Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1384793 times)

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8350 on: July 19, 2015, 04:18:23 am »
Now I want a postie bike too.

Here they ride Kymcos or some such Chinee rubbish. Painted yellow.

Kev

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #8351 on: July 19, 2015, 04:21:26 am »
Kev you want a yellow postie bike?
Bill the demon.

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #8352 on: July 19, 2015, 04:24:06 am »
Bill the demon.

Not a French one Bill. I want an Aussie one, with character. A manly push rod engined bike. But without the wasp nests if possible.

Kev

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
« Reply #8353 on: July 19, 2015, 04:29:30 am »
Well I'd have to go digging but I think I could dig up a yellow tank for one.
Bill the demon.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8354 on: July 19, 2015, 04:47:39 am »
I wanna see what's in Bill's garage! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
« Reply #8355 on: July 19, 2015, 06:31:45 am »
No you don't. it's mostly stuff for projects that haven't any thing to do with bikes.
Bill the demon.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8356 on: July 19, 2015, 01:58:39 pm »
A box on the back for said sausage dog perhaps?  ;)

Cheers,
Brian
It'll have to be a fairly long box Brian to fit Charlie into it.
Probably around the size of a small coffin.
But without the lid and the handles of course.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8357 on: July 19, 2015, 05:33:17 pm »
Bill the demon.

Not a French one Bill. I want an Aussie one, with character. A manly push rod engined bike. But without the wasp nests if possible.

Kev
This how to piss off the fcuking wasps Kev.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Hotwheelbill

• Hot Shot
« Reply #8358 on: July 19, 2015, 06:39:05 pm »
My turn....turn....turn...
Number 2...People that have no clue how a four way stop works!
Number 1.....People that know how a four way stop works, and abuse the piss out of it!!!!!!!!!
I love to make my bikes worthless due to high mileage!
2004 ST1300A .... the fast one. And dragging pegs on a CT.
1972…parts bike
1974…. Rusty frame but runs
1974 CB750..... Powder coated frame and parts, waiting for $$ hot rod motor.
1972 with 1975 old school drag motor

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8359 on: July 20, 2015, 12:31:49 am »
This one was on the news in 2012 Mick, the local tradies built the ramp for the postie, but he came to grief on his first attempt. ;D

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/letter-rip-posties-airmail-delivery-comes-crashing-down-20120410-1wp9q.html
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8360 on: July 20, 2015, 12:41:27 am »
And that reminds me, when I was in the Army I had a reservist working for me who was pretty useless at most things, so he got a job as a Postie. One day he had an impromptu race with another postie and threw his bike away going around a roundabout in the rain.

Anyway, the upshot was he broke his hip and a few other bits, so he told his supervisor that he fell off on a wet road (which wasn't entirely untrue, he just didn't mention the fact that he was going flat stick when he got spat down the road) and his mate backed him up, so he got a compo payout and a transfer into a better paying job in the pubic service, the little prick.

Yes I am jealous, everytime I've come off when I was fcuking around, all I ended up with was a boot up the arse for my troubles, and that pisses me off............ ;D 

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8361 on: July 20, 2015, 02:00:50 am »
This one was on the news in 2012 Mick, the local tradies built the ramp for the postie, but he came to grief on his first attempt. ;D

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/letter-rip-posties-airmail-delivery-comes-crashing-down-20120410-1wp9q.html
I bet he got told that his cheques in the mail after he got the sack for playing Evil Knievel on the Postie Bike.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #8362 on: July 20, 2015, 04:02:19 am »
If I am interpreting Aussie lingo correctly your postmen use those to deliver mail???? Must not have very large routes and/or mail to justify using a mini bike...Larry

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8363 on: July 20, 2015, 04:21:16 am »
That's right Larry.
The Postie Bikes have been around for years and are a bit of an icon in their own right.
I reckon that it was back in the 60's that I remember them.
They've got a fair bit of mobility for zooming around to get the mail delivered.
They are good fun and a tough little bike and parts are still available and reasonably priced.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8364 on: July 20, 2015, 05:04:35 am »
Here in "The Big Smoke" the Posties use CT110's to do their mail runs Larry, but distance wise, each mail distribution centre covers several nearby suburbs, so the furthest the mailman has to ride is probably only 5 or 6 miles from his depot.

They also use bicycles with electric "pedal assist" (electric powered hubs) for working closer to their depots. When I worked part time at a gas station back in the late 80's thru to early 2000's, it used to piss me off when a Postie would fill up his CT110 and I'd have to do a manual card transaction for maybe 2 bucks worth of gas?

