Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1289091 times)

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #17350 on: October 26, 2020, 12:52:20 pm »
The danged ole rona pisses me off. first the world goes to #$%* now i teat positive. Not feeling horrible but not good either. Very flu like for me. alot better than other i known that have had it. My sub teacher from HS is cousins to a lady a personal train and hes having a rough road with it.
So really damned chinese bioengineering pisses me off.
slow Progress 74 cb550.

Poor boy chop 73 CB500 chop

Future project 77 Cb750 Amen Savior

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #17351 on: October 26, 2020, 01:00:49 pm »
The danged ole rona pisses me off. first the world goes to #$%* now i teat positive. Not feeling horrible but not good either. Very flu like for me. alot better than other i known that have had it. My sub teacher from HS is cousins to a lady a personal train and hes having a rough road with it.
So really damned chinese bioengineering pisses me off.

I wish you well,keep fighting and eat/sleep your best.
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #17352 on: October 26, 2020, 01:28:20 pm »
Keep up with your vitamin D and C while you have it. Speedy recovery Gurp. Was reading where they were finding people with O blood type don't have it as severely or end up on a respirator as much as other blood types.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 02:29:01 pm by RAF122S »
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
« Reply #17353 on: October 26, 2020, 01:49:20 pm »
Good thing for the old lady she is o positive I believe. Definitely getting lots of rest nothing else to do while it's cold and I can't go out to get the things I need to finish my projects LOL

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

slow Progress 74 cb550.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #17354 on: October 26, 2020, 03:48:12 pm »
All the best mate, an old work friend of mine caught in hospital back in March when he was gaving chemo for lung cancer (which is ironic as he’d never smoked) and almost died. He went in on a Friday after collapsing at home in the shower, and the doctors treating him advised his wife that he was unlikely to make it through the weekend, but somehow he pulled through.

He’s still doing it hard though, his lungs were badly damaged (apart from the cancer) and he has to tow an oxygen bottle wherever he goes. We’ve just had our second day of 0 new cases and 0 deaths, so the lockdown restrictions are slowly being removed, I still can’t take a long ride in the country for another 2 weeks, but at least I can go buy some tyres for my F2 without having to dodge the cops. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #17355 on: October 26, 2020, 05:51:20 pm »
 I stopped to say hello to an old friend, who is a new neighbor of my daughters family in the country. I thought it would be best if they had a connection. I found myself in an indoor fish fry with 50 people and not a mask in sight. I said my hello's and got my ask out of there. Dang.
 The part that pisses me off is I really like fish and would have loved to stay.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17356 on: October 26, 2020, 07:13:35 pm »
I stopped to say hello to an old friend, who is a new neighbor of my daughters family in the country. I thought it would be best if they had a connection. I found myself in an indoor fish fry with 50 people and not a mask in sight. I said my hello's and got my ask out of there. Dang.

Yeah Don, stupidity seems to be as prolific as the virus on your side of the pond, I don't know whether people have just given up, but the numbers of new cases and daily death toll is staggering. Keep safe, and wear a mask, it's folks our vintage who are most likely not to survive.
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17357 on: October 26, 2020, 07:22:08 pm »
The new Dyna 2000 ignition for my Kawasaki 1428 arrived yesterday, I'm gonna install the GPZ1100 engine first while I work on some external oiling and better  crankcase ventilation after my new drag racing guru gave me some pointers a couple of weeks ago. Anyhoo, I did some drunken valve clearance adjustments ("Under Bucket Shims") and woke up in the middle of the night with the realisation that instead of installing thicker shims to reduce some pretty big clearances on the exhaust cam (the inlet cam side were all within spec) I installed THINNER shims!

Fark! Oh well, I'll re-do them tonight, and get my two musclebound sons to give me a hand to install the big lump back into the frame so I've got a little space on my crowded bench to assemble my K0 engine. Not really pissed off, just need to remember to keep the ginger beer capped until after doing anything requiring more than 2 brain cells......... ;D

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
« Reply #17358 on: October 27, 2020, 11:26:15 am »

Yeah Don, stupidity seems to be as prolific as the virus on your side of the pond, I don't know whether people have just given up, but the numbers of new cases and daily death toll is staggering. Keep safe, and wear a mask, it's folks our vintage who are most likely not to survive.

Wow, Terry. def a ballz exp for your buddy. terrible irony really.
Luckily at my health and age I'll be on the mend in no time.
slow Progress 74 cb550.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17359 on: October 27, 2020, 08:28:47 pm »

Wow, Terry. def a ballz exp for your buddy. terrible irony really.
Luckily at my health and age I'll be on the mend in no time.

