Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1386741 times)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
No Tez, it's Demarco who comes from Pirie. My mrs vaguely knows him, she also being one of Pirie's finest...hahaha. (with luck she won't read this....)
Your missus might remember Barb Demarco Pete.
I think that she was Paul's cousin.
It was all around the same era.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
Haha yeh Mick, I worked for a mob from 2008 to 2012 and Barb worked for them too, and my mrs and her reacquainted themselves during that time. Fk it's a small world eh.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Haha yeh Mick, I worked for a mob from 2008 to 2012 and Barb worked for them too, and my mrs and her reacquainted themselves during that time. Fk it's a small world eh.
Sure is Pete.
Can still go back home and there's always someboby that's got a feed, a beer and a bed for you.
Good thing is that everythings a mirror image and that's how it's always been.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
Sure is Pete.
Can still go back home and there's always someboby that's got a feed, a beer and a bed for you.
That link that Tez posted of famous people from Pirie, had an actor named Noble. ..I fkn worked with him in another life too back in the 80s (not Pirie related)...scary ain't it.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Sure is Pete.
That link that Tez posted of famous people from Pirie, had an actor named Noble. ..I fkn worked with him in another life too back in the 80s (not Pirie related)...scary ain't it.
See Mark Bickley was born in Pt Pirie in 1969.
One of my teachers at school, I think that it was Primary School at Risdon Park was Warren Bickley.

He was a fcuken good lad who understood the misgivings of misguided youth.
It might of been Marks ol' man because he was the only Bickley that I knew of in Pirie.

Geez, back in those days, Mark would have still been a dag in his Dads bag.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Well I'm pissed off that I can't find a "fix" in the Goldwing forums for why my beautiful black 'Wang doesn't want to play the game.

I thought the fuel pump was knackered after 100,000 miles so I threw it away last year and replaced it with a new one, only to find out that it's an intermittent ignition fault, sometimes the coils will have power, and sometimes they won't. Poop.

Oh well, I'll pull all the wiring connectors apart tomorrow and clean 'em, and hopefully the old bus will be back on the road, it's cold and miserable at the mo, so it's excellent 'Wang riding weather! Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
It rained here in Darwin tonight Terry.
That's unheard of for this time of the year and the fcuken mozzies loved it.

Last night, the fcuken Cane Toads were out in abundance.
I went and gave the fcukas a shot of Dettol and there was this bloody big snake lurking in the garden, so I gave it a good smack in the middle of it's back with the Dettol bottle.

Well that arced the bastard up and it had a go at me.
So I thought Fcuk you, and went and grabbed the long handled shovel just to make it an even contest.
By the time I'd returned with the snake wacker, the bugga had gone bush.

After I told the missus about the fcuken snake, she's been too sh1t scared to come outside and has been inside watching movies all day.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Online seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
I wish Dave500 would come back and send me more links to better Aussie music than Rose Tattoo...maybe not hard to do but us "Mericans are dumb and Aussie rock and roll kicks ass......

....and I am always pisses off
If it works good, it looks good...

• Really Old Timer ...
I wish Dave500 would come back and send me more links to better Aussie music than Rose Tattoo...maybe not hard to do but us "Mericans are dumb and Aussie rock and roll kicks ass......
....and I am always pissed off

Here you go mate, get a bit of Cold Chisel up ya, they are the band that Rose Tattoo could only dream of emulating! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
It rained here in Darwin tonight Terry.
That's unheard of for this time of the year and the fcuken mozzies loved it.

Last night, the fcuken Cane Toads were out in abundance.
I went and gave the fcukas a shot of Dettol and there was this bloody big snake lurking in the garden, so I gave it a good smack in the middle of it's back with the Dettol bottle.

Well that arced the bastard up and it had a go at me.
So I thought Fcuk you, and went and grabbed the long handled shovel just to make it an even contest.
By the time I'd returned with the snake wacker, the bugga had gone bush.

After I told the missus about the fcuken snake, she's been too sh1t scared to come outside and has been inside watching movies all day.  ;D

Thanks Mick, it rained here too, but the mossies have long since frozen to death for another year here in the frozen south, it was colder outside today than the insides of your beer fridge!

I got my latest Subaru roadworthied and registered on Friday, so the restrictive OEM airbox came off today in favour of a pod filter, and on Tuesday it's going in to get the stainless 4 into 2 into 1 headers and a new muffler fitted.

I'll be interested to see how the little 4 banger goes with just those mods, but if I'm not happy with them, then a set of Delta cams and some head work might be in order, the twin turbo beastie is great fun, but I've got no confidence in the longevity of turbo's, so I'll keep this one naturally aspirated, (if you can call MPFI "Natural Aspiration", ha ha) but with a little extra grunt than it came out of the factory with. ;D

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes

Here you go mate, get a bit of Cold Chisel up ya, they are the band that Rose Tattoo could only dream of emulating! ;D

nah, what you'll be needing is a bit of The Angels, makes the Chisels look like the adequate pub rock band they always were....

(and if that doesn't get some folk arcin' up i don't know what will)

"maiacal chuckle receding into the distance"
i blame Terry

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia

nah, what you'll be needing is a bit of The Angels, makes the Chisels look like the adequate pub rock band they always were....

Poor old Doc, he deserved better. :'(
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline Tews19

• I am no
  • Really Old Timer ...
I WILL BE DOING THIS IS CAPS OBVIOUSLY! THIS PAST MONDAY I WORKED OUT A DEAL ON A HONDA CB200T FOR MY WIFE. SHE TOOK A HALF DAY MONDAY TO PICK IT UP. AROUND 1130 AM THE GUY TEXTS ME SAYING I HAVE LOTS OF INTEREST AND NOW THE PRICE HAS GONE UP AND FIRM DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF INTEREST THAT MAGICALLY OCCURRED OVERNIGHT SINCE OUR CONVERSATION. SO THAT DEAL DIDNT HAPPEN....

