Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1385726 times)

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8125 on: June 22, 2015, 05:11:58 am »
The entire lot of you Aussies on the roads.... It's like playing Dodgeball with animals V humans! Gee! I used to envy your lifestyles, not so much anymore unless you're content to stay at home and while away the time sipping frothy cool beverages.

By the way, do you need a special permit to hunt Water Buffalo with a Prado? I thought I read somewhere that the Holden delivers with one on the plate, but don't know about the Prado?
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline SOHC4 Cafe Racer Fan

• Speak up, Whipper-Snapper! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC/4 Member #1235
« Reply #8126 on: June 22, 2015, 09:31:31 am »
Damn that thing looks enormous?  That road looks clear and large enough to see it coming, but maybe they move fast??
1975 CB550K1 "Blue" Stockish Restomod (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=135005.0)
1975 CB550F1 frame/CB650 engine hybrid "The Hot Mess" (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,150220.0.html)
2008 Triumph Thruxton (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,190956.0.html)
2014 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster 800
2015 Yamaha FZ-09 (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,186861.0.html)

"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them — but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one.... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba." Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature, Cycle World, March 1995.  (http://www.latexnet.org/~csmith/sausage.html and https://magazine.cycleworld.com/article/1995/3/1/song-of-the-sausage-creature)

Sold/Emeritus
1973 CB750K2 "Bionic Mongrel" (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132734.0) - Sold
1977 CB750K7 "Nine Lives" Restomod (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=50490.0) - Sold
2005 RVT1000RR RC51-SP2 "El Diablo" - Sold
2016+ Triumph Thruxton 1200 R (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,170198.0.html) - Sold

Offline Tews19

• I am no
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8127 on: June 22, 2015, 09:48:07 am »
The entire lot of you Aussies on the roads.... It's like playing Dodgeball with animals V humans! Gee! I used to envy your lifestyles, not so much anymore unless you're content to stay at home and while away the time sipping frothy cool beverages.

By the way, do you need a special permit to hunt Water Buffalo with a Prado? I thought I read somewhere that the Holden delivers with one on the plate, but don't know about the Prado?

I think the game is called Frogger!

What does the water buffalo taste like? Chicken?
1969 Honda CB750... Basket case
1970 Honda CB750 survivor.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #8128 on: June 22, 2015, 10:00:50 am »
No way, Tews, gotta be more like pork, you know, the other white meat! Actually, Water buffalo are "bovids" so truly more of a beef animal.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8129 on: June 22, 2015, 02:21:30 pm »
That fella driving the Prado walked away unscathed amazingly except for bit of a shake up and a few bruises.

The Water Buffalo steaks are good tucker on the barbeque.
It's rich red meat that needs to be marinated first to get rid of that "wild" taste and tenderise it a bit.
The butchers also sell Buffalo sausages as well as Camel snags and Croc steaks.

What are we having for tea tonight men.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #8130 on: June 22, 2015, 02:39:39 pm »
It's rich red meat that needs to be marinated first to get rid of that "wild" taste and tenderise it a bit.
Do you use 10-40 or lean toward 20-50? I mean, if you're hunting them with autos, is the wild taste from their diet or from the grille and motor that plows them up  ;)

We have deer in abundance here, about 60-90 kilos on average. They make a mess of lots of cars, bikes and trucks. But a Water Buffalo, geez! That's a whole other danger- you guys have my utmost respect for piloting a motorcycle within their midsts.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8131 on: June 22, 2015, 04:51:48 pm »
That fella driving the Prado walked away unscathed amazingly except for bit of a shake up and a few bruises.

Like venison Mick...?
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #8132 on: June 22, 2015, 06:05:10 pm »
Pete, that reminded me of the bloke Brian (Bear) introduced me to at the Royal Talbot Hospital in Kew when Brian was recovering from his crash. This poor bugger was out on his MV Agusta (I can't remember, but it was a big Italian sports bike?) when a big 'Roo ran into him at right angles and and shoved him and his bike into a tree at 60 MPH.

I can't remember either whether he was a Paraplegic or Quadriplegic, (I've got a feeling he was a quadriplegic with limited use of one arm) but either way, that 'Roo fcuked up his life, for good. 

Got an update on Chris for you Tez.
I talked to him a couple of months ago, and he's kicking plenty of goals.

Apparently his concreting business is going from strength to strength.
He's had three Aprillia's since he got out of Talbot.
He replaces them at every model change.
He can't ride em, but he keeps buying em.
Apparently it pisses his missus off no end. ;D

He's a parra, same as me.
And like me he had a pretty bad "brackeal pleckses injury" (not spelt right).
But unlike me it didn't improve to much, so his left arm is pretty well stuffed.

I'll say g'day for you next time we catch up.

