Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1387971 times)

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #7475 on: March 30, 2015, 04:56:04 am »
That's one hell of a sleeper Terry, I hope you have the granny-spec sheep skin steering wheel cover on it ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline FrankenFrankenstuff

• Master
    • FrankenBike Stuff Store
« Reply #7476 on: March 30, 2015, 10:24:05 am »
First tick bite of the season....knowing it won't be the last pisses me off.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #7477 on: March 31, 2015, 12:57:49 am »
That's one hell of a sleeper Terry, I hope you have the granny-spec sheep skin steering wheel cover on it ;D

Ha ha, thanks Andrew, I've removed a lot of the "P Plater" cues since I bought it, the only real giveaways to it's being a little different now are the boost gauge and bonnet scoop, both of which are probably necessary, so they'll have to stay.

I think I'll remove the Momo steering wheel, which, while a factory option of the era, looks a bit crappy so a more standard looking one from my new pals at "pick a Part" will be the go. If they've got a nice fluffy steering wheel cover there as well, I'll take it! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #7478 on: March 31, 2015, 05:31:15 am »
First tick bite of the season....knowing it won't be the last pisses me off.

That would be enough to tick me off!
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7479 on: April 01, 2015, 12:40:26 am »
Well, we've sold our house....
What pisses me off is that we're now "homeless"....until we can find a place we're both happy with....hopefully before settlement on 27th May when we need to be out....or we'll have to rent until we do. Interesting times.... :o
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #7480 on: April 01, 2015, 03:21:35 am »
Having done a few times I can truthfully say I hate moving, I feel for you.
Bill the demon.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #7481 on: April 01, 2015, 03:30:38 am »
Bill the demon.

+1 to that, the thing I hate the most would have to be moving house.  Now we have bought a couple of years ago, I have no intention of moving any time soon.
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7482 on: April 01, 2015, 03:37:48 am »
Bill the demon.

+1 to that, the thing I hate the most would have to be moving house.  Now we have bought a couple of years ago, I have no intention of moving any time soon.
I said that 6 years ago when we built this one...but... :o
We did get rid of a lot of sh1t last time, so a move isn't going to be too daunting.
We are doing the opposite to what people our age normally do....we're moving from the coast back to the city....just gotta find a place that ticks the boxes...it'll happen, no point getting too stressed over it. Have looked at a couple of places, the search continues.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #7483 on: April 01, 2015, 03:57:40 am »
Bill the demon.

Same here.  We have a saying that it's better to burn the house down than to move :)

We went Prague - Maryland, moved twice in MD and finally bought place in Virginia and it sure would take a lot of effort to move now after all those years.

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
« Reply #7484 on: April 01, 2015, 08:45:36 am »
Well it's the standard thing isn't it, wife says lets start getting rid of all the garbage/useless stuff I say nothing then when it's time to pack why are you taking that? uhh because it's bright and shiny or at least only a little but rusty and I might need it in the future uh sentimental value uh it would violate the commands of my religion to leave it in fact if I leave it I prophesize that we'll need one so I leave it and 10 years down the road I need it. Ahh well, so it goes
Bill the demon.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7485 on: April 02, 2015, 02:04:18 am »
I wouldn't be too worried about moving house because I'd love to rent a big skip bin and tip half of the house's contents straight into it, I've got a 4 bedroom house but the "spare" room, back hallway and any other unused space is full of crap that the wife and kids have shoved in there over the 14 years we've been here, that has absolutely no value, not even sentimental.

On the other hand, my garage is so chockers with motorcycles, machinery and parts that it would take longer to move my garage than my house, and I would have a real problem if I had to thin out the collection. To be honest, I don't want to move again, I moved every few years when I was in the Army, and it pissed me off.

Hey Pete, have you thought about a retirement village? No, I'm not taking the piss mate, I've driven past a few here in Melbourne and they're all "Gated" communities with nice new smaller homes designed for older folks with most of the facilities and services either on site, or close by. I know a lot of "Seniors" (have you got your Seniors Card yet?) have a negative emotional response to the thought of retirement villages, but lets face it, none of us are getting any younger, and the last thing you want is to have to move again in another 5 or 6 years when you're even more frail and incontinent than you are now? If you don't have enough space to park all your toys, you could probably park your bikes at a secure self storage place?

As long as your retirement village doesn't have a commanding view of a cemetery like one here in the northern suburbs, it'd be quite "liveable", I'd reckon? Cheers, Terry. ;D 
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7486 on: April 02, 2015, 03:14:59 pm »

Hey Pete, have you thought about a retirement village? Cheers, Terry. ;D

Mate, the last thing I would want to do is be surrounded by old (or older) farts like me.....I like being in a mix of people and actually enjoy the company of many younger people....I like the way they help me keep young ideas and a fresh outlook on things. I even like most of the music (only ever listen to jjj).
I speak to a lot of people every day, some who are only a couple of years different to me, and I'm amazed how old some them sound and how fkn sad they sound, I never want to be like that. Fk me, one the other day was 4 years younger than me and he was calling me "son" and saying things like "when you get to my age..."ffs.
Living in Victor for the last 7 years I am very familiar with retirement villages....the main one is nicknamed jurassic park, the other death valley.....for obvious reasons.
No, it's not for me....you can imagine the reaction of most of them to the bikes moving in.....and the problem with storing them elsewhere is when you need to clean or repair them, a lot of storage places won't allow it, and if I had to go and get one just for a ride or cleaning I might just think it's too hard. And then there's the mini too.
We're looking at townhouses in the city or inner suburbs, yes with gated entry in groups of 4 to 10 sort of thing, double garages, but owned individually by a variety of people....hopefully the occasional hot young lonely milf whose bedroom window faces mine and she leaves her curtains open....haha, maybe I've seen too many movies  :-[
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #7487 on: April 02, 2015, 03:36:54 pm »
I finally decided to bring my welding helmet home from work to give it a good cleaning. I was getting pissed that every time I'd put the helmet on to weld something my head and face would be dirtier when I took the helmet off than when I first put it on.  :o
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7488 on: April 02, 2015, 05:27:58 pm »

Mate, the last thing I would want to do is be surrounded by old (or older) farts like me.....

