Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1285431 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #15825 on: August 01, 2019, 02:41:02 am »
Thanks mate, I first read about that stuff when guys here were re-softening their intake rubbers etc, but we don't got no wintergreen oil here, which pisses me off. I messaged the seller 3 days ago and got no response, so I've left him negative feedback, that should wake him up...... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
« Reply #15826 on: August 01, 2019, 08:25:04 am »
I get it from a veterinary supply place, they use it to rub down horses.
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans
1994 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000A9
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15827 on: August 02, 2019, 02:35:01 am »
Only 4 short weeks until Spring has sprung, and things start warming up! Yay! Of course, it won't really start getting comfortably warm until October, and that pisses me off, fcuk it.......... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #15828 on: August 02, 2019, 06:41:09 am »
INSURANCE COMPANIES (Canada).
My wife has a Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0 Turbo Sport. The windshield is cracked. Speedy, Apple and  other usual suspects are over $1000. I have a $500 deductible, so will be more than 1/2 my expense, plus the hassle of an “insurance claim”. They all said they would deal directly with my insurer, I just pay the difference.
This morning, I called Matt at Jewell Auto Glass in Peterborough (they have stores in Coburg and Oshawa too). $320+ TAX! How can this be?? He explained the majors are all linked to the insurance companies. He didn’t come out and say it, but clearly implied they don’t don’t get paid the full deductible, but earn a “fee” for every installation. Another huge, legal (?) insurance fraud, that we get stuck for! Shop around!

What a bunch of pr*cks!

Offline evanphi

• Apparently I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • Rhonda the Basket Case
« Reply #15829 on: August 02, 2019, 07:16:33 am »
Pays to shop around for insurance too. Also TELL your current company when you're close to renewal that you'll be shopping around, and that if there's any new offers you'd like to hear them.
--Evan

1975 CB750K "Rhonda"
Delkevic Stainless 4-1 Header, Cone Engineering 18" Quiet Core Reverse Cone, K&N Filter in Drilled Airbox
K5 Crankcase/Frame, K4 Head and Cylinders, K1 Carbs (42;120;1 Turn)

She's a mix-matched (former) basket case, but she's mine.

CB750 Shop Manual (all years), searchable text PDF
Calculating the correct input circumference for digital speedometers connected to the original speedometer drive

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
« Reply #15830 on: August 09, 2019, 09:54:05 am »
This is what pisses me off.
Bunch of baby booming hypocrites - #$%* your feelings #$%* do you need a puppy?
Don't #$%*ing try to kill people.  Especially motorcyclists
Especially when they are making a fair and honest overtake.

Absolutely sick of this #$%*.  The laws do not have a punishment in place to drive the message home to these idiots

Cars are Coffins

https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-motorcyclist-seriously-injured-truck-driver-charges-20190808-itxryqwrubg2jlce7cjfupxqee-story.html
75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
76/78 XS750 Oscar the Grouch
07 FJR1300; Lydia
05 YFZ450/470 Stroker (sold)
73 Norton Commando 850 Cafe
99 Roadstar Silverado (rebuild)
Certified Harley Davidson Tech

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15831 on: August 09, 2019, 04:49:53 pm »

Absolutely sick of this #$%*.  The laws do not have a punishment in place to drive the message home to these idiots

Cars are Coffins

https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-motorcyclist-seriously-injured-truck-driver-charges-20190808-itxryqwrubg2jlce7cjfupxqee-story.html

Hmmnnn, "baby boomers" are a problem mate? Really? Last week two "millennials" murdered 31 people at 2 different locations in the US, and seriously wounded another 50, but baby boomers are the problem? Yep, definitely some hypocrisy on display here, from the deep confines of the cow shed, methinks............ ;D

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15832 on: August 09, 2019, 11:29:03 pm »

Cars are Coffins

Hmmnnn, "baby boomers" are a problem mate? Really? Last week two "millennials" murdered 31 people at 2 different locations in the US, and seriously wounded another 50, but baby boomers are the problem? Yep, definitely some hypocrisy on display here, from the deep confines of the cow shed, methinks............ ;D

That's not a fair comparison.