All the best mate, and don’t believe the bullsh1t some folks are saying that once you have it you’re immune, the reinfection rate around the world is around 30%, so until an actual vaccine is available, it’s gonna be scary.

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #17360 on: October 28, 2020, 02:36:03 am »
Just like the flu, your immunity is decaying at a good clip after you have had it, unless you are a hospital worker and your exposure is steady and you've developed antibodies that keep working...
David- back in the desert SW!

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17361 on: October 28, 2020, 03:19:37 am »
Just like the flu, your immunity is decaying at a good clip after you have had it, unless you are a hospital worker and your exposure is steady and you've developed antibodies that keep working...

Yep, an estimated 20% of Corona Virus cases are actually hospital workers, which is tragic. I've seen some US politicians compare the common flu, where some times as many as 30,000 Americans die every year, to the Corona Virus, where 230,000 Americans have died so far in 7 or 8 months with as many as 400,000 expected to be dead by years end. This dishonestly downplays the severity of this pandemic, which pisses me off.

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17362 on: October 28, 2020, 08:46:55 am »

Yep, an estimated 20% of Corona Virus cases are actually hospital workers, which is tragic. I've seen some US politicians compare the common flu, where some times as many as 30,000 Americans die every year, to the Corona Virus, where 230,000 Americans have died so far in 7 or 8 months with as many as 400,000 expected to be dead by years end. This dishonestly downplays the severity of this pandemic, which pisses me off.

Terry,Let's just hope more of us Americans start to value Human Life a good bit more here and begin to adopt and follow the guidelines  ::)

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17363 on: November 01, 2020, 08:55:47 pm »
 My son in law's parent's got it, they're hanging in so far. He (son in law) was helping his Dad get back to the rehab center where he caught it when his Dad coughed in his face. The mask worked, a week later he got a negative test.
  People my age that don't stay busy are freaking me out. They're stuck in chairs and can't take care of their homes any more. We used to build buildings not be confined to them.
  I was having a blast today climbing in and out of the empty engine bay of my car, welding motor mounts, getting my own tools, etc. I think we are on track staying in the shop working on and riding old motorcycles.

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17364 on: November 01, 2020, 09:37:15 pm »
My son in law's parent's got it, they're hanging in so far. He (son in law) was helping his Dad get back to the rehab center where he caught it when his Dad coughed in his face. The mask worked, a week later he got a negative test.
  People my age that don't stay busy are freaking me out. They're stuck in chairs and can't take care of their homes any more. We used to build buildings not be confined to them.
  I was having a blast today climbing in and out of the empty engine bay of my car, welding motor mounts, getting my own tools, etc. I think we are on track staying in the shop working on and riding old motorcycles.

Certainly so Don !

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17365 on: November 02, 2020, 01:06:15 am »
Yep, I agree, if anything I am doing more bike stuff now than I was 10 years ago, so maybe 60 is the new 50, for me at least? Or maybe I've got something in the back of my mind telling me to get my arse into gear and get these projects done, because time is running out? I'm not feeling sorry for myself, I'm just thinking that I need to get some bikes built so I can get some use out of them before I'm too old to tide them?

Then again, an 80 year old was killed on his sports bike a couple of weeks ago, overcooked it in a fast corner and plowed into a tree, and while most of the guys who saw it on FB agreed that there were far worse ways of going out, one female posed the stupid question, "What was an 80 year old doing a motorcycle anyway?" She was roundly shouted down, and so she should, how would she have him spend his twilight years, sitting in his rocking chair waiting to die? Fcuk that, I'd rather go out with a bang doing something I love, than just f.f.f.fade away.......... ;D

Offline Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
« Reply #17366 on: November 02, 2020, 06:21:03 am »
Yep, I agree, if anything I am doing more bike stuff now than I was 10 years ago, so maybe 60 is the new 50, for me at least? Or maybe I've got something in the back of my mind telling me to get my arse into gear and get these projects done, because time is running out? I'm not feeling sorry for myself, I'm just thinking that I need to get some bikes built so I can get some use out of them before I'm too old to tide them?

