Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1383899 times)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8525 on: August 22, 2015, 03:30:10 am »
A crystal necklace would be a lovely present.
I better behave myself.
But then again, the tin could be used for stuffing the cash into that's been so graciously sent.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8526 on: August 22, 2015, 03:51:12 am »
 CS gas burns really well too, just ask those poor buggers from Waco........ :-X
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8527 on: August 22, 2015, 04:29:31 am »
CS gas burns really well too, just ask those poor buggers from Waco........ :-X
Yeah, we have a huge check list to tick off before we can throw a gas canister into a unit.  If there is any likely source of ignition we have to utilise a shield line and directed OC blasts.
It never ceases to surprise me how quickly a dogs bark or the sight of a gas canister turns a big tough guy into a whimpering little baby.  We had a couple of young dickheads a few weeks back who didn't want to get locked away at night, they refused to come in from the exercise yard.  We called in the doggies, the dog hadn't even made it into the unit he was just barking a little in the airlock and the crims suddenly really wanted to go to back to their cells, they were even thumping on the windows and yelling to let them in.  It was really #$%*ing funny, mind you the dog handler was pissed off that the dog got all excitied over nothing, mind you while the boys were getting carted off to the detention unit the little puppy was walked about 5 feet behind them the whole way just to ensure they remained compliant.  ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8528 on: August 22, 2015, 04:33:08 am »
It's nasty stuff alright mate.
I guess at the end of the day it's still a chemical weopon within it's own classification.
But it's been around for a long time in one form or another.
It's got some sh1t in it called Methyl someting Ketone which is probably related to MEK that's meaner than cat sh1t.
Reckon that I'd opt for a punch in the mouth rather than a snout full of that gear.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8529 on: August 22, 2015, 05:01:29 am »
It's nasty stuff alright mate.
I guess at the end of the day it's still a chemical weopon within it's own classification.
But it's been around for a long time in one form or another.
It's got some sh1t in it called Methyl someting Ketone which is probably related to MEK that's meaner than cat sh1t.
Reckon that I'd opt for a punch in the mouth rather than a snout full of that gear.  ;D
Yeah, I'm not putting my hand up for it again any time soon.  The first time was mandatory, the second time is optional.  ;D
1979 CB650Z

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8530 on: August 22, 2015, 08:25:38 pm »
I've been gassed so many times over the years it's not that scary for me any more, but you never really get used to it, feeling like you're choking while any exposed skin is stinging, with your eyes, nose and mouth streaming is pretty fcuked.

What's worse though, is that only 99% of the population is affected by the schidt, and I know a bloke who could gargle CS gas crystals and it wouldn't affect him, which really pissed me off the first time I saw him calmly rattling off his service number, name, intials etc, while the gas was so thick I couldn't see my hand in front of my face and I was choking my guts up............... ;D   
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8531 on: August 22, 2015, 08:44:31 pm »
That's bizarre that not everyone is affected by this sh1t. Without getting all medical about it, I wonder why.... ???
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8532 on: August 22, 2015, 09:34:15 pm »
I reckon that some of Charlie's farts would get the needle on the CS Gas Analyser Meter tickin' over in the "Evacuate Area Immediately" zone.
There isn't one person that I know of who hasn't been affected by one of those dog farts.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8533 on: August 23, 2015, 12:03:14 am »
That's bizarre that not everyone is affected by this sh1t. Without getting all medical about it, I wonder why.... ???

No idea Pete, I guess Huey was just wired slightly differently, but seriously, in the gas tent with no mask on when we were gagging with our masks on, he was like a fcuking super hero. ;D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:21:45 am by Terry in Australia »

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #8534 on: August 23, 2015, 01:43:50 am »
I've been gassed so many times over the years it's not that scary for me any more, but you never really get used to it, feeling like you're choking while any exposed skin is stinging, with your eyes, nose and mouth streaming is pretty fcuked.

