Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1386134 times)

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #9425 on: November 28, 2015, 06:51:54 pm »
Ha ha, thats one sad looking pooch Mick, but it could have been worse, you could have had him spaded....... ;D
Damn Aussies making up their own version of English! Spayed, Terry, "spaded" is what we do to Mothers in Law  ;)  ;D ;D

Ha ha, poor Cal, so desperate to find a chink in the Spelling Nazi's armour. Coming from a country that has deliberately misspelled "proper" English since 1776, I'm surprised that you'd noticed? Anyway, well done, give yourself a pat on the back mate. ;D   
No need to get your knickers in a twist, Terry, I know it was an oversight, I just wanted to be sure you weren't planning on putting poor Charlie in the garden under the potatoes simply because he's running off down the street for a piece of tail  :D Haven't we all done that many times ourselves?
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
« Reply #9427 on: November 28, 2015, 10:07:58 pm »
Stripping my Goldwing down for a paint job is really pissing me off. All I'm doing is taking all the trim off it so all the painter has to do is sand it and paint the pieces but I've already got a box full of hinges, latches, trim and so on and I haven't even started taking the front fairing apart yet. I've got everything labeled and in bags but it's still going to be a jigsaw puzzle putting it back together. If I'm able to get the Interstate looking good again then the 750 will be a breeze.
I knew a guy in Wyoming that had his old Goldwing all tore down and got it painted. I remember it was a heap of work and it looked really nice when he got it all together. On his maiden voyage he stopped at the end of a driveway and put his foot down on the dirt shoulder. He put his foot down in a sink hole and broke his leg! That killed his season and pissed him off but good!
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......

Offline rickman750

« Reply #9428 on: November 28, 2015, 11:22:33 pm »
My good paying IT infrastructure project management gig ended. Now I work as a Trades Assistant in a motorcycle repair shop. I can't afford to put money into my bikes.
My TS 250X needs a little attention to get it ready for the coming vintage enduro season.
My K2 750 needs something done on the carbs.
My aircooled RD350 needs a LOT of work.

I'm generally pissed off.

On the plus side, my boss gave me an early Christmas present of a really nice Thor compression suit so I don't wreck my shoulder (again!) when I crash. Wife gave me an 18" rear wheel (new rim) for my TS!

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #9429 on: November 29, 2015, 12:08:17 pm »
I've been a humpy headed basta**d for two weeks past.

Sorry. there is a reason.

Please do not provide me with a weapon. We are working this peacefully. #$%* but we are tired here.

Kev

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9430 on: November 29, 2015, 12:54:12 pm »

Please do not provide me with a weapon. We are working this peacefully. #$%* but we are tired here.

Kev
There is really no reason for you to be apologizing Kev, we can't imagine the stress and sadness you guys are feeling. If it had happened here we'd be the same. Take care.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9431 on: November 29, 2015, 01:09:29 pm »
Well, it looks as if the threat of spending the night on the end of a chain gave Charlie something to think about.
He got the benefit of the doubt and was a good boy and stayed home instead of doing another tour of duty.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #9432 on: November 29, 2015, 03:05:09 pm »

Kev
There is really no reason for you to be apologizing Kev, we can't imagine the stress and sadness you guys are feeling. If it had happened here we'd be the same. Take care.

Thanks Pete. It's bizarre how in the school system here we are required to help the students come to terms with this stuff. I'm talking about the Collège I work in, not the lycée, so nippers basically, 12 to 15 years old. At home they are either being told nothing or a load of crap, either way the poor mites are coming to school bewildered. Now, I have it easy, I'm only the funny old grey haired bugger who fixes the computers, but goodness, kids stop me in the yard and ask tough questions in childish English where clearly they are not getting the answers they need.

I wish I could say in my childish French that we will kick the cr0p outta these buggahs, but I can't.

The loss of innocence is the biggest casuality in these attacks. And well the cnuts who did this knew that fact.

