Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1385344 times)

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8225 on: June 30, 2015, 04:54:17 pm »
Probably a Buick...
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8226 on: June 30, 2015, 04:58:26 pm »
Oooher, and what I'm really pissed off about today is electronic banking. Last night I meant to transfer 2 grand to from one bank account to another bank, and I accidentally ticked the wrong box and sent it to an entirely different bank account. Fcuk. I immediately rang my bank, and got their cheery answering machine message that assured me that they'd all gone home for the night, and said, "If you've made an internet banking error, leave a message and we'll call you first thing in the morning.

I left a detailed message with the time, my account details, transaction number, etc, and just like they promised, they rang me first thing this morning to tell me that they can't reverse the transaction? Fcuk! They said, "if you'd told us straight away, we could have caught the transaction and reversed it straight away!" I said, "well that'd be handy if there's been anyone in your fcuking office when I rang, 10 seconds after I realised my error!"

Anyway, they've sent me a form to fill out, and I'll (hopefully) get my money back in a few days. The lesson I've learned from this is, don't do any electronic funds transfers out of the banks business hours, because there's no cnut there to help you once you press the "GO" button................ ;D   
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Justin

• Enthusiast
    • Cj's Garage
« Reply #8227 on: June 30, 2015, 09:33:18 pm »
Oooher, and what I'm really pissed off about today is electronic banking. Last night I meant to transfer 2 grand to from one bank account to another bank, and I accidentally ticked the wrong box and sent it to an entirely different bank account. Fcuk. I immediately rang my bank, and got their cheery answering machine message that assured me that they'd all gone home for the night, and said, "If you've made an internet banking error, leave a message and we'll call you first thing in the morning.

I left a detailed message with the time, my account details, transaction number, etc, and just like they promised, they rang me first thing this morning to tell me that they can't reverse the transaction? Fcuk! They said, "if you'd told us straight away, we could have caught the transaction and reversed it straight away!" I said, "well that'd be handy if there's been anyone in your fcuking office when I rang, 10 seconds after I realised my error!"

Anyway, they've sent me a form to fill out, and I'll (hopefully) get my money back in a few days. The lesson I've learned from this is, don't do any electronic funds transfers out of the banks business hours, because there's no cnut there to help you once you press the "GO" button................ ;D   

Next time you make a bank error you can transfer it to my account mate  ;) My k1 would thank you

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8228 on: July 01, 2015, 12:33:01 am »

Next time you make a bank error you can transfer it to my account mate  ;) My k1 would thank you

Ha ha, I wouldn't mind if it was someone I knew mate, but when it's a nameless/faceless corporation you're dealing with, it's a little scary. I won't do that again......... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8229 on: July 01, 2015, 12:35:53 am »
Probably a Buick...

Thanks mate, and the good news is I drove 290 Km (180 miles) today, the CEL stayed off, and there were no leaks! I think I'll buy a garage hoist, call myself a "mechanic", and start a new business! ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8230 on: July 01, 2015, 01:53:29 am »
I just checked my account and it wasn't mine Tez, and that pisses me off. Of course, it's not too late to redeem yourself  ;)
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8231 on: July 01, 2015, 02:36:22 am »
I just checked my account and it wasn't mine Tez, and that pisses me off. Of course, it's not too late to redeem yourself  ;)

Not in mine either, you really need to pick your act up Terry ;D

Mind you I'm a bit pissed off tonight, I've got to be at work at 6:30 in the morning.   :-\  Oh well the 5 days off was nice, didn't get anywhere near as much done as I wanted to though.  I had to spend just over an hour ironing my uniforms which didn't help my enthusiasm.   ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8232 on: July 01, 2015, 02:43:00 am »
Ooh nice new uniform Andrew, big bubba will be licking his lips...

You might have a tough time coming up with the smoking bans.....nothing like being thrown in the deep end.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8233 on: July 01, 2015, 03:01:42 am »
Ooh nice new uniform Andrew, big bubba will be licking his lips...

You might have a tough time coming up with the smoking bans.....nothing like being thrown in the deep end.
The smoking bans have been in up here for over 12 months.  The crims are now soaking tea leaves and nicotine patches in hot water then drying the tea leaves out, they then use pages out of the bible for papers.  They smell like #$%* and I reckon you would have to be pretty #$%*ing desperate for a smoke to have one.  In my personal opinion tobacco smells bad enough.
1979 CB650Z

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8234 on: July 01, 2015, 03:14:45 am »
Now THAT'S desperate  :o
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #8235 on: July 01, 2015, 03:26:22 am »
Not the most desperate thing I have seen, a few weeks back, while I was on centre placement there was a tranny in there and one of the unit heavies was shagging it.  He had apparently "tricked" himself that it was actually female, so he said.  At that point I threw up a little, but at the same time it was as funny as #$%*. ;D
1979 CB650Z

