Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1385913 times)

Terry in Australia and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #9375 on: November 25, 2015, 05:54:11 pm »
Ich spreche Deutsch, mein Freund  ;) And I know modern history too...

You're that old, you know ancient history! ;D

Hey Mick, you've got a German wife, a german dog, surely you need a german bike? ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
« Reply #9376 on: November 25, 2015, 10:35:39 pm »
Just don't mention the war.
While you guys in northern hemi climes may not be venturing into your sheds or garages so much till spring, spare a thought for us poor aussies. Today it's too freakin'  hot to go out to the garage and that pisses me off today 'cos I need to prepare a bike for a VJMC display on Saturday. Its 40c with a stinkin hot westerly blowing away everything that's not tied down. We don't have aircon so its a bit warm inside. My computer shat itself last night trying to upgrade W10. I'm now using a tablet but it's not the same. Just been in the pool to cool off and have a cold beer or three. Every 1/2 hour or so I have to go out and spray the cockatiel with water so that he don't died of hyperthermia. That cats a flaked out from the heat (ragdolls) and they don't take kindly to a swim in the pool. Yep, it looks like a long hot summer. One plus is it seems too hot even for the firebugs to go out and play because that's what usually happens on days like this and the ash gets in the pool and that pisses me off too. BTW, I don't mind the heat in Darwin, its the really the wind making things so unpleasant here. And to think that 2 weeks ago we were in Melbourne complaining about the cold and rain. Two days later we were in Adelaide with hot winds and a gazillion flies. Then a few days later we were in Esperance (visited Stone Henge) the day the bush fires hit. What's with the weather lately?
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9377 on: November 25, 2015, 11:13:12 pm »
You must be happy now Krusty, the temp in Sydney's dropped to 25? Only 23 in Canberra now (was over 30 at lunch time) so I might have to go for a ride. (well, I was going for a ride anyway) ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline krusty

• Expert
« Reply #9378 on: November 25, 2015, 11:42:42 pm »
Yep, a southerly has kicked in a few minutes ago and dropped the temp a bit now. Computer is still dead. I did a back up a few days ago so that was timely.
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9379 on: November 25, 2015, 11:44:41 pm »
Geez, I've just counted Krusty's bikes, and I'm pissed off now, I thought my 8 bikes were a champion effort, but he's got 13! ;D

Offline krusty

• Expert
« Reply #9380 on: November 26, 2015, 12:34:53 am »
Well, to be honest Tez, there are a few more I haven't listed. Its been a while since I counted but its somewhere around 20. I've got 5 on club plates and one on full reg.
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9381 on: November 26, 2015, 12:36:06 am »
Fires in SA are horrific...lives lost, stock, homes...very bad. And it wasn't even a hot spell, just one or two days....that's a major piss off.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9382 on: November 26, 2015, 12:38:06 am »
Well, to be honest Tez, there are a few more I haven't listed. Its been a while since I counted but its somewhere around 20. I've got 5 on club plates and one on full reg.
Speaking to a bloke the other night....he's just downsized to 35, all 70s and a few 80s hondas....he pisses me off.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9383 on: November 26, 2015, 12:41:46 am »
Ich spreche Deutsch, mein Freund  ;) And I know modern history too...

You're that old, you know ancient history! ;D

Hey Mick, you've got a German wife, a german dog, surely you need a german bike? ;D
That's a good leverage point mate.
The missus likes all of that traditional German stuff which is all good so I really can't see an attempt at bonifide refusal being justified.
But then again.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9384 on: November 26, 2015, 03:50:07 am »
Go for it Mick, tell her you sold me that old CB750 chopper because you're trying to get rid of all your Jap bikes and replace them with pure Aryan stock, and er, nah, you better not..... ;D

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #9385 on: November 26, 2015, 05:27:09 am »
Geez, I've just counted Krusty's bikes, and I'm pissed off now...
Please pull your trousers up now, Terry. We know the way you count to 11 and beyond  >:(
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9386 on: November 26, 2015, 12:36:26 pm »
Is that your "pissed off" smiley, Cal? ;D

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #9387 on: November 26, 2015, 12:51:15 pm »
Aye, Sir. don't know if you blokes celebrate Thanksgiving there at the same time as we do here, but if so, Best regards to all you Down Underers!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9388 on: November 26, 2015, 02:36:49 pm »
Thanks mate, we don't celebrate it at all, which suits me as I hate Turkey! Not as much as Vladmir Putin ar the moment, but thats a whole nother story.... ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9389 on: November 26, 2015, 07:20:11 pm »
Go for it Mick, tell her you sold me that old CB750 chopper because you're trying to get rid of all your Jap bikes and replace them with pure Aryan stock, and er, nah, you better not..... ;D
I definitely need some "Boomer Room" in the shed.
The Postie bike is perched up on one of the work benches due to lack of floor space.

I can't decide what to do with the chopper and I only took it of this fellas hands to save his marriage after his missus gave him the ultimatum - The chopper goes or I go she said.
All I can say to that is that she would've been advised of the latter if she was my missus.

Maybe I should get it going as it just needs a top end birthday after the cam seized in it.
The engine case has been stamped "810" so there might be some goodies inside.
At least you can tear the top end down in the frame without having to rip the donk out of it.

