Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1384985 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8300 on: July 11, 2015, 05:22:22 pm »

Pisses me off that Terry has a bush that grows motorcycle parts instead of fruit!

Yeah mate, the old "Parts Bush" is bloody handy when you're working on old bikes! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8301 on: July 11, 2015, 08:19:17 pm »
The only "Snow" in Darwin is the stuff they use to keep their beers cold, those knobbies have probably been put on by a PO who needed that bike to do some "off road" work, I'm guessing. ;D
The Postie bike has had a life in the bush down near Adelaide River.
I reckon those knobbies were fitted so that you could do a bit of off roading on the way home from the Adelaide River Pub and avoid the booze bus that the coppers would set up on the Stuart Highway.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8302 on: July 11, 2015, 08:38:02 pm »
Have you fired it up yet Mick? I haven't ridden one of those old buggers since 1972, when a friend of mine had a CT90. It was great fun, and kicked my Yamaha GT50's arse, but hey, I was only 12, and I was just happy to stay on it.......... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8303 on: July 11, 2015, 09:11:48 pm »
Have you fired it up yet Mick? I haven't ridden one of those old buggers since 1972, when a friend of mine had a CT90. It was great fun, and kicked my Yamaha GT50's arse, but hey, I was only 12, and I was just happy to stay on it.......... ;D
It hasn't fired yet Terry.
I gave it a good kicking but its dead. Probably rotten fuel through it by the look of the snot in the fuel tank.
The chain hasn't seen a drop of oil since JC played full back for Jerusalem.
The handle bar grips were sticky jelly sh1t that I've just cleaned off with a Stanley knife and acetone and I don't know if there are any cush rubbers left in the back hub.
She's got a fair bit of back and forth slop there.
The thread in the engine case for the drain plug has been butchered too.

But I'll get her going.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8304 on: July 11, 2015, 09:23:12 pm »
That's it mate, get that old bugger back on the road, a bike unridden, is not a bike. ;D

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8305 on: July 12, 2015, 02:35:08 am »
Those little postie bike are great fun off road and with the low first gear they have they'll climb damn near any hill you can point them at, I'm almost jealous Mick ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8306 on: July 12, 2015, 03:17:16 am »
There was a heap of them at motogp a few years ago, had been ridden down from sydney (or was it Brisbane), pretty much hot rodded, big cans, fairings, hot bits, painted in motogp team colours...really pulled a crowd. I've thought about getting one as a commuter now that I'm back in the city, but I'm so close to work I'd spend more time getting the gear on than riding!
Have fun with it mick!  8)
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #8307 on: July 12, 2015, 03:18:42 am »
Mick let me know how it goes maybe it will spur my fat old body to start back on mine.
Bill the demon.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8308 on: July 12, 2015, 03:33:07 am »
There was a heap of them at motogp a few years ago, had been ridden down from sydney (or was it Brisbane), pretty much hot rodded, big cans, fairings, hot bits, painted in motogp team colours...really pulled a crowd. I've thought about getting one as a commuter now that I'm back in the city, but I'm so close to work I'd spend more time getting the gear on than riding!
Have fun with it mick!  8)
That's the problem I've had for the past 2 years Pete, now I've got another job I'm a bit further away from work and it makes it worth while pulling the bike out and riding to work.  Now I just have to get by bike re-registered again, won't be long now ;D.
1979 CB650Z

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #8309 on: July 13, 2015, 09:41:16 am »
A guy on the naked goldwing facebook page asked about the gas in his reserve tank going bad because he never used it. I swear.

Now come on, which one of you hosers is Rick from Nova Scotia?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:43:35 am by Don R »
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8310 on: July 13, 2015, 04:56:25 pm »
A guy on the naked goldwing facebook page asked about the gas in his reserve tank going bad because he never used it. I swear.

Now come on, which one of you hosers is Rick from Nova Scotia?

