Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1387868 times)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #7550 on: April 10, 2015, 09:17:22 pm »
My Dad told me not to buy a V8 but instead to purchase a small 4 cylinder.
So I took his advise and puchased a 4 cylinder 736cc on 2 wheels.
Well he didn't stipulate how many wheels it had to have but none the less, he was still pissed off with me.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #7551 on: April 10, 2015, 10:00:09 pm »
Good one Pete !

I had a similar story in 1881, I was preparing my Ford Transit 3l V6 for a tour of Europe (small Europe as it was then) so she was up on blocks. My only form of transport was an RD350 LC or the TZ250 which I rode on the road only occasionally.

Early one morning my Mom gets a call from my sister in law who was preggers at the time, some sort of emergency, I did not request details. "Get me there" I was ordered. I offered the LC as the only means of transport, so Mom is on the pillion for the first time, and despite my best endeavours the girl was hitting me with her bag urging me to "go faster", and me only out of racing less than a year !!

I wish I had a video of that one !!! RIP Mom (1927 - 2004)

Kev

Damn Kev, I never knew you were that old.  Also did they have Transit vans back then? ???  ;D ;D ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7552 on: April 11, 2015, 06:20:22 am »
Now I'm pissed off cos my footy team lost again, and I was at the game to witness it. :-\
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #7553 on: April 11, 2015, 06:26:07 am »
Now I'm pissed off cos my footy team lost again, and I was at the game to witness it. :-\

My Daughter plays Senior womens AFL Peter, tonight she played for the Suns against the Lions as an opener for the Suns/St Kilda match at Metricon stadium, she kicked the opening goal and they had a win, Pissed off I wasn't there to see it... You go for Port Adelaide..? 
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #7554 on: April 11, 2015, 02:24:38 pm »
Good one Pete !

I had a similar story in 1881, I was preparing my Ford Transit 3l V6 for a tour of Europe (small Europe as it was then) so she was up on blocks. My only form of transport was an RD350 LC or the TZ250 which I rode on the road only occasionally.

Early one morning my Mom gets a call from my sister in law who was preggers at the time, some sort of emergency, I did not request details. "Get me there" I was ordered. I offered the LC as the only means of transport, so Mom is on the pillion for the first time, and despite my best endeavours the girl was hitting me with her bag urging me to "go faster", and me only out of racing less than a year !!

Kev

Damn Kev, I never knew you were that old.  Also did they have Transit vans back then? ???  ;D ;D ;D

Yup, ya got me there, bladdy French keyboards , all over the place. But yes we did have Transits back in 1881, steam powered of course, my neighbour Charles Dickens had one, he regularly had to ask me come over and riddle his fire box.

Kev

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7555 on: April 11, 2015, 02:36:12 pm »

My Daughter plays Senior womens AFL Peter, tonight she played for the Suns against the Lions as an opener for the Suns/St Kilda match at Metricon stadium, she kicked the opening goal and they had a win, Pissed off I wasn't there to see it... You go for Port Adelaide..?
Yep. It's gonna be a long week putting up with the tossing of the cross town rivals.
Well done to your daughter.  8)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #7556 on: April 11, 2015, 02:54:23 pm »
Wanted to think bad about my ex  :
But my  classical education prevailed so I sang in Latin with :
Kev
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:57:12 pm by vfourfreak »

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #7557 on: April 11, 2015, 03:09:01 pm »
Ah, class, Kev. Jeez lady opera singers have changed.
Bill the demon.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #7558 on: April 12, 2015, 03:33:34 am »
Well I started off today pissed off as hell, because I had to take the kids to see their mothers parents.  For those of you who don't know my ex #$%*ed off over a year ago and won't sign the paperwork that allows her parents to have un-supervised visits.  Where-as I need to hang around to make sure the #$%*ing retard of an ex mother inlaw doesn't try and keep my kids from me again. I only do it once every 6 months or so, because I can't stand the back stabbing #$%*. 

