Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1385162 times)

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8250 on: July 02, 2015, 06:38:39 am »
Oh god a Laverda in silver rather than orange and you didn't like it how come Terry?
Bill the demon

Offline faux fiddy

• Just becaus I'm the second post on the pissed off thread doesn't mean I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • bike in a box
« Reply #8251 on: July 02, 2015, 10:57:26 am »
Does anyone remember the sandcast K0 that was on Craigslist a few years ago, half buried in someone's garden? It sold very quickly, and reappeared on eBay a few days later. I shouldn't say too much, I bought this Laverda 750 for $5K, but didn't like it, so I put it on eBay and sold it for $11K for it, much to my surprise.......... ;D

And that pisses you off? ???
^^^^^^^/l^^^^^^^^^^^^^^/l^^^
. . ______/ l_________________/  l
<'  '  '   '  o .  . . . . . . .................(
 ' VVVVV'   ')))))____>-''''''''''''''''''\  l
' . vvvv_   -              -                 \/

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #8252 on: July 02, 2015, 12:42:46 pm »
Does anyone remember the sandcast K0 that was on Craigslist a few years ago, half buried in someone's garden? It sold very quickly, and reappeared on eBay a few days later. I shouldn't say too much, I bought this Laverda 750 for $5K, but didn't like it, so I put it on eBay and sold it for $11K for it, much to my surprise.......... ;D

And that pisses you off? ???

Terry is just pumping up his post count :P.  I got to ride a Laverda for a very short time, maybe a mile or two-couldn't tell much about it other than it was one of the coolest looking bikes back in its time....Larry

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8253 on: July 02, 2015, 05:17:05 pm »
Thanks guys, this wasn't a recent purchase, I bought this bike back in 2009, at the same time I bought my brother's Triumph Rocket III (which I still own) and the CB750 that I built and named "Goldie", then sold on awhile later.

I'd loved the looks of the early Laverda SF750 from back in the 1970's when my mate Dobbo and his flat mate both owned them. If you look closely, you'll see a similarity between the Laverda's engine and early Honda twins. That's right, as opposed to  Japanese bike manufacturers regularly "borrowing" design cues from the Europeans, Massimo Laverda drew inspiration from Honda's 305cc "Dream".

The owner of this bike had rebuilt it from several boxes of parts over a couple of years. Like some Italo-philes, he became so entranced with all things Italian, that he went to Italy and brought back an Italian wife, which was his downfall. She obviously didn't share his passion for bikes, or for him for that matter, because he was selling this bike and his BMW R75 (which I missed out on by a bee's dick) to pay his divorce settlement.

What was it like to ride? Well, "back in the day", they were a fantastic bike, with excellent handling, plenty of torque, and a 100 MPH (+) top speed. Mine was in beautiful condition, was reliable (once I replaced the massive battery, which was a nightmare to find in the exact physical case size required, the first one I bought didn't fit, so still powers my ride on mower) and went well, but I found it very harsh in operation, the suspension was hard, the seat was like a plank, the brakes were wooden, and it just wasn't me. It went to a collector in Western Australia who was quite happy to pay another $1000 to have it trucked across to Perth. I don't miss it, but it was a pretty bike, for sure. ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
    • old japanese parts and bikes
« Reply #8254 on: July 03, 2015, 03:38:39 am »
i liked the Laverda Jota triple look, but already had a bike and couldn't afford another one.
pissed me off.
Laugh at least once a day.
Life  $ucks, then you die.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
God forces us to live with  non-believers to test our resolve.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8255 on: July 03, 2015, 04:03:35 am »
I nearly bought a Jota in 1989 when I lived in Brisbane Michel. Sadly it'd had a rough life and instead I bought a Ducati 900SS, but that's another story that pisses me off............. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8256 on: July 03, 2015, 02:47:19 pm »
And I bet you still wish you had that ss today mate, would fund a couple of projects. Never had desire to own a wog bike, but did like jotas. Remember having a bit of a race with one through the hills, think I was on an 1100f, needless to say I won hehe  ;D
And that pissed off the jota rider.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8257 on: July 04, 2015, 12:14:19 am »
Thanks Pete, and for anyone who's lusted after an old bevel drive 900SS but could never afford one, I'm here to tell you that the Jota was a much better bike, but then again, a Chinese Honda knockoff is technically a better bike than an old bevel drive 900SS. I'm surprised that you beat a Jota on an 1100F though mate, I guess you must truly have been a wickedly skilled rider, back in your halcyon days........ ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8258 on: July 04, 2015, 12:52:26 am »
Mate, you know the story....the older I get the faster I was... ;D
But I do remember it, we got to the lights a few km down the hill and he pulled up alongside and just nodded....in a sort of half acknowledgement half fk you type gesture....I might have been on the first of the cbr1000s but pretty sure it was the 1100f. I know you're not a big fan of them, but it was a damn good bike, and in the day when you couldn't afford an 1100r it wasn't a bad alternative. Happy days.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8259 on: July 04, 2015, 01:58:01 am »
But I do remember it, we got to the lights a few km down the hill and he pulled up alongside and just nodded....in a sort of half acknowledgement half fk you type gesture....I might have been on the first of the cbr1000s but pretty sure it was the 1100f. I know you're not a big fan of them, but it was a damn good bike, and in the day when you couldn't afford an 1100r it wasn't a bad alternative. Happy days.