;D
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8311 on: July 13, 2015, 05:10:59 pm »
Along the same lines....years ago the mate of my mate's son (who was knocking off my mate's estranged wife, ie his mate's mother) and who wasn't blessed with a huge brain (but perhaps due to the inroads he made with my mate's mrs the hugeness of his brain wasn't a priority) was telling me about this Kawasaki 900 he owned with "a very special and rare motor in it, really hot and fast". Oh ok I said, what sort of motor? "It's  the special dutch motor" he said "it's written on the side cover". My little brain ticked over....um, how do you spell that mate? "Doch" he said proudly. I took another swig of beer and calmly pointed out that perhaps it was dohc and that he was a fwit.
It didn't piss me off but I did piss myself.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8312 on: July 13, 2015, 05:19:12 pm »
That reminds me of the lady who couldn't find the "OIL" cap on the tappet covers, all she had was "710".... :o
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8313 on: July 13, 2015, 06:48:58 pm »
When I was in the Army, to help pay for my habit (motorcycle habit, that is) I worked part time at several servo's. (gas stations) At one of them, we had a coin operated pressure washer that used steam and caustic based chemicals to get engines squeaky clean. One morning in the early 90's, a lady drove a Mazda in and asked for the "gun", and disappeared around the back of the building. It was a busy Saturday morning, and I'd almost forgotten about her when she stormed back into the showroom and started screaming that my steam cleaner had stripped the paint off her engine, and engine bay! Fark! We had some useless University students working there part time also, and my first thought was maybe one of these drongo's had added way too much caustic to the machines water tank?

I walked around the back of the building with her while she ranted about my boss compensating her for the damage, which would have run into thousands of dollars. I looked under her bonnet (hood) in horror, the paint on her engine and engine bay was completely gone, and you could see the old paint on the concrete in the wash bay. Double Fark!

I asked her why she was washing her engine anyway, and she explained that she'd topped up her oil and left the oil cap off, and oil had blown all over the underside of her bonnet, engine and engine bay. I asked her if she'd used any degreaser before she used our steam cleaner and she replied that she'd used a can of "Mighty Boy" oven cleaner. "Why?" I asked incredulously, and she replied, "In the adverts, it says that it cuts through grease and grime". I then explained that her choice of oven cleaner was pure caustic soda, (an excellent paint stripper) and she was at fault, not us.

She sure looked pissed off as she drove off, but I just shook my head, some people really are oxygen thieves.............. ;D     

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8314 on: July 13, 2015, 07:33:57 pm »
In a previous job as a service advisor at a dealership not a day would go by without someone doing or saying something to make you shake your head. This one : we did a service on a car and fixed a minor electrical glitch. All done, customer picks up car and 10mins later he's back swearing and ranting "you fkn useless pricks have fkd my car, the passenger window (electric) won't work, I want it fixed and I'll never be back you useless pricks". But sir, we didn't do any work on your passenger window. "Billsh1t, it's not working, you fkd it". I walked out to  the car with him getting in my face and still going off about it. His very ugly mrs was sitting in it and as I opened the driver door she muttered something about useless prick. I leaned in, hit the window lock switch, and as I walked away just said "it's fixed" without looking back. I bet that pissed him off.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:37:44 pm by petercb750 »
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #8315 on: July 14, 2015, 02:27:10 am »
That reminds me of a fella I know who tried to start his bike, when it wouldn't he went searching as to why.  Found it had no spark, then proceded to tear the bike apart to find out why.  He called me when he couldn't find a reason as to why it had no spark.  I walked up to the bike turned the kill switch to on and hit the starter, funnily enough it fired straight up. ;D
1979 CB650Z

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8316 on: July 14, 2015, 05:13:39 am »
In a previous job as a service advisor at a dealership not a day would go by without someone doing or saying something to make you shake your head. This one : we did a service on a car and fixed a minor electrical glitch. All done, customer picks up car and 10mins later he's back swearing and ranting "you fkn useless pricks have fkd my car, the passenger window (electric) won't work, I want it fixed and I'll never be back you useless pricks". But sir, we didn't do any work on your passenger window. "Billsh1t, it's not working, you fkd it". I walked out to  the car with him getting in my face and still going off about it. His very ugly mrs was sitting in it and as I opened the driver door she muttered something about useless prick. I leaned in, hit the window lock switch, and as I walked away just said "it's fixed" without looking back. I bet that pissed him off.

Ha ha, that must have been a great job Pete, sadly some "Service Advisers" don't have the same integrity as you. Case in point, I was working at Pucka from 2002 to 2007, and my first company vehicle was a 2000 Hilux 2.7 petrol dual cab ute that I'd inherited from my predecessor. It had just over 100K on it by then, but was serviced regularly by Seymour Toyota, so I was a tad pissed off that all of the exhaust valves were burned out?