I have yet to encounter an mci in my life.  I know people who have, been in communities effected.
Now thanks to mass hysteria, pretty sure there are some prejudiced wingnuts out there waiting for me to become that next poster boy.

However, ask any motorcyclist how often they encounter some idiot in their car or truck that makes these sorts of pot shot maneuvers.  Nearly everyone has one.  I can recall 3 that happened in a 2 hour period near houston.  And a neighbor that felt privvy to threaten me and my good times.  For overtaking in a passing lane with exceptional prudence.

We're still looking up to you to behave like adults.  But the #$%* people say gives us flashbacks to unhappy childhoods.  Quit it.  We're getting too old for this #$%*.
75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
07 FJR1300; Lydia

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15833 on: August 10, 2019, 12:46:25 am »

Cars are Coffins

I have yet to encounter an mci in my life.  I know people who have, been in communities effected.
Now thanks to mass hysteria, pretty sure there are some prejudiced wingnuts out there waiting for me to become that next poster boy.

However, ask any motorcyclist how often they encounter some idiot in their car or truck that makes these sorts of pot shot maneuvers.  Nearly everyone has one.  I can recall 3 that happened in a 2 hour period near houston.  And a neighbor that felt privvy to threaten me and my good times.  For overtaking in a passing lane with exceptional prudence.

We're still looking up to you to behave like adults.  But the #$%* people say gives us flashbacks to unhappy childhoods.  Quit it.  We're getting too old for this #$%*.

Sorry mate, but to single out one demographic to whine about just shows your immaturity. Bad/dangerous/murderous driving is not just the preserve of the baby boomers, I've seen sh1t driving by folks of all ages including what we call "Road Rage" incidents like the one in Houston today, where a young guy intentionally crashed into another car and shot the occupants. There are arseholes in all age groups. ;D   

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15834 on: August 10, 2019, 08:46:07 am »

Cars are Coffins

Sorry mate, but to single out one demographic to whine about just shows your immaturity. Bad/dangerous/murderous driving is not just the preserve of the baby boomers, I've seen sh1t driving by folks of all ages including what we call "Road Rage" incidents like the one in Houston today, where a young guy intentionally crashed into another car and shot the occupants. There are arseholes in all age groups. ;D

You're right.

Now that I've taken a nap I'll check my shoulder chip with the concierge.
75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
07 FJR1300; Lydia

Offline Mr. Mike

• Hot Shot
« Reply #15835 on: August 12, 2019, 08:24:10 pm »
I forgot what I'm pissed off about, and that pisses me off........... ;D

Dam Terry-

I was in no mood to laugh...till I read this ^^^^^^^^. Yer a real fixer man!
2002 Electra Glide
1978 750K
1966 CL77 (sold)
2020 CB500X

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15836 on: August 14, 2019, 01:07:13 am »
Thanks mate, I still can't remember what I was pissed off about, but that's what happens when you've taken so many shots to the head as I have over the years. Folks at work think I'm old and wise because I appear to pause and think about their questions before I answer them, when in fact I'm trying to remember who I am and why the hell I'm there in the first place!

Being as it's cold and miserable here in Melbourne I came up with a plausible excuse to spend a week in Darwin again next month, which will pretty much turn out to be an all expenses paid holiday, with the minimum of work from my end. The people I'm working for (in uniform) are fantastic, they've made all the arrangements, so airfares, swanky hotel, hire car etc are booked, and I'm being paid some pretty generous allowances. I was checking my itinerary though, and noticed that there were no seat allocations, even though I'd specifically asked for exit row window seats as I'm 6'4" tall, and don't want to spend 4(+) hours with my knees up around my head?

