Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1276723 times)

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #15950 on: September 12, 2019, 06:02:48 pm »
Get into it Scunn,

You know it won't piss you off when it's done, oh yer.........can you come over and sort mine out when you've finished.  ;D

Cheers,
Brian
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #15951 on: September 12, 2019, 06:27:59 pm »
+1 Scunny, when you finish yours and Brian's garage the "Tardis" needs one hell of a clean, I've been too busy for the last 18 years to tidy mine, so as you can imagine, it resembles Hiroshima after the bomb, just a lot more crowded?

Get that pinny on mate, and strap on some rubber gloves and a mask, you'll need it! Oh, and needless to say, stay away from the beer fridge until you've finished........ ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15952 on: September 12, 2019, 06:32:55 pm »
Ooh and I forgot, I wanna buy a cheap Harley Fatboy but I'm too chicken to pull the trigger? Sure I've already got 15 bikes, and sure, I don't have room for any more, and yes, I did say I was gonna thin the herd, but bloody hell, its a fatty, and the same year/color scheme as my Sporty! Damn my lack of a spine, it's hard being a jellyfish when there's a new project to be had! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #15953 on: September 12, 2019, 07:13:20 pm »
nope, you're not qualified to ride a fatboy anymore, they're called that for a reason
i blame Terry

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #15954 on: September 12, 2019, 07:40:39 pm »
Many years ago, the lovely Evelyn and my good self spent an afternoon looking through a Harley exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney.
We had only just brought our Roadking at the time.

As we where leaving Ev asked me if I would like something from the merchandise stand.
I thought that sounded like a good idea, so she ducked back in and came out with a cap.

As I adjusted the strap to try it on, I noticed that it had Fatboy printed on it.
So a little indignantly I pointed out to Ev that we didn't have a Fatboy, we had a Roadking.
She gave me that "your a dickhead" look that she does so well and said that they didn't have a Roadking cap.
And seeing as I was a "fat boy" on a Roadking the cap in my hand was the next best option.  :o

I've still got the cap. ;D

Cheers,
Brian
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 09:07:11 pm by bear »

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #15955 on: September 12, 2019, 07:53:51 pm »
saw a first model fatboy the other day in untouched original condition, you know the silver one with the cheeseburger rocker covers ( they had a thing yellow stripe running around the middle of them ) they are worth a small fortune nowadays as opposed to many a softail of that era which are not, even modern ones ( twin cams and stuff of that later era), a friend of mine is having trouble getting shot of one thats only got about 10K on it and he only wants about $14K or so, that is pissing him off

incidentally the wheels on early fatboys were made in australia and shipped to the US
i blame Terry

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #15956 on: September 12, 2019, 08:00:00 pm »
one thing thats not pissing me off is when i do stuff to the zzr the wiring is so simple and neat, everything has plugs and they're all different  so nothing can get plugged into the wrong bit, beats the hell out of rats nests of grimy old brittle wires with knackered male/female bullet connectors and crammed into a headlight bucket that was too smnall when they put the nice new neat loom into it at the factory 50 years ago
i blame Terry

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15957 on: September 12, 2019, 08:09:40 pm »
Yep all good points men, I rode a brand new fatty in '96 and immediately fell in lust, I know they're not wonderful to many, but believe it or not there are people out in the community that aren't as impressed with CB750's (and those other, lesser SOHC4's) as we are, so the fact that I'm a slut for anything with 2 wheels and an engine makes life very difficult at times, especially when I've got money in my pocket.

Not a huge amount of money though, so not sure if I could stretch to $14K Spotty, I might have to pick up a cheapie and bring it back to life as finances allow, although there maybe more bike moola coming my way, so I won't rule your mate's bike out completely, a minty one would obviously be a better buy in the long term...... ;D

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
    • old japanese parts and bikes
« Reply #15958 on: September 15, 2019, 05:39:25 am »
Someone got upset with my sign:
http://www185.pair.com/canukvt/odd/signs/landwhale.jpg

really, some people have no sense of humor.
michel
Laugh at least once a day.
Life  $ucks, then you die.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
God forces us to live with  non-believers to test our resolve.

Offline dhall57

• Old Timer
  • The 70's! SOHC4 Honda's & Marcia Brady of course.
« Reply #15959 on: September 15, 2019, 05:54:58 am »
My heating and cooling system in my home needs replacing. Now that will piss you off.
1970 CB750KO
1971 CB500KO-project bike
1973 CB350G- project bike
1974 CB750K4-project bike
1974 CB750K4
1976 CB750K6
1977 GL1000
1997 Harley Wideglide

Offline Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
« Reply #15960 on: September 15, 2019, 07:23:09 am »
Painting pisses me off. >:( Lately everything that I try to paint has some kind of issue. Like wrinkling, severe orange peel and or bugs and crap in the near perfect finish. Did I say painting pisses me off. 8)
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans
1994 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000A9
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15961 on: September 21, 2019, 05:12:23 pm »
Snooty Virgin Australia biatch at the check in counter this morning. Why is it that I have to argue with these twerps every time I check in? My travel clerk told me she'd booked an "Economy X" ticket for my return flight from Hobart, and of course when I check in the check in chick gives me a standard ticket?

