Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1383929 times)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8500 on: August 19, 2015, 01:22:07 am »
I missed out on the Optimate too.
Not that I'm hanging by my neck to have one immediately but even still, if I was hanging by my neck for one, reckon that'd piss me off.

The 12.5 kva diesel genset that I got the other week, has got a fcuken motorbike battery to crank it over.
Thank fcuk for decompression levers.
So I might put a CAT battery on the fcuka and valve bounce the bastard on the starter.

The battery in the John Deere mower has got more cranking amps than the genny.
Dickheads that bolt motorbike batteries onto diesel engines piss me off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8501 on: August 19, 2015, 01:32:55 am »
Here you go guys, here's the website for the seller, you can buy one direct from them, and if you do, you won't be pissed off. ;D

http://www.moto-tech.com.au/optimate-4-desulphating-charger-maintainer/
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8502 on: August 19, 2015, 01:40:34 am »
I missed out on the Optimate too.
Not that I'm hanging by my neck to have one immediately but even still, if I was hanging by my neck for one, reckon that'd piss me off.

The 12.5 kva diesel genset that I got the other week, has got a fcuken motorbike battery to crank it over.
Thank fcuk for decompression levers.
So I might put a CAT battery on the fcuka and valve bounce the bastard on the starter.

The battery in the John Deere mower has got more cranking amps than the genny.
Dickheads that bolt motorbike batteries onto diesel engines piss me off.  ;D

That is silly Mick, but then again, it's got Italian electrics, so don't put too much amperage thru it, or just like Italian cars and bikes, it will schidt itself.

I've got a 15 CFM Italian air compressor that I paid nearly 2 grand for a few years ago, and it's been a piece if schidt from day one, it continuously fcuks up. I had a bloke replace the whole pressure switch assembly and a heap of other bits only last year, and I went to fire it up on the weekend, and the pressure switch didn't cut out, so it threw the circuit breaker, just like it did before he did all the work. I fired up the little Chinese compressor that my Dad paid 79 bucks for 10 years ago, and of course, it worked fine. 

Italian electrics piss me off........... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8503 on: August 19, 2015, 01:57:31 am »
That Boss Compressor mob in Browns Plains Qld sells single and 3 phase Condor pressure switches and are reasonably priced along with a heap of other compressor goodies.

I'll see how the Daigo genny runs this Wet Season when the power goes out.
There'll be aircons and beer fridges cranked right up and if it snuffs it, the .458 Winchester Magnum will be getting dusted off.
There'll be sh1t all over the back paddock.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8504 on: August 19, 2015, 02:14:24 am »
Ha ha, did you hear about the furniture removalist here who was accidentally shot when a handgun fell off the wardrobe he was moving and blew part of his finger off? I bet he was pissed off, but not as much as the female gun owner, who's been charged with possessing an unregistered firearm and a few other things............ ;D

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/removalist-moving-wardrobe-shot-with-gun-in-freak-accident/story-fni0fee2-1227490200215

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8505 on: August 19, 2015, 03:09:20 am »
I didn't hear about that one mate.
Talk about shootin' yourself in the foot.
I suppose that the ol' "What if I show your me tits" didn't work with the coppers.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

ken65

« Reply #8506 on: August 19, 2015, 05:13:09 am »
Thats only an optimate 4 Terry.     I want the 6 or is there not a lot of difference.?

http://www.moto-tech.com.au/optimate-4-desulphating-charger-maintainer/

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8507 on: August 19, 2015, 02:08:01 pm »
A bit down the page under related products the Optimate 6 is listed Ken.