Just another one of those jobs on the To Do list.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9390 on: November 27, 2015, 12:48:36 am »
That's a beautiful collection of "Fat Fours" Mick, it wasn't that long ago that I had a shed full of CB750's, but I think you'll remember  that I decided to "Thin the herd" a couple of years ago, so I sold off the K0, K2's (x2) F2, and enough bits to build a couple more.

Sadly that left me with enough cash to buy more bikes, and, er, I did, and I think I've got more bikes now than I did back then? Oh well, I might need to do another herd thinning exercise in the new year, but which bikes do I sell?

Anyway, while I ponder that, here's a pic I took last night when I went to visit my Sporty at the local Storage King. It really was "chalk and cheese" jumping off the big black Boomer and hopping on the little blue Sporty, while the Boomer is so smooth and refined, the Harley is raw and rough in comparison, but still great fun.

It did piss me off that I could only ride it around the compound, but in a few weeks I'll drag it back to Melbourne and get it registered. It's amazing to me that my new car has done more miles in less than 2 months than my Harley has in 21 years........... ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9391 on: November 27, 2015, 04:57:14 am »
The Boomer and the Hog look good together mate.
It's a good contrast for sure.

The youngest daughter graduated from primary school tonight and is all set to begin chapter 2 of life.
So the missus and myself left her at the ceromony with the other kids and teachers to their own device for a couple hours.

Anyway, we got home and fcuken Charlie is at large again.
I'm usually up and outa bed at around 5am and the last couple of mornings, he's been AWOL which is unusual for him.
He comes back home when it's tucker time and I reckon that he's out and about sniffing his new girlfriends tail.

If I fire up the Quad Bike, he'll come back when he hears it but I'll let him have another night of doggy lust.
He's as stubborn as a fcuken mule and he's gonna be pissed off when he gets back home and finds his tucker bowl empty.
Fcuk him.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Online vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #9392 on: November 27, 2015, 11:34:14 am »

The youngest daughter graduated from primary school tonight and is all set to begin chapter 2 of life.
So the missus and myself left her at the ceromony with the other kids and teachers to their own device for a couple hours.

Congrats to your daughter Mick.

Getting to the age when you'll need a shottie handy.

Kev

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #9393 on: November 27, 2015, 12:09:39 pm »
I never thought about daughters when I was getting married what a fool I was and yes there is a point were something that shreds young men is a good thought a Spa 12 I believe and the things they drag home Christ on a blue crutch for someone that won't touch things in a sink eeuuww it's gross, to dad meet Norbert the product of those things in the back of the fridge and in the sink mating and the thoughts running through your mind at the time you want to mate with that, God I'd better kill it now to save the human race, daughters they are such fun. I just wish they were born with taste.

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9394 on: November 27, 2015, 02:13:04 pm »
The joys of parenthood.  ;)
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9395 on: November 27, 2015, 02:53:35 pm »

Kev
Thanks Kev.
Seeing the "kids" all dressed up in their nice clothes with their hair done and makeup on etc is a reality check.
Even the young fellas polished up quite well too and their behaviour on display last night was a complete turnaround from what has previously been observed.

The good thing is that I've got 2 shotties in the gun safe if required.
If the time did come to exert some influence on a wayward youth, I would be kind enough to give them the choice of which one they'd like to receive a blast of buck shot fair up the arse from.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9396 on: November 27, 2015, 03:41:15 pm »

Kev
Thanks Kev.
Seeing the "kids" all dressed up in their nice clothes with their hair done and makeup on etc is a reality check.
Even the young fellas polished up quite well too and their behaviour on display last night was a complete turnaround from what has previously been observed.

The good thing is that I've got 2 shotties in the gun safe if required.
If the time did come to exert some influence on a wayward youth, I would be kind enough to give them the choice of which one they'd like to receive a blast of buck shot fair up the arse from.  ;D
Haha, that'd be the type of wayward youth you were then  ;D
That's the trouble, we know what we were like, and we don't want daughters hanging around with our types!
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9397 on: November 27, 2015, 03:46:25 pm »
I always say this Pete - It's better the devil know than the devil you don't know.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline martin99

• UK Based, Non-
  • Master
  • Adventure before Dementia
« Reply #9398 on: November 27, 2015, 04:18:00 pm »

Kev

I've been taking the piss out of my sixteen year old daughter for the past few weeks because she's got herself her first boyfriend and she's been all coy about it. I've been asking her when will I get to see him because I intend to scare the sh1t out of him and she's been telling me never in a million years. Well today she had a gathering of her mates at our house, the missus and I visited the outlaws so as not to get in her way. When we got home the daughter is sitting there with her 17 yr old lad, all 6' 2" and twelve stone of him. Seems like a really nice young fella, but I doubt very much that he's intimidated by me and that pisses me off!
Build threads:
77 750F2 Refresh Project http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=144075.0
TRIBSA http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,160296.0.html

1977 CB750 F2
1958 Norton Model 99
2011 Triumph Street Triple 675

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #9399 on: November 27, 2015, 04:23:40 pm »
No fear, Martin. Youth and sinful intentions is no match for Age and Treachery  ;)