Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1387006 times)

Online Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Yep, I understand Pete, and a lot of small businesses should never have been started in the first place. Case in point, my mum's little country town, 2 shops down from Woolies is a kids clothing store. Big sign on the door, "This business is for genuine sale", and there are signs all over the windows with "50-70% off all stock".

Of course, it was closed, on a Saturday morning, because, I guess, people with kids do all their shopping during the week, when they should be at work, and not on weekends? But that's not why I thought they were dumb, who the fcuk would try to compete with KMart, Woolies, Coles and Target selling fcuking kids clothes in a small town with high unemployment?

Seriously, if I was a bank manager and some dispstick came in wanting a business loan for a shop that sold kids clothes, I'd tell them to fcuk off and stop taking the piss........... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
Yes Tez, too many business owners run the business to only suit themselves, no regard for the customer or a willingness to put themselves out a bit. And some are just plain dumb.

Well off to tassie in the morning for a week, then we move house 2 days after we get back. So everything is pretty well ready for the move so we don't have much to do in those 2 days.
I think the first couple of days of the holiday I'll just be sleeping....I'm knackered. And what pisses me off is having to leave home at 3.45am for the airport....another reason I'm happy to be moving back to the city.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
No worries Pete, I love Tassie, it's got some of the best bike roads on the planet, I could live there for sure, especially if I was a dope smoking dole bludging lefty like a good proportion of the folks down there, ha ha. Have a great trip mate, and watch out for those Tassie Devils, they're sneaky little buggers! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
Haha we lived there for 6 years but never turned into one of those. ..although I met plenty haha.
We love tassie devils, very cute.
Cheers mate.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
No worries Pete, I love Tassie,

Yep I do too.
Baskerville tried to fcuking kill me, but I don't hold that against the rest of the joint. ;D

Cheers,
Brian
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
Dang, I realized I've got 27 bike carburetors to maintain and 3 holley's. I need a carburetor maintainance program.  7 bikes, one is a 3 cyl. My daughters dragster, my hot rod. One honda generator so I guess it's 28 kiehen/mikunis.

As more of them begin to run at once it seems like a daunting task. 3 of the bikes are going to be sold. One's a drag bike so it will get drained and have race gas anyway.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

• Really Old Timer ...
Well as most folks here know, I just bought a minty "one owner" 1995 AWD Subaru Liberty (EJ22, Auto transmission) that I'm doing a little work on before I put it back on the road next week.

It was a regularly serviced car, (timing belts changed 30,000 miles ago) so apart from replacing most of the fluids (oil and filter, coolant and thermostat, brake fluid) I've replaced all 4 brake rotors and pads, as the old ones were getting a little thin. The only other problem (apart from the fuel gauge not working) has been an erratic idle, whether it's hot or cold.

The idle speed would jump up to 1500 RPM or so, so I thought that perhaps the MAF sensor needed a clean? I've done this before on my green Liberty and the twin turbo-beast, I had a can of MAF cleaner in my toolbox, so I gave it a good clean and reassembled it, and hit the starter.

The car fired right up, the tach needle rose to around 1500 RPM, then dropped down to around 1000 RPM, then conked out. I tried again, and again and again, and still it wouldn't keep running after the initial fire-up.

Assuming that the MAF sensor had gone to God, I bought a shiny new(ish) reconditioned one from Repco, ($295.00, ouch!) installed it, hit the key, and......... no difference! Fcuk! I removed the cable plug from the MAF and it fired right up and idled at 1000 RPM, and I was able to move the car out of the carport so my wife could move her car out, but as soon as I re-connected the plug, the engine immediately stopped.

I've posted a "help needed" thread on the Subaru forums so I'm sure someone will know exactly what my problem is (with my car.......) but it pisses me off that through my desire to make things a little better, I've turned a perfectly functional vehicle into a "non-runner".............. ;D

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
Well as most folks here know, I just bought a minty "one owner" 1995 AWD Subaru Liberty (EJ22, Auto transmission) that I'm doing a little work on before I put it back on the road next week.