I just noticed that Terry's post count has hit 18,000.
Good one mate.
It'll be years before I catch up to 18K and that pisses me off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8508 on: August 19, 2015, 07:42:59 pm »
Woohoo! 18001! ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8509 on: August 19, 2015, 08:49:53 pm »
What are you doing posting in work hours....haven't you got a new job Tez?  :P
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8510 on: August 19, 2015, 09:03:18 pm »
Ha ha, well I finish up this new job tomorrow Pete, so I'm winding down, and I start in Canberra next Wednesday. D;

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8511 on: August 20, 2015, 12:51:26 am »
I've been wondering if an invitation for all of us well behaved lads to attend The Lodge for a cup of tea and a bicky with big Tony will be forthcoming.
If not, I'm gonna be pissed off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8512 on: August 20, 2015, 01:02:25 am »
Ha ha, don't hold your breath Mick, as much as I love all you red raggers, you'd rather be having a pie with Electricity Bill, and my mate Tony hasn't forgiven you for snubbing him at the ballot box.......... ;D

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #8513 on: August 20, 2015, 04:01:00 pm »
Nasty habits piss me off. The other day at work a water sample came back saying our drinking water had some nasty bacteria in it so until this issue can be dealt with my employer is making sure we have enough bottled drinking water to go around for all in an ice cooler in the break room. I'm sure all of you at some time or another have dealt with a fellow employee that has some sort of sick habit but we've got a co-worker that's about 300+ pounds and is always reaching in his pants to scratch his nads or crack of his butt, we all pretty much ignore him when he does it as best we can because hey, if you have an itch you gotta scratch it right? It was hard to ignore today though because while in the break room there he is digging in his pants and without washing his hands he then sticks arm up to his elbow into the ice cooler to grab a bottle of water, oddly enough the rest of us suddenly weren't all that thirsty anymore.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline martin99

• UK Based, Non-
  • Master
  • Adventure before Dementia
« Reply #8514 on: August 20, 2015, 11:21:43 pm »
Nasty habits piss me off. The other day at work a water sample came back saying our drinking water had some nasty bacteria in it so until this issue can be dealt with my employer is making sure we have enough bottled drinking water to go around for all in an ice cooler in the break room. I'm sure all of you at some time or another have dealt with a fellow employee that has some sort of sick habit but we've got a co-worker that's about 300+ pounds and is always reaching in his pants to scratch his nads or crack of his butt, we all pretty much ignore him when he does it as best we can because hey, if you have an itch you gotta scratch it right? It was hard to ignore today though because while in the break room there he is digging in his pants and without washing his hands he then sticks arm up to his elbow into the ice cooler to grab a bottle of water, oddly enough the rest of us suddenly weren't all that thirsty anymore.

That's nasty. I was in ASDA (Wallmart) the other week when two old guys, both at least in their seventies and probably eighties, met at the deli section. One of them grabbed a pastry with his hand, changed his mind and put it back again. The other old guy protested. They started arguing - proper arguing, waving their sticks about and shouting "you knob-head" and "fcuk off you old kunt" and things like that, until staff came along and split them up. Seriously, it was so funny and didn't piss me off at all! ;D
Build threads:
77 750F2 Refresh Project http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=144075.0
TRIBSA http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,160296.0.html

1977 CB750 F2
1958 Norton Model 99
2011 Triumph Street Triple 675

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8515 on: August 21, 2015, 02:32:10 am »
I spent 40 bucks replacing the wiper heads on my Subaru, and while it threatened to rain all day, water refused to fall from the sky, so I didn't get a chance to test them out. Small things piss me off........... ;D

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8516 on: August 21, 2015, 02:36:25 am »

That's nasty. I was in ASDA (Wallmart) the other week when two old guys, both at least in their seventies and probably eighties, met at the deli section. One of them grabbed a pastry with his hand, changed his mind and put it back again. The other old guy protested. They started arguing - proper arguing, waving their sticks about and shouting "you knob-head" and "fcuk off you old kunt" and things like that, until staff came along and split them up. Seriously, it was so funny and didn't piss me off at all! ;D
It was funny a few weeks back at work we had a similar thing happen.  Two old crims decided to have a blue, each of them would have been 70 if they were a day.  They didn't hold back either, they were laying into each other with their walking sticks.  It was one of the funniest fights I have ever seen, they started off like a pair of old roosters jumping around and shouting and within seconds it was on.  The best part was even though they were giving it their all it was nowhere near what they would have had 20 years ago.  The hardest part of dealing with it was restraining the old bastards without breaking their hips.  ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8517 on: August 21, 2015, 02:41:56 am »
That's what the tazers are for Andrew......... ;D

