Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1387177 times)

Offline petercb750

• Master
Not trying to be a smart arse Andrew, but stags were never 4 cylinders, they had a 3.0l triumph v8 in them that had lots of issues, and many restos were/are done with the rover 3.5l v8, which is a nice motor. I had a rover v8 for some time, and in fact my dad had one that I used to borrow as an 18yo....he'd be pissed off if he knew how I used to treat it. The rover v8 conversion turns mgb's into quite nice cars too.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 04:24:20 am by petercb750 »
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer

Not trying to be a smart arse Andrew, but stags were never 4 cylinders, they had a 3.0l triumph v8 in them that had lots of issues, and many restos were/are done with the rover 3.5l v8, which is a nice motor. I had a rover v8 for some time, and in fact my dad had one that I used to borrow as an 18yo....he'd be pissed off if he knew how I used to treat it. The rover v8 conversion turns mgb's into quite nice cars too.
I know the fella who was selling it still had the "original" engine sitting in his shed and I'm certain it was one of those slant 4's that triumph made. Mind you it was a few years ago now. The problem with the original engine was it had a hole in the block from a wayward conrod. ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
Don, I told ya about them #$%*boxes, didn't I...not trying to piss you off....more

:') bwahahaha

I'm going to start riding it every day and paint a smile on my helmet, somebody will want it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:08:13 am by Don R »
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
The "Lovely Evelyn" did a nice leg of pork last week.

Then went out to get a bottle of wine and some bastard had eaten all the crackling by the time she got back. 8)

I tried putting the blame on "Jack the dog" but that didn't fly.
Once again I came very close to a good stabbing. ;D

She was mightily pissed off.

Cheers,
Brian

Although there's never been any question in my mind that you're a very brave man Brian, the beautiful Ev is someone I wouldn't piss off, if I valued my appendages! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
The weather here in Melbourne is pissing me off. It's cold, wet, and miserable, which matches my mood perfectly. Yesterday I decided to do some more work on my white Subaru, as I slowly move towards getting it back on the road, hopefully next week.

I drive the 400 mile round trip every fortnight to visit my ma, and as much as I love driving my mighty Ford Exploder, it's 20 miles per (imperial) gallon highway fuel consumption is frightening when I'm paying $6.50 (AUD) per gallon, so I'm keen to get the Subaru with it's 30+ MPG on the road, lickety split.

Luckily the little Subaru is in really good nick, being a "one owner" car up until last year, and then the new owner continued  with regular servicing, so it still drives like an almost new car.

Subaru's are beautifully engineered cars, with the exception of their cooling systems, which often causes the early demise of the species. Anyone who designs an engine with the thermostat at the lowest point of the engine has got rocks in his head, and "burping" the air out of the cooling system after flushing and replacing the thermostat and coolant is a fcuking nightmare.

Luckily for me, this isn't my first time at the rodeo, and thanks to Andrew, I was able to apply a trick he taught me a couple of years ago, which allowed me to burp the cooling system in a few minutes. I took it for an hour's drive (I've got an "Unregistered Vehicle Permit" so I can test drive it after effecting repairs) and the needle never went over the halfway mark on the temp guage, so it's good to go for another couple of years.

Today I'm thinking about doing an oil and filter change, but the rain is currently coming in sideways, which is pissing me off, laying under the car on a wet driveway wasn't much fun yesterday, and I'm not really looking forwards to a repeat performance today........... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
The "Lovely Evelyn" did a nice leg of pork last week.

Then went out to get a bottle of wine and some bastard had eaten all the crackling by the time she got back. 8)

I tried putting the blame on "Jack the dog" but that didn't fly.
Once again I came very close to a good stabbing. ;D

She was mightily pissed off.

Cheers,
Brian

Although there's never been any question in my mind that you're a very brave stupid man Brian, the beautiful Ev is someone I wouldn't piss off, if I valued my appendages! ;D

I'm hearing you Uncle Tez. ;)

Cheers,
Brian
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
The ol' vege garden is starting to take shape now.
What I did was to relocate it where the sun is gonna blast 'em for most of the day.

Last Monday arvo week, the Watermelon seeds got planted and had their little green heads poking out on the following Friday arvo.
22 of the pooftas have sprouted now.

Still waiting for the tomatoes to make an appearance but that should be any day now.
So reckon that some sweet corn, strawberries and capsicums will be next and then make another mound of soil for the cugunjas, I mean cucumbers.
Fcuk, I always spell that wrong.
Pisses me off.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Mick, is that your veggy garden, or are the bandicoots setting up a new housing estate... ;D :o ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
I was thinking about planting some homemade land mines for those fcuken Bandicoots but the neighbours might get pissed off.

So then a thought about buying a Fox.
But I can't find a fcuken Fox shop anywhere.
Pisses me off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
Hey Mick, if you want a fox we have a sneaky little #$%*er at our place we'll give you for free. I'm sick of losing chooks to the bastard.
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
You'll have get yourself a Fox Whistle mate.
They're like 2 slightly domed washers joined together with about a 3/16" hole through the guts.
You hold in your mouth and blow through it which makes a high pitched whistle and the ol' fox thinks that another fox is in distress and comes looking.