I took it back to Seymour Toyota and the "Service Adviser" was happy to advise that the car needed to have the head reconditioned, and it was gonna cost around $2200. I said, "No worries mate, go for it" and he gave me a lovely smile, and a week later he called me back to say that it was all finished, so I went to collect it.

He handed me the keys and asked if he was just to put it on the company's bill, and I replied, "No mate, it's under warranty". He responded that the warranty had expired, so I told him to check his computer, because Spotless (my then employer) had taken out the extended (160K) warranty, and the paperwork was in with the service manual.

He looked a bit snakey and told me that I should have let him know that we had the extended warranty and I said, "Why? So you could have done a half arsed job and saved a few bucks? No thanks, and how many modern cars burn out exhaust valves after only 100,000 kilometers anyway? There should have been a factory recall on that POS!

As it turned out, it burned the valves out again 40K later, even though Seymour Toyota continued to service it, and next time they replaced the head completely. That must have pissed them off........... ;D 

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8317 on: July 14, 2015, 05:19:24 am »
That's one of the reasons service advising is a previous job....dealers are all the same and if they can cut corners or screw someone they don't hesitate. I didn't fit in.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline socal1200r

• Enthusiast
« Reply #8318 on: July 14, 2015, 05:44:34 pm »
Reminds me of one time at a previous job, a co-worker had a really nice series III Jaguar XJ6, in a light blue metallic.  She leaves to go home, then comes back in and asks me to help her, seems that she can't get her car to start.  I walk with her outside to her car, she hands me the keys, I sit in the driver's seat, look around, then notice the gear selector was in "D".  I distracted her by saying something so I could put it back into "P" without her seeing me, then turned the key and it started right up.  She was surprised, and I told her, it's a Jag, they're quirky like that, lol...

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8319 on: July 15, 2015, 04:06:18 am »
I was bidding on a really nice Ducati, but I got outbid. Not surprising, I stopped bidding at $4K, and this bike was $25K new in 2007, and is probably still worth at least half of that now, with less than 5000 miles from new. The auction finished, and I forgot about it.

Tonight I got a "second chance offer" to buy it for $4100 bucks? Surely the seller is on ice if he only wants 4100 bucks for this bike? I want it, I can afford it, of course the wife will be pissed off if I buy it, but it looks too good to be true, and that pisses me off............... ;D

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #8320 on: July 15, 2015, 04:14:17 am »
you know the 100%  result of "too good to be true"?

Offline faux fiddy

• Just becaus I'm the second post on the pissed off thread doesn't mean I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • bike in a box
« Reply #8321 on: July 15, 2015, 02:05:49 pm »
of course the wife will be pissed off if I buy it, but it looks too good to be true, and that pisses me off............... ;D

She'll be less pissed off when you double your money selling it.
^^^^^^^/l^^^^^^^^^^^^^^/l^^^
. . ______/ l_________________/  l
<'  '  '   '  o .  . . . . . . .................(
 ' VVVVV'   ')))))____>-''''''''''''''''''\  l
' . vvvv_   -              -                 \/

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8322 on: July 15, 2015, 05:56:17 pm »
of course the wife will be pissed off if I buy it, but it looks too good to be true, and that pisses me off............... ;D

She'll be less pissed off when you double your money selling it.

Yeah, and that's the "lever" I'd use to convince her to let me back in the house when I rolled into the driveway with my shiny new(ish) S4R, of course the problem then would then be that I'd never sell it, I've wanted one of these for years! ;D   

Offline faux fiddy

• Just becaus I'm the second post on the pissed off thread doesn't mean I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • bike in a box
« Reply #8323 on: July 15, 2015, 06:13:51 pm »

She'll be less pissed off when you pass away and she gets five times what you paid when she sells it.

Fixed that, but this solution doesn't get you back  in the house in the mean time...
^^^^^^^/l^^^^^^^^^^^^^^/l^^^
. . ______/ l_________________/  l
<'  '  '   '  o .  . . . . . . .................(
 ' VVVVV'   ')))))____>-''''''''''''''''''\  l
' . vvvv_   -              -                 \/

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8324 on: July 15, 2015, 06:33:06 pm »
Ha ha, thanks mate, but I think she'll have to fight my two sons before she'll be able to sell any of my bikes, they've already told me that they want them.......... ;D