What's worse though, is that only 99% of the population is affected by the schidt, and I know a bloke who could gargle CS gas crystals and it wouldn't affect him, which really pissed me off the first time I saw him calmly rattling off his service number, name, intials etc, while the gas was so thick I couldn't see my hand in front of my face and I was choking my guts up............... ;D   

The only major effect it had on me was it felt like I had a plastic bag on my head, I couldn't breathe.  Took me a few minutes of little gasping breaths to come good, they put the oxy-viva on me and in a matter of seconds I was right.  I coughed up a bit of phlegm and my nose ran a bit, but I could see just fine and my skin didn't sting a bit.  I got out of it a lot better than some of the others that went through with me that day, though I was the only one that needed oxygen.  Some of them came out in huge rashes, thankfully all my symptoms were gone in about 5 minutes.  ;D
1979 CB650Z

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8535 on: August 23, 2015, 02:11:52 am »
Yeah, the stuff we used was in crystal form, and we had to heat it on a gas burner to turn it from a crystal to a gas. It was usually deployed in a tent or hut no more than 3m x 3m for maximum effect. (This was what we used for NBC "Nuclear/Biological/Chemical" warfare training)

We had to test the seals on our masks outside (they never fcuking sealed properly) then stand in the tent for a few minutes with the mask on, then take the mask off and repeat a prepared statement, then we'd be allowed outside. By the time you got the mask off you were choking and half blind, and I saw guys who freaked out and just smashed their way outside.

The stuff used for crowd dispersal (protests, police riots etc) is a bit milder than what we used, it's designed to cause discomfort without any long term effects, whereas depending on the volume of the crystals we used, determined the discomfort/lethality. When you can't see your hand in front of your face, it's bad........ (CS gas can kill) ;D

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #8536 on: August 23, 2015, 06:18:59 am »
Can it? they never told us that same as they never told us about atropine ( if you use it and you don't need to it can kill you) I wonder about all the trainers that used atropine styrettes ahh yes NBC if you are caught outside you immediately duck and cover then you go wash aircraft, bomb and refuel until you drop and if you are inside you wait until the ones outside collaspe and then take over for them until you keel over, wonderful stratedgy.
Bill the demon.

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #8537 on: August 23, 2015, 04:41:36 pm »
CL ads like this piss me off. I laughed at first but figured if he only wants $1 for it and it's only a 25 min drive form here then hey I'll take it off his hands just for the engine. Nope, I texted him and he actually wants $500 and now he keeps texting me back asking me to make him an offer. http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/mcy/5186172818.html
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8538 on: August 23, 2015, 04:52:45 pm »
Can it? they never told us that same as they never told us about atropine ( if you use it and you don't need to it can kill you) I wonder about all the trainers that used atropine styrettes ahh yes NBC if you are caught outside you immediately duck and cover then you go wash aircraft, bomb and refuel until you drop and if you are inside you wait until the ones outside collaspe and then take over for them until you keel over, wonderful stratedgy.
Bill the demon.

Yeah Bill, usually only in confined spaces, rumour has it that some of the little kids killed in the Waco incident choked to death on the gas that the feds pumped into the buildings before they (allegedly) set it on fire. Here's a recent incident where 37 people were killed with CS gas. ;D

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-egypt-court-cancels-jail-sentence-against-policeman-linked-to-39-deaths-2014-07?IR=T

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #8539 on: August 23, 2015, 10:03:19 pm »
Unfortunately you need and M class weapons licence here in Queensland to own the stuff, and you must provide a #$%*ing good reason for owning it.  I don't know about up your way but I would assume it would be similar.  It would be nice to be able to send a parcel to the ex with a gas grenade in it, make it so that when she opens it she pulls the pin.  Hmmm, you got me thinking now.  I wonder if I could sneak a can.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oddly enough, while here in France I can't get anywhere near possesing a firearm (legally at least) I can very easily buy CS gas. I have a couple of 75ml cans on my desk right now. The label says "CS Gas as used by the Police, Gendarmerie and Armed forces". No list of ingredients, but I have no reason to doubt it's efficacy. It's legal to own them, not sure if it is to carry in public, but many many people do. Which is why I have nothing to do with road rage or any other incidents here.

The correct term for the cans are "bombes d'agression" which puts them firmly in the "self defence" category ( ;). Many establishments sell them, no questions asked.

Funny place France.

Now Andrew, about that parcel . .

Kev

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8540 on: August 24, 2015, 01:35:27 am »
I keep looking at a Ducati S4R on eBay for $10K. I really want it, even though I've decided that I want to buy a new Indian. I think I better close my laptop before I hit the "Buy it now" button............ ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8541 on: August 24, 2015