Just as I was having breakfast and dreading the thought of going, a mate of mine dropped round with an esky full of fish for us.  I cleaned them this arvo and we ended up with just shy of 6kg of fillets, that will keep us going for the next week.  We have just finished the King Threadfin Salmon, for the ones who don't know he is the one at the top of the pic.  They are one of my favourites, beautiful soft, sweet white flesh.  Barra for dinner tomorrow, and fire up the smoker for the mullet, and now time for a nice beer  ;D ;D ;D

1979 CB650Z

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7559 on: April 12, 2015, 04:21:16 am »
Every cloud has a silver lining eh Andrew? ;D
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
« Reply #7560 on: April 12, 2015, 08:37:45 am »
...the King Threadfin Salmon, for the ones who don't know he is the one at the top of the pic.  They are one of my favourites, beautiful soft, sweet white flesh.  ...

I'd seen a lot of Salmon, on account that my father had a lifelong career managing NW salmon populations.

BUT I'D NEVER SEEN A SALMON THAT UGLY!!!!   ;D

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #7561 on: April 12, 2015, 09:03:07 am »
Ha ha, well I never claimed to have taste in anything

What's wrong with my beautiful Exploder though?

Hey Terry...they are known to roll over during crashes, hope you dont have Firestone tires that was the culprit of many of them.

Also good to haul chickens, did you know?!   

Being in an Explorer with chickens would piss me off!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/at-car-crash-west-virginia-cops-find-chickens-drugs-explosives/
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #7562 on: April 12, 2015, 02:34:23 pm »
Well I started off today pissed off as hell, because I had to take the kids to see their mothers parents.  For those of you who don't know my ex #$%*ed off over a year ago and won't sign the paperwork that allows her parents to have un-supervised visits.  Where-as I need to hang around to make sure the #$%*ing retard of an ex mother inlaw doesn't try and keep my kids from me again. I only do it once every 6 months or so, because I can't stand the back stabbing #$%*. 

Just as I was having breakfast and dreading the thought of going, a mate of mine dropped round with an esky full of fish for us.  I cleaned them this arvo and we ended up with just shy of 6kg of fillets, that will keep us going for the next week.  We have just finished the King Threadfin Salmon, for the ones who don't know he is the one at the top of the pic.  They are one of my favourites, beautiful soft, sweet white flesh.  Barra for dinner tomorrow, and fire up the smoker for the mullet, and now time for a nice beer  ;D ;D ;D

Which ones the mother in law...?    ;D
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #7563 on: April 13, 2015, 02:03:36 am »
Ha ha, well I never claimed to have taste in anything

What's wrong with my beautiful Exploder though?

Hey Terry...they are known to roll over during crashes, hope you dont have Firestone tires that was the culprit of many of them.

Also good to haul chickens, did you know?!   

Being in an Explorer with chickens would piss me off!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/at-car-crash-west-virginia-cops-find-chickens-drugs-explosives/

Ha ha, no worries mate, nope, I haven't been hauling chooks in my Exploder, I'm trying to work out what that guy was trying to achieve, it reminded me of that Clint Eastwood movie when he gets picked up by the crazy in the Charger(?) full of chickens?

No Firestone tires on my car, but I remember there was a lot of controversy at the time, Ford blamed Firestone and Firestone blamed Ford, I know that Ford recalled every car and installed new tires for free, but there was some suspicion that Ford made Firestone a scapegoat to save the model. I'm glad they did, as opposed to Aussie made cars with much smaller production numbers, I can still find tons of new parts for my Exploder at very reasonable prices from the US. 

I drove mine 400 miles on the weekend and it didn't fall over, even though I may have taken it through some corners at way over the recommended speed. I think some PO has beefed up the suspension as the ride isn't as plush as my son's Exploder, but it has a fair bit less body roll. Cheers, Terry. ;D   
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #7564 on: April 13, 2015, 03:02:20 am »
...the King Threadfin Salmon, for the ones who don't know he is the one at the top of the pic.  They are one of my favourites, beautiful soft, sweet white flesh.  ...

I'd seen a lot of Salmon, on account that my father had a lifelong career managing NW salmon populations.

They have to be ugly to keep the crocs away ;D, they are a completely different fish mate, different flavour, different texture.  These fish live in muddy rivers and estuaries, they are more catfish than salmon, they have fine thread-like fins under each side of their head they use to find food.  They are a good sport fish and bloody tasty, but they don't store well, if you try to freeze the flesh it turns to mush.