And then of course there were the dodgy Posties would want me to add a packet of smokes as "fuel" so I'd tell them to piss off, they obviously weren't very good at math, so it's no wonder so much mail gets "lost"............ ;D   

ken65

« Reply #8365 on: July 20, 2015, 04:29:40 pm »
Tell me if i'm wrong but aren't postie bikes now being made in china or about to be? I reckon a nice mint postie bike would be a good addition to my collection.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8366 on: July 20, 2015, 07:01:58 pm »
Could be Ken, Honda and Yamaha have had their smaller bikes made in China for years, as do BMW and Benelli, just to name a couple of European manufacturers. "Made in China" is OK, if their quality control is good. Cheers, Terry. ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8367 on: July 23, 2015, 04:24:09 am »
Geez, where do I fcuking start?

I was rudely awoken just after midnight by two cops banging on my door. Fark! It turns out that some lowlife scum sucking pig stole the number plate off the back of my beastly little twin turbo Subaru so they could use it to steal another car, apparently? Great, this is the second time this has happened, the last time was when some turd stole the number plate off my Ford when my son parked it in the city one night. Anyway, I now need to cancel those plates and buy some new ones. Thanks Kunt.......

My son said he'd set up my GoPro camera that I bought a couple of years ago and never used, so I could mount it on my Triumph for todays ride. Both fcuking batteries were fcuked. Great. I drove over to the shopping centre to buy a new battery, and saw this knob sitting on the wrong side of the road, even though it was clearly marked with arrows? Sadly I didn't have time to snap the four wheel drive who almost smashed into him, but was smart enough to drive around said wanker.

I drove to the shopping centre, but NONE of the hifi/electronic stores had batteries for sale, even though they sold GoPro's? Fark! I was desperate, so when in Dick Smith's I bought a cheapie gopro knockoff. The bloke behind the counter explained that I'd also need an SD card, so I asked him for the biggest one, as I intended to do a 120 mile ride today. "No worries", he says, and hands me a 50 buck 32 gig card. 50 bucks was a lot for a fcuking SD card, but what the fcuk, off I went. I got home handed it all to my son, and went out to start the Triumph. My son wandered out and explained that the useless prick at Dick Smith had sold me a standard SD card, not the micro SD card I needed. Fark!   

I went to start the Triumph. Now this poor bike only gets ridden occasionally, I don't really know why, it's a torque monster, and I enjoy cruising in top gear at 60 MPH @ 2200 RPM, then just rolling the throttle around to 4000 RPM, which is 100 MPH. Anyway, I thought I better put some fresh gas with a few additives to clean the injectors and stabilise the fuel etc. OK, did that, but the battery ran out of cranking amps before it fired up. Fark! The battery's only a little over 8 years old! Then I noticed that I'd accidentally switched off the trickle charger a few weeks ago, so I got my jump starter pack out and jumped it, and the 2300cc monster burst into life. Woohoo!

Now it's cold here (middle of winter) so I wasn't fussed about the Triumph idling away in the driveway while I found my helmet and jacket, and waited for the wife to move her car out of the driveway, so I could get the Trumpy out, until it started spitting coolant, then green steam out of one of the overflow pipes, Fark!   

I took off, hoping that the cold air would sort out my cooling system, and sho-nuff, by the time I stopped at a gas station to fill it up 25 miles up the highway, it was all good. After that lot, God forgave me for whatever trespasses I was guilty of, and I had a brilliant ride, while it was only around 50 deg F the sun was shining, and I had a fantastic ride, capped off by a visit to the RSL on the way home where I won 500 bucks on the poker machines to add to the 600 I won on Monday while I was waiting for my new tyres to get fitted to my other Subaru. (Rally Roo)

The Triumph needs a service I've decided, even though it's not due for it's second service for another 2500 miles, it's probably overdue time-wise by 7 years, so I better ring Melbourne Triumph and see if I'm still on their computer.

They owe me a free service after screwing me for 2200 bucks when the output shaft bearing exploded a few years ago at Phillip Island (where I first met Pete, so it wasn't all bad) and the fcukers initially led me to believe that they'd fix it for free as it was due to some incompetent clown in the factory installing some of the bearing backwards, then they denied any fault until I threatened to write to every bike magazine and every motorcycle forum to tell the world what I think of Melbourne Triumph, and Triumph's quality control in general, so they gave me back a little cash and agreed (in writing) to do the second service for free, including parts and labour. I've still got their letter, so I'll take it with me when I go to collect the bike. (I won't tell them in advance, to ensure they slimy fcuckers don't take any shortcuts)

I might have to go back to work next week after 2 months of doing nothing, I don't want to but my wife if sick of me being at home, (how could anyone get sick of moi? Impossible!) but if that turns to shiite, I'm thinking about a winter ride to Darwin via Adelaide, I must admit I am a little bored, and I'm sick of the cold weather, and I haven't done a long ride in a long time, so I'm sorely tempted to do a ride up to the warmer weather.

It'll probably piss the wife off, but hey, at least I'll be out of her hair for a couple of weeks? Oh, and they say that "Things are crook in Tallarook", but I found it quite peaceful today..........  Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8368 on: July 23, 2015, 05:00:46 am »
I think Tez wins this week's award for being the most pissed off....but it ends pretty much ok. Wish I had been for a sunny ride instead of sitting in an office dreaming about it.

