Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1387956 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #7525 on: April 07, 2015, 10:15:53 pm »
Ha ha, when my dad's dementia got real bad he was constantly falling off his bed so the nursing staff put a special helmet on his head, which really pissed the poor old bugger off.

If I ever get that bad, I'm happy for anyone to give me the "Tontine Treatment", as a nursing home staff member I know refers to helping our seniors make their way to Valhalla......... ;D 
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #7526 on: April 08, 2015, 03:40:11 am »
That's a consideration Terrence I do a check list every morning and if it get's to the top of the spiral   and I think if there is no other way It may be sell the house hire a really good hooker and #$%* myself to death. Rather than the nursing home, and I have seen some that would have done Dr Mengele proud, rather than that I would take the ice flow's no I'd have to find a desert I hate being cold now  days. I think it's time to move on to a cheery topic like cleaning the bog this morning.
(bog=toilette for the un-intiated).
Bill the demon.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7527 on: April 08, 2015, 04:29:35 am »
G'Day Bill, yep, I understand what you mean, (about cleaning the crapper, and Dementia, both of which piss me off) and the worst thing for my dad was that he wasn't able to make the decision to be put into a nursing home.

He was taken from his own home where he'd been spent the happiest years of his life with my Ma, and was put in a small antiseptic smelling room with just a bed, a wardrobe, and a chair. He didn't know anyone there, he had nothing to do, and because of the dementia he couldn't understand why he was there, he was really angry, and really frightened. I'd never seen him frightened before, and I didn't like it.

It wasn't anyone's fault, at 86 Ma couldn't look after him, he was continually falling over and wasn't able to pick himself up,  so the decision was made for him by his doctor. It broke my heart to see him like that and I still feel guilty for not doing more for him, but I know that there was nothing more that anyone could do for him, apart from visiting him as often as we could.

In the end my grief was balanced by my relief that his suffering was over. It fcuking sucks that you can't just get put to sleep like my poor old cat Lucy was a couple of weeks ago, surrounded by your friends and family, not lingering in a drug addled coma until you finally draw your last rattling breath on your own in the middle of the night, with no-one to see you off.

I just hope that by the time I get to that stage, our respective governments will have grown some balls and given us some choice in how we want to leave our mortal coils, and treat us with a little dignity. Watching your loved ones spending their last days in misery sincerely pisses me off................. 
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7528 on: April 08, 2015, 05:04:09 am »
Spot on Tez.
Your dad's situation was very similar to my mum's. The dear old chook died alone in her nursing home room, never having understood why she was there and crying herself to sleep most nights. It really rocks your boat when you walk into the nursing home and hear a woman wailing and sobbing. ...then realize it's your own mum, who looked after you, fed you, understood you when others, including your father, didn't. How I miss those silly little nonsensical chats we would have at her bedside, and how her face lit up when I visited. Fukc, it pisses me off. I never want to end up like that.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:17:46 am by petercb750 »
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
« Reply #7529 on: April 08, 2015, 05:40:42 am »
Well aside from the gov telling me it's a crime to off my self (which if you think about it the funniest thing that they can do) I mean what's my punishment. I think the guilt that goes along with the beloved parent in the institution is the toughest bit, we as a people and I mean humanity have for one thing or another have managed to #$%* up "Death" so badly that there is dammed little chance that the survivors won't be scarred for the rest of their existence. I don't know who the experience benefits except for our spiritual leaders so maybe it's time for independent types like ourselves to say #$%* it I'm not doing that, I'll liberate my family. I don't know, but I'll bend my warped and odd intellect to the answer and will post it to the forum if any thing useful comes out.
Bill.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7530 on: April 09, 2015, 04:33:12 am »
Wow, the artificially inflated US dollar pisses me off today, how the hell is the USD worth 30% more than the Pacific Peso?

I've just bought a minty 1998 Ford Exploder which of course was "Born in the USA" meaning that there are literally tons of shiny new parts available for it from the US, the only limiting factor being the crappy exchange rate.

There is very little I need for my new toy, but the PO poked his finger thru the steering wheel mounted cruise control pad (which has gone brittle over the years) and while it still works fine, it detracts from the overall condition so I did an ebay search for new cruise control switches, and found new genuine Motocraft items for 79 bucks (US) with only 20 bucks (US) for shipping to Mother Oz. But by the time this was converted to Aussie dollars, it was up to 130.00. I still bought it of course, but bloody hell, what a joke! 