I ask her to check again, and she rips up the first ticket and just about throws my Economy X ticket at me, and tries to say that it was somehow my fault, because I'd checked in on line? I told her that I hadn't checked in, and checking in was why I was standing in front of her, took my ticket and strolled away shaking my head.

Luckily I put my car keys in my pocket, because I'm not confident that I'll see my luggage any time soon...... ;D

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #15962 on: September 21, 2019, 05:31:30 pm »
weird size things piss me of,my wife bought a used York brand rowing machine for 25 bucks,looked good etc,got it home and I thought ill do the right thing and give it a clean up and lube the bearings and pulleys,well #$%*in hell one seat wheel had a crack in the plasic outer no big deal but as soon as my wife tried it out the others just fell apart,38mm with an 8mm bore I can find 30/35 with 7mm bore online?i had four smaller roller bearings ive press ganged into use for the time being but #$%*ing noisy action on the ramp channel,being sunday ill crack a beer and think about it for a while.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15963 on: September 21, 2019, 06:00:19 pm »
The fact that you bought a used rowing machine pisses me off Dave, I reckon I've driven past several hundred over the years dumped out the front of peoples houses? It's amazing also to see one thats worn out too, considering most exercise machines rarely ever get used after the first week? ;D

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #15964 on: September 21, 2019, 06:03:16 pm »
Snooty Virgin Australia biatch at the check in counter this morning. Why is it that I have to argue with these twerps every time I check in? My travel clerk told me she'd booked an "Economy X" ticket for my return flight from Hobart, and of course when I check in the check in chick gives me a standard ticket?

I ask her to check again, and she rips up the first ticket and just about throws my Economy X ticket at me, and tries to say that it was somehow my fault, because I'd checked in on line? I told her that I hadn't checked in, and checking in was why I was standing in front of her, took my ticket and strolled away shaking my head.

Luckily I put my car keys in my pocket, because I'm not confident that I'll see my luggage any time soon...... ;D

The end of a long week by the sounds of it Uncle Tez.
After reading this I can't get that old Hoodoo Gurus tune out of my head, "A thousand miles away".
I'm gunna be humming it all weekend now, that'll piss off the lovely Evelyn,  apparently I'm tone deaf.

Cheers,
Brian
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 06:44:58 pm by bear »

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #15965 on: September 21, 2019, 06:35:06 pm »
weird size things piss me of,my wife bought a used York brand rowing machine for 25 bucks,looked good etc,got it home and I thought ill do the right thing and give it a clean up and lube the bearings and pulleys,well #$%*in hell one seat wheel had a crack in the plasic outer no big deal but as soon as my wife tried it out the others just fell apart,38mm with an 8mm bore I can find 30/35 with 7mm bore online?i had four smaller roller bearings ive press ganged into use for the time being but #$%*ing noisy action on the ramp channel,being sunday ill crack a beer and think about it for a while.

Looks kinda like the replacement wheels I got on Amazon for my carry on suitcase. Search with that info.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15966 on: September 21, 2019, 06:47:10 pm »
Dave, skateboard wheels use those 608z bearings...the 608zz should last forever in a rowing machine
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
« Reply #15967 on: September 21, 2019, 07:00:14 pm »
It's always the same lameduck excuse when employers want to hand me those walking papers.

Tell me something I haven't heard before.

Something like "hey, we know you're having a tough time and we appreciate that it's taking a toll on you physically and emotionally, your suffering will not go unnoticed and we hope you can improve and grow with us."

Because "you're not productive enough and the cameras catch you sitting on the job a lot" is pretty basic #$%* bullsh!t"

Especially when I was seated for a hydraulic system flush and fill on that project.

I've also been known to lay down on the job too.  It's impressive how much work a technician can complete from those positions!
75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
76/78 XS750 Oscar the Grouch
07 FJR1300; Lydia
05 YFZ450/470 Stroker (sold)
73 Norton Commando 850 Cafe
99 Roadstar Silverado (rebuild)
Certified Harley Davidson Tech

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15968 on: September 21, 2019, 09:40:07 pm »

The end of a long week by the sounds of it Uncle Tez.
After reading this I can't get that old Hoodoo Gurus tune out of my head, "A thousand miles away".
I'm gunna be humming it all weekend now, that'll piss off the lovely Evelyn,  apparently I'm tone deaf.

Cheers,
Brian

Thanks Brian, yeah, I'm that knackered I had a bloke wanting me to come over and check out his old Harley he wants to sell me and I'm that knackered I haven't bothered to reply. Hopefully it'll still be there in a day or two. ;D

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #15969 on: September 21, 2019, 10:14:59 pm »
Those wheels look like roller blade wheels, but smaller OD? I bought a pair of skates at a thrift store once, just for the wheels; think I paid $2?
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

• Really Old Timer ...

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #15971 on: September 22, 2019, 12:00:59 am »
Dave, they are imperial sized wheels...  38mm is 1 1/2 inches and the 8mm is roughly 5/16 inch.
David
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #15972 on: September 22, 2019, 11:43:52 pm »
thanks fellas,yeah the bearing is easy its the completed assembly I need,ill look at roller blades etc,cheers.

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #15973 on: September 22, 2019, 11:54:02 pm »
Hey Dave, have you got a lathe?
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #15974 on: September 23, 2019, 12:52:20 am »
no lathe,im gonna go with 35mm 4 for 10 bucks delivered,those inline wheels are way too big @ 80mm.