Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1285559 times)

Offline vik351

• Enthusiast
  • Adelaide South Australia ...
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #16175 on: November 22, 2019, 02:40:16 pm »
It's rarely safer to stay in Adelaide, until Ivan Milat came along it was renowned as the crazy serial killer epicentre of Australia
Having said that, it's a hell of a great place for a party weekend

Was even better when we had a Grand Prix  :P :P :P

vik...  :'(

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #16176 on: November 22, 2019, 03:49:15 pm »
Ha ha, you're safe Vik, those parts aren't anywhere before Christmas, but that's Christmas THIS year, not next! ;D

Here's another "dickhead" story. The guy who's desperate to buy my Honda CB750 "Swamp Rat" was hassling me to finish it, so I started to think what I'd do with the $7500 he's gonna pay me for it. (about $5K USD) I saw a FB ad for a 2008 Harley 1200 Sportster, going cheap for $5K. (3500 USD) I need one more Harley as I'm gonna give one to each of my sons.

Anyway, as the bike was over on his side of town, I asked him to take a look at it, and if it was OK, buy it, and give me it, and the difference in cash. (I said I'd drop another 500 off the price of my bike for his running around) The Harley was a Japanese import, with only 18000 Km (12000 miles) but had a few minor issues (corrosion, flaking chrome) but was described as being in good condition, with all the necessary documents required to register it in Victoria.

Anyway, my mate fronts up, and the first problem is, it won't start. (dead battery) It's also a 1998 model, not a 2007 model, as advertised (completely different model, no EFI, no "Buell" heads, 50 BHP on a good day) and finally, the paperwork he says he has is in Weipa, in Queensland, but he'll "send it to us". They try to jump start it, but no bueno. My friend calls me and asks me what he should do, I tell him, "Thanks mate, walk away". 

Dickheads like that guy should be garotted. Seriously, that pissed me off. ;D   
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #16177 on: November 22, 2019, 06:33:49 pm »
ran when brand new?

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #16178 on: November 22, 2019, 06:50:52 pm »
It's rarely safer to stay in Adelaide, until Ivan Milat came along it was renowned as the crazy serial killer epicentre of Australia
Having said that, it's a hell of a great place for a party weekend

Was even better when we had a Grand Prix  :P :P :P

vik...  :'(

I've had some memorable tour's done there for the Clipsal over the years.
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline vik351

• Enthusiast
« Reply #16179 on: November 22, 2019, 06:56:03 pm »
"Dickheads like that guy should be garotted. Seriously, that pissed me off. ;D  "

Sounds like the cockhead in QLD  who had a Hondamatic 750 for sale , nice pics, rang him, had a chat , was about to do the deal (site unseen) and I saw the same ad from two years prior ( bike was a K  cheaper in the later ad) with the exact same pics ...

Rang it and WTF ???, he said so what, send me new pics ...!!! he hung up  :o :o :o

They are out there...!!!

vik...   

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #16180 on: November 23, 2019, 01:26:32 pm »
Family feuds and private funerals piss me off. Drove 2 and 1/2 hours to pay my respects to an uncle of mine that recently passed only to find out when I arrived that it's a private service and only family members allowed. Hmmm, my aunt passed a few years ago and neither her or my uncle had any children so just exactly what was the funeral homes definition of "family"? A second cousin of mine has been taking care of my uncle for some time now so I'm not sure where all this privacy is coming from and there has been a lot of feuding between my mom, aunts and uncle but it's been a feud my brothers and I have stayed out of and treat all our family members with respect regardless of how pissed our mom may be at them. Lucky I showed up at the same time an older brother of mine did because he was getting pissed in a hurry and I had to do my best to keep the situation calm...... then drive another 2 and 1/2 hours home.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline 72 yellow

• Expert
« Reply #16181 on: November 23, 2019, 02:03:01 pm »
Family feuds and private funerals piss me off. Drove 2 and 1/2 hours to pay my respects to an uncle of mine that recently passed only to find out when I arrived that it's a private service and only family members allowed. Hmmm, my aunt passed a few years ago and neither her or my uncle had any children so just exactly what was the funeral homes definition of "family"? A second cousin of mine has been taking care of my uncle for some time now so I'm not sure where all this privacy is coming from and there has been a lot of feuding between my mom, aunts and uncle but it's been a feud my brothers and I have stayed out of and treat all our family members with respect regardless of how pissed our mom may be at them. Lucky I showed up at the same time an older brother of mine did because he was getting pissed in a hurry and I had to do my best to keep the situation calm...... then drive another 2 and 1/2 hours home.
Funerals and the holidays seen to bring out the worst in people.   >:(

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16182 on: November 23, 2019, 03:35:34 pm »
Wow, fcuk that Scott, I would have just stayed home. I'm lucky I guess, I don't have any living relatives apart from my mum and my sisters, and we still talk to each other. Wait, my mum's cousin's son (does that make him my second cousin?) is my best friend, so no issues there either.