Feck your seven virgins, I'd like to kick seven bells out of you.

However, I'm going back into work tomorrow, early, and feck it, if I can do more than my job description asks I'll be there. Just don't give me a weapon. Coz I could use one with effect.

Kev

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #9433 on: November 29, 2015, 10:51:49 pm »
I just heard (on the news) that the Shane Warne Foundation absorbes 84% of all donations in "Administration Costs". That means that for every 100 dollars donated, only 16 dollars actually finds it's way to the intended recipients.

Some of the "Admin costs" include sending Shane Warne around the world to enter poker tournaments. Sounds like charities are good businesses to get into, I think I better start one..............  ::)
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9434 on: November 29, 2015, 11:18:09 pm »
He's a knob, but he has vehemently denied the accusations and figures, and I believe taking legal action against the journalist...but of course he would do that. I'm not sure who to believe at this point, but where there's smoke.....
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9435 on: November 30, 2015, 12:13:32 am »
Yeah mate, the accountants are doing an audit now, but apparently no laws have been broken, as there's no actual percentage of donations that must be passed onto the charity's recipients? That's why the Red Cross has gotten away with it forever..... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9436 on: November 30, 2015, 12:58:53 am »
And Mission....
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #9437 on: November 30, 2015, 01:01:22 am »
He's a knob, but he has vehemently denied the accusations and figures, and I believe taking legal action against the journalist...but of course he would do that. I'm not sure who to believe at this point, but where there's smoke.....

Its all bull#$%* Peter, one journalist made these claims, his charity has donated over 4.1 million to the kids that the charity is set up for, apparently its not even under investigation, and is only legally required to stay above 4 cents in the dollars in donations anyway. FFS, if he wasn't doing what he's doing those kids would be 4 million dollars worse off... The fcuking media are a joke..Now, I'm pissed off because my sister in law died from cancer on Friday, we are going over to see the family at Christmas and she just couldn't hang on, then to make matters worse, a good friend of mine from my cricketing days, a guy a see regularly and a real top bloke has just been diagnosed as "riddled with cancer".....Fcuking cancer pisses me off, it robs you of good friends and family and there's fcuk all you can do about it... >:(
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9438 on: November 30, 2015, 02:19:13 am »
Sorry to hear about your sister in law and your mate Mick, what a sad thing to happen so close to Christmas. Two of my army friends had heart attacks last week, but luckily both survived, both were younger than me.

This might be a media beat up, but I did a quick google search and all the major news services are reporting it, with Consumer affairs confirming that they are indeed conducting an investigation into the Shane Warne Foundation. Cheers, Terry.

"Consumer Affairs Victoria confirmed via a statement to The Sunday Age they are conducting an investigation into the foundation, which was in direct conflict with comments made by the foundation’s general manager.
"Consumer Affairs Victoria is concerned about a number of inconsistencies in The Shane Warne Foundation's reporting and accounting practices and is looking into this matter," a spokeswoman for the regulator said."

http://www.smh.com.au/business/shane-warnes-charity-under-investigation-20151113-gkylcn.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-14/shane-warne-charity-under-investigation/6941516

http://www.smh.com.au/business/shane-warne-foundation-sought-to-block-release-of-records-by-regulator-20151128-glaer2.html

http://www.sportal.com.au/cricket/news/warnes-charity-foundation-under-investigation/1evat3fszflh41bnyxj19futgm

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #9439 on: November 30, 2015, 03:52:21 am »
Sorry to hear about your sister in law and your mate Mick, what a sad thing to happen so close to Christmas. Two of my army friends had heart attacks last week, but luckily both survived, both were younger than me.

Thanks Terry, one more for the bad list, my old Physiotherapist Sid Jones died last week too, he was working on a friend of a friend and had a massive heart attack and died, they performed CPR on him but there was nothing anyone could do, he was a strapping big man and well known and liked, his hands left bruises on you after he'd finished working on you, but after the initial pain you always felt better for it..