Ha ha, fair enough mate, and you're right about hanging out with old farts, the conversations usually centre around their  medical conditions, and whose dropped off the perch lately etc. Good luck with the milf fantasy though mate, I mean, well, you're not getting any younger.............. ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7489 on: April 02, 2015, 08:13:13 pm »

Mate, the last thing I would want to do is be surrounded by old (or older) farts like me.....

Ha ha, fair enough mate, and you're right about hanging out with old farts, the conversations usually centre around their  medical conditions, and whose dropped off the perch lately etc. Good luck with the milf fantasy though mate, I mean, well, you're not getting any younger.............. ;D

Yeh, and that pisses me off!
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #7490 on: April 03, 2015, 04:55:42 am »
Well, I've been to Clare in Sth Oz for my nephews wedding and back home in Darwin now.
It's a bloody nice place there.
The wedding was outside near the Golf Course and the reception was held at the Clare Golf Club.
It was a good night.

Apparently, we broke the record for the amount of alcohol that has ever been consumed in one evening according to the manager
and I did tell him that we didn't go there to get a bloody haircut.

So, by midnight, we got our marching orders because the fridges were empty.
We stayed at the Clare Country Club which is only a stones throw away from the Golf Club, so we headed back over there to have a night cap before hitting the fart sack.

I guess that it must have been around about 2:00am and I cruised over to our room from my brothers place to get the bed ready for my daughter.
Being fully suited still with a pair of flash boots on, off I went.
As I stepped over the kerbing, I caught the tip of my flash boots on the kerbing and went arse up and smashed my head into the concrete footpath.
FCUK
Next thing, there's claret pouring out of my head and I didn't know what the fcuk was going on for about 10 seconds.

So, up I got and held this gash in my head with blood filling up the sleeve in my suit coat.
FCUK.

Well, I had to make a move outa there and get some help because I was fcuked by then.
Anyway, long story short, my sister went and woke Mum up who's 76 and used to be a nurse.
I told her that I was happy just to have a couple of band aids and a drink of cold piss and she said - Head Injury - Hospital.
You don't argue with Mums as you'd know.

So, off to Clare hospital at about 3:00am to get some surgery.
The ol' Doc shoved 8 stitches in my head after a shot of anaesthetic and adrenalin.
Then he gave me a couple of Panadine Forte and a script for some antibiotics and some other pain killers.

His advise was not to consume any alcohol while taking these prescribed drugs or else I might end up on life support.
I told him that I was always of the belief that alcohol was life support but he didn't take too kindly to that.

Anyway, Pics or it didn't happen.
WARNING
If ya don't like blood 'n guts, don't continue.  ;D
BEFORE THE DRUGS

AFTER THE DRUGS

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Online calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #7491 on: April 03, 2015, 05:04:48 am »
Chicks dig scars, Mick! Can't say much else about the mug below the scar, but it might help in distracting them... ;)

Good to see you're well and that lights didn't get knocked out of you. How's the kerb?

Pisses me off that you're better looking with a scar than I am without-
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:09:28 am by calj737 »
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
« Reply #7492 on: April 03, 2015, 06:32:14 am »
Holy #$%* sport, you did a number on yourself.  Cal is right,, are they going to charge for the repairs to the curb? Any how take care. I think your loaf is going to be a bit tender for the foreseeable future.
Bill the demon.

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #7493 on: April 03, 2015, 12:23:04 pm »
". . . . a couple of band aids and a drink of cold piss . . . . " sure thing Mick, that would have made the job Oxo !!

Sorry to hear of your woes, but how much did you put away that session ??? You will dine out on that scar for quite a while.

Take care mate,

Kev

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7494 on: April 03, 2015, 01:43:45 pm »
FK ME DEAD Mick....you've done a good job on that :o
Those finely chiseled good looks will sport a bit of a battle scar from now on, but I think you need to change your story......like you were defending your honour after a drunken Clare yobbo started taking the piss out of your new boots and bag of fruit, so you took him outside and sorted him out.....then you could be saying "you should see the other guy!"
Take care of it mate!
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #7495 on: April 03, 2015, 04:07:19 pm »
So tell us Mick, what did you really say to the missus...?    ;D ;D :o
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7496 on: April 03, 2015, 04:23:40 pm »
Geez Mick, it looks like someone kicked the siht out of you, and that was before you fell over! Anyway, I'm glad you survived, I've heard of guys doing the same thing and not waking up. Good thing is you got thru the wedding reception and emptied the fridges before you went kunt up! Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #7497 on: April 03, 2015, 10:07:20 pm »
Mick, your face-plant looks worse than my last one! :o
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #7498 on: April 03, 2015, 11:11:56 pm »
I think it might be time Mick and Scottly got off the piss. ::)

Cheers,
Brian
The older I get the faster I was.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7499 on: April 04, 2015, 03:55:12 pm »
I beg to differ Brian. Neither of their injuries should be used to deride the wonders of everyone's friend, good old alcohol, but rather, the evil common denominator, gravity.

As we all know, gravity sucks, and gravity is always looking for new ways to hurt the poor unsuspecting souls who fall (pun intended) foul of it's evil agenda. If we're going to ban anything, lets all rise up (pun intended) and ban gravity! Gravity pisses me off............... ;D