Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1384151 times)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8450 on: August 08, 2015, 03:20:11 am »
Just scored a 12.5 kva diesel genset.
The Wet Season won't be too far away now and fcuking power outages are guaranteed with the lightening strikes so I'll be able to hook this lad into the circuit and fire up the beer fridge and the lights and fans.

Sometimes it could be up to 3 to 4 hours sweating it out or the family sitting in the Toyota with the aircon ticking over just to cool off and get away from the mozzies and sand flies.

All going well tomorrow, I'll hook the lad up and see if the split aircon will run as well.
12.5 kva should #$%* it in but if it doesn't,  I'll be pissed off.  ;D

That should run the local pub too Mick   :o  My mates 6 kva genny runs his whole house comfortably, air con and all...
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8451 on: August 08, 2015, 03:20:53 am »
That's the reason I could never live in darwin mick, humidity pisses me off.

Dentists piss me off too, and it's been a loooong time since I've been, but this morning I had to make an appointment due to a broken crown and a few other things I've been putting off....not looking forward to that, I have a real phobia about it. And paying dentists pisses me off even more. It's got me fkd why anyone would want to be a dentist. There's other ways of earning big bucks other than sticking your fingers in people's mouths....like running a meth lab or something.

Football pisses me off too. My team is done for the season, grrrr.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8452 on: August 08, 2015, 11:57:09 pm »
Well Pete, I think I'd rather be a "Fang Farrier" than a proctologist, if it came to that. I'm not a Gynaecologist, but I'm always happy to take a look, but I digress. Some dentists are ok, as long as they're not shooting fcuking lions with crossbows like that kunt on the news recently, if that's how all dentists get off, then I don't want to know any of them. Anyway, it could be worse mate, check out this dentist in Sydney! ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8453 on: August 09, 2015, 12:28:56 am »
Just scored a 12.5 kva diesel genset.
The Wet Season won't be too far away now and fcuking power outages are guaranteed with the lightening strikes so I'll be able to hook this lad into the circuit and fire up the beer fridge and the lights and fans.

Sometimes it could be up to 3 to 4 hours sweating it out or the family sitting in the Toyota with the aircon ticking over just to cool off and get away from the mozzies and sand flies.

All going well tomorrow, I'll hook the lad up and see if the split aircon will run as well.
12.5 kva should #$%* it in but if it doesn't,  I'll be pissed off.  ;D

That should run the local pub too Mick   :o  My mates 6 kva genny runs his whole house comfortably, air con and all...
Do you reckon that this lad will keep the piss cold at the pub mate?
I fired it up today after a bit of adjusting and she's a beauty.
Didn't have time to power the house today but it'll happen.
I might see the ol' mate about putting a 3 Phase outlet on it as well.
I'm thinking that it should work to run a 3 Ph compressor motor.

Trying to work out all of this electrical stuff pisses me off so I'll leave it with the ol' mate to sort out while I have a cold beer.
Then he can have one afterwards, but only if it works.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8454 on: August 09, 2015, 12:53:19 am »
That'll run the pub, the hot tub and the bloody street lights on the way so you don't get lost.... ;D ;)  Great score Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8455 on: August 09, 2015, 01:16:18 am »
Kva's and ohms and volts and amps piss me off....I have nfi.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8456 on: August 09, 2015, 01:39:13 am »
I know what you mean Pete.
All of that stuff is enough to give a bloke a bloody soft on.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8457 on: August 09, 2015, 02:40:53 am »
Nah, it's a piece of piss Mick, a KVA is just 1000 watts, (what?) so a 12.5 KVA gennie should be able to run your lights, refrigeration, aircon etc, with no drama's. I see that it's got a good quality Kohler dieso engine running it, but I'm a bit worried about the Italian electrics, didn't I tell you about my old Ducati? Sure, Lord Lucas was the Prince of Darkness in Britain, but at least his products worked occasionally!