I'm not surprised Peter, the Boldor 1100F were slightly lighter than the Jota and had around 15 more HP, I really like the 1100 rolla doors, good bikes ,the Jota's weren't bad either, I had a mate that had a really nice black one in the 80's, it was the glamour in the group......... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
« Reply #8260 on: July 04, 2015, 05:34:55 am »
   Missed out on a CL deal yesterday in my neck of the woods. Responded about an hour and a half after posted and insinuated I would offer more if needed.   Normally I fluff it off and move on to the next but for some reason this one kinda hurts and got me to thinking.
   Why would a very long term, maybe original owner, who has an original paint, cosmetically very nice condition 22K mile 1976 kz900 that has not been started in 10 years wake up one morning and decide he needs to sell it for $500.00 to the first person to send an e-mail. Takes 2 minutes to hit E-bay for a general  idea as to value, and he has internet access. Was he that sick of looking at it for that many years ?
  He emailed me back saying it was just picked up and said  " I think maybe I sold it too cheap"   Ya think--- Just kind of pisses me off a little but congrats to the buyer, bet it will be popping back up on the scene in the very near future with all the flippers around here. One that got away Rant Over-----next-----------   ;D
  Well I knew it would pop back up again fairly quickly. The $500.00 Kz900 has now became a $3000.00 Kz900.  Guess I now know who the lucky winner was----  :-X   http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/5106174430.html
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:37:22 am by ekpent »

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
« Reply #8261 on: July 04, 2015, 11:00:35 am »
   Missed out on a CL deal yesterday in my neck of the woods. Responded about an hour and a half after posted and insinuated I would offer more if needed.   Normally I fluff it off and move on to the next but for some reason this one kinda hurts and got me to thinking.
   Why would a very long term, maybe original owner, who has an original paint, cosmetically very nice condition 22K mile 1976 kz900 that has not been started in 10 years wake up one morning and decide he needs to sell it for $500.00 to the first person to send an e-mail. Takes 2 minutes to hit E-bay for a general  idea as to value, and he has internet access. Was he that sick of looking at it for that many years ?
  He emailed me back saying it was just picked up and said  " I think maybe I sold it too cheap"   Ya think--- Just kind of pisses me off a little but congrats to the buyer, bet it will be popping back up on the scene in the very near future with all the flippers around here. One that got away Rant Over-----next-----------   ;D
  Well I knew it would pop back up again fairly quickly. The $500.00 Kz900 has now became a $3000.00 Kz900.  Guess I now know who the lucky winner was----  :-X   http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/5106174430.html

looks a bit like the one i restored a few years back, but I put a  4 into 1 exhaust on it. The 74 year old owner pulled a 1/4 mile wheelie on it out of the driveway he was so happy to have it back on the road.

