Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1385184 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #9225 on: November 04, 2015, 02:02:26 am »
Ha ha, it's not. Not in Canberra, anyway. I took it to Canberra Harley (I rode it  from the Storage King where I park it, it was only 1 Km, but a great ride............) and asked them to give it a major service and a roadworthy, well, they did the service and took it around to the roadworthy tester, but he refused to do the roadworthy inspection as he thought it was somehow "suspect" apparently, and wouldn't look at it.

For fcuks sake, I've got the purchase documents from the bike shop with the old Vic rego marked on it, plus I did a VICROADS search and have the printout of the rego details matching the vin number on the frame, so fcuk Canberra's RTA, I'm taking it back to Victoria and I'll get it registered when I go on my 4 weeks annual leave next month. I bought a trailer to tow it home behind the new Territory, so I might bring the Triumph up and ride it around until the Sporty's on the road.

As long as I get to ride it eventually, I won't be too pissed off........................ ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9226 on: November 04, 2015, 02:41:36 am »
Don't blame him. Everybody knows you can't trust Harley riders.
Especially if their from Victoria.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 02:44:21 am by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9227 on: November 04, 2015, 03:09:21 am »
Well I've only ridden this one 2.5 klicks Brian, so I don't know if that makes me a harley rider just yet, but I'm naturally untrustworthy anyway......... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #9228 on: November 04, 2015, 03:56:36 am »
Well I've only ridden this one 2.5 klicks Brian, so I don't know if that makes me a harley rider just yet, but I'm naturally untrustworthy anyway......... ;D
That's about as far as the average Harley will take you on a good day ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9229 on: November 05, 2015, 01:24:46 am »
Well, I've been thinking about a side car for the Postie ever since Uncle Brian put the idea into my head.

This one turned up in the search and there's some Pros and Cons to consider.
The Pros are that it's only 50 bucks and you could easily fit 10 cartons of beer and a Sausage Dog into it.
The Cons are that the Postie Bike would need a V8 shoe horned into it to pull the bastard and that'd piss me off.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9230 on: November 05, 2015, 09:12:07 am »
I don't think that unit would get the "Charlie" seal of approval Mick.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9231 on: November 06, 2015, 01:00:44 am »
That's about as far as the average Harley will take you on a good day ;D

Yeah, well, er, I did the 2.5 klicks over 3 days........... ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9232 on: November 06, 2015, 01:16:45 am »
I don't think that unit would get the "Charlie" seal of approval Mick.
Bloody Charlie didn't get my approval to bring a dead Lorikeet home today and drop it next to the back door.

You have to give him points for trying to impress, but part of the hounds ritual is to roll all over the expired animal (including fcuked Cane Toads) and smell like a pigs arse.

I do love me dog but he pisses me off when he brings home unwanted presents.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9233 on: November 06, 2015, 01:18:53 am »
Buy him a can of old spice Mick, and see if he'll roll in that............... ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9234 on: November 06, 2015, 01:45:52 am »
I've got a bottle of Old Spice mate that's been collecting dust for a while now.
And there's also a bottle of Eau de Cologne somewhere.
Now I don't know if thats a sheilas or a blokes fragrance, but either way,  it did make you smell like a Cows Hoof.

I can remember waking up next to some fcuking ugly sheilas and thank fcuk non of 'em had a 5 o'clock shadow cos that would've pissed me off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9235 on: November 06, 2015, 02:06:38 am »
So you never went out with a nice Calabrian girl Mick? ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9236 on: November 06, 2015, 02:52:32 am »
The missus is a Berlin girl mate so I suppose thats fairly close to Calibrian.
A coupla beers and you're almost across the border.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9237 on: November 06, 2015, 03:00:31 am »
Where the hell did you find a Berliner in Darwin mate? I've gotta say that, having been to Darwin a few times, I'd take a Berliner any day.... : D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9238 on: November 06, 2015, 03:29:39 am »
Well mate, it's just how life goes sometimes.
At the time, I was a batchelor boy and lovin' it after me and the ex had decided to call it a day.
This was about a year and a half after being granted parole.

Anyway, it was Cracker Night (July 1st 2003) and Cracker Night was my night which meant that every bugga would rock up for beers and a barbie and mud crabs and a big mob of legal and illegal explosives.

So, my now missus (Sabina) had never had mud crabs before and after having a feed of them, she refused to leave.

Now, 12 years later, we've got an almost teenage daughter and a Sausage Dog and lifes good.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9239 on: November 06, 2015, 04:31:21 am »
Well done mate, they say that shellfish is an aphrodisiac and beer is a social lubricant, so combine the two and you've got the recipe for a perfect relationship. It could have been a lot worse if she hadn't come along, the two young fella's in that video clip you posted the other day might have been the rightful heirs to the compressor collection, and the beer fridge...... ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9240 on: November 07, 2015, 01:49:57 am »
Seafood and beer definately works mate.
I got the old Stihl chainsaw ticking over again today.
The centrifugal clutch had been making a #$%* of itself and all it needed was a good cleanout and some Zinc Oxide grease (White Grease) on the linkages and it loved it.

I remember when the ol' man would get the FC Holden serviced and the door hinges and striker plates and bonnet and boot hinges would get the White Grease treatment as part of the job.

Nowadays, these fcukas wouldn't know what the fcuk White Grease is and that pisses me off off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9241 on: November 07, 2015, 02:01:00 am »
Yeah mate, I worked in servo's from age 12 and back then, mechanics were skilled tradesmen, not just spare parts fitters like most mechanics are nowadays. I spent $1500 getting the roadworthy work done on my Subaru back in May, which included replacing leaking cam and crank seals, replacing the front sway bar bushings, etc.

