Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1386308 times)

Offline cb650

• Old Timer
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #7975 on: June 05, 2015, 03:12:09 am »
Jack a$$es on this site who have nothing productive to say but a smart a$$ed comment to someone ligament question.
Anything to boost the post count.   I feel so much better by adding 1 to mine.
18 grand and 18 miles dont make you a biker

Offline Trevor from Warragul

• Expert
« Reply #7976 on: June 05, 2015, 03:14:00 am »
someone ligament question

Don't you mean "illegitimate" question?    ;)
1971 Kawasaki H1A
1972 Honda CB350F
1976 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport
1978 Honda CBX
1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200
1999 Ducati Monster 750

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #7977 on: June 05, 2015, 03:48:44 am »
Thanks guys it was the octopus I was referring to, interesting.
Bill the demon.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #7978 on: June 05, 2015, 04:05:27 am »

The other side of the coin is that arsonists kill people , too.

Yeah mate you're right, but in the case of the flaming toilet roll launchers, they weren't set on arson, they were just drunk dikkheads trying to light up the night, and drop a few in the police compound for some fun. If they were genuine arsonists (and not just arseing around) they'd deserve a good killing, for sure. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7979 on: June 05, 2015, 04:19:24 am »
Fcuking American businesses that won't ship to Oz piss me off. My magnificent twin engined bicycle needs a new back wheel, it's massive power has managed to buckle the rear wheel while I was scraping the pedals around some fast sweepers at warp mach 3.

I decided to install a steel rimmed wheel with heavy duty spokes, because when I build another jackshaft assembly so that I can use the 21 gears (and break the fcuking speed of light in the process) I don't want the fcuking wheel collapsing. After wasting a day trying to find one in Oz, I discovered a beauty in the US, so I emailed the joint and the lousy krunts get back to me with a "sorry, we don't ship internationally"........... Fcuking poofters, how fcuking hard is it to address the box to Oz, and not the US? Poofters in the US who won't send me shidt piss me off.................... ;D

Oh, and my booze cabinet is too full, which pisses me off......... not! ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #7980 on: June 05, 2015, 04:35:37 am »
Bill the demon.
They are a bloody amazing creature Bill.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #7981 on: June 05, 2015, 04:41:00 am »
Bill the demon.
They are a bloody amazing creature Bill.

They sure are, Me and a mate were fishing in Botany Bay and stopped the boat near a small island in the bay, we were looking around in the shallows when I picked up an old coke can, out popped a lit up Blue ring leg, my mate had a salt water tank so we took it home. Dave lived in a bay just around the corner, we dug up some soldier crabs and put them in the tank with the blue ring, it would roll out a leg and touch the crabs and they would die instantly and float to the top, good entertainment for a couple of bored 20 somethings  ;D, after getting bored with that we put a sheet of glass over the tank with 2 bricks on it, had some dinner and went to bed, woke up in the morning and everything was as we left it apart from the bloody octopus, somehow the sneaky bastard had got out... :o  To this day we have no idea how he managed to do it and we never saw him again... ;D Sneaky octopuses piss me off.... :o
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 04:48:04 am by Retro Rocket »
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #7982 on: June 05, 2015, 04:47:17 am »
Fcuking American businesses that won't ship to Oz piss me off. My magnificent twin engined bicycle needs a new back wheel, it's massive power has managed to buckle the rear wheel while I was scraping the pedals around some fast sweepers at warp mach 3.

I decided to install a steel rimmed wheel with heavy duty spokes, because when I build another jackshaft assembly so that I can use the 21 gears (and break the fcuking speed of light in the process) I don't want the fcuking wheel collapsing. After wasting a day trying to find one in Oz, I discovered a beauty in the US, so I emailed the joint and the lousy krunts get back to me with a "sorry, we don't ship internationally"........... Fcuking poofters, how fcuking hard is it to address the box to Oz, and not the US? Poofters in the US who won't send me shidt piss me off.................... ;D

What's that JD and Honey like mate because I don't think that I've ever tried it.
I've given the ol' JD a bit of a nudge once before which got me into a whole lot of strife.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7983 on: June 05, 2015, 05:03:54 am »
Ha ha, my first experience with JD was during the great NSW beer strike of 1980, (or was it 1981? Fcuked if I remember, I was too hammered........) anyway, all the good beer had gone and all that was left was Resch's and Boags (before it became a boutique beer, it was sold in supermarkets in cheap ally cans with a "black and gold" chequered motif and tasted like Camel spit) which didn't appeal.

