Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1385944 times)

Online Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8050 on: June 15, 2015, 04:40:17 pm »
Yeah mate, I bought a CX500 Custom tank for my sons "Bobber" project, it looked great in the pics on eBay, but somewhere between the bench and the box someone dropped it, but they forgot to mention it to me. The box arrived in good condition so I was pissed off that there was a very noticable dent in it.

I contacted the seller, who tried to say that it happened in transit, so I pointed out that there wasn't a mark on the box, and sent pics to prove it. Eventually he refunded some of the money, but still swore on a stack of bibles that it left in perfect condition. Bullsh1tters piss me off........... ;D   
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Trevor from Warragul

• Expert
« Reply #8051 on: June 15, 2015, 11:59:09 pm »
I recently sold a 350/4 top fork bridge to a guy in Tassie.  To avoid any issues, I sent him the part & told him to pay me once it arrived & checked out okay.  A few days later the money was deposited into my account & he was a very happy chappy
1971 Kawasaki H1A
1972 Honda CB350F
1976 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport
1978 Honda CBX
1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200
1999 Ducati Monster 750

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8052 on: June 16, 2015, 02:17:42 am »
I bought a couple of remote door openers on eBay from China, for my Ford Explorer. I don't know what I was thinking, but of course they didn't work, and when I pulled them apart I could see that the Chinese circuit boards were just there for show, with virtually no components except the 3 switches.

I left them negative feedback and of course they emailed me with a request to remove the negative feedback if they refunded my money? Yeah, why not, anyone dumb enough to think these things will work (like I did........) don't deserve a lot of help from me. Anyway, they emailed me to say they'd refunded my money, but when I checked paypal, they only refunded the purchase price, not the shipping, which was actually a little more than the purchase price of the items.

Fcuk 'em, I didn't retract the negative feedback, and they haven't sent me any more emails, so they can get fcuked. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #8053 on: June 16, 2015, 12:08:56 pm »
I bought a couple of remote door openers on eBay from China, for my Ford Explorer. I don't know what I was thinking, but of course they didn't work, and when I pulled them apart I could see that the Chinese circuit boards were just there for show, with virtually no components except the 3 switches.

I left them negative feedback and of course they emailed me with a request to remove the negative feedback if they refunded my money? Yeah, why not, anyone dumb enough to think these things will work (like I did........) don't deserve a lot of help from me. Anyway, they emailed me to say they'd refunded my money, but when I checked paypal, they only refunded the purchase price, not the shipping, which was actually a little more than the purchase price of the items.

Fcuk 'em, I didn't retract the negative feedback, and they haven't sent me any more emails, so they can get fcuked. ;D

I wonder who is more pissed off ??

On reflection, do Chinese entrepreneurs who trade online to a global market ever get pissed off ? Do they even know how ?

Kev

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8054 on: June 16, 2015, 05:23:15 pm »
Ha ha, I'm not really pissed off Kev, I bought them because my OEM remote would lock, but not unlock, the car. It had obviously been like that for years, because the little picture of the lock on the remote was just about worn off, whereas the pic of the "unlock" was pristine.

I pulled my remote apart and found that the clicker switch on the circuit board was missing it's top, so I pulled the one off the Chinese remote and jury-rigged it on to mine, and it worked. That in itself was worth the 15 bucks I paid for shipping, and there's enough spare parts left over to keep mine going for as long as the car lasts. I think they're more pissed off than I am.......... ;D   

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #8055 on: June 17, 2015, 12:12:20 pm »
The New York Times pisses me off, and by fcuk will I let them know it.

A tragedy took place in Berkeley on Tuesday where a balcony collapsed and 6 young kids of 21 / 22 yrs old were tragically killed. Two more are fighting for their lives. Most were Irish. Yet this rag came up with schidt about Irish students on J1 visas in the USA as follows : "they come by the thousands — Irish students on work visas, many flocking to the West Coast to work in summer jobs by day and to enjoy the often raucous life in a college town at night. It was, for many, a rite of passage, one last summer to enjoy travel abroad before beginning a career. But the work-visa program that allowed for the exchanges has in recent years become not just a source of aspiration, but also a source of embarrassment for Ireland, marked by a series of high-profile episodes involving drunken partying and the wrecking of apartments in places like San Francisco and Santa Barbara"

Did they consider for a minute the feeling of the parents that are now arriving in San Francisco to reclaim the remains of their children ? Did they question WHY a balcony might have collapsed ? No. Subsequently in the face of considerable criticism they issued a mealey mouthed, unsatisfactory and qualified "apology" . Absolute rank journalism of the worst standard.

I personally have been in contact with three families in Ireland who are affected by this tragedy, and the sorrow is palpable.

Good on you New York Times, kick people when they are down, enjoy some classic stereotyping but may you go and royally screw yourself, you feckin dicks.

