... ;D

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #15812 on: July 25, 2019, 03:30:56 am »
Ah well, you'll be home in four hours or so...

Couple of ginga Joe's to wash down the evenings pharmacopeia cornucopia
i blame Terry

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15813 on: July 25, 2019, 02:49:46 pm »
Friday morning, at work after only 3 hours sleep, woke up at 5, to be at work by 6, I haven't felt this hungover in years. Went across the road to the restaurant for Eggs Benedict, didn't really perk me up, looking forwards to a snooze in my comfy chair when I get home, once I've opened all my Ebay parcels....... ;D

Offline Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
« Reply #15814 on: July 26, 2019, 03:32:09 pm »
Every time the wife needs to use my hot rodded 85' GMC S-15 she breaks something. Last time it was the turn signal switch. This time it was the drivers side window lift. I actually had all of the parts that I needed to fix it on hand. Time for a beer or three. 8)
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans
1994 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000A9
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Offline strynboen

• Old Timer
    • http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=0t8njj90l0jib7musj4q7e8ut3&/topic,60973.0.html
« Reply #15815 on: July 27, 2019, 09:29:41 am »
this piss me off.
..adjusting my car...after the youngster have fun..ride it through a beton block...hilux never die...... but.they costs a lot of Money in spareparts
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 09:40:08 am by strynboen »
i kan not speak english/but trying!!
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=60973.0
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=144758.0
i hate all this v-w.... vords

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #15816 on: July 27, 2019, 09:35:09 am »
this pis me off...adjusting my car...after the youngster have fun..ride it through a beton block...hilux never die..they costs a lot of Money in spareparts

Reminds me of what a friend said his dad told him about using the family car as a youngster. He said " you can drive it as much as you want without any gas in it...............BUT IT DAMN WELL HAVE WATER AND OIL!"
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #15817 on: July 27, 2019, 11:38:14 am »
Went in my old (+125 years) barn today and what mess! 8-9 pigeons have moved in over the last two weeks. There is a cross rod, end end, in the roof peek for a bale hoist trolley. The damn birds have been roosting and there is a 3’ wide shi*t stripe from one end to the other. Looks like a carpet unrolled end to end. Got one with a powerful 0.20” pellet gun, but now any time I head in there they all take off. Any suggestions? It’s a hay barn, so the boards are too far apart to seal the place up. The plastic owl is covered too. I guess they sit on him and let go there too!

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #15818 on: July 27, 2019, 12:55:08 pm »
Rubber snakes placed around, surprised the owl didn't work.

Go inside with 2 people and if the birds take off then 1 person goes out. They can't count, then blast away.
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #15819 on: July 27, 2019, 08:25:09 pm »
I used to own a two story hotel.
There was a ledge about a foot wide, five or six feet down from the top of the facia.
It was just wall to wall pigons along that ledge, they drove me crazy.
Tried poison, tried shooting them when I could get away with it, tried strobe lights and dummy birds of prey.
They all did the job for awhile but the bastards always came back.

An old publican I knew gave me a box of plastic spike balls to try.
There where only enough balls to cover half the ledge but they did the trick.
Before I manged to track down another box one half of the ledge was pidgon city, the other half not so much as a feather. ;D

Come to think of it, ball is probably not the right description. 
They looked more like the tank traps made from railway line often seen in pictures on the beaches during the Normandy landings in WW2 with a few more spikes added.

Anyway they fixed the problem.

Cheers,
Brian
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 08:28:48 pm by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline Mr. Mike

• Hot Shot
« Reply #15820 on: July 27, 2019, 09:55:56 pm »
Alright...
I normally don’t get pissed off enough to post, but this one got me.

Three months ago, while in this painting the house interior craze, my wife chooses the dining room color...some kind of white. “I like the clean look” she says, but “not like a grade school cafeteria or hospital room” kind of white. “We’ll use eggshell on the walls and gloss white on the chair rail, window casings and sills”, Whatever...you pick, I paint right?
OK, great. Jobs been done, but yesterday morning I come home and there’s a paint can on the dining room table...uh oh...blood pressure uptick moment.
You see, my wife’s a terrible painter, I’m a fantastic procrastinator (but a good painter).

