Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1385943 times)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8075 on: June 19, 2015, 12:35:27 am »
As of about 2:15 PM tomorrow arvo, me and Charlie are gunna be batchelor boys for 5 weeks.
The missus and youngest daughter are flying to Berlin to see Oma (Grandma) who's starting to get on a bit now but she's going not too bad for her age.

So me and the Sausage Dog are holding the fort in the meantime.
I think that we should be ok by ourselves.

Come to think of it, a Pizza and Beer diet never killed anyone that I know of.
Charlie doesn't mind a chomp on bit of Pizza occasionally and he's not that keen on cold beer so I'll have to look after that department.

I reckon that tomorrow arvo on the way back home from the airport, I'll call into Bunnings and buy one of those blue plastic tarps to put on the lounge room floor.
There's one thing that pisses me off is getting bits of carpet stuck on the tyres of the Honda 4.

Somebody once told me that what you don't know won't hurt you.
So if the missus don't know, then it's all good.
But if the missus does finds out, this batchelor boy is gunna be a dead fcuking duck.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8076 on: June 19, 2015, 01:27:22 am »
$1m in unmarked bills in a plain brown wrapper and your secret is safe with me old mate.  ;)
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Online Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8077 on: June 19, 2015, 01:47:08 am »
Moronic gun control ideas like this in the US actually making it into print...this guy obviously doesn't get the Second Amendment...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sean-palfrey-md/gun-violence-public-health_b_7605102.html 

Yep, that'll never work mate, how can a 200 year old amendment to your country's constitution which now results in 30,000 gun related deaths annually be resolved by modern thinking? Ridiculous! ;D   
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8078 on: June 19, 2015, 01:48:43 am »
$1m in unmarked bills in a plain brown wrapper and your secret is safe with me old mate.  ;)

Party at Mick's place, woohoo, as soon as I sort out the mighty 'Wang's dodgy ignition, I'm on my way! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8079 on: June 19, 2015, 02:01:25 am »
Moronic gun control ideas like this in the US actually making it into print...this guy obviously doesn't get the Second Amendment...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sean-palfrey-md/gun-violence-public-health_b_7605102.html 

Yep, that'll never work mate, how can a 200 year old amendment to your country's constitution which now results in 30,000 gun related deaths annually be resolved by modern thinking? Ridiculous! ;D   
  The bit that pisses me off is the amount of Americans who don't own a dictionary.  #$%* all of them seem to understand what an amendment actually is.    ::)   ???
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8080 on: June 19, 2015, 02:52:28 am »

Party at Mick's place, woohoo, as soon as I sort out the mighty 'Wang's dodgy ignition, I'm on my way! ;D
Fcuk yes Terry.
Bring the Wang for a hoot.
If a blokes going to all of the trouble and effort to get in the sh1t - Don't fcuk around.
A long time learnt lesson.
The suns shining in Darwin and Swedish backpackers are abound.
Lifes tough in the Top End.  ;D

Pete, I reckon that I could rake up a million bucks in Monopoly money.
Does that count mate.
We could be lighting up Cuban Cigars with 100 dollar bills. ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8081 on: June 19, 2015, 03:25:19 am »
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,47852.0.html

Same ol' sh1t goes here mate.  ;D
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,47852.0.html

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #8082 on: June 19, 2015, 04:23:15 am »
#$%* all of them seem to understand what an amendment actually is.
The only modern thinking that frightens me (and I'm open to new approaches for the record) is those Americans (or perhaps internationals) who don't realize that the Amendments 1-10 are our Bill of Rights. These rights are declared to be self-evident, and inalienable. Those are the tenets of our Constitution. That is not a trivial bit of semantics.

The article cited is not the first example of such an idea. What saddens me is they want to focus on treating an inanimate object and not the villainy and evil that brings the behavior.

But Mick7504 is right, we hashed all this out in a different, focused thread.

So what pisses me off is members bringing up the sewage from a dead horse kicking thread into one filled with cheerful exchanges!  >:(
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8083 on: June 19, 2015, 04:52:44 am »
#$%* all of them seem to understand what an amendment actually is.
The only modern thinking that frightens me (and I'm open to new approaches for the record) is those Americans (or perhaps internationals) who don't realize that the Amendments 1-10 are our Bill of Rights. These rights are declared to be self-evident, and inalienable. Those are the tenets of our Constitution. That is not a trivial bit of semantics.