Some families are shocking though, I wrote a paragraph about a situation that happened within my wife's family, but it was so confusing I deleted it. Needless to say, it was all about family members ripping off other family members. Didn't Marvin Gaye's father shoot him dead with the gun Marvin bought him for Christmas, on April Fools Day? ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #16183 on: November 23, 2019, 11:11:30 pm »
Wow, fcuk that Scott, I would have just stayed home. I'm lucky I guess, I don't have any living relatives apart from my mum and my sisters, and we still talk to each other. Wait, my mum's cousin's son (does that make him my second cousin?) is my best friend, so no issues there either.

Some families are shocking though, I wrote a paragraph about a situation that happened within my wife's family, but it was so confusing I deleted it. Needless to say, it was all about family members ripping off other family members. Didn't Marvin Gaye's father shoot him dead with the gun Marvin bought him for Christmas, on April Fools Day? ;D

I kind of thought something was up from the get go because my uncles obituary from the funeral had been removed from the funeral homes website although all other obits said the funeral was going to be there at that time. The second cousin who has been taking care of my uncle apparently wanted to keep his passing a secret from other family members, the only reason we found out about it was from another cousin. I got there early but noticed hardly any cars in the parking lot and that sent up another red flag that sumtin wasn't right, then moments after we got there my brother and his wife show up  so we walked in together. The funeral director we met inside asked how she could help so we told her we were there to see our uncle and that's when she backed off a bit and said we needed to talk to one of the other funeral directors, when he arrived that's when we got the news about the private service and family members only which didn't include us. The plot got even thicker because it turns out the entire visitation was in limbo anyhow due to a "family" meeting over finances to pay for the funeral. So we asked if we could at least see his casket to say our emotional good bye's, nope couldn't do that either. Although his body was there it was in the basement on ice so to speak and being there seems to be an issue with finances they hadn't even dressed him yet. The thought of seeing our 93 year old uncle buck naked was not what any of us had planned for so we left. Being there seems to be an issue with finances probably explains why his obit had been removed the the funeral homes website and I should've called to confirm things when I noticed. The entire situation is a mess but considering how immature my mom and her family have been towards each other over the years, it's not surprising.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 11:13:42 pm by Bailgang »
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16184 on: November 23, 2019, 11:50:50 pm »
Wow, that is awful mate, I feel sorry for you and your uncle, it seems you were both disrespected. I imagine there there was probably a little money in dispute, and your second cousin was making sure it went to him. I loved my mother's father, but he was a silly old bugger, and he re-married a week before he had a massive heart attack and dropped dead.

His new wife had him change his will so that my mum (his only remaining daughter) was no longer executive, one of my cousins (that I have nothing to do with) was, and the old mole who grandad married had grandads house for the rest of her life. Grandad had died because he was running around painting and re-carpeting the house for the old cow with diabetes and high blood pressure, so she pretty much killed him.

My stupid fcuking cousin was saying what a lovely old thing she was, but then we found out she'd married 3 other old timers in the previous 4 years, and they'd all died, the longest any of her husband's had lasted was 13 months, she'd basically worked them all to death, then had stayed in their houses until the families bought her off. My mum marched around there, knocked on the door, said "How much to fcuk off?" and she replied, $5000. Mum cut her a check, and she took her bags and pissed off, and married another poor old bugger a few months later. She lived another 12 years and God knows how many husbands, but they probably buried her upside down so she couldn't dig her way out.....

Just another example of how you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family........ ;D 

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #16185 on: November 24, 2019, 01:41:19 am »
bloody hell Terry,sounds like a poisoner?

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16186 on: November 24, 2019, 02:04:51 am »

I wouldn't put it past her Dave, but she preyed on stupid old buggers on their last legs that she'd meet at the local "Senior Citizens" club. The worse they looked, the more interested she was. Poor old Grandad probably would have lived another 15-20 years if he could think past his wrinkled old schlonger........ ;D

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #16187 on: November 24, 2019, 02:32:58 am »
Did they bury her in a Y shaped coffin ?
i blame Terry

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #16188 on: November 24, 2019, 03:36:36 am »
id be hammering a wooden stake through her heart,be sure the vampire is dead,oh by the way Terry I heard back from the casting manager about that new movie but they are sorry they cant use real zombies in a zombie movie something about WHS issues?