Ha ha, anyhoo, it should run your 3 phase compressor if it's got a 415 volt plug, depending on the size of the motor. One HP is 750 watts, or .75 KVA, so you shouldn't have a drama. Some gennies are noisy so people move them as far away from their homes as possible, but for every foot of power cable, you lose around one volt, so it's best to dig your gennie in or sandbag it to keep the noise down.

We had a lot of power outages here on really hot days so I bought a little 3.2 KVA Bunnings gennie, it's got a Chinese knockoff Honda engine and will happily power my lights, fridge, freezer, TV and Foxtel box. I've no idea how to plug it into the mains so that's all I've ever used it for, but it's nice to watch TV sipping on a cold drink while listening to the neighbours going apeschidt as they stumble around in the dark.......... ;D     
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8458 on: August 09, 2015, 03:52:38 am »
All you need to do to power up the house mate is to get an extention cord, cut off the female plug and put another male on so that you end up with 2 male plugs on the cord.

Then shut off the main isolator switch in the outside power box, cutting all grid power to the house.
Plug one end of the cord into the genset and the other end into any GPO in the house or the shed.
Fire up the genset and the jobs right.

We've done that heaps of times after there's been a Cyclone blow and trees have dropped across the power lines.
One year, we didn't have any power for 4 bloody days and no one had any ice so we had to eat baked beans and drink hot piss.
Geez, everyone was farting like a fcuking trooper for a few days after that.

But keep that male/male cord under lock and key when you're not using it because it's as good as a loaded gun if some poor bastard unknowingly plugs it into a power outlet.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8459 on: August 09, 2015, 04:40:07 am »
My old man had an external caravan type plug fitted to his power box and a changeover switch fitted. Only cost a couple of hundred to have it done, but sounds a hell of a lot safer than Micks idea.
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8460 on: August 09, 2015, 04:58:01 am »
Safe eh? I'm not familiar with that concept Andrew, ha ha! It does sound like a good idea to get something wired into the power box though, I've been electrocuted (really electrocuted, not just copped a small zap) once, and I know how close I came to falling off the perch, so I might try some of that safety stuff, of which you speak............... ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8461 on: August 09, 2015, 05:17:13 am »
As I said, electricity pisses me off.....but it also scares me...probably cos I don't understand it (or is it cos I can't see it?)...and hearing that you've been zapped Tez only makes me more wary of it. Man, I get nervous changing a light globe!
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #8462 on: August 09, 2015, 05:39:20 am »
The other household system you "may" need to power is well water and septic. Don't know if you Aussies run those also? I've got both here at my place, and my Gennie is tied into the house via an system interrupt/power lock-out. Uses an external plug (as mentioned) but to activate power input form the Gennie, the fuse box has to be switched off from Main power from the street. Then you turn on the individual circuits in the house you want whilst running the Gennie. This prevents you from sending power form the Gennie back up to the street when the Power Co lines,an is hanging there getting fried and the power comes wrong way at him.

Electrocuted linesmen hanging over my driveway pisses me off.
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #8463 on: August 09, 2015, 06:43:07 am »
Not to  mention what it does to them, and then their crew mates  have bloody great hissy fits.
Bill the  demon.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8464 on: August 09, 2015, 03:38:59 pm »
The other household system you "may" need to power is well water and septic. Don't know if you Aussies run those also? I've got both here at my place, and my Gennie is tied into the house via an system interrupt/power lock-out. Uses an external plug (as mentioned) but to activate power input form the Gennie, the fuse box has to be switched off from Main power from the street. Then you turn on the individual circuits in the house you want whilst running the Gennie. This prevents you from sending power form the Gennie back up to the street when the Power Co lines,an is hanging there getting fried and the power comes wrong way at him.

Electrocuted linesmen hanging over my driveway pisses me off.

The only power that goes into my septic/sewer comes outa my butt.... 8)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8465 on: August 10, 2015, 12:59:58 am »
As I said, electricity pisses me off.....but it also scares me...probably cos I don't understand it (or is it cos I can't see it?)...and hearing that you've been zapped Tez only makes me more wary of it. Man, I get nervous changing a light globe!