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8236 on: July 01, 2015, 03:32:33 am »
Not the most desperate thing I have seen, a few weeks back, while I was on centre placement there was a tranny in there and one of the unit heavies was shagging it.  He had apparently "tricked" himself that it was actually female, so he said.  At that point I threw up a little, but at the same time it was as funny as #$%*. ;D

5 speed or Auto...?   8)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #8237 on: July 01, 2015, 03:36:26 am »

5 speed or Auto...?   8)
Yeah, lets go with that ;D
1979 CB650Z

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8238 on: July 01, 2015, 03:40:56 am »
Yeh I think I'd rather shag a gearbox too....
Far out there must be some horrible things going on inside...
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
    • old japanese parts and bikes
« Reply #8239 on: July 01, 2015, 05:16:51 am »
I'll bet it was a 3 speed on the column .  :P
Laugh at least once a day.
Life  $ucks, then you die.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
God forces us to live with  non-believers to test our resolve.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8240 on: July 01, 2015, 05:34:31 am »

5 speed or Auto...?   8)
Yeah, lets go with that ;D

Four on the floor and fats all round.... :o ;D
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
« Reply #8241 on: July 01, 2015, 06:36:20 am »
   Missed out on a CL deal yesterday in my neck of the woods. Responded about an hour and a half after posted and insinuated I would offer more if needed.   Normally I fluff it off and move on to the next but for some reason this one kinda hurts and got me to thinking.
   Why would a very long term, maybe original owner, who has an original paint, cosmetically very nice condition 22K mile 1976 kz900 that has not been started in 10 years wake up one morning and decide he needs to sell it for $500.00 to the first person to send an e-mail. Takes 2 minutes to hit E-bay for a general  idea as to value, and he has internet access. Was he that sick of looking at it for that many years ?
  He emailed me back saying it was just picked up and said  " I think maybe I sold it too cheap"   Ya think--- Just kind of pisses me off a little but congrats to the buyer, bet it will be popping back up on the scene in the very near future with all the flippers around here. One that got away Rant Over-----next-----------   ;D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 06:46:38 am by ekpent »

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #8242 on: July 01, 2015, 05:44:32 pm »
Picked up a minty KZ900 today for next to nothing!  I bet the PO will be PO'd when he finds out how much it was REALLY worth!
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8243 on: July 01, 2015, 05:50:10 pm »
Yeah, that'd piss me off too Eric, I'm looking at a "much modified" 1974 Z1 at the moment and trying to decide whether it's worth the wrath of my wife if I go ahead with it. I've got to keep reminding myself what a diabolical handling POS they were, but hell, they look so cool............ ;D

Picked up a minty KZ900 today for next to nothing!  I bet the PO will be PO'd when he finds out how much it was REALLY worth!

Sweet! ;D

Offline Tews19

• I am no
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8244 on: July 01, 2015, 05:53:17 pm »

Uh ohhh..... I got your back Eric, pics or it didn't happen
1969 Honda CB750... Basket case
1970 Honda CB750 survivor.

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #8245 on: July 01, 2015, 06:09:47 pm »

Yea, just jerk'n ur chain Eric, I couldn't resist! :D
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8246 on: July 02, 2015, 05:21:54 am »

Yea, just jerk'n ur chain Eric, I couldn't resist! :D
  Darn -  I was going to offer you $501.00 for it !!---
  No pic Nick, add was deleted very quickly and did not save a picture but will post when it pops up again for sale---
Terry- Bet a Z1 brings a pretty healthy price down there
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 05:23:59 am by ekpent »

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8247 on: July 02, 2015, 05:34:56 am »
Does anyone remember the sandcast K0 that was on Craigslist a few years ago, half buried in someone's garden? It sold very quickly, and reappeared on eBay a few days later. I shouldn't say too much, I bought this Laverda 750 for $5K, but didn't like it, so I put it on eBay and sold it for $11K for it, much to my surprise.......... ;D

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8248 on: July 02, 2015, 05:38:48 am »
Terry-You sneaky little bas#$rd   ;D  Better load that container while you got some cash !!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 05:40:51 am by ekpent »

Offline Tews19

• I am no
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8249 on: July 02, 2015, 06:27:16 am »
Does anyone remember the sandcast K0 that was on Craigslist a few years ago, half buried in someone's garden? It sold very quickly, and reappeared on eBay a few days later. I shouldn't say too much, I bought this Laverda 750 for $5K, but didn't like it, so I put it on eBay and sold it for $11K for it, much to my surprise.......... ;D

That's a Purdy bike Terry! I've never seen one in person. How did it ride.
1969 Honda CB750... Basket case
1970 Honda CB750 survivor.