I can still remember a couple of years ago when an Aussie dollar was worth $1.10 US, so what's happened to reverse that? Is the GFC all but forgotten now, and there's a chicken in every US pot? I fcuking doubt it, and that pisses me off! ;D   

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #7531 on: April 09, 2015, 04:43:47 am »
Terry, I thought you had taste in cars, I can't believe you bought an Exploder.  What are the bottom ball joints like? If they are crook, which most are, they cost more than the car is worth if you can even buy them here, everytime I have tried to buy them they have been out of stock Australia wide, with like a 6 month lead time.  The ball joint is one piece with the lower arm, one of the stupidest ideas out of the Ford factory.
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7532 on: April 09, 2015, 05:12:52 am »
Ha ha, well I never claimed to have taste in anything, but hopefully they're fine Andrew, it passed a roadworthy 7 months ago, (and I need to get another one next week) and it drives like a new car.

What's wrong with my beautiful Exploder though? Luckily it's not the early SOHC engine with the crappy chain tensioners that break requiring the engine to be pulled out to fix 'em, my transmission is good, and (unlike most of my bikes and cars) the PO's have all looked after it, it's in minty condition.

Oh, and it was cheap, just like me............ ;D

Edit. I just did a check and those ball joints don't seem too expensive? (if you don't look at the shipping................)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Auto-SH61040-Suspension-Control-Arm-and-Ball-Joint-Assembly-/261109182139?fits=Year%3A1998%7CMake%3AFord%7CModel%3AExplorer&hash=item3ccb51eebb

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:16:13 am by Terry in Australia »

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #7533 on: April 09, 2015, 05:39:26 am »
Terry, if they are good then you're lucky, the problem is you can't grease them. That's not bad on price, over here they were over $600 each last time I bought a set. That one in the link looks like the top arm though, which isn't normally too bad on price here. ;D
1979 CB650Z

• Really Old Timer ...

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #7535 on: April 10, 2015, 02:54:24 am »
That ball joint looks just like a falcon one, might not be too bad then ;D
1979 CB650Z

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #7536 on: April 10, 2015, 03:34:50 am »
Well the boss gave me an RDO today because I've been a very good boy and I thought sh1t hot.
The Dry Season is starting to kick in and the weather was perfect today.

My youngest daughter is on school holidays and it was good to spend some time together getting the vege garden ready for this years crop.
We went to Bunnings and bought a new wheelbarrow with a poly tub for 54 bucks that you have to assemble yourself.

So down in the shed we were with the bikes and spanners and the wheelbarrow kit.
Anyway, as to be expected, none of the fcuking bolt holes lined up and this fcuking wheelbarrow assembly job turned into a fight till the death.

I was nearly ready to burn the #$%*.
So as a last resort, out came my favourite hammer and after a few good hits, this fcuking poofter chinese wheelbarrow submitted after some friendly coercion.

Jobs right now but I was getting fairly pissed off with it.  ;D

URL=http://s582.photobucket.com/user/mick7504/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150410_081108_zpso9ri0x6d.jpg.html][/URL]

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7537 on: April 10, 2015, 04:26:24 am »
So today we bought another house. Managed to get settlement same day as settlement on our current house, so move out and move in on same day. Bang. And I happen to have holidays booked that week, which fits perfectly. It's even within walking distance from my work...just slightly different to the 100 mile daily round trip I've been doing for 18mths.
So we're heading to the big smoke at the end of May.
House needs some renovations, but got it at a good price which leaves plenty of cash for that.....looking forward to putting our own stamp on the place. Garage even has a pit. Happy days.
I'm struggling to find anything to be pissed off about.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
« Reply #7538 on: April 10, 2015, 04:38:46 am »
How's your head Mick? #$%* I wish my greenery looked that good right now everything is a gungy green/brown which means  the weeds are gathering themselves to once again attack North America. I've got to find out what's going on with mowing deck on the tractor and get fixed before the little buggers spring  forth otherwise I don't a hope of keeping up and before anyone says just weeds remember these bastards can survive - 40c/40f and I've seen the rhizomes as thick as my thumb and as strong as rope I've tried to use the  tractor to pull them out, not enough power and poison is not an option. Any how enough of my whining to work.
Bill the demon.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #7539 on: April 10, 2015, 04:42:22 am »
That's bloody terrific Pete.
Nothing to be pissed off about that.