Terry's coming to Adelaide?  Border patrol on alert!
It's no warmer here mate but I reckon Darwin might be.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8369 on: July 23, 2015, 05:57:26 am »
Darwin weather is perfect at the moment.
Nice warm days and cool evenings.
A bloke doesn't need a stubby cooler in the shed at night time while working on the mighty CT110.
The beers stay just right

A few more months and the weather from hell will begin.
That's when you chuck all of the tucker out of the fridge and fill it full of beer.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
« Reply #8370 on: July 23, 2015, 04:32:59 pm »
Shannons insurance pissed me off the other week (not Pete). I called them for a quote to insure my historic registered, club plated FJ100 for $2500. The bloke quoted me $218. I nearly fell off my chair. I mentioned to him that this re for limited use, club/historic reg. He assured me that the quote was correct.
Next I decided to call NRMA insurance. Gave them all the same info and the quote was $43. That's better. When it comes time to insure my CB750 I'll give Shannons another shot to see if they have lifted their game. I have other insurance with them and they have been good in the past so I've not written them off yet, pun  intended.
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8371 on: July 24, 2015, 03:42:18 am »
Yeah, it's a bit "Hit and Miss" at Shannon's Krusty, I'm happy with all the insurance Pete's arranged for me, I think my CB750's only 40 or 50 bucks per year but I've got a feeling (because I don't understand my insurance notices, they don't tell me how much each vehicle costs to insure) that my FJ1200 is one of the more expensive bikes to insure, with probably the lowest insured value?

Same goes for my bog stock 1995 Subaru, (not my twin turbo beastie) Pete didn't organise the insurance for this one as he was moving house, but I didn't feel like I got much of a deal. All in all though, for 6 bikes and a couple of cars that I have insured with Shannon's, I'm still a happy camper. Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8372 on: July 25, 2015, 03:04:34 am »
Well a bit more done on the Postie today.
I've pulled the arse end apart but not the swingarm.

The troops got back from Berlin yesterday arvo and are still getting the ol' body clock back into sync after the global crossing.

The rear shocks are fcuked and the brake shoe pivot cam was siezed solid which is a good thing if you don't want to wear the bastards out.
So while the arse end was accessible, I pumped in a big mob of degreaser to clean up the build up of solids that had accumulated over the years.
The back wheel is that far out of balance and it swings and sways like Danny Kay so that'll be another thing to sort out.

While the degreaser was soaking in and doing it's job, I took the opportunity to tear the lid off of a nice cold stubby of beer.
When the beer dissapeared, I hit the arse end with the water blaster and guess what.
More fcuking wasp nests fell out.
No bullfcukingsh1t, I couldn't believe it.
Those fcuking poofters must be gone by now after detailing every micro thousands of the Postie.

If not, a blokes gunna be pissed off.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
« Reply #8373 on: July 25, 2015, 06:06:34 am »
Ah well Mick if you can train the little #$%*ers to fly in one direction and you can skip gas and secondary benefit no one will steal it.
Bll the demon.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8374 on: July 25, 2015, 11:37:26 pm »
Well I was going through my old emails and found this one from eBay:

"The listing you're interested in is no longer available
Sent:  22-Jun-15 18:16
eBay   eBay sent this message to Terry (eBay ID).   

Hello Terry,
We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:
271908307322 - New D7100 Nikon 18-55mm VR + 70-300mm Twin Lens 1 Year Warranty
Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Center. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

We wish you all the best on eBay and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

eBay still has lots of other great deals. Go to http://www.ebay.com to shop. We hope to see you soon.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email."

Well isn't that lovely. Good ol eBay, they let some dodgy prick sell something on their auction site, but there was something wrong, so if I don't receive the item I get a refund as per their refund guarantee policy, how could I possibly lose?

I looked at the delivery date and it had lapsed, so I attempted to open a case in their resolution centre to get the ball rolling and get my dough back, but guess what? Neither eBay or Paypal will do anything for me, because items sold by eBay sellers who are booted off eBay aren't covered!

Motherfcukers! It doesn't say anywhere in their fine print that this is the case, but when I follow the steps to start a dispute, (sadly I've had two other disputes in the last couple of months, but have received refunds in both cases, so I know the drill) eBay or Paypal stops me there and tells me that the transaction is not covered, and doesn't even allow me to contact them for more information. As far as they're concerned, the item is closed.

Now don't get me wrong, it's not a deal breaker with eBay, 99.99% of my 1000 or so transactions have had positive results and I'm happy to write this one off and continue using eBay to buy just about everything I need motorcycle-wise, but I thought I'd let you guys know that you shouldn't just assume that if you "do the right thing" by eBay and Paypal, they'll return the favor............... Kunts. ;D