I emailed the nice lady who did the booking and she confirmed that she'd asked for, and paid extra for the seats I wanted, so I rang the travel agency, and after first attempting to "Fob me off", "Dan" admitted that someone (not "Dan") fcuked up and hadn't booked the special seats for me? For Fcuk's sake!  Why is it that just about every time you order something, book something, make arrangements for something, it nearly ALWAYS get's fcuked up???! And that pisses me off.......... ;D

Offline Zunspec

• Hot Shot
« Reply #15837 on: August 14, 2019, 07:11:25 am »
Hmmmm, not Honda but this sure pisses me off  >:(

Dang, and it was going so well  ;D

Cheers  Geoff
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 07:31:29 am by Zunspec »

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #15838 on: August 14, 2019, 07:49:22 am »
 Dang Geoff, it appears the tubing got overheated and lost it's temper or had a lot of stress on it. The top one is the most scary.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

Offline Zunspec

• Hot Shot
« Reply #15839 on: August 14, 2019, 01:09:19 pm »
Dang Geoff, it appears the tubing got overheated and lost it's temper or had a lot of stress on it. The top one is the most scary.

There have been a number of speculative theories put forward on the mechanical damage front, Don R.  I am with you on temper as the root cause.  If it can't be fixed that't going to really really piss me off  >:(

Cheers  Geoff

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15840 on: August 14, 2019, 02:35:07 pm »
Hmmmm, not Honda but this sure pisses me off  >:(

Dang, and it was going so well  ;D

Cheers  Geoff

Well that's interesting on two fronts, I wonder if that is the origin of the term "lost my temper, For example "it made me so angry my self discipline dissolved and I started swinging punches"? Interesting. Earlier this year I bought the remains of another Honda VTR1000 SP1 (RC51 in the US) that had been wrecked when it's owner collided with a kangaroo.

The owner survived but the bike didn't. The frame looked OK initially but on closer inspection it had some serious cracking thru the welds around the steering head area, very similar to yours. I bought a good RC51 frame from the US, and once I finish a couple of other bike projects I'll build it into a nice track bike. I wonder if your bike has taken a whack? My frame is still dead straight, just cracked in the same areas that yours is? An engineer told the previous owner that my frame is unrepairable due to the probability that there is even more cracking internally. ;D

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #15841 on: August 14, 2019, 08:53:48 pm »

There have been a number of speculative theories put forward on the mechanical damage front, Don R.  I am with you on temper as the root cause.  If it can't be fixed that't going to really really piss me off  >:(

Cheers  Geoff
Ouch!! Looks stress related to me? Is this the Seeley-Suzuki?
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Zunspec

• Hot Shot
« Reply #15842 on: August 15, 2019, 05:29:31 am »
Hi Scottly,

Yep, spotted the damage after the Donington meeting a couple of weeks ago.  Glad my rider finished the race and it did not totally let go half way down Craner Curves :-[

Cheers  Geoff

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #15843 on: August 15, 2019, 05:42:12 pm »
had a week off to play with the zzr and made some progress much to my surprise and delight until i got to the tank

opened the cap to see some disturbing levels of mud, goop and smeg in there but a lot of that washed away with a lot of rinsing, leaving me to think i was needing to give a good abrasive internal going over ( a kilo of wood screws is the recommended medium for the shaking of ) then a seal but......

i noticed a small dribble of rusty water coming from the underside and upon investigation ( with a wire brush on the electric drill) it turns out that the tank has decided that mr kawasaki didn't design enough holes into the initial design so it made some new ones of its own.
only one i've found for sale so far is $300 for an admittedly nice one but don't have the coin at the moment so its fixin' time, i reckon brazing but other opinions indicate soldering which i don't really trust having had an old xs250 tank soldered which just kept splitting as the solder really didn't have the gripping power that brazing would have done. i have brazed an old 750 tank before and had no further problems

so i thought i shall move onto cleaning up the plastics and....