By all that is sacred in this life, I am pissed off. Venture not near my homestead ye who write this #$%*e.

Kev

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #8056 on: June 17, 2015, 01:15:22 pm »
The New York Times pisses me off, and by fcuk will I let them know it.

A tragedy took place in Berkeley on Tuesday where a balcony collapsed and 6 young kids of 21 / 22 yrs old were tragically killed. Two more are fighting for their lives. Most were Irish. Yet this rag came up with schidt about Irish students on J1 visas in the USA as follows : "they come by the thousands — Irish students on work visas, many flocking to the West Coast to work in summer jobs by day and to enjoy the often raucous life in a college town at night. It was, for many, a rite of passage, one last summer to enjoy travel abroad before beginning a career. But the work-visa program that allowed for the exchanges has in recent years become not just a source of aspiration, but also a source of embarrassment for Ireland, marked by a series of high-profile episodes involving drunken partying and the wrecking of apartments in places like San Francisco and Santa Barbara"

Did they consider for a minute the feeling of the parents that are now arriving in San Francisco to reclaim the remains of their children ? Did they question WHY a balcony might have collapsed ? No. Subsequently in the face of considerable criticism they issued a mealey mouthed, unsatisfactory and qualified "apology" . Absolute rank journalism of the worst standard.

I personally have been in contact with three families in Ireland who are affected by this tragedy, and the sorrow is palpable.

Good on you New York Times, kick people when they are down, enjoy some classic stereotyping but may you go and royally screw yourself, you feckin dicks.

By all that is sacred in this life, I am pissed off. Venture not near my homestead ye who write this #$%*e.

Kev

Their "apology" : http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/new-york-times-apologises-for-insensitive-language-in-berkeley-article-1.2252948

Paraphrase : "sorry if you felt that we upset you, but we did not mean to despite our crass reporting and if you do feel that way, that's your problem" .

Wretched fcukahs . I am presently considering to resort  to my former trade, taking various tools and implements that have lain untouched in dusty boxes in the attic for many years, and to quote my compatriot, Liam Neeson ".. what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you."

N Y Times, report on that.

Kev

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8057 on: June 17, 2015, 01:45:02 pm »
Wow Kev, pretty fkn ordinary. Very sorry you are so touched by this tragedy, not an easy time for you, and so sad for the loved ones.
Good on you for taking a stand against thoughtless and sensationalised "journalism"...go get 'em.
Peter.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #8058 on: June 17, 2015, 02:03:54 pm »
Wow Kev, pretty fkn ordinary. Very sorry you are so touched by this tragedy, not an easy time for you, and so sad for the loved ones.
Good on you for taking a stand against thoughtless and sensationalised "journalism"...go get 'em.
Peter.

Tooling up Pete, ready for action !

Seriously, most of the kids that died are from a very small area on the southside of Dublin, many attended UCD, my God daughter was a classmate of two of the victims. This is literally like a bomb exploding in a very tight knit community. The "journalism" evidenced here seems to think that it is extraordinary for kids to take a J1 Visa and gain some world experience and have a bit of fun in the process.  Who amongst us did not do the equivalent or at least wanted to ? I know this generation of talented, confident Irish youngsters and they do not fit into the stereotype that the NYT would like to conveniently consign them to. It is lasy journalism, and possibly libellous to boot.

Fcuk NYT and sloppy "journalism" , time for more compassion in this world.

Kev

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8059 on: June 17, 2015, 02:15:53 pm »
Hold your head high Kev.
No one could go as low as those fcukas.
The only deserving compassion for those sub humans is an offer to have their faceless faces rubbed in a big sloppy, steamy dog sh1t.
Free of charge.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #8060 on: June 17, 2015, 02:23:20 pm »
Gently Kev Gently
Bill the demon.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8061 on: June 17, 2015, 02:25:34 pm »
I have to say sometimes "journalists" do get it right. Recently here a rather well known motorcyclist was killed on his bike. It was reported very sensitively, with not too many details. Those of us closer to him and his circle knew there was cctv footage of him on the back wheel at an estimated 140kph at the time of impact with the car. They reported it just as "the car driver appears to have done no wrong", which is very subtle compared to how they could have worded it.
But sadly, that sort of "journalism" is very rare, and that pisses me off.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #8062 on: June 17, 2015, 02:42:38 pm »
Gently Kev Gently
Bill the demon.

doucement ,  ce n'est pas trop grave

Kev

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #8063 on: June 17, 2015, 02:51:40 pm »
My God daughter and her sister are both in Brisbane, if needs be can anyone assist ?

Kev

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #8064 on: June 17, 2015, 02:52:46 pm »
I'm truly sorry for the family and their communities loss Kev.

It's a terrible thing.

We have been employing young Irish backpackers for some time now and every single one of them have been a credit to their families and their country.

FCUK THE TIMES!

The older I get the faster I was.