When I put new Conti tyres on it last month, the tyre fitter berated me, telling me that it was pissing out oil, and one of the sway bar bushing bolts was missing completely! Yep, just another reason why I should have done the fcuking work myself........ ;D 

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9242 on: November 07, 2015, 02:05:47 am »
Well, I've been thinking about a side car for the Postie ever since Uncle Brian put the idea into my head................

This is probably the other end of the scale Mick, but it does look nice, for only a couple of gorilla's, I think your stumpy legged pooch would approve............. ;D

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sidecar-Kit-for-Original-Vespa-Piaggio-LX125-150-LXV-Sprint-made-by-scooter99-/262114093000?hash=item3d0737a7c8:g:Z0kAAOSwo0JWN2K3

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9243 on: November 07, 2015, 02:49:54 am »
Thanks mate, I like that sidecar.
Well, Santy will be here again soon, and seeing that I've been a good boy this year,  maybe, just maybe.

The bloody spokes still haven't arrived for the Postie yet and I've got a gut feeling that they've gone bush.
Impatience isn't helping and I'll give it until mid next week before a bit of noise gets made.

Just before the Stihl chainsaw got some attention today, I attacked the pool pump that blew its guts out last weekend.
A few years ago, the ol' mate Andre gave me a second hand electric motor as a backup.
Well, I powered the lad up on the bench to check it out and that was going good for 5 minutes until sh1t started flying all over the workshop.
The bloody plastic cooling fan exploded into bits and pieces and that was it.
Fcuk it.

So I dragged out the trusty Visa Card and ordered a new Onga pump online from the Pool and Spa Warehouse.
It's the auxillary pump for the waterfall so it wasn't a biggie or a show stopper.
What's another 480 bucks when there's still cold beer in the fridge.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9244 on: November 07, 2015, 03:21:36 am »
That's right Mick, Onga make the best pumps, and it's only money. Speaking of money, I did my tax last week, it's a PITA, but I don't trust agents after getting shafted several times at the hands of those wankers. If you're too dumb to be a motor mechanic, you'll probably become a tax agent. Anyhoo..........

So last financial year I was only employed for 10 months, but I didn't go on the dole, or sponge off the government at all, I dipped into my super, and so I wasn't expecting to get a fcuking bill for 2 thousand bucks, but the way the new "Easy Tax" website is set up, if you want to claim anything, you've gotta go looking for it, and it's not obvious. I finally found it, claimed what I was entitled to claim,  and suddenly the ATO owed me 400 bucks. Fcuking Krunts, I paid just under 30 grand in tax in 10 months, and the poofters didn't reckon that was enough? Arseholes..........

The ATO pisses me off........................ ;D 

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9245 on: November 07, 2015, 03:55:14 am »
I got Deloitte (accountants) to finalise all of my company stuff at the begining of this year.
I don't know why, but the fcukas had to make some adjustments for the previous 3 years of trading which in the end showed a negative amount on the balance sheet and that meant that the ATO got zero.

Well, I was a happy camper until I got their fcuking bill for 12 fcuking grand.
Yep, they must reckon that a blokes got a box of crack in the car boot that can be sold at the nightclub on a Friday night to cover costs.

So the next time I see a fcuking accountants BMW in the carpark, there's gonna be 4 inch nails hanging out of each tyre and a big steamy turd on the bonnet.
The thieving pricks.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9246 on: November 07, 2015, 04:13:00 pm »
Yeah Mick, those pricks suck balls.

I think I might have fallen in love again. No, not with a sheila, (or a bloke, not that there's anything wrong with that............) but when I was looking at sidecars for your CT110, I found this outfit on eBay, here in Melbourne, and I really like it.

I owned a Rolladoor a few years back and I wasn't impressed, but this thing is so well done, I can't help but like it. Problem is the wife will kill me if I buy it, and I don't have anywhere to park it. Oh wait, I still have that shed at Storage King in Canberra, there's plenty of room in it, and I've got a trailer now................ ;D

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Progressive-416-Shock-13-Chrome-Harley-XLH1200-Sportster-1200-1994-1995-/391308600229?hash=item5b1bcf63a5:g:ZngAAOSwl9BWNSgI

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9247 on: November 07, 2015, 05:57:46 pm »
Well, I've been thinking about a side car for the Postie ever since Uncle Brian put the idea into my head................

This is probably the other end of the scale Mick, but it does look nice, for only a couple of gorilla's, I think your stumpy legged pooch would approve............. ;D

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sidecar-Kit-for-Original-Vespa-Piaggio-LX125-150-LXV-Sprint-made-by-scooter99-/262114093000?hash=item3d0737a7c8:g:Z0kAAOSwo0JWN2K3

I've no doubt that unit would get the "Charlie" seal of approval. ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 06:01:07 pm by bear »

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9248 on: November 07, 2015, 05:59:02 pm »

I think I might have fallen in love again. No, not with a sheila, (or a bloke, not that there's anything wrong with that............) but when I was looking at sidecars for your CT110, I found this outfit on eBay, here in Melbourne, and I really like it.

I owned a Rolladoor a few years back and I wasn't impressed, but this thing is so well done, I can't help but like it. Problem is the wife will kill me if I buy it, and I don't have anywhere to park it. Oh wait, I still have that shed at Storage King in Canberra, there's plenty of room in it, and I've got a trailer now................ ;D

Fcuk my brown dog spot!
What have I started here? :o
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 06:03:04 pm by bear »

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #9249 on: November 07, 2015, 07:11:45 pm »
OK, I have a reason to be pissed off; the Chevy starter motor that spins the drum on my dyno so I can bump-start my kick-only 836 fragged today. >:(
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....