Cheers,
Brian
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 06:06:55 pm by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8133 on: June 23, 2015, 12:50:27 am »

Like venison Mick...?
Yes mate, no worries.
If I'm hungry, I'll eat the arse of a low flyin' duck.
The ol' Magpie Goose is good tucker, but it has to be marinated for about a week.
We use to go out Goose shootin' every Thursday night and then fire up the barbie in the bush after curfew and knock up some Goose Sartays and woof into 'em with some Peanut Sauce on fresh bread.
Then wash 'em down with a cold beer.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8134 on: June 23, 2015, 01:03:19 am »
Do you use 10-40 or lean toward 20-50? I mean, if you're hunting them with autos, is the wild taste from their diet or from the grille and motor that plows them up  ;)

We have deer in abundance here, about 60-90 kilos on average. They make a mess of lots of cars, bikes and trucks. But a Water Buffalo, geez! That's a whole other danger- you guys have my utmost respect for piloting a motorcycle within their midsts.
There's always a danger lurking Cal.
Whether it be wildlife or another unobservant road user.
I think that one of the best things to do is to anticipate the probabilities without being distracted from your mission.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8135 on: June 23, 2015, 02:19:36 am »
Pete, that reminded me of the bloke Brian (Bear) introduced me to at the Royal Talbot Hospital in Kew when Brian was recovering from his crash. This poor bugger was out on his MV Agusta (I can't remember, but it was a big Italian sports bike?) when a big 'Roo ran into him at right angles and and shoved him and his bike into a tree at 60 MPH.

I can't remember either whether he was a Paraplegic or Quadriplegic, (I've got a feeling he was a quadriplegic with limited use of one arm) but either way, that 'Roo fcuked up his life, for good. 

Got an update on Chris for you Tez.
I talked to him a couple of months ago, and he's kicking plenty of goals.

Apparently his concreting business is going from strength to strength.
He's had three Aprillia's since he got out of Talbot.
He replaces them at every model change.
He can't ride em, but he keeps buying em.
Apparently it pisses his missus off no end. ;D

He's a parra, same as me.
And like me he had a pretty bad "brackeal pleckses injury" (not spelt right).
But unlike me it didn't improve to much, so his left arm is pretty well stuffed.

I'll say g'day for you next time we catch up.

Cheers,
Brian

Good on you Brian, thanks for that mate, as you know, I don't pay much attention to anything, but I learned so much from visiting you at the Austin and then later at the Royal Talbot, fcuk, what an eye opener!

For a bloke like me who's had heaps of get-offs, but no really serious injuries, and only a crook back from schidtty parachute landings, to see you and your new friends being so positive after being smashed beyond recognition, and carrying such devastating injuries with absolutely no self pity or even giving up motorcycling was, and still is so humbling.

Please give Chris my regards, he probably doesn't remember me and that's fair enough, but I'll never forget him.

I was looking for a pic of you in hospital to post here but then I found a pic I took of Sally the wonder dog not long before she snuffed it, if you look hard enough you can see that she was almost blind with cataracts and at almost 17 years old, was having a few problems getting around, but like you and Chris, she never felt sorry for herself, she just got on with it, which is a remarkable quality. Cheers, Terry. ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8136 on: June 23, 2015, 02:35:37 am »
Sally's a bloody good looking dog Terry.
Her markings are so close to Charlie, just a different body shape and ears.
Nothings ever to hard for the ol' dishlickers.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8137 on: June 23, 2015, 03:10:22 am »
Thanks Mick, she'd have gotten on well with Charlie, she was a good old pooch, she loved eating my peanut butter sandwiches, my new workgloves, and tennis balls. I've gotta get my new fences put up so I can get another pup, this is the longest it's been where I haven't had a dog, and I think we all need one. Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #8138 on: June 23, 2015, 04:23:14 am »
^^^^^^^, one of my old dogs, Hogan the Great Dane, was born with a curved, twisted, arthritic spine, missing muscle groups in all 4 legs,, arthritis in most joints of his body, deaf as a post and dumber than his own $hit, but he never ever seemed to have any regrets or complaints, he was by far the most cheerful, loving dog i've ever met. i'll miss him til the end of my days
we still had his sister (Priscilla)after he went and she was deaf too and nearly completely blind by the end, but again, never complained about anything, just wanted to share whatever i was doing and never failed to offer total unquestioning love (if not obedience....)
she's been gone a while now but we just couldn't get by without a dog so we went out and splashed big bucks on a pedigree Dane, with the intention of getting a dog that at least wasn't broken when we got it. then we decided she was probably lonely in the yard on her own so we got another rescue. best move we could have made, Finn is the craziest, happiest, friendliest dog you will ever meet, he and Lei-Lani were best friends from the second they met, they absolutely love each other
i guess what i'm trying to say is dogs are indeed our best friends, unconditional, unquestioning and uncomplaining. being around them and 'owning' them has taught me far more than i would have ever believed it would. having seen what they can do and still get on with it sometimes helps me when the arthritis etc kicks in and makes just moving a fairly painful thing to do. just tell meself to shut up and get on with it......
anyway enough dribbling from me, heres some pics of the kids

this is Hogan, you can see how skinny he was, didn't matter how much we fed him he never put any weight on, people thought we were starving him

his siter, priscilla, deaf, blind and very sneaky......