The article cited is not the first example of such an idea. What saddens me is they want to focus on treating an inanimate object and not the villainy and evil that brings the behavior.

But Mick7504 is right, we hashed all this out in a different, focused thread.

So what pisses me off is members bringing up the sewage from a dead horse kicking thread into one filled with cheerful exchanges!  >:(

I liked the irony in his attack on free speech while protesting his 2nd amendment rights....funny sh1t.... :o ;D ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #8084 on: June 19, 2015, 05:01:51 am »
I liked the irony in his attack on free speech while protesting his 2nd amendment rights....funny sh1t.... :o ;D ;)
Right you are, Mick. No funny sh!t in a pissed off thread! Damn some people got to learn the rules-

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline motocyconomad

• Expert
« Reply #8085 on: June 19, 2015, 10:25:51 am »
Well to add to the schidtty weather we've been having all week, I discovered that my wonderful plumbing job from last week wasn't entirely successful. Sure, I unblocked the pipe from the house to the vent pipe, but the pipe from the vent pipe to the sewer trap was still blocked.

What this all means is that instead of the "effluent" going down into the trap, it went up, into my back yard. When I wandered down to check it out this afternoon, it looked like a boiling volcano of turds and toilet paper surrounding the open vent pipe.

I bought a "Poo Snake" from Aldi for 8 bucks on Monday, so I put it to good use, shoving it up to it's handle into the blockage, and cranking it like a Model T Ford, until it made a large farting sound (complete with stench) and then a sucking, gurgling noise, as the buildup of pee and poop suddenly disappeared down the pipe, much to my relief. (no pun intended)

I used my garden hose to force all the blind mullets and used corn surrounding the hole in the ground back into the vent pipe, which promptly blocked the pipe again, so once again the Poo Snake came into play, and I managed to unblock it in record time. (well, I've really no idea what the record is for unblocking a sewer, but I'm sure I was up there in the gold medal category)   

God smiles on his little children though, so after I'd immersed myself in the shower and put on some clean duds I walked out to the letter box to find that the paperwork for my "Club Permit" for my mighty Honda XR500R had arrived, so I raced off to the local VICROADS (DMV) office and got my shiny new "Red Plate". Tomorrow, regardless of the foul weather, I'm going for a ride, and hopefully I won't get too wet and cold and pissed off............... ;D

Hats off to you dude.... I hate doing #$%*ty plumbing jobs. I had to do #$%* like that on a Costa Rican farm only with much more rudimentary tools.

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #8086 on: June 19, 2015, 12:04:11 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/rtenews/videos/1102433246452343/

Kev

Compelled to post after watching that video Kev. So moving. Thinking of you and yours at this sad time, with some understanding of their loss. Thankfully the anger dissipates eventually, but while it's there those insensitive cnuts at the NYT are fair game I reckon.

Thanks mate !!

Here is a longer version of the original with video :
THANKS to the Willis Clan ! Good on ye !

Not many happy people in Dublin these last few days, but feck it we get on with life.

Some good news :

Aer Lingus treated the bereaved parents so well on their sad trip to San Francisco - I am sure they will do even better on the trip home.

A call has gone out to passengers on flights to Ireland this weekend to voluntarily give up seats to help as many friends of the deceased get back home. I have no doubt that this will be heeded.

Ex President of Ireland Mary McAleese also gave the N Y Times a bit of a scourge, in addition to our ambassador, : http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/berkeley-tragedy-mary-mcaleese-letter-to-the-new-york-times-1.2253569

My God daughter is OK, getting on with discovering Oz, but has posted some beautiful photos on Facebook that include her and one of the victims of this tragedy

The municipal authorities in Berkeley are really helping to the max of their abilities

Hospitals in the Bay area are looking after the seven injured with great dedication, and cost has been ruled out as any concern.

Not so good news :

The lead writer of the shameful article in the NY Times is one Adam Nagourney who is one right cnut. But how could he ever be expected to understand the grief experienced by parents at the loss of their children when the Good Lord has not blessed him with any offspring ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Nagourney

You fcukah, I know where you live.

Kev

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #8087 on: June 19, 2015, 12:43:36 pm »
Kev he sounds like one of those #$%*y homophiles that feels the world owes him understanding but has none itself. As far as the sadness goes the Irish and the Scots have massive shoulders for that.
Bill the demon.