Warnies Charity isn't your regular "throw some money in a tin" type charity, he puts on big events like the cricket match he just put on in the USA, whats left over gets donated, I wasn't trying to stick up for him, my point is that in the last 11 years he's donated over 4 million dollars and the media would rather drag him down, like they do to anyone famous in this country. After bedding Liz Hurley for a year or two he should have been knighted... ;D :o
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9440 on: November 30, 2015, 01:12:58 pm »
I think what pisses people off is when they donate cash and then see executives living the high life....I understand they have the right to earn a living, and there's no doubting the good being done (I have run quite a few charity events on a voluntary basis so see it first hand), but they get pissed if their donations don't get to the needy, and perhaps forget the inevitable  costs involved in the collection process....however it has to be seen that the larger cut of the collection goes to the ones that need it, not lining the pockets of a high flyer.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #9441 on: November 30, 2015, 01:45:33 pm »
I think what pisses people off is when they donate cash and then see executives living the high life....I understand they have the right to earn a living, and there's no doubting the good being done (I have run quite a few charity events on a voluntary basis so see it first hand), but they get pissed if their donations don't get to the needy, and perhaps forget the inevitable  costs involved in the collection process....however it has to be seen that the larger cut of the collection goes to the ones that need it, not lining the pockets of a high flyer.

I completely get it Peter, I've also been involved in fundraisers at sporting clubs, school, surf lifesaving and for Transplant Australia, what most people don't understand is how much it would cost to host an international event, or something similar, I think most of Warne's Money comes from people paying to see a spectacle or event, I think thats a bit different to just sending in money through a telethon or any other pure donation style fund raiser...  ;)  In this case, regardless of whats been reported so far, Warne's donations are at least 4 times what his legal minimum requirement is, he can't claim tax rebates for losses so whats it all really about...?  I haven't seen any accusations that Warnie is lining his own pockets, thats news to me... People seem only happy these days if there's something to be outraged about....I think generally, the country is getting dumber... ::)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9442 on: November 30, 2015, 06:13:23 pm »

I completely get it Peter, I've also been involved in fundraisers at sporting clubs, school, surf lifesaving and for Transplant Australia, what most people don't understand is how much it would cost to host an international event, or something similar, I think most of Warne's Money comes from people paying to see a spectacle or event, I think thats a bit different to just sending in money through a telethon or any other pure donation style fund raiser...  ;)  In this case, regardless of whats been reported so far, Warne's donations are at least 4 times what his legal minimum requirement is, he can't claim tax rebates for losses so whats it all really about...?  I haven't seen any accusations that Warnie is lining his own pockets, thats news to me... People seem only happy these days if there's something to be outraged about....I think generally, the country is getting dumber... ::)
And media that loves to sensationalize....a nice juicy story to stir things up......

My comment about lining pockets wasn't so much about him....more directed at the likes of the Mission ceo....you oughta see how much he pockets....
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
« Reply #9443 on: November 30, 2015, 06:29:41 pm »
Sounds like the California Lottery that was set up to aid education. I'd be surprised if a nickel of every dollar went to the schools. I don't know who this education dude is but you can bet he don't take the bus!
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9444 on: November 30, 2015, 11:24:14 pm »
I read somewhere that the only charities in the world that pass on 100% of donations is the Lion's Club, and Rotary. That's probably why they're not big players in the charity industry, they don't spend a lot of people's donations promoting themselves like so many of these big charities you see constantly advertising on TV and in the newspapers etc.

My youngest son reckon's Warnie's a good bloke, Tim worked on the production crew for the latest "Advanced Hair" adverts that Warnie was doing, and he reckons he's a really nice, down to earth bloke. That doesn't mean that he hasn't made a few clangers over the years, but for someone who's only really good at one thing, has had very little education, and has spent so much of his life in the spotlight, he hasn't done too bad.