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #8262 on: July 04, 2015, 01:31:09 pm »

I'm not surprised Peter, the Boldor 1100F were slightly lighter than the Jota and had around 15 more HP, I really like the 1100 rolla doors, good bikes ,the Jota's weren't bad either, I had a mate that had a really nice black one in the 80's, it was the glamour in the group......... ;)

I loved my CB1100F, bought it in El Paso (that is in Texas) and smuggled it back to Ireland. Great bike. Of course I would have preferred an 1100R but I was pragmatic and poor at the time. Now I am just poor.

Kev

Offline martin99

• UK Based, Non-
  • Master
  • Adventure before Dementia
« Reply #8263 on: July 05, 2015, 03:21:43 pm »
Two reasons to be pissed off today. >:(

My son went to see AC/DC at Wembley last night, and today he's been full of it. I had the chance to go when he was booking tickets, but must have been super-grumpy that day because I said no. Now he's shown me some clips he took on his phone, with Angus Young hopping around like a man thirty years his junior whilst playing a twenty minute solo, lightening bolts in the background. My boy said it was the best concert he's been to, and he's been to more than a few. Now I wish I had gone.

So I was hoping to cheer myself up by going to a Classic Bike show today, been looking forward to it for weeks and last year the Norton won runner-up Best in Show (beaten by a Triumph, and that pissed me off too!). Anyway, the weather has been good all week, long sunny days and I was geared up for a good day. Woke this morning to find it was pissing down, and it didn't let up until the middle of the afternoon, so the show didn't happen. That pissed me off too :(
Build threads:
77 750F2 Refresh Project http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=144075.0
TRIBSA http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,160296.0.html

1977 CB750 F2
1958 Norton Model 99
2011 Triumph Street Triple 675

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8264 on: July 05, 2015, 03:43:44 pm »
Two very good reasons to be pissed off there Martin, and enough to make me pissed off too.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8265 on: July 06, 2015, 06:25:02 pm »

Ooher, that's a lovely bike Eric, same colour as mine, although to be honest, I much preferred the earlier colour schemes. I'd still like to have one, although I wouldn't trade one for any of the bikes I've currently got in my garage........ ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8266 on: July 07, 2015, 02:59:11 am »
This pisses me off:

But this makes me happy! ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8267 on: July 07, 2015, 03:15:29 am »
Wasting alcohol is bloody deplorable and it pisses me off.
Check this fcuka out.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8269 on: July 07, 2015, 04:45:33 am »
FCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK THAT ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8270 on: July 07, 2015, 05:07:42 am »
By how he talks it sounds like that level of alcohol abuse hasn't affected him in the slightest. ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8271 on: July 08, 2015, 06:09:46 am »
By how he talks it sounds like that level of alcohol abuse hasn't affected him in the slightest. ;D
After all of the years of striving to get to that level, it looks like it just aint gonna happen.
That pisses me off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline flybox1

• My wife thinks I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8272 on: July 08, 2015, 12:02:29 pm »
pisses me off no one showed this to me before high school  ;D
'78 750K (F3 engine) PD42b's, Modified airbox w/K&N  filter, 40/110 jets, 1 needle shim, IMS@ 1 turn out. Kerker + Cone 18" QuietCore

Past Bikes
1974 550K0 (stock), 1973 CB350F (stock), 1983 Yamaha XS400K (POS)
77/78 cool 2 member #3
"Knowledge without mileage equals bullsh!t" - Henry Rollins

"This is my CB. There are many like it, but this one is mineā€¦"

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
« Reply #8273 on: July 08, 2015, 12:37:12 pm »
It pissed me off that while I was on the computer a tree fell from my property, across the road and into the power lines about 25 feet from my garage and started a fire below my garage!  Lost power for hours, but luckily the volunteer fire dept. showed up after only 20 minutes and put it out before it got to within 14 feet of the garage and 4 gascans outside....
Also we had rain for 2 days before so not much went up in flames. My bikes are safe.
That's it, I'm going out back and shoot off a couple of hundred rounds of ammo to let off steam.

ps. my wife brought out water for the firefighters. ;-)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8274 on: July 08, 2015, 04:27:24 pm »
Well done Michel, I guess you would have been pissed off if the power company made you pay for the damage that your tree did to their property? Cheers, Terry. ;D