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #8088 on: June 19, 2015, 12:53:13 pm »
Kev he sounds like one of those #$%*y homophiles that feels the world owes him understanding but has none itself. As far as the sadness goes the Irish and the Scots have massive shoulders for that.
Bill the demon.

In our DNA Bill, thanks.

Kev

Offline socal1200r

• Enthusiast
« Reply #8089 on: June 19, 2015, 05:44:53 pm »
Bill the demon.

So the title of this thread is partly "...what pisses you off", and I'm getting called out for posting something that pisses me off?!  Wow, what are you guys, the thread posting police nazis?!  Lol, whatever dudes...

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8091 on: June 19, 2015, 06:26:06 pm »
Bill the demon.

So the title of this thread is partly "...what pisses you off", and I'm getting called out for posting something that pisses me off?!  Wow, what are you guys, the thread posting police nazis?!  Lol, whatever dudes...
Nothing personal intended mate.
Glad that you are pissed off.
It's just that some subjects can lead into a bit of hostility as we all know which will piss the Mods off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8092 on: June 19, 2015, 11:21:53 pm »
Bill the demon.

You post that crap only hours after 9 people were slaughtered in a shooting in North Carolina...Amazingly insensitive at best .... ::) That pissed us off, and under your own definition we are in the right place, doing the right thing....
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:23:58 pm by Retro Rocket »
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8093 on: June 20, 2015, 12:38:50 am »
Bill the demon.

Ha ha, SOCAL hasn't realised that Bill wasn't saying anything.bad about him, he was bagging out the Journo who upset Kev. Can someone explain to SC the difference between a Homophobe and a Homophile? Illiterate buggers that shoot from the lip piss me off........ ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8094 on: June 20, 2015, 01:23:57 am »
Well, the girls have flown out of Darwin on the Singapore leg of their flight to Tegal Flughafen, Berlin.
It's a 25 1/2 hour journey which includes 18 1/2 hours of seat time on Singapore Airlines.
Just the thought of that pisses me off.

The last time that we flew there was with Air France and I couldn't wait fast enough to drag my arse outa that fcuken aeroplane seat.

So this arvo, me and Charlie headed down to the shed to put the chainsaw back together that I pulled apart last weekend.
It had a busted unshouldered 30 x 8 bolt that needed replacing.
After pulling the the joint apart trying to find a fcuka, all was in vein.
Every fcuken size but 30 x 8.

Half a fcuken dozen stubbies of nice cold beer dissapeared on that mission and the fcuken chainsaw is still in bits on the bench.

So that's it for today.
Charlies got a bowl full of tucker, I'm gunna fire up the barbie and the fcuken chainsaw can get fcuked.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #8095 on: June 20, 2015, 01:26:59 am »
Well, the girls have flown out of Darwin on the Singapore leg of their flight to Tegal Flughafen, Berlin.
It's a 25 1/2 hour journey which includes 18 1/2 hours of seat time on Singapore Airlines.

The last time that we flew there was with Air France and I couldn't wait fast enough to drag my arse outa that fcuken aeroplane seat.

So this arvo, me and Charlie headed down to the shed to put the chainsaw back together that I pulled apart last weekend.

Half a fcuken dozen stubbies of nice cold beer dissapeared on that mission and the fcuken chainsaw is still in bits on the bench.

So that's it for today.
Charlies got a bowl full of tucker, I'm gunna fire up the barbie and the fcuken chainsaw can get fcuked.  ;D

Let the party begin !

Kev

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8096 on: June 20, 2015, 02:28:58 am »

So that's it for today.

Let the party begin !

Kev
The old saying Kev - Absence makes the heart grow fonder.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #8097 on: June 20, 2015, 02:42:42 am »
Wish I was  there Mick repairing a chainsaw with copious quantities of suds sounds a good way for a day to pass.
Bill the demon.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8098 on: June 20, 2015, 03:20:25 am »
Wish I was  there Mick repairing a chainsaw with copious quantities of suds sounds a good way for a day to pass.
Bill the demon.
The day dissapeared in a hurry Bill.
It always does when your having fun.
The girls will be at Changi Airport, Singapore now and wrestling with the crowd.
I'm sitting here with another coldy and Charlie's curled up under my seat.
That doesn't piss me off.
Happy dog, happy house I reckon.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8099 on: June 20, 2015, 04:50:14 am »
I wish I was there drinking Mick's beer, watching him work and offering mostly unwanted advice......... ;D