every piece was either cracked or missing pieces, i did get a new ( very secondhand)  r/h side fairing which i knew needed some serious cracking looking at  but i just kept finding more, so attended to them all with the fibreglass mesh tape, superglue and araldite, then looked at all the other pieces which got the same treatment as well as one piece which had cracked away the whole hole so i meshed behind it and filled the space with 2 part epoxy filler and will have to sand smooth and redrill the hole
all the pieces will now need the outside surfaces sanding to smooth out all the cracked bits standing proud of the surface, then bogging and sanding, then sand the whole panel and repaint the whole lot of bodywork, which of course i can't do until i get a new tank or fix the old one. also i need to decide what colour to go for and having seen pics of a kwaka green one i may not be that enthusiastic about the idea any more. camo perhaps ? perhaps not a saleable should i decide to move it on

and all in all that has pissed me off as i was hoping that the bodywork was only going to be a minor stage, instead its looking like its going to be more hassle than the rest of the bike put together...bollocks

never mind, i shall learn some new things doing it all i suppose and in the meantime i'll get the motor, carbs, pipes, radiator etc back in this weekend hopefully and that'll make me feel better
i blame Terry

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15844 on: August 15, 2019, 07:03:29 pm »
Well done Spotty, I think the weather's suppossd to be nicer tomorrow too, so that should improve your mood. I'm going to get stuck into my Swamp Rat 750 as I've just joined the Z Owners FB page and the guys there are keen for me to get my Z1000 project underway, but I need to finish the 750 and move it on to the new owner.

I'm glad you've changed your mind about green paint, I think I saw the same bike that a guy has been trying to sell for over a year now, with no takers, because it looks sh1t. ;D

Offline Mr. Mike

• Hot Shot
« Reply #15845 on: August 16, 2019, 09:30:01 pm »
So the wife and I get through (for now) the interior house painting. Then new carpet. Great! Yeah except later that week we take a trip to one of the local beaches here. I get tar on my foot, my grand daughter gets tar on her flip flop. Those two things were discovered soon enough. The one thing we didn’t discover was a glob of tar the bottom of the beach towel tote bag...which my wife set onto the carpet when we got home. Two hours later when it was time to wash the towels, she picked up the bag and the tar stuck... to the bag and the carpet. AAARRRRG!
Now that did piss me off, but not her fault, just unfortunate.
2002 Electra Glide
1978 750K
1966 CL77 (sold)
2020 CB500X

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15846 on: August 17, 2019, 07:58:46 am »
2 lane freeways, ugh.  How's a feller supposed to get places when there is no express way!
These Washington drivers oughta listen to more Wagner.  No wonder Arizonans hate them.

75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
07 FJR1300; Lydia

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #15847 on: August 17, 2019, 11:49:10 pm »
Wednesday, I drive my new-to-me 2014 Chevy Sonic turbo, with less than 12,000 miles the 9 miles to Prescott Valley, and stop by my bank. Ten minutes later, I back out of the parking space, press the brake pedal to stop before shifting to drive, and the pedal is stiff as a rock!!??? I had to really push down on the pedal to stop, when it's always been extremely sensitive before. It's a lack of vacuum to the brake booster for some reason, even though it has an electric vacuum pump. It's happened a couple of times since then, thankfully always at very low speeds, but it's not very confidence inspiring. I've found some reports on the net of similar problems, but there is no recall, yet. >:(
Then today, my electric water heater pops it's circuit breaker; I reset it and it immediately pops again. FARK!!!! >:( >:( >:(   
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #15848 on: August 18, 2019, 01:00:04 am »
why don't they use engine vacuum?always been reliable forever?whats with a #$%*ing vacuum pump?whats its got a wild over lap cam?does the turbo cause positive pressure?that #$%* #$%*s me off!

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15849 on: August 18, 2019, 04:34:47 pm »
Ah, now I remember why I left this place.

There's three neighbors I need restraining orders against, and something special to back it up should they decide to violate.

Some people I swear.
75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
07 FJR1300; Lydia