FAST FORWARD TODAY... SAY AN AD FOR A 750 FOR DIRT CHEAP. I CALLED THE GUY AT 640 AM.... WORKED OUT A DEAL. LET HIM KNOW ABOUT AN HOUR LATER I WOULD BE UP THERE ON TUESDAY. BUT WHEN I CALLED HIS WIFE ANSWERED AND SAID HE WALKED OUT FOR A WHILE... NO BIGGIE, RIGHT????? WELL ABOUT 30 MINUTES LATER I GET A RANDOM TEXT FROM A NUMBER I DO NOT KNOW. SAYING THE 75O WAS SOLD. I RESPOND TO THE TEXT  " ? I'M SORRY, I DONT HAVE PREVIOUS TEXTS.... WAIT A COUPLE OF MINUTES AND NO REPLY SO I TEXT AGAIN," MAY YOU PLEASE REFRESH MY MEMORY. I JUST HAD SURGERY FRIDAY AND THINGS ARE FUZZY."

I STATE THIS AS I TEXT AND CALL CL ADS ALL THE TIME AND HAVE NO CLUE WHO THIS RANDOM TEXT IS FOR.

THEN I GET AN EMAIL 1 minute after the text i sent saying the 750 has sold from the guy with the 750 i worked out a deal with. I said this is Nick. Isn't it sold to me????
15 minutes later i get a text saying it is the black 750.... I was like WTF...

Not sure who i pissed off but the motorcycle karma has gone to #$%* on me.
1969 Honda CB750... Basket case
1970 Honda CB750 survivor.

• Really Old Timer ...

Nah, The Angels were a good band for sure, but opinions aside record sales and concert numbers don't lie, Cold Chisel were (are?) king. Oh, and "Maniacal" is easier to understand with an "n" in the middle............ ;D 

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
One of my favourite Cold Chisel clips.
The Star Hotel.
This is what happens when the pub gets closed down - A #$%*ing riot begins.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
Used to have a drink there after work many years ago. Many of us were pissed off that it was to close. There were attempts to revive it and it became a trendy boutique pub and gar bar. I think it's a restuarant now. An old friend of ours, Barry Nancarrow, was the local TV cameraman that filmed the riot. Won a reporting award for it, a Logie. He was a bit of a mad bugger in those days and he was in the thick of it during the riot. He would lay down under the jumps at motocross events and film riders as they went over, I think that was at the 1973 Australian MX Championship at Foster Park NSW. He got run down by a light aircraft once when he forgot his camera was on telephoto.

Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

Offline petercb750

• Master
Didn't it actually burn down?
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Here's a Google Earth shot from 2010 Pete.
Business looks a bit slow these days.
There's talk of it being renovated and turning it into one of these flash knob head shopping complexes.
Anyone feel like another riot.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #7893 on: June 01, 2015, 01:22:47 am »
Ok, maybe I was dreamin. But I do remember the riot.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #7894 on: June 01, 2015, 02:14:18 am »
The cop car got burnt.
Another Ford Falcon off the road.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7895 on: June 01, 2015, 05:24:27 am »
Sounds like my trips to the Bathurst Easter TT's, anyone remember them? Oh, and I saw Cold Chisel live at Bathurst at the TT in 1985, with the Choir Boys as the warmup act, then afterwards the riot at the police compound, geez, what a great night!  ;D

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #7896 on: June 01, 2015, 05:48:50 am »
Sounds like my trips to the Bathurst Easter TT's, anyone remember them? Oh, and I saw Cold Chisel live at Bathurst at the TT in 1985, with the Choir Boys as the warmup act, then afterwards the riot at the police compound, geez, what a great night!  ;D

Yep sure do.

The lovely Evelyn got set alight in '85.
Wacked in the head by a flaming toilet roll soaked in kero.
She went up like a roman candle.

By the time we put her out they had pissed off.
But we did spot a couple of clowns walking around with toilet rolls half an hour later, so we belted the fcuk out of them just to make Ev feel a bit better about losing some of her hair.

They ran through somebody's camp trying to get away and got another toweling. ;D

Ask Ev about it next time you see her Tez, she still gets a giggle out of it.

Cheers,
Brian 
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline faux fiddy

• Just becaus I'm the second post on the pissed off thread doesn't mean I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • bike in a box
« Reply #7897 on: June 01, 2015, 11:53:19 am »

But we did spot a couple of clowns walking around with toilet rolls half an hour later, so we belted the fcuk out of them just to make Ev feel a bit better about losing some of her hair.

They ran through somebody's camp trying to get away and got another toweling. ;D

Cheers,
Brian 
In America they put out a shoot to kill order for arsonists in the Chicago riots.  I guess you'd have to have a problem of no a gun to shoot an arsonist there .
^^^^^^^/l^^^^^^^^^^^^^^/l^^^
. . ______/ l_________________/  l
<'  '  '   '  o .  . . . . . . .................(
 ' VVVVV'   ')))))____>-''''''''''''''''''\  l
' . vvvv_   -              -                 \/

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #7898 on: June 01, 2015, 03:03:52 pm »
Guns aren't banned here Fiddy, you just have to be a clean skin and give all your details and have a police check to have one, quite reasonable i'd say.... The odd #$%* still gets shot... 8)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
    • old japanese parts and bikes
« Reply #7899 on: June 01, 2015, 03:38:31 pm »
went to the grocery store today. When I came out a lady was resting boxes on my gastank!
apparently she didn't want to get the bottoms of the boxes wet.
That rather pissed me off. >:(
Laugh at least once a day.
Life  $ucks, then you die.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
God forces us to live with  non-believers to test our resolve.