Yeah Pete, I was lucky, it picked me up and threw me 10 feet across the kitchen, which was lucky, most times it grabs you and won't let you go.

It had killed my mate Shane Bourke 4 years earlier, in an ironically similar way. Shane had come back from having a shower, was standing on his barrack room's lino floor with just a towel around him, he switched on his old electric kettle, and they found him the next morning as stiff as a board, on the other side of the room.

I was washing down the kitchen walls (painted concrete) in preparation for a move to another Army house, leaning against the metal strip on the edge of the bench when water ran into a power point and I woke up on the other side of the room. That was scary, but surprisingly, I wasn't hurt, so I stopped for a beer and a ciggy, and continued cleaning.

What did hurt, was when I was building a trailer. (at the same house) I had no garage or carport, just a strip of concrete wide enough to park a car on. The weather was cold and wet, but I needed to finish the trailer, so between showers I'd wheel my new "Champion" ARC welder out of my little workshop, and continue on. I was welding on the drawbar after a light shower, and as I arced up the welder, my gonads must have brushed against the wet steel, and I copped 180 amps through my dictators, which somehow disappeared back inside my chest, as I rolled around the wet concrete in agony.

My wife ran out to see what was wrong with me, and in between gasps, I painted a tragic picture for her, which she found somehow amusing, and collapsed, screaming with laughter, the heartless biatch. I limped back inside and took the rest of the day off, and eventually the wife stopped laughing........... ;D   

ken65

« Reply #8466 on: August 10, 2015, 01:37:29 am »
bloody hell Terry, I'm glad your still with us.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8467 on: August 10, 2015, 01:46:49 am »
Ha ha, I'm just glad my nuts dropped back into place mate! ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8468 on: August 10, 2015, 02:19:03 am »
So Tez....what about the job situation? Decision made?
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8469 on: August 10, 2015, 02:35:23 am »
Bloody hell.
A kick in the knackers with a boot brings a tear to a grown man's eyes but a 240 volt boot in the knackers is more than a double piss off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #8470 on: August 10, 2015, 02:44:57 am »
Wives they are wonderful aren't they. I  suppose if you had looked at her and said that's not funny, she'd be still laughing.
Bill the demon.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8471 on: August 10, 2015, 02:53:39 am »
So Tez....what about the job situation? Decision made?

Yeah Pete, I'm off to Canberra, starting on the 26th. ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8472 on: August 10, 2015, 03:05:34 am »
Wow, well good for you mate....not the answer I expected, but nevertheless good on ya and good luck with it.
I bet it's pissed off the current employer big time.....or did he say  "anytime you want to come back...."
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8473 on: August 10, 2015, 03:31:26 am »
Ha ha, you don't know how close you are mate, I rang the National Manager today and told him, we had a really good relationship when I was doing the contract transitioning, and he likes that I tell him the truth, not just what he wants to hear, like his other flunkies. He has another job in mind for me in the current contract but he can't get the CEO to fund it, so he has to wait until the #$%* hits the fan, (which won't be too long) then suddenly money won't be an issue.

That's what happened back in 2011 and that earned me a promotion and a $20K pay rise. He told me that regardless of where I'm working, if and when that position becomes a reality, he'll make me an offer. I was worried that he wouldn't consider me again after quitting twice, and he said no, he'd do exactly what I'm doing if the boot was on the other foot. That pretty much made the decision for me. I just hope the company apartment comes with a lockup garage, I keep looking at the new Indian Chief and thinking how I need a new bike............ Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline Trevor from Warragul

• Expert
« Reply #8474 on: August 10, 2015, 04:17:44 am »
I do like the look of the new Indian's...
1971 Kawasaki H1A
1972 Honda CB350F
1976 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport
1978 Honda CBX
1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200
1999 Ducati Monster 750