Then again, an 80 year old was killed on his sports bike a couple of weeks ago, overcooked it in a fast corner and plowed into a tree, and while most of the guys who saw it on FB agreed that there were far worse ways of going out, one female posed the stupid question, "What was an 80 year old doing a motorcycle anyway?" She was roundly shouted down, and so she should, how would she have him spend his twilight years, sitting in his rocking chair waiting to die? Fcuk that, I'd rather go out with a bang doing something I love, than just f.f.f.fade away.......... ;D

I'm 61 now and I have brought 7 bikes back from the dead and got 5 more back into riding condition since 2017. I don't understand how people can just sit there watching life go by and do nothing but stare at a screen. If I live another 20 years I hope I can still ride and if I can't I'm getting a CanAm three wheeler to terrorize the roads with. 8)
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans
1994 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000A9
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17367 on: November 02, 2020, 02:03:55 pm »

I'm 61 now and I have brought 7 bikes back from the dead and got 5 more back into riding condition since 2017. I don't understand how people can just sit there watching life go by and do nothing but stare at a screen. If I live another 20 years I hope I can still ride and if I can't I'm getting a CanAm three wheeler to terrorize the roads with. 8)

;D ;D ;D ;) :) :)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17368 on: November 02, 2020, 03:08:45 pm »

Sounds like a plan mate, personally, I want one of CycleX's CB750 trikes. I like the low chopper look, maybe I should order one now, just in case they've all gone by the time I'm old enough to need 3 wheels. I suppose it's life's great cycle (no pun intended) I started my passion riding a 3 tricycle when I was 2 or 3, and I'll be riding a trike again when I'm (hopefully) 82 or 83...... ;D

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #17369 on: November 02, 2020, 04:21:25 pm »
Don..... I think you’ve got this figured out! Keep working, riding and racing! I didn’t ride as much as usual this year, but spent plenty of time in the shop, and ran 8 X 8 hour endurance races in the MR2. I’m 10 years older (67) than the next youngest team member, but still managed to set FTD at 6/8 events. Unlike many of my buddies, I can still see my feet. Keep at it!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 04:24:27 pm by BenelliSEI »

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17370 on: November 02, 2020, 07:15:46 pm »
 I had a sore knee and spent a winter in my chair hoping for it to get better. My buddy landed a funny car repair job and since  I owned the tools, we teamed up. After a couple weeks in the shop I was moving a lot better and could see an improvement. I never did need to get that knee fixed.  My gym closed and I was going to join another one until the virus started up. I'm lifting at home now. Light weights, lots of reps.
 With the help of a friend I missed the measurement on my car's motor mounts and may need to cut and weld them again. That really pisses me off. I knew the correct thing to do but let myself get talked out of it.

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
« Reply #17371 on: November 03, 2020, 07:37:08 pm »
At 30 years of age you fellows give me much hope for the future.
You guys are enjoying life doing what you love.
Week off work def cost me most than a weeks lost wage and that pisses me off.
At least I'm not sick anymore and go back to work tomorrow.

slow Progress 74 cb550.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17372 on: November 03, 2020, 08:29:16 pm »
Good job mate, glad you’re ok!

So I decided to have my old Ford Explorer towed away rather than spend twice as much as I paid for the car 5 years ago on a reconditioned tranny. I rang a mob to take it away and they told me they’d pay me $350 (AUD, around $250 USD) for it. Well that was a bonus considering that I expected nothing, and I had my oldest boy (who had been driving it for the last few years and killed it) to load a pile of spare wheels and other junk into it, so that was a bonus to get rid of that sh1t.

I still feel like Judas though, I couldn’t watch it being towed away as it’s been absolutely trouble free for the 100,000 miles that my son drove it (without wasting his money on servicing the transmission) but I put the 350 towards a new Delkevic exhaust for my K0 project, so while I’m sending one vehicle off to die, lonely in a foul smelling junkyard, I’m bringing a CB750 to life, so I shouldn’t feel guilty, but I still do, and that pisses me off..... ;D

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17373 on: November 03, 2020, 09:23:49 pm »
 I hear you Terry, sometimes it's like letting go of a pet. Especially if it's been loyal and relatively trouble free.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17374 on: November 03, 2020, 09:29:56 pm »
 My brothers water heater was out. It's one of the newer explosion proof models. Has a fuse link on the thermocouple, we removed it and put a regular on it because that's all we had. Won't light. I finally installed the burner outside the heater, pilot has gas, piezo lighter has spark, the spark won't light the gas. I can light it with a torch. Ran it a minute and it finally restarted. I put it in, no dice. Repeated the above, moved the spark rod into the flame area. No light. lit it manually and it has a pilot. Finally got it working, put it together. Won't light. I lit it with a torch. now it's working fine. I told him don't spill gas in the basement.