I'd been invited to a mate's 21st birthday party, so I bought a 40 oz bottle of JD and a can of coke (I spent all my money on the JD) and drove all my army jerk mates out to Hornsby in the ol' XR Falcoon.

I drank the whole bottle in an hour or two, and I don't remember much about the drive back to Dundas, but I went to bed in the wee hours of Saturday morning, and woke up just in time for dinner............. On Sunday.  :o I went out and checked the t-rusty Falcoon, there was no new dents or blood on it, (and apart from it being full of water as we'd left the windows open all weekend) so it was all good.

The Honey stuff tastes great over ice Mick, and would be beaut for sipping if you had a sore throat, but it tastes like schidt with coke. My missus bought it by mistake, but I didn't have the heart to tell her that she'd fcuked up, she was doing her best.......... ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #7984 on: June 05, 2015, 05:53:01 am »
Fcuk, I wished I could've been there too.
But I think at that time, I might have been in custody.
Protective Custody.

Once the coppers got to know who the regular customers were, we'd get a ham sandwich from the ol' Sarg for breakfast and a ride back home in the cop car at 6 o'clock in the morning before the missus woke up.

The trick was, not to piss in the ol' Sarg's pocket at the checkout desk first thing in the morning and he'd turn a blind eye to the previous nights shenanigans.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7985 on: June 05, 2015, 06:04:29 am »
Ha ha, yeah, those were the days Mick, I was only locked up once which was a good thing as I'd have lost my security clearance if I made a habit of it, and to be fair, the cops and Army Jerks always got on pretty good, apart from when I belted the cops dog, (I like dogs, but it was fair enough, he was trying to chew my beautiful face off at the time) hence my being taken back to the Erskineville cop shop for some free accommodation.

Oh well, none of that stuff hurt me in the long term, and my kids love it when I occasionally tell them a story from my legendary past........... ;D 

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #7986 on: June 05, 2015, 06:13:27 am »
You know, every time I think about the cop dog story mate, I laugh me guts out.
That was as funny as fcuk and it still is.  ;D  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #7987 on: June 05, 2015, 06:55:42 am »
Yeah Terry but it's when your buddies show up and tell the kids about your legendary past that really cranks things up, comments like he didn't, he couldn't, did she slap him, Dad!
It only happened a couple of times but then they began to look at me as a  human being as opposed to being the old man.
Bill the demon.

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7988 on: June 05, 2015, 10:38:51 pm »

and it totally pisses me off that sending stuff all the way to 'Stralia is cheaper than Cananda
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #7989 on: June 06, 2015, 04:39:53 am »

and it totally pisses me off that sending stuff all the way to 'Stralia is cheaper than Cananda
It must be from empathy for the poor fcukas! Have you seen the wildlife lurking under the rocks, logs, sand and waves down there just waiting to give you a (pointless) trip to the ER before you take the dirt nap?

Geez, if they can survive all those venomous creatures and live to tell about it, shipping ought to be free- tough blokes down under!
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Justin

• Enthusiast
    • Cj's Garage
« Reply #7990 on: June 06, 2015, 02:13:35 pm »
I'm willing to relay shipping anything to Oz for anyone that wants me to. I live in California but I miss 'straya all the time

Speaking of pointless ER trips I'll tell you what pisses me off: spending my free time after work helping out my mate with his ute when it explodes hot lava onto my face and head, sending me to hospital. I wouldn't have minded a couple days off of work so I could get some things done at the house but it gives me the sh¡ts laying around the house nursing my face. I feel like the sloth from Goonies: "hey yooouuu guuuuyyyyysss"
Also, I got fluid stuck in my left ear that won't come out since Wednesday and it's really pissing me off because I've tried everything but can't unblock it.
I should count myself fortunate because the doctors reckon it won't scar or it will be minimal if it does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7991 on: June 07, 2015, 12:11:10 am »
G'Day Justin, thanks for the offer mate, Cal was kind enough to extend the offer just after I posted my rant, which I really appreciate, he's a "top bloke", Oz's highest honor.