My Mum is still going through the BS to build a new house at Strathalbyn because it's in a heratage section of town.
It's been 9 months of red tape with these "justify my job" jelly dicks.
She's into her latter 70's now and they're fcuking her around.
She's worked all of her life and paid her dues.
In the meantime, I'm getting a bit annoyed with this.
Maybe a visiter from Darwin might piss these fcukers off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7540 on: April 10, 2015, 04:46:21 am »
Fark, she's a brave girl to be building at her age Mick...good on her!
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #7541 on: April 10, 2015, 05:01:32 am »
How's your head Mick? #$%* I wish my greenery looked that good right now everything is a gungy green/brown which means  the weeds are gathering themselves to once again attack North America. I've got to find out what's going on with mowing deck on the tractor and get fixed before the little buggers spring  forth otherwise I don't a hope of keeping up and before anyone says just weeds remember these bastards can survive - 40c/40f and I've seen the rhizomes as thick as my thumb and as strong as rope I've tried to use the  tractor to pull them out, not enough power and poison is not an option. Any how enough of my whining to work.
Bill the demon.
The ol' heads going good now Bill.
There's still a bit of stitch stuck in there that the Doc might have to cut out in a couple of weeks.
I tried to pull it out tonight after a couple of beers but it's not budging.

Everything is still nice and green here and there's still a big mob of mowing, whipper snipping and weed spraying to do.
Another couple of weekends and I reckon that I'll have it by the short 'n curlys.

After that, I'll get a trailer load of bark chip for the garden beds.
It's always a sh1t load of work on a rural block but living next door to squawking neighbours in suburbia would piss me off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #7542 on: April 10, 2015, 05:08:20 am »
Hannah is a beauty Pete.
Since she was a toddler she loved Honda 4's and shiny spanners.
But most females like shiny things that Dad's have to pay for.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7543 on: April 10, 2015, 05:17:50 am »
That ball joint looks just like a falcon one, might not be too bad then ;D

Geez that reminds me that I've got a set of ball joints I never got around to installing on my XA Fairmont back in the 1980's Andrew, I'm buggered if I can remember where I put them, but I wouldn't have chucked them out, ha ha! ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7544 on: April 10, 2015, 05:23:48 am »
So today we bought another house............

Well done Pete, I hate moving house, so I think I'll just re-model this one every few years until I snuff it............. ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7545 on: April 10, 2015, 05:31:27 am »
Hannah is a beauty Pete.

I was talking about your mum!! And I doubt honda fours were around when she was a kid haha.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #7546 on: April 10, 2015, 05:32:35 am »
Last year we had to take my wife's Chevy Cobalt to the dealer for a recall on it's ignition switch, in the process we got a new ign switch and new keys while the dealer tossed our old keys. We didn't realize it until just last night when my wife's key fob remote started acting up but we found out that even though the dealership changed the door locks to match the new keys they didn't change the lock on the trunk. WTF!!
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #7547 on: April 10, 2015, 05:48:36 am »
Hannah is a beauty Pete.

I was talking about your mum!! And I doubt honda fours were around when she was a kid haha.
Sorry 'bout that Pete.
Well Mum got to like Honda 4's eventually.
Only because there was no other option back then.  ;D

Mum is still a doer and she knows what she needs.
They bred 'em tough back then.
While they've still got their sh1t together there's no backing off.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:01:24 am by mick7504 »
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7548 on: April 10, 2015, 01:56:34 pm »
Hannah is a beauty Pete.

Sorry 'bout that Pete.
Well Mum got to like Honda 4's eventually.
Only because there was no other option back then.  ;D

Mum is still a doer and she knows what she needs.
They bred 'em tough back then.
While they've still got their sh1t together there's no backing off.  ;D
Yeh mate, my mum freaked out when I brought my brand new 750 home in 1973...."Peter, no, you're not riding that, it's huge..no no no". This went on for some time, tears and all, it really pissed her off.
Then when she got use to the idea after a few months I actually got her on the back....she would have been about 43 or something then (which when you're a long haired pimply faced 18yo is really fkn old) and I took her up to Eagle on the Hill....in a skirt.... (her, not me haha)...which was a bit of a race track in those days......strangely after that I never managed to get her back on it.
When I was racing it I'm pretty sure she only came to watch once....that pissed her off too. Ah memories..
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #7549 on: April 10, 2015, 08:24:06 pm »
Good one Pete !

I had a similar story in 1881, I was preparing my Ford Transit 3l V6 for a tour of Europe (small Europe as it was then) so she was up on blocks. My only form of transport was an RD350 LC or the TZ250 which I rode on the road only occasionally.

Early one morning my Mom gets a call from my sister in law who was preggers at the time, some sort of emergency, I did not request details. "Get me there" I was ordered. I offered the LC as the only means of transport, so Mom is on the pillion for the first time, and despite my best endeavours the girl was hitting me with her bag urging me to "go faster", and me only out of racing less than a year !!

I wish I had a video of that one !!! RIP Mom (1927 - 2004)

Kev