“Uhhhhh...you uh gonna be painting the dining room hun?” I ask. “Yep” she says.
Ohhhkaaay. I swore I wouldn’t help either do it, or touch it up...”it’s her thing...besides, I just painted the damn room three months ago!” Nope...not gonna.
She completed her job several hours later.

Well this morning I decided to inspect the “completed job” a bit more closely while she was upstairs doing her hair thing, and in my mind, give it a go or no go. She then caught me looking and asked if I would yep...”touch up the areas I missed”. Another blood pressure uptick moment. “Dayum” I said to myself...if I say no, it ain’t gonna start the day, nor end it good. If I do it, it’ll take as much time to “touch up” her work as it would if I just painted the dang room my self from the beginning with my qualified bitshing and moaning of course. Dry rollering, sloppy cut ins and removing the curtain hardware? No, painting around them! “Sh*t!”.  It was all I could do to keep my mouth shut and just do my best to fix it.
Oh well, got it done, went out and had a nice lunch. She can touch up the chair rail later I told her. Yeah, right.
2002 Electra Glide
1978 750K
1966 CL77 (sold)
2020 CB500X

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
    • old japanese parts and bikes
« Reply #15821 on: July 28, 2019, 01:44:31 pm »
Hey Mike,
been there , done that, uhmmm, should say still doing that. Wife wants to paint the living room Again. Which means I'll have to do it as it's only been 5 different colors in 17 years.The problem is she thinks she can paint, but she leaves bare spots and over paints the corners.... Like I really want to finish my bike and my garage instead (putting in walls w/ 7 inches insulation, pressure treated on floor, and 3/4 inch blueboard on the walls / ceilings  because of moisture problems and to add strength to the current 2x4 construction.

I don't have time for her projects. Now she wants a 2nd bathroom. I told her fine, no problem show me the money ($6,500) you have to do it to completion & I'll  get started on it. i AM NOT starting a project to let it sit for years....

michel
Laugh at least once a day.
Life  $ucks, then you die.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
God forces us to live with  non-believers to test our resolve.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15822 on: July 28, 2019, 03:37:40 pm »
I spent $40 on a tail light lens seal for my K2 and it's either shrunk, or it's just too small. For 40 bucks I could have bought 5 bottles of Ginger Joe. I know what I'd rather have, and that pisses me off...... ;D

Offline Mr. Mike

• Hot Shot
« Reply #15823 on: July 30, 2019, 09:44:35 pm »
Hey Mike,
been there , done that, uhmmm, should say still doing that. Wife wants to paint the living room Again. Which means I'll have to do it as it's only been 5 different colors in 17 years.The problem is she thinks she can paint, but she leaves bare spots and over paints the corners.... Like I really want to finish my bike and my garage instead (putting in walls w/ 7 inches insulation, pressure treated on floor, and 3/4 inch blueboard on the walls / ceilings  because of moisture problems and to add strength to the current 2x4 construction.

I don't have time for her projects. Now she wants a 2nd bathroom. I told her fine, no problem show me the money ($6,500) you have to do it to completion & I'll  get started on it. i AM NOT starting a project to let it sit for years....

michel

Yeah...
And yesterday we had a couch...er, sofa delivered. The two delivery apes removed the legs to get it through the door. I noticed today two of the four legs are on backwards. Can’t win man.
2002 Electra Glide
1978 750K
1966 CL77 (sold)
2020 CB500X

Offline Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
« Reply #15824 on: July 31, 2019, 10:58:27 pm »
I spent $40 on a tail light lens seal for my K2 and it's either shrunk, or it's just too small. For 40 bucks I could have bought 5 bottles of Ginger Joe. I know what I'd rather have, and that pisses me off...... ;D

Soak the seal in a 50/50 solution of alcohol and oil of wintergreen. It will swell back up in a couple of hours. I have used it on stock fork boots with great results as well as softening up carb boots, plus they smell nice. It doesn't hurt the rubber and the parts stay soft after the alcohol evaporates. I learned about it on the V4 Musclebike site.
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor