Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1385738 times)

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8150 on: June 24, 2015, 06:28:05 pm »
I'm happy to sip dark rum anywhere, even atop a rock, Don  :)
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8151 on: June 24, 2015, 07:04:10 pm »
I'm happy to sip dark rum anywhere, even atop a rock, Don  :)

Have you tried any of Appletons rum Cal, one of the best around, their 21 year old is sublime, haven't tried anything older from them, it costs a small fortune but I imagine its good... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #8152 on: June 24, 2015, 07:11:32 pm »
No, I'm no connosuier of rums. I basically drink Myers or Mt Gay on rare occasions when I do drink. Summertime might see me knock of a liter over during the heat wave. Maybe for the 4th I'll have to stock up!
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8153 on: June 24, 2015, 07:37:42 pm »
Well I'm no poser, er, I mean, "connoisseur" of rums either, especially when I'm paying for it, quantity far outweighs quality. I've just done a search in Dan Murphy's (my favourite booze dealer) site, and the winner is............. Bundaberg Red. It's received some good reviews, so I'll give it a bash, and if it doesn't meet expectations, I'll "blend" it with whatever else I've got in my booze cabinet to improve it. Cheers, Terry. ;D

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_916962/bundaberg-red-rum-700ml
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8154 on: June 25, 2015, 01:10:21 am »
The only benefit from drinking rum, is that it guarantees free accomodation for the evening
At the Police Station.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8155 on: June 25, 2015, 02:08:07 am »
Ha ha, it's a pity that Dave hasn't graced us with his presence Mick, he has a really good story about why he's not allowed to drink spirits which is ironic for me, because most of my crimes were perpetrated under the influence of beer............ ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8156 on: June 25, 2015, 02:26:51 am »
That's for sure mate.
I reckon that Dave's story wins first prize by a country mile.
But that's his story tell.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8157 on: June 25, 2015, 03:52:26 am »
Yep, he told me another story "off line" Mick, which I'm not allowed to repeat, but it does explain a lot about why he prefers a nice cold beer to the demon liquor............. ;D

I've got a massive pine tree growing behind my place, I quite like it, although I'm sure that eventually it'll fall on the house. On Monday night it got quite windy, and a couple of the branches were beating the roof like a red-headed step child, which pissed me off.

On Tuesday, I conducted "Operation Bag Drop" as my son described it, which involved the wife and I picking up my mother in law and her sister, and driving them 80 miles to Portarlington. We stopped for lunch (and to air the car out from sneaky old farts and Lavender perfume) along the way, and after lunch I won a small fortune on a poker machine.

Rather than invest this windfall in alcohol, I jumped on eBay and bought a 65cc "Pole Saw" that I'd been admiring, but the wife hadn't been keen on me buying. It was delivered this afternoon, so after a few minutes of assembly, it was ready for testing.

The quality of the thing was surprising for what it cost, ($189) it's Chinese of course, but seems well made. 65cc two strokes are a lot harder to pull start than 35cc 2 strokes, but once I got the hang of it, it started first pull, and I removed the two large branches that had been doing the drum solo on my roof in only a few minutes.

I was thinking about chopping a few more branches off for good measure, but the wife told me to put my new toy away, which pissed me off, I was having fun. Oh well, last time I had a free run with a chainsaw I totally denuded the mother in laws back yard and it took 2 tip trucks to remove the carnage, so maybe she was right.............. ;D

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
    • old japanese parts and bikes
« Reply #8158 on: June 25, 2015, 05:58:00 pm »
When I drink, I only drink Dark Rum. Stay thirsty my friend-

Cal,
If you haven't tried it yet, sample some Ron Zacapa Centenario 23.  One of the better dark rums -- great for sipping on the rocks.

You guys probably spend way too much on alcohol. I only buy the middle of the road stuff for people whom come over.
It pisses me off, but I can  no longer drink. But it's ok as I never did like anything but beer, wine, cheeze and women. :-)

http://www185.pair.com/canukvt/kaw/s2project/carb1arrrgh.JPG
Laugh at least once a day.
Life  $ucks, then you die.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
God forces us to live with  non-believers to test our resolve.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8159 on: June 25, 2015, 08:20:41 pm »
Yep, he told me another story "off line" Mick, which I'm not allowed to repeat, but it does explain a lot about why he prefers a nice cold beer to the demon liquor............. ;D

I've got a massive pine tree growing behind my place, I quite like it, although I'm sure that eventually it'll fall on the house. On Monday night it got quite windy, and a couple of the branches were beating the roof like a red-headed step child, which pissed me off.

On Tuesday, I conducted "Operation Bag Drop" as my son described it, which involved the wife and I picking up my mother in law and her sister, and driving them 80 miles to Portarlington. We stopped for lunch (and to air the car out from sneaky old farts and Lavender perfume) along the way, and after lunch I won a small fortune on a poker machine.

Rather than invest this windfall in alcohol, I jumped on eBay and bought a 65cc "Pole Saw" that I'd been admiring, but the wife hadn't been keen on me buying. It was delivered this afternoon, so after a few minutes of assembly, it was ready for testing.

The quality of the thing was surprising for what it cost, ($189) it's Chinese of course, but seems well made. 65cc two strokes are a lot harder to pull start than 35cc 2 strokes, but once I got the hang of it, it started first pull, and I removed the two large branches that had been doing the drum solo on my roof in only a few minutes.

I was thinking about chopping a few more branches off for good measure, but the wife told me to put my new toy away, which pissed me off, I was having fun. Oh well, last time I had a free run with a chainsaw I totally denuded the mother in laws back yard and it took 2 tip trucks to remove the carnage, so maybe she was right.............. ;D

I've had a chainsaw fixing week this week mate.
Since the missus is away, I'm "allowed" to be down in the shed when I feel like it.

Anyway, I got the ol' Makita chainsaw back together on Sunday after finding a replacement bolt at Bunnings, but the fcukas only sold 'em in a 2 pack which was about as handy as a fcuken ashtray on a motorbike.
It's no big deal, but the other spare bolt is gunna be lonely for the rest of it's life because I'll probably never need it.

So feeling rather pleased with myself, I dug the ol' Stihl AV010 chainsaw out and cleaned off about 10 years worth of dust and cobwebs from it.
First thing was to pull the spark plug and give it a clean and regap it and then a drink of newly mixed 2 stroke juice.
After about half a dozen rips on the cord, the 37cc big bore fired into life.
You fcuken beauty, I was as happy as a dog with 2 dicks.

Then I was trying to remember what fcuked up on it all of those years ago when I got the sh1ts with it and chucked it into the chainsaw dungeon.
It was something playing up with the centrifugal clutch, so I pulled it apart and gave it a clean up but all that I could find was a needle roller bearing that looked a bit sus.
So I've ordered a new needle roller from the bearing mob which should be here early next week.

If that gets it going again, then I'm gunna be the proud owner of 2 chainsaws and the landscape around my joint might be looking a bit different when the cook gets back from holidays.
I know that she trusts me, but, she doesn't trust me with a chainsaw, especially 2 of the fcukas.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline riverfever

• Master
« Reply #8160 on: June 25, 2015, 09:24:53 pm »
My alcohol consumption has been drastically reduced since being diagnosed with celiacs. No more beer. Well...no more good beer. Paying for gluten free beer just seems stupid. I should be getting paid to drink IT. Some whiskey is ok but some makes me sick. I drank some fireball the other day and paid dearly for it for the next 24ish hours. Lately I've been drinking Sailor Jerry rum.
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=127186.0

"You wouldn't think that out here...a man could simply run clear...out of country but oh my...oh my...nothing but the light." -Ben Nichols

Offline SOHC4 Cafe Racer Fan

• Speak up, Whipper-Snapper! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC/4 Member #1235
« Reply #8161 on: June 25, 2015, 10:09:17 pm »
My alcohol consumption has been drastically reduced since being diagnosed with celiacs. No more beer. Well...no more good beer. Paying for gluten free beer just seems stupid. I should be getting paid to drink IT. Some whiskey is ok but some makes me sick. I drank some fireball the other day and paid dearly for it for the next 24ish hours. Lately I've been drinking Sailor Jerry rum.
Celiac disease is a raw deal. 
1975 CB550K1 "Blue" Stockish Restomod (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=135005.0)
1975 CB550F1 frame/CB650 engine hybrid "The Hot Mess" (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,150220.0.html)
2008 Triumph Thruxton (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,190956.0.html)
2014 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster 800
2015 Yamaha FZ-09 (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,186861.0.html)

"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them — but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one.... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba." Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature, Cycle World, March 1995.  (http://www.latexnet.org/~csmith/sausage.html and https://magazine.cycleworld.com/article/1995/3/1/song-of-the-sausage-creature)

Sold/Emeritus
1973 CB750K2 "Bionic Mongrel" (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132734.0) - Sold
1977 CB750K7 "Nine Lives" Restomod (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=50490.0) - Sold
2005 RVT1000RR RC51-SP2 "El Diablo" - Sold
2016+ Triumph Thruxton 1200 R (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,170198.0.html) - Sold

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8162 on: June 26, 2015, 02:14:23 am »
Oh hell yeah, my missus has celiac and it is a pain in the #$%*ing arse.  You never realise what wheat is in till you have to cater for someone who can't eat it.   :-\
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8163 on: June 26, 2015, 03:03:08 am »
Yep, my son can't have any gluten or any dairy, so that's pretty much everything. I can't eat shellfish, but that's fine, I can't stand the smell of that stuff anyway. ;D

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8164 on: June 26, 2015, 03:11:36 am »
Yep, my son can't have any gluten or any dairy, so that's pretty much everything. I can't eat shellfish, but that's fine, I can't stand the smell of that stuff anyway. ;D
Yeah I shouldn't eat dairy, but I like the stuff too much so I just put up with extra farting every now and then ;D .  I couldn't handle not being able to eat shellfish, I love the stuff too much  ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8165 on: June 26, 2015, 03:18:58 am »

Since the missus is away, I'm "allowed" to be down in the shed when I feel like it.

Anyway, I got the ol' Makita chainsaw back together on Sunday after finding a replacement bolt at Bunnings, but the fcukas only sold 'em in a 2 pack which was about as handy as a fcuken ashtray on a motorbike.
It's no big deal, but the other spare bolt is gunna be lonely for the rest of it's life because I'll probably never need it.

So feeling rather pleased with myself, I dug the ol' Stihl AV010 chainsaw out and cleaned off about 10 years worth of dust and cobwebs from it.
First thing was to pull the spark plug and give it a clean and regap it and then a drink of newly mixed 2 stroke juice.

Then I was trying to remember what fcuked up on it all of those years ago when I got the sh1ts with it and chucked it into the chainsaw dungeon.
It was something playing up with the centrifugal clutch, so I pulled it apart and gave it a clean up but all that I could find was a needle roller bearing that looked a bit sus.
So I've ordered a new needle roller from the bearing mob which should be here early next week.

If that gets it going again, then I'm gunna be the proud owner of 2 chainsaws and the landscape around my joint might be looking a bit different when the cook gets back from holidays.
I know that she trusts me, but, she doesn't trust me with a chainsaw, especially 2 of the fcukas.  ;D

No worries Mick, I love my chainsaws, I've got a little Solo that I've had since my Grandfather died and left it to me 30 years ago, but the fuel tank needs a new gasket, and I've got my monster 118cc McCulloch Super Pro 118 (rebadged Dolmar 166) but I need to sharpen the chain after almost cutting thru a bluestone block when chopping up the Wasp Nest in the Aloe Vera bush last year.

Here's a link with a couple of vids of someone who knows what he's doing playing with the same saw as mine, it came standard with a 3 foot bar, but you could buy an optional 6 foot bar for those "big" logs................. ;D

http://www.thisoldchainsaw.com/#!166/cnir

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8166 on: June 26, 2015, 03:24:32 am »
Yeah I shouldn't eat dairy, but I like the stuff too much so I just put up with extra farting every now and then ;D .  I couldn't handle not being able to eat shellfish, I love the stuff too much  ;D

Thanks Andrew, I inherited the shellfish thing from my dad but didn't know until I had my first pizza back in the 1970's and discovered that me and anchovies don't get on, and I can't stand the smell of raw seafood, I just about chuck when I walk through my local shopping centre, and that pisses me off..................... ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8167 on: June 26, 2015, 04:11:52 am »
I've developed an intolerance over the last few years to garlic and onions, which makes it hard going out anywhere for tea, cos nearly everything has garlic in it. Years ago it was never a problem. It gives me a hangover worse than a hangover, which pisses me off cos I don't drink. Crook guts, headache, tiredness. These days I usually just have shnitties, steaks or fish and chips to be safe, but every now and then I get caught out and that pisses me off.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8168 on: June 26, 2015, 04:15:49 am »
Tez, my dear old late mum was allergic to shellfish...I remember the night she discovered the allergy...we had been out for a xmas dinner and she had some crayfish....man I've never seen anyone so violently ill...poor old chook. :(
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #8169 on: June 26, 2015, 04:33:55 am »
Yeah ain't it wonderful getting old and discovering that there is a bunch of things you can't eat anymore stuff that you ate when you were younger with out any sweat used to love Serrano Chiles, Tomatoes, ah #$%* I'm beginning to wonder if the trade off is worth it. Oh and Mick one for each hand that's got to be scary.
Bill the demon.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8170 on: June 26, 2015, 04:36:22 am »