It was a regularly serviced car, (timing belts changed 30,000 miles ago) so apart from replacing most of the fluids (oil and filter, coolant and thermostat, brake fluid) I've replaced all 4 brake rotors and pads, as the old ones were getting a little thin. The only other problem (apart from the fuel gauge not working) has been an erratic idle, whether it's hot or cold.

The idle speed would jump up to 1500 RPM or so, so I thought that perhaps the MAF sensor needed a clean? I've done this before on my green Liberty and the twin turbo-beast, I had a can of MAF cleaner in my toolbox, so I gave it a good clean and reassembled it, and hit the starter.

The car fired right up, the tach needle rose to around 1500 RPM, then dropped down to around 1000 RPM, then conked out. I tried again, and again and again, and still it wouldn't keep running after the initial fire-up.

Assuming that the MAF sensor had gone to God, I bought a shiny new(ish) reconditioned one from Repco, ($295.00, ouch!) installed it, hit the key, and......... no difference! Fcuk! I removed the cable plug from the MAF and it fired right up and idled at 1000 RPM, and I was able to move the car out of the carport so my wife could move her car out, but as soon as I re-connected the plug, the engine immediately stopped.

I've posted a "help needed" thread on the Subaru forums so I'm sure someone will know exactly what my problem is (with my car.......) but it pisses me off that through my desire to make things a little better, I've turned a perfectly functional vehicle into a "non-runner".............. ;D

That's the one thing that drives me crazy about newer cars and all their electronic engine management gizmo's, many times you have to guess which can be expensive because a  lot of those sensors aren't cheap and because they are electronic many auto part stores won't let you return them once they've been installed so you're always hoping you guessed right the first time.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
Hey Terry, if you can, try the MAF sensor off one of the other Subaru's.  I'm not sure if they are the same, but would be worth a look.  I don't trust anything engine management related that is "rebuilt".  Generally I have never had good results with such things.  If the only thing you have touched is the MAF and it is now playing up, I would be looking at the MAF.  ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

• Really Old Timer ...
Thanks Andrew, that's my thinking too, so I might try the one off the turbo car tomorrow. ;D

Scott, you're dead right mate, how did our (reliable) old cars ever run at all without all of those gizmos? I was thinking about installing a modern V8 into my Dad's old Ford station wagon, but the modern engine has so much crap hanging off it you can't even see the engine anymore, unlike the old 351 Cleveland I've got sitting in my mother-in-law's garage, and while I'm sure the modern engine is better, I think I'll stick with the old Clevo Dinosaur! ;D

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
The only reason for all the crap on engines now is emissions. Basically manufacturers were forced by legislation to reduce emissions and all that crap is the result.
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
Dam right! >:(

There was no way I was going to line up with one of those 3 litre, common rail deisel's with a turbo pushing out 30psi to come up with the grunt to tow my van at a reasonable speed.

It took a bit of shoving,  but the 6.5 liter Chevy with mechanical pump and max 10psi at the turbo, sitting on 1800rpm in the cruiser is a truly wondeful thing.
And not an electronic gizmo in sight. 8)

Cheers,
Brian
The older I get the faster I was.

• Really Old Timer ...
That's a lovely lump of engineering there Brian, one of my pet hates is Caravan people holding up everyone else as they struggle along at 80 in a 100 zone with no safe places to overtake them, they really piss me off, but in your case, it's probably the opposite! ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Does anyone know if Telstra has a Facebook link or a site where you can comment publicly about their overwhelming support?

The reason that I ask is that our home WiFi sh1t itself last night, and after spending a lot of valuable drinking time going through the recommended diagnostic critera, it's still fcuked.

So begrudgingly,  a phone call was made to their help and support department in the hope that this issue would be resolved.

Well fcuk me, after being transferred from pillar to post and being put on hold for extended periods of time, the fcuking lamb chops got burnt on the barbeque and still no bastard would pick up the phone on the other end.