What are you doing in California mate? My sister lived there for close to 30 years, and I've got an American niece and nephew. (who's living in Oz at the moment) That burn sounds awful, sound like you were lucky you didn't lose an eye?

Back in 1980 or '81 I was driving my old XR Falcoon up to Sydney (where I was posted in the Army for a couple of years) and I pulled into the old "Dog on the Tuckerbox" servo to fill it up. For some reason I decided to check the water in the radiator, even though it wasn't running hot, and when I popped the cap a geyser of boiling water issued forth, and scalded the fcuk out of my right forearm.

Sadly I was wearing a "Dad and Dave" T shirt, (the Dog on the Tuckerbox" servo's opposition across the road) so when I asked for some help the old krunt just looked at me and drawled, "why don't you go over the road and ask them?" So I ran some cold water over it and kept going.

By the time I got back to Dundas I had a blister the size of a tennis ball hanging off the inside of my elbow/forearm, which was full of a rather unattractive colored liquid. I went to the medical officer the next day, who refused to lance it, so I had to walk around with a fcuking huge blister hanging off my arm for a week, which really pissed off everyone around me, especially when dining in the mess hall, as I sliced my food the blister wobbled and wallowed in concert with my arm movement, and one girl actually started dry retching as she stared hypnotically at my new appendage.

I say a week, because it pissed me off so much I lanced it with my pocket knife. Being a social leper pisses me off......... ;D     

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7992 on: June 07, 2015, 06:11:18 am »
Another gem of a story Tez.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline honda_dog

• Hot Shot
« Reply #7993 on: June 07, 2015, 04:25:47 pm »
Just got off the phone after 4-1/2 hours with Verizon Wireless to discuss a charge to my account that was supposed to be "handled" in April...... I'm exhausted. this is the third time I've called to discuss a $25.00 charge on my bill for a phone line that I asked to be discontinued way back in April 2015. I had called to discontinue a phone number that I had and I do not use any longer (why pay for it, if it's not needed). I also called to transfer my wife's phone number from her "standard" phone to my old smart phone. Of course, transferring the number added cost to my account, so he immediately got that done. The discontinued line, he had to "work on it", but assured me that it would be gone before my next billing cycle (approx. 2 weeks).
Well...... got my bill a couple of weeks later, still being charged for the line I asked to be discontinued. Called Verizon, again, got another agent who was apologetic but told me she could not discontinue my phone. I had to call a special number to do that. She also said she would put a credit on my account in the next few days in the amount of the phone line charge. She also had some "discount" she could do to save me money...... I'm always into saving money, so I agreed. I hung up the phone, called the "special" number and suspended my phone, no automated option for discontinuing.

Fast forward, went onto my Verizon account today to pay my bill, no discount was showing up, just the total bill amount prior to my last phone call. OK, I'll call customer service and see what's going on. First call, got a clueless agent, then my call was disconnected. OK, a dropped call from a phone company...... makes sense, right? OK, called back, gave my spiel, again, got no help from the new agent, asked to speak with a supervisor, all were busy, but they would be happy to call me back in a few minutes.

Waited 1.5 hours, no call back. Now, my patience is about exhausted. Called again, this time a asked directly for a supervisor, that I did not want to get mad at him and that he could not help me. No supervisor was available. I then asked if maybe I got the wrong department and wanted to speak with the "customer service" department. He said that he was in the customer service department, I then told him I was a customer and I needed service and wanted to talk to a supervisor, still, all were busy. One would call me in a few minutes, I told him that I had heard that before, then I asked how I could file a formal complaint with Verizon Wireless concerning their customer service. He told me to go to the website. I explained to him that nowhere on the website had a place to file a complaint, I had already looked. He responded by telling me to talk to a supervisor...... you know, the one that won't call back?

Again, I waited for that return call..... nothing (I'm still waiting). Anyway, I called again, cause it's raining and I have nothing better to do. This call I immediately asked for a supervisor, the nice agent tried to find one.... all were busy. So, she asked what my issue was, once again, I explained my plight. Her answer was, I can help you with that. It took awhile, but, she did help me to cancel the line and credit my account an appropriate amount for the line that should have been cancelled in April. She really didn't come out and say it (probably because we were being recorded) but admitted that some of their agents aren't as knowledgeable as they should be. She also said that cancelling lines counts against the agent who receives the request, so it's easy to see why most of them didn't get it done for me. I also asked why the supervisors were being protected from talking to irate customers such as myself? Her answer was that they were very busy with complaints and problems...... really?