No worries Mick, I love my chainsaws, I've got a little Solo that I've had since my Grandfather died and left it to me 30 years ago, but the fuel tank needs a new gasket, and I've got my monster 118cc McCulloch Super Pro 118 (rebadged Dolmar 166) but I need to sharpen the chain after almost cutting thru a bluestone block when chopping up the Wasp Nest in the Aloe Vera bush last year.

Here's a link with a couple of vids of someone who knows what he's doing playing with the same saw as mine, it came standard with a 3 foot bar, but you could buy an optional 6 foot bar for those "big" logs................. ;D

http://www.thisoldchainsaw.com/#!166/cnir
I reckon that it would've been 25/26 years ago when I bought my Dolmar Whipper Snipper and I'd never heard of the name before.
Fairly sure that they were made by Kawasaki Industries.

Well, this ol' girl is still tickin' over like a champion and I don't recall ever giving it any attention.
Maybe one spark plug back in the early days and apart from that, it's always ready for some action.
And I had to replace the cord head on it once after it wore out from rubbing on rocks and dirt.

We've got this Gamba Grass that grows like a fcuking tree up here that you probably saw in your Army days when you were up North mate.
Along with the other wobbly 2 legged native "Tourist Attractions" of the NT.

The ol' Gamba Grass goes of like a bomb when it catches on fire and it is a pain in the arse to keep under control.
Some c#$%* introduced it here years ago to feed the cattle and now it's a just another head fcuk like these fcuking Cane Toads.

Now they reckon that the fcuking Cane Toads are gunna fcuk up the eco system good and proper because they root like Rattle Snakes and spit out baby fcuking Cane Toads like frangas coming out of a fcuking vending machine.

Well. fcuk it anyway, any fcuking Cane Toad that gets in the way of the Dolmar Whipper Snipper is gunna get it's fcuken arse whipped good 'n proper.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8171 on: June 26, 2015, 04:48:09 am »
Yeah ain't it wonderful getting old and discovering that there is a bunch of things you can't eat anymore stuff that you ate when you were younger with out any sweat used to love Serrano Chiles, Tomatoes, ah #$%* I'm beginning to wonder if the trade off is worth it. Oh and Mick one for each hand that's got to be scary.
Bill the demon.
Arnolds gunna have fcuk all on me when I get these 2 chain saws going Bill.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8172 on: June 26, 2015, 05:06:43 am »
No worries Mick, Dolmar is a German company, they've been making saws for ever, but were "aquired" by Makita in 1991. It's quite possible your weed wacker was made by Kawasaki though, they make loads of different machines. Here's a couple of old Dolmar's ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8173 on: June 26, 2015, 05:45:13 am »
No worries Mick, Dolmar is a German company, they've been making saws for ever, but were "aquired" by Makita in 1991. It's quite possible your weed wacker was made by Kawasaki though, they make loads of different machines. Here's a couple of old Dolmar's ;D

I dunno where I got the Kawasaki from mate.
I thought that I read it or some fcuka  told me.

Speaking of Germany, the missus and daughter Hannah are on a boat cruise around Potsdam at the minute.
That's a wild place full of history.
I went there a few years back and it's a bloody weird feeling being in the same room that Churchill, Truman and Stalin were after the Battle of Berlin.

The Brandenburg Gates is another eye opener, just knowing that a fair bit of history lays there.

Even walking across to the East which is no worries now after the wall got levelled gives a bit of an idea of the differenciatian of how it was at that time.

I've got a piece of the Wall here that the missus bought back when it knocked down.

Berlin is a magic place to visit if you're into a bit of the past.
Not as good as Darwin though which will piss the Germans off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline riverfever

• Master
« Reply #8174 on: June 26, 2015, 12:00:13 pm »

The ONLY plus in it is that it's like I got a slight raise in my monthly pay because I don't hardly buy alcohol any more. Bike should be done sometime in the next few years now!
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=127186.0

"You wouldn't think that out here...a man could simply run clear...out of country but oh my...oh my...nothing but the light." -Ben Nichols