So in summarising - TELSTRA GO FCUK YOURSELF.
YOU PISS ME OFF.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
Yep, Telstra can suck my sweaty balls Mick, I gave them the arse 12 years ago and haven't looked back. I've had my home phone and mobiles thru Southern Phone since 2009 after also giving Vodaphoney's the arse too, Southern Phone are cheaper than Telstra, yet they use Telstra lines, and the good thing is, when you ring them, you get an Aussie. (Arthur, not Aapoo)

One of Telstra's customer service people rang me once and asked me if I'd consider going back to Telstra? I asked him if Sol Trujillo was still the CEO and he proudly told me that he was. I said, "Ok, well get Sol to come around to my place and suck my cock, and I'll think about it". He explained that it was unlikely that Mr Trujillo would take up my invitation, so we left it at that. Telstra pisses me off too. ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
A long time ago, somebody was telling me a story that they heard about a Telstra customer having to give Sol a head job for one reason or another.
Apparently, the story is that Sol's got a salty dick.
Just sayin'.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline faux fiddy

• Just becaus I'm the second post on the pissed off thread doesn't mean I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • bike in a box
Politicians piss me off enough, but seeing [corrupt union]  AFSCME for Hillary shirts in the last election really pissed me off. They gave her $60 MILLION  after it was clear that she could not win in 2008.  They claim the Clinton Foundation  received $0 from international donors, but facts point to a   number that is  actually over $10 million.

If she gets elected she'll be  a lot better pissing people off globally, so get ready to be exponentially more pissed, Tez.

^^^^^^^/l^^^^^^^^^^^^^^/l^^^
. . ______/ l_________________/  l
<'  '  '   '  o .  . . . . . . .................(
 ' VVVVV'   ')))))____>-''''''''''''''''''\  l
' . vvvv_   -              -                 \/

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
 I wrote the brat style motorcycle manual and today with no warning my publisher abruptly cancelled the deal. I don't understand, what happened?

Offline SOHC4 Cafe Racer Fan

• Speak up, Whipper-Snapper! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC/4 Member #1235
I wrote the brat style motorcycle manual and today with no warning my publisher abruptly cancelled the deal. I don't understand, what happened?

Hahahahahahaha!!!  ;D
1975 CB550K1 "Blue" Stockish Restomod (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=135005.0)
1975 CB550F1 frame/CB650 engine hybrid "The Hot Mess" (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,150220.0.html)
2008 Triumph Thruxton (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,190956.0.html)
2014 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster 800
2015 Yamaha FZ-09 (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,186861.0.html)

"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them — but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one.... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba." Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature, Cycle World, March 1995.  (http://www.latexnet.org/~csmith/sausage.html and https://magazine.cycleworld.com/article/1995/3/1/song-of-the-sausage-creature)

Sold/Emeritus
1973 CB750K2 "Bionic Mongrel" (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132734.0) - Sold
1977 CB750K7 "Nine Lives" Restomod (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=50490.0) - Sold
2005 RVT1000RR RC51-SP2 "El Diablo" - Sold
2016+ Triumph Thruxton 1200 R (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,170198.0.html) - Sold

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
:')

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Politicians piss me off enough, but seeing [corrupt union]  AFSCME for Hillary shirts in the last election really pissed me off. They gave her $60 MILLION  after it was clear that she could not win in 2008.  They claim the Clinton Foundation  received $0 from international donors, but facts point to a   number that is  actually over $10 million.

If she gets elected she'll be  a lot better pissing people off globally, so get ready to be exponentially more pissed, Tez.
It looks as though Hillary has just swallowed Monica's cigar and now it's gotten stuck in her neck.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL

Hahahahahahaha!!!  ;D

Love it.... ;D
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Geez, we've got some stinkin' Cane Toads this year.
Since I put in the new Double Overhead Cam, Fuel Injected, Blown Bug Zappa, the fcukas are are coming in from far and wide.

The Dettol Sprayer knocks 'em arse up but then their fcuken slimy mates cruise in for another bug party.

So I told the missus that I'm gonna design and build a bloody big flame thrower to deal with these pricks.
Straight away that idea was met with negativity.
I mean I get in the sh1t for being cruel to ants so I got thinking of another way to piss these fcuken toads off.

So I told her that I'll catch 'em, stick 'em in a box with a "Cane Toads for Free" sign  that also says "No Cheques, No Sex, No Cartons"
That pissed her off.  ;D
In the sh1t again.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia

It looks as though Hillary has just swallowed Monica's cigar and now it's gotten stuck in her neck.  ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Grandma Monica  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.