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8518 on: August 21, 2015, 03:05:47 am »
That's what the tazers are for Andrew......... ;D

I wish we had tazers, probably would have given them a bloody heart attack anyway.  We do have CS and OC gas though and lots of it, and I do mean absolutely #$%* loads of it.  We also have some big dogs that hate the world and everyone in it, they are good at handing out 42 points of justice. ;D  It didn't get to that stage this time.
1979 CB650Z

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8519 on: August 21, 2015, 03:25:00 am »
Yeah, you need to get Tazers mate, gas is good, but it goes everywhere. I used a lot of CS gas in the Army when I was posted to Brissie, and after a visit to the gas tent one time I had a shower and put my gas infected cams into a garbage bag, and took 'em home.

I forgot to tell the missus, so she put them in the washing machine when I was at work, and set the washer for "Hot wash". The hot water caused the CS crystals to reactivate, and when she lifted the lid she got gassed. She rang me and I raced home, it was hilarious, tears were streaming down her face, and she was well and truly pissed off with me........... ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8520 on: August 21, 2015, 03:32:08 am »
Well, the plan after work tonight was to do a few output checks on the Italian genny that Terry has me fcuken nervous about.

The other week, the boys were telling me that the overload was kicking in when they had the welder cranked up on it.
So we had a few beers and concluded that motor wasn't revving high enough to cycle at 50 Hz at 3000 RPM which is what it's rating is.

Then last Sunday, I pissed around with it so that the fuel pump gave it extra delivery without blowing the bastard up.
As usual, time ran out, so this arvo, I grabbed the multimeter from work to check the Hertz cycle only to get home and find out that I grabbed the wrong fcuken multimeter that doesn't have a fcuken Hertz function and that's fcuked me right up tonight.

Well I've had a few beers now and feel settled down a bit but still feeling pissed off about grabbing the wrong fcuken multimeter.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #8521 on: August 21, 2015, 03:51:13 am »
Yeah, you need to get Tazers mate, gas is good, but it goes everywhere. I used a lot of CS gas in the Army when I was posted to Brissie, and after a visit to the gas tent one time I had a shower and put my gas infected cams into a garbage bag, and took 'em home.

I forgot to tell the missus, so she put them in the washing machine when I was at work, and set the washer for "Hot wash". The hot water caused the CS crystals to reactivate, and when she lifted the lid she got gassed. She rang me and I raced home, it was hilarious, tears were streaming down her face, and she was well and truly pissed off with me........... ;D
Yeah, my least favourite day so far was CS exposure training.  That #$%* is nasty, as one of my mates ddescribed it "evil in a can".  The room was that heavy with it that you couldn't see your hand with an outstretched arm. To top it off I was copping it from the moment I walked into the room because I couldn't get a seal on my gas mask because of my beard.  When I got home the missus hung my uniform out to air out and she copped a bit of it then, even though I told her not to go near the stuff.  I think she has learnt for next time.  ;D
1979 CB650Z

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8522 on: August 22, 2015, 02:35:30 am »
Were can you but that stuff from mate?
It's just that the ex is having her birthday soon and I was thinking about sending a black snake in a box but I like the sound of this stuff better.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #8523 on: August 22, 2015, 02:52:06 am »
Unfortunately you need and M class weapons licence here in Queensland to own the stuff, and you must provide a #$%*ing good reason for owning it.  I don't know about up your way but I would assume it would be similar.  It would be nice to be able to send a parcel to the ex with a gas grenade in it, make it so that when she opens it she pulls the pin.  Hmmm, you got me thinking now.  I wonder if I could sneak a can.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
1979 CB650Z

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8524 on: August 22, 2015, 02:54:35 am »
I can probably get you a tin of the crystals Mick, you could maybe tell her it's washing powder? ;D