Anyway, I thanked her for her hard work and asked if I could give her a good review, she said I could talk to a supervisor, one would call me back.... that was over an hour ago. Think I will hear from one, even to give this lady a nice review?

Sorry for the long rant, but it's been a long day with these people.
1978 CB750K
1981 CB900F
1978 Suzuki GS1000E
1981 Suzuki GS1100EX
1980 Suzuki GS1000S (Wes Cooley replica)
1982 Suzuki GS1000S Katana
1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ
1983 Suzuki GS1100ED
1983 Suzuki GS1100ESD
2014 Honda F6B Deluxe

Offline faux fiddy

• Just becaus I'm the second post on the pissed off thread doesn't mean I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • bike in a box
« Reply #7994 on: June 07, 2015, 04:44:19 pm »

The venom contains tetrodotoxin, which blocks sodium channels and causes motor paralysis and occasionally respiratory failure. Though with fixed dilated pupils, the senses of the patients are often intact. The victims are aware but unable to respond.

My understanding from icthyology class is this is the same poison that puffer fish have, and it is a delicacy in Asian countries. It has to be preapred correctly and part of the dining experience is the numbness from eating it.  I guess there are necessary precautions in preparation and best to avoid  eating  too much. Never had it myself.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 04:49:48 pm by faux fiddy »
^^^^^^^/l^^^^^^^^^^^^^^/l^^^
. . ______/ l_________________/  l
<'  '  '   '  o .  . . . . . . .................(
 ' VVVVV'   ')))))____>-''''''''''''''''''\  l
' . vvvv_   -              -                 \/

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #7995 on: June 08, 2015, 12:25:22 am »

Well, it's been a bloody good long weekend with the sun shining all day and nice cool evenings.
Part of the plan was to reorganise and clean some sh1t out of the shed that ended up being a bit of a pipe dream.

It was my youngest daughters birthday party on Saturday and my job was to take a heap of photos of the party.
That was good because all it involved was sip, click, sip, click and I excelled at both duties.

So today, I sorta made a half hearted effort to give the shed a bit of a birthday.
While I was revisiting the stash of goodies, I found the old retired sand filter housing from the swimming pool that had been in storage for about 10 years.

Anyway, I threw a couple of lovely cold beers into my neck and put the thinking cap on.
No worries, out with the jigsaw and cut the fcuka in half.

Now the missus has got 2 more good sized garden pots and she thinks that I'm such a good boy.
But I already knew that.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #7996 on: June 08, 2015, 07:12:14 am »
You know, every time I think about the cop dog story mate, I laugh me guts out.
That was as funny as fcuk and it still is.  ;D  ;D

I don't know Mick. I like to reserve judgement until I hear both sides of a story. I think the dog should be heard to get the full picture.

Kev

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7997 on: June 08, 2015, 02:23:53 pm »
The dog never recovered Kev... :o
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #7998 on: June 08, 2015, 04:28:24 pm »
My oldest son is seriously bummed now. He was having issues with his 73 750 earlier this spring and combined with other circumstances he got fed up with it and decided it was time to sell it. I asked him to wait till I checked it out first before he sold it because he wouldn't be able to hardly get anything out of it unless it was running good so this last weekend I finally got the time to head down to his place to check it out. From the way he was describing it it sounded like he had a dead short somewhere so I brought enough spare parts to replace his entire charging system if needed. It turned out to be a bad battery and the bike needing some general TLC and by the time my son and I were done that bike was running SWEET!! So sweet in fact that he's kicking himself for deciding to put it up for sale in the first place. I hate to see the bike go but my kid has his own life and priorities so I support him either way. What pisses me off is that neither myself nor my youngest son have the extra $ to take it off his hands.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #7999 on: June 08, 2015, 05:26:19 pm »
Let me introduce to you another bright specimen of youth in our society.
Firstly, he steals a copper cap, fires up the ol' bong, takes a selfie and posts it on fcuking Facebook.

What a fcuking legend.
I mean, who else could think of something as intelligent as this . . . . . . . . . . . DICKHEAD

Knock, Knock
Who's there?  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.