Offline vik351

• Enthusiast
« Reply #16189 on: November 24, 2019, 03:38:32 am »

I wouldn't put it past her Dave, but she preyed on stupid old buggers on their last legs that she'd meet at the local "Senior Citizens" club. The worse they looked, the more interested she was. Poor old Grandad probably would have lived another 15-20 years if he could think past his wrinkled old schlonger........ ;D

But like they say, when it's hard down there , there aint no blood left for up there...!!!

Or like my old man used to say...an old saying from the old country...

One \l/ is stronger than 10 horses ...!!!

vik... ::) ::) ::)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16190 on: November 24, 2019, 03:11:22 pm »
Yep, it really was an issue on Mum's side of the family, her cousin was a lovely old guy, but when his wife died he was chasing old sheilas right up until he died, and his son, my second (?) cousin is just as bad, his first wife was cheating all over town and treating him like sh1t, but he was absolutely infatuated with her, and almost suicidal when she dumped him, whereas I would have been doing the happy dance.

He took up with an ugly POS with a kid who couldn't stand him, even though my cuz spent thousands of dollars on the little pr1ck paying for his accommodation and school fees, and when she finally took him to the cleaners for around $100K when they split up, he just paid up and moved on, when I would have necked the b1tch. Now he's hooked up with another bush p1g who's got a reputation for ripping blokes off. I love him like a brother, but I can't understand the logic, he's a really smart guy and probably the best mechanic I know, but his kryptonite is the \l/ (thanks Vik) and he's helpless when some old tart points one at him.......... ;D

Offline Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
« Reply #16191 on: November 26, 2019, 03:12:05 pm »
I did some work on one of my best friends bike and in return he is paying for the custom upholstery on the seat of my 74' 550K. He took the seat to the upholstery shop but somehow lost the bag with all 5 of the rubber mounting bumpers. That pisses me off. >:(
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans
1994 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000A9
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #16192 on: November 27, 2019, 03:58:38 am »
your best dumbest friend?or your dumbest best friend?

Offline Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
« Reply #16193 on: November 27, 2019, 06:24:26 am »
your best dumbest friend?or your dumbest best friend?
Actually he is really smart, it's just that he is a real estate agent and is always in a hurry. When we work on bikes he gets ahead of himself and has to back track but he is getting better. I make sure that I give him crap about it every time. 8)
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans
1994 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000A9
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #16194 on: December 01, 2019, 10:10:14 pm »
 Guys that post a pic of an old bike for sale, obviously sitting outside and the spark plugs are out or air filters are off. What the hell is wrong with people? 
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #16195 on: December 01, 2019, 10:57:16 pm »
some dick heads think the worse a bike is and harder to restore the more its worth I think?

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #16196 on: December 01, 2019, 11:12:54 pm »
I'm taking tomorrow off work and while normally that would be a cause for celebration, it's not, tomorrow I have to take the coolest cat in the world to the vet for the last time
He's got total kidney failure, he might last another day or two but he's confused, falling over, disoriented and scared, he's had his go
I love this cat more than most people I know and this is one of the hardest things I've ever had and to do
When we got him as a rescue foster he chose me by walking across my face and going to sleep on my head, he chose me that night and never let me go, now I have to let him go
I'm fcuking crying my eyes out writing this down and I don't know what to do. How do you say to your best friend " hang in there one more night mate and I'll kill you tomorrow " ?
I don't want to do it or think about it but it's time to be a grown up for once

Sweet dreams little Otto, we'll catch up down the road aways

Sorry for putting all this out there, I'll be back to normal in a few days maybe
i blame Terry

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #16197 on: December 01, 2019, 11:39:21 pm »
 I've been there Spotty, we put down our orange tabby last year, he had mouth cancer. Then a couple months later our dog went down due to renal failure caused by bad dog food. Our Vet couldn't even look at me without tearing up. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hang in and do what's best for your fur buddy. 
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #16198 on: December 01, 2019, 11:46:46 pm »
Cheers, I shall probably come home and take the two dumbarse dogs for a long walk through the forest and think myself lucky to still have them as well as gnocchi the black cat ( and Otto's sister who looks upon me as a source of food )
Still need to work out where to bury him and what sort of tree he gets ( are there any white fluffy trees ?)
i blame Terry

Offline CBJoe

• Master
Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #16199 on: December 02, 2019, 12:51:41 am »
I’m right there with you spotty...my 19yo tortie is walking a thin line right now and decisions are coming...always hard

Wife is in the same boat with another 19yo girl she hand raised...these are the last of the kitties that were with us before we got married

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 12:54:30 am by CBJoe »
'07 Bonneville Black
'15 Moto Guzzi California 1400
CB750K2 Hot Rod Revival http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,171693.0.html
'65 CB77
'66 CM91 (C90'ish)