In the meantime, it leaves 2 hands free to aim the .22 and dispatch of the unwanted.

We got heaps of foxes that way when we were kids.
Then we'd skin 'em, salt the skin and put them up on the old mans shed roof and dry 'em out.
Then we'd sell 'em down at the pub for about a buck each for pocket money.
That was back in the days when you could buy a packet of Marlboro Red for about 2 bob.
And a box of matches was about 2 cents.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
It's a good job I'm in southern Qld. ;D
They are a nice old car, I damn near bought a stag with a 3.5l rover engine in it when I was 18. Was a nice car but the v8 rego up here is a killer. If it still had the original 4 cyl in it I would have probably bought it.

No worries Andrew, it's the 2.5 litre straight 6 with twin SU's. The engine's probably never been over 3000 RPM. (well, I had it up to 100 MPH once so I guess it has, but Dad and Mum never took it over 60) Cheers, Terry. ;D   

Offline SOHC4 Cafe Racer Fan

• Speak up, Whipper-Snapper! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC/4 Member #1235
Thieves, hipsters, firestones.
1975 CB550K1 "Blue" Stockish Restomod (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=135005.0)
1975 CB550F1 frame/CB650 engine hybrid "The Hot Mess" (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,150220.0.html)
2008 Triumph Thruxton (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,190956.0.html)
2014 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster 800
2015 Yamaha FZ-09 (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,186861.0.html)

"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them — but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one.... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba." Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature, Cycle World, March 1995.  (http://www.latexnet.org/~csmith/sausage.html and https://magazine.cycleworld.com/article/1995/3/1/song-of-the-sausage-creature)

Sold/Emeritus
1973 CB750K2 "Bionic Mongrel" (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132734.0) - Sold
1977 CB750K7 "Nine Lives" Restomod (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=50490.0) - Sold
2005 RVT1000RR RC51-SP2 "El Diablo" - Sold
2016+ Triumph Thruxton 1200 R (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,170198.0.html) - Sold

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Thieves, hipsters, firestones.

and politicians.... ::)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
And Liberals Conservatives Zealots Politicans Wealthy Pricks Poor Pricks Dolts who cut up perfectly good frame because they're idiots My Mum Your Mum Tax time...

Screw it, I'm just pissed off.
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
And Liberals Conservatives Zealots Politicans Wealthy Pricks Poor Pricks Dolts who cut up perfectly good frame because they're idiots My Mum Your Mum Tax time...

Screw it, I'm just pissed off.

You need a bit of cheering up Cal : here's your happy medicine !

Translation available from any of the Brits on here.

I'm pissed off that my new Samsung Galaxy android smart phone burned my leg today. I hope they have good a pack of dipstick lawyers.

Kev
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 12:53:02 pm by vfourfreak »

• Really Old Timer ...
Sadly, Samsung will have better lawyers than you can afford Kev, so if you're lucky you'll get a new phone and a tube of burn cream............. ;D

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Sadly, Samsung will have better lawyers than you can afford Kev, so if you're lucky you'll get a new phone and a tube of burn cream............. ;D

More likely anal lube.... :o
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer

More likely anal lube.... :o
In preparation for the impending insertion.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
Yep, Kev better turn his ring tone volume right up, or switch it to "vibrate", so he'll know when he's got a call coming in.................. ;D

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
Yep, Kev better turn his ring tone volume right up, or switch it to "vibrate", so he'll know when he's got a call coming in.................. ;D

And I bought the large, ruggedised model -   :o :o

What happened with the phone is that the bright lamp thingy came on while in my pocket, driving along a major road. After a few mins I feel a burning sensation on my leg under my pocket. I could not fish the phone out ealisy while seated, so had to pull over get out and extract the instrument (!). The light was on and the front of my thigh had a nice burn blister.

Surely they should pay !!

Kev

Kev

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
switch to LED bulbs in that thing, Kev. Much less power draw and won't burn your skin... Thank heavens it wasn't traveling in your pouch, lest ye burn the twins  :o
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
switch to LED bulbs in that thing, Kev. Much less power draw and won't burn your skin... Thank heavens it wasn't traveling in your pouch, lest ye burn the twins  :o

I agree completely Cal. I am wary of the device now.

Kev

Offline Spanner 1

• Old Timer
  • CB 750 K0 ( always thought it was a K1!) + CB750K8
Hey Kev-VFourfreak,
When are ya buying me a pint in the Gravediggers....... lol!
If your sure it's a carb problem; it's ignition,
If your sure it's an ignition problem; it's carbs....

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
Hey Kev-VFourfreak,
When are ya buying me a pint in the Gravediggers....... lol!

It would be a pleasure next time i'm in Dublin. Hopefully the arrest warrants have lapsed by now.

Kev