Lei-Lani, the puppy version, she's a bit bigger now, closer to 60kg than the 20kg when we got her

and finally, Finn, the miniature Irish Wolfhound, got more love than he knows what to with

i blame Terry

Offline Remcod

• Enthusiast
« Reply #8139 on: June 23, 2015, 01:16:57 pm »
Cannot have enough bikes beer and dogs to guard them

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
    • old japanese parts and bikes
« Reply #8140 on: June 23, 2015, 04:05:57 pm »
we lost our dog, an australian sheepdog, last year.
debating getting another dog, but something smaller.
Laugh at least once a day.
Life  $ucks, then you die.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
God forces us to live with  non-believers to test our resolve.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8141 on: June 23, 2015, 07:17:03 pm »
Gorgeous dogs Spotty, and an excellent story. Cheers, Terry. ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8142 on: June 24, 2015, 03:03:56 am »
Well I mixed Jack Daniels, Coruba Rum and Chivas Regal in equal parts, and I've gotta say, I'm only pissed off because I'd never tried it before, this stuff is magic! ;D

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #8143 on: June 24, 2015, 06:08:51 am »
Well I mixed Jack Daniels, Coruba Rum and Chivas Regal in equal parts, and I've gotta say, I'm only pissed off because I'd never tried it before, this stuff is magic! ;D
title of new book: Memoirs of an Ambivalent Alcoholic

Good to you know you hold no prejudices towards any type of libation, Terry.  :D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8144 on: June 24, 2015, 06:43:15 am »
Prejudices Cal? How about Bacardi white rum, the most disgusting liquid ever poured into ma maff! I've heard they do a good red rum though, I might have to give it a go, I just ran out of Coruba.......... ;D

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #8145 on: June 24, 2015, 07:45:35 am »
When I drink, I only drink Dark Rum. Stay thirsty my friend-

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #8146 on: June 24, 2015, 08:19:29 am »
Yeah if you guys can get it Lemon Hart 151 Navy Rum. Premium Pain Killer gets rid of the shivers and other ailments
Bill the demon.

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
    • old japanese parts and bikes
« Reply #8147 on: June 24, 2015, 09:28:33 am »
pissed....my wife drank some rum this past weekend. 1st time in like maybe 30years. She got pissed.

Pissed me off as i had to try and stay sober to drive home. Couldn't do it.

had someone else drive me home as I was pissed drunk by 1/2 through the 2nd drink of lemon drop something....

i guess you could say i'm a cheap drunk.  8)
Laugh at least once a day.
Life  $ucks, then you die.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
God forces us to live with  non-believers to test our resolve.

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #8148 on: June 24, 2015, 01:43:09 pm »
To my friend Adam

You lousey scribbler I dedicate this to you and your wife  :
You have not just pissed me off, but thousands others also. A record, truly.

Kev

Offline SOHC4 Cafe Racer Fan

• Speak up, Whipper-Snapper! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC/4 Member #1235
« Reply #8149 on: June 24, 2015, 04:34:39 pm »
When I drink, I only drink Dark Rum. Stay thirsty my friend-

Cal,
If you haven't tried it yet, sample some Ron Zacapa Centenario 23.  One of the better dark rums -- great for sipping on the rocks.
1975 CB550K1 "Blue" Stockish Restomod (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=135005.0)
1975 CB550F1 frame/CB650 engine hybrid "The Hot Mess" (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,150220.0.html)
2008 Triumph Thruxton (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,190956.0.html)
2014 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster 800
2015 Yamaha FZ-09 (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,186861.0.html)

"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them — but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one.... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba." Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature, Cycle World, March 1995.  (http://www.latexnet.org/~csmith/sausage.html and https://magazine.cycleworld.com/article/1995/3/1/song-of-the-sausage-creature)

Sold/Emeritus
1973 CB750K2 "Bionic Mongrel" (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132734.0) - Sold
1977 CB750K7 "Nine Lives" Restomod (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=50490.0) - Sold
2005 RVT1000RR RC51-SP2 "El Diablo" - Sold
2016+ Triumph Thruxton 1200 R (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,170198.0.html) - Sold