Mick, if it wasn't illegal she would be in the crabpot along with the fish frames, it's the only thing the stupid #$%* would be good for...  Actually, come to think of it, I wouldn't want to contaminate the waterways, and the crabs would probably be inedible afterwards. ;D
1979 CB650Z

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #7565 on: April 13, 2015, 04:28:38 am »

They have to be ugly to keep the crocs away ;D, they are a completely different fish mate, different flavour, different texture.  These fish live in muddy rivers and estuaries, they are more catfish than salmon, they have fine thread-like fins under each side of their head they use to find food.  They are a good sport fish and bloody tasty, but they don't store well, if you try to freeze the flesh it turns to mush.

Mick, if it wasn't illegal she would be in the crabpot along with the fish frames, it's the only thing the stupid #$%* would be good for...  Actually, come to think of it, I wouldn't want to contaminate the waterways, and the crabs would probably be inedible afterwards. ;D

Ahhh, the good old crabpot, the multi tool for this disliked.... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #7566 on: April 13, 2015, 04:56:02 am »
Woodchipper works a treat. Freeze beforehand, add MIL, rinse with pulp wood. Environmentally sensistive and always pleasant while popping a cold one. Airbrushed "Divorce Lawyer" on mine. Wife's been might pleasant since.
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #7567 on: April 13, 2015, 03:39:40 pm »
^^ ;D ;D^^
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #7568 on: April 13, 2015, 08:09:26 pm »
Good one Pete !

Kev
I took my mom, born the same year as yours Kev, on a ride around the neighborhood on my BSA 650 around 1975. Returning home, she was giggling like a schoolgirl, and when questioned why, she blurted out that it tickled her privates! :o I did also take her for a ride on the Seeley in 2002, but she wasn't as impressed with it as with the BSA. Thank god I never bought a Harley. ;D

Oh yeah, #$%*ing income tax pisses me off! >:( >:( >:( Why is it so #$%*ing hard to pay taxes?? I don't mind paying tax, as much as the hassle of dealing with the codes and how to interpret them. The IRS no longer provides forms or instructions; you have to search for them online. There are over 1800 documents listed!!! That pisses me off! >:(
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #7569 on: April 14, 2015, 03:39:50 am »
Well talking about the "Good Old Days", I bought my shiny new 1975 CB750F in 1978 when I was 18 for a bargain price (they just didn't sell, the only ones on the roads around here were ridden by the cops, and by 1978 the cops were riding F2's) and I rode it the 200 miles home.

My Dad wouldn't even look at it, even 30 years after the war, as far as he was concerned the only good thing that ever came out of Japan was a mushroom cloud.

My grandfather, on the other hand, was an old biker, and was really interested in it, so he swung his 74 year old leg over the saddle, and after I showed him how to start it, and pointed out the the gear shifter was on the left (as opposed to the bikes of his era) he took off for a quick spin around the block, and told me he thought it was pretty good.

Don't get me wrong, my Dad liked bikes, he just wasn't keen on Jap bikes. He loved my cuz's Indian Chief outfit, and so does my Ma! Cheers, Terry. ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #7570 on: April 14, 2015, 04:19:22 am »
Cool photo Tez.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #7571 on: April 14, 2015, 04:40:39 am »
Great photo. But it reminded me that I hate sidehacks #$%*ing  things don't steer properly.
Bill the demon.

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #7572 on: April 14, 2015, 05:50:10 am »
Great photo. But it reminded me that I hate sidehacks #$%*ing  things don't steer properly.
Bill the demon.

arrrrr, tis true - two of the b@stard things nearly killed me - never again
i blame Terry

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #7573 on: April 14, 2015, 04:22:52 pm »
Bloody hell!
First it's caravans and now you lot are into the poor old, misunderstood and maligned sidecar.
Geeeeeeez...............I feel like a leper.  :( ::) ;)

Cheers,
Brian
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #7574 on: April 14, 2015, 05:15:20 pm »
Bloody hell!
First it's caravans and now you lot are into the poor old, misunderstood and maligned sidecar.
Geeeeeeez...............I feel like a leper.  :( ::) ;)

Cheers,
Brian

I'm right there with Ya BrIan, everyone hates the sidecar rig, til Ya show up at the camp site with dinner for 12 and a couple cases of beer.
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.