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #8065 on: June 17, 2015, 02:57:01 pm »
My God daughter and her sister are both in Brisbane, if needs be can anyone assist ?

Kev

Sorry mate .........wish I could,  unfortunately I'm at the wong end of the country.  :(
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8066 on: June 17, 2015, 03:26:47 pm »

Kev

Whats up Kev..? I'm on Brisbane's south side.... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #8067 on: June 17, 2015, 11:59:40 pm »

Kev

Whats up Kev..? I'm on Brisbane's south side.... ;)

Thanks Mick - noted. Have been in touch with the girls' Dad, and they seem to be OK, but it's good to know there is someone close by, just in case. They will probably curtail their visit to come home for the funerals.

The Irish Ambassador to the USA had something to add also, but in more eloquent language than I could ever muster : https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/usa/news-and-events/2015/letter-to-editor-ny-times/

Sorry for all you guys and gals in the US that have this carp as your newspaper of record. Fit only for the wiping of arseholes.

Kev

Offline faux fiddy

• Just becaus I'm the second post on the pissed off thread doesn't mean I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • bike in a box
« Reply #8068 on: June 18, 2015, 12:11:54 am »
We've had the wettest may on record ever here and after barely enough time to mow the  lawn we've  now got  Hurricane Bob com park it'  ass right on us.  It's raining sideways right now.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=NCR&rid=TLX&loop=yes
^^^^^^^/l^^^^^^^^^^^^^^/l^^^
. . ______/ l_________________/  l
<'  '  '   '  o .  . . . . . . .................(
 ' VVVVV'   ')))))____>-''''''''''''''''''\  l
' . vvvv_   -              -                 \/

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8069 on: June 18, 2015, 01:48:10 am »
Well to add to the schidtty weather we've been having all week, I discovered that my wonderful plumbing job from last week wasn't entirely successful. Sure, I unblocked the pipe from the house to the vent pipe, but the pipe from the vent pipe to the sewer trap was still blocked.

What this all means is that instead of the "effluent" going down into the trap, it went up, into my back yard. When I wandered down to check it out this afternoon, it looked like a boiling volcano of turds and toilet paper surrounding the open vent pipe.

I bought a "Poo Snake" from Aldi for 8 bucks on Monday, so I put it to good use, shoving it up to it's handle into the blockage, and cranking it like a Model T Ford, until it made a large farting sound (complete with stench) and then a sucking, gurgling noise, as the buildup of pee and poop suddenly disappeared down the pipe, much to my relief. (no pun intended)

I used my garden hose to force all the blind mullets and used corn surrounding the hole in the ground back into the vent pipe, which promptly blocked the pipe again, so once again the Poo Snake came into play, and I managed to unblock it in record time. (well, I've really no idea what the record is for unblocking a sewer, but I'm sure I was up there in the gold medal category)   

God smiles on his little children though, so after I'd immersed myself in the shower and put on some clean duds I walked out to the letter box to find that the paperwork for my "Club Permit" for my mighty Honda XR500R had arrived, so I raced off to the local VICROADS (DMV) office and got my shiny new "Red Plate". Tomorrow, regardless of the foul weather, I'm going for a ride, and hopefully I won't get too wet and cold and pissed off............... ;D

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #8070 on: June 18, 2015, 02:48:27 am »
Your right Kev she did quite a good job of rebutting the article and the writer.
Bill the demon. Oh and be the way not that it means #$%*all but my sympathies.
Bill the demon.

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #8071 on: June 18, 2015, 11:37:42 am »
Your right Kev she did quite a good job of rebutting the article and the writer.
Bill the demon. Oh and be the way not that it means #$%*all but my sympathies.
Bill the demon.

Thanks Bill, very kind of you.

The cause of the disaster is becoming a little clearer : http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/rotten-wood-blamed-for-berkeley-balcony-collapse-682532.html?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

Perhaps the NY Times could do a piece on construction standards in USA and actually be of some use.

Wnakers.

Kev

Offline vfourfreak

• Master

Offline martin99

• UK Based, Non-
  • Master
  • Adventure before Dementia
« Reply #8073 on: June 18, 2015, 03:21:33 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/rtenews/videos/1102433246452343/

Kev

Compelled to post after watching that video Kev. So moving. Thinking of you and yours at this sad time, with some understanding of their loss. Thankfully the anger dissipates eventually, but while it's there those insensitive cnuts at the NYT are fair game I reckon.
Build threads:
77 750F2 Refresh Project http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=144075.0
TRIBSA http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,160296.0.html

1977 CB750 F2
1958 Norton Model 99
2011 Triumph Street Triple 675

Offline socal1200r

• Enthusiast
« Reply #8074 on: June 18, 2015, 06:28:46 pm »
Moronic gun control ideas like this in the US actually making it into print...this guy obviously doesn't get the Second Amendment...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sean-palfrey-md/gun-violence-public-health_b_7605102.html