The fact that he bagged Liz Hurley just elevates him that much higher in my opinion. I still enjoy watching "Bedazzled" whenever I can, while generally I hate remakes and am a huge fan of Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, for some reason I prefer the Hurley version? Cheers, Terry. ;D 

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9445 on: November 30, 2015, 11:48:23 pm »
Oooher, and I forgot that I'm pissed off today. Ever since Mick posted the ebay ad for that red BMW R1100GS with the Ohlins shockers, I've had fancy shocker envy.

Now I couldn't justify spending close to $3K on a pair of Ohlins shocks for a bike I only paid $3K for, so I looked around for some cheaper, but still good quality items, so I emailed Ikon suspension here in Oz, and they emailed me back a quote for $1300 for a pair of their top quality 3214 series shocks.

http://www.ikonsuspension.com/product/3214-series-shock-absorbers/ 

Of course I broke out the plastic, and they'll be under the tree in time for Christmas. But then I remembered that I needed a set of rear shockers for the Harley Sportster too, the "shorty" shocks are unnecessary for me with my beautiful long legs, so for the sake of some more travel and less harsh bottoming over bumps, I wanted some longer shockers.

Trouble is, I can't afford some really gucci Ohlins or even Ikons this time, so I did an ebay search and found some new YSS shocks which look the part. I've only ever had YSS "Bravo's" before and they were less than beaut, but these one's look a bit better, and at a couple of inches longer than the ones on the bike now, should make a big difference. If not, I'll have another reason to be pissed off......... ;D

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/231675546362?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

Offline DWS

• Enthusiast
  • Treat others as you would like to be treated .
« Reply #9446 on: December 02, 2015, 07:34:22 pm »
Wow, let me know how there are will you?
Always looking for friends.

78CB750F3
PD 42A with original breadbox
4 into 1
valves adjusted to .003 (intake and exhaust) ( as was suggested for cooling )
slow jets#35 Main #110
 turned out to 1.5 some paper work says 1.75
4800 feet altitude

78 Honda CB 750 F3 Restoring now(Almost done)
BSA MX 50 Next
BSA b50T Parts

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9447 on: December 03, 2015, 12:58:35 am »
Ha ha, no worries mate, I'm a little pissed off with myself today because I let the Ikon saleswoman talk me into spending another 660 bucks on a pair of Ikon shocks for the Sportster that I may or may not need, but I felt guilty for cheaping out on it and buying the YSS shocks, so we'll see which ones actually go on the bike, and which ones go on eBay............ Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9448 on: December 03, 2015, 01:57:14 am »
Those Ikons on the Boomer will be good Terry.
3 Gorillas for Ohlins would be hard to justify for sure.

Anyway, the Postie front wheel is finished now.
I fitted some new rubber to it on Saturday afternoon and the bloody sweat was flowing out with this heat up here at the moment.
Just as the last section of tyre was going onto the rim, one of the tyre levers slipped out of my sweaty mit and scratched the nice new black paint job on the front hub.
You fcukendirty#$%*.
I should've chucked a couple of rags over it first with the benefit of hindsight.
So then it was time to crack a nice cold beer and poor some amber liquid down my neck.

Then I got some fine wet 'n dry paper and gave it a slight scuff up and smoothed over the scratched area on the hub, made up a cardboard template to cover the spokes and gave it a couple of coats of VHT Satin Black Engine Enamel.

Well, it came up pretty good but I was pissed off when that tyre lever slipped.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9449 on: December 03, 2015, 08:35:03 am »
Well done Mick, pissed-offness is the mother of invention! Yeah, I'm really looking forward to riding many miles on the big black Boomer with the new shocks, while I can't notice anything particularly wrong with the way it handles now, the remote damping knob on the 20 year old rear shock is seized from all that beaut Frankston salt air, so it pisses me off that I can't change the settings, plus I've never put new shocks on a bike and didn't notice a difference. I think the most noticable difference will be on the Harley though, the shockers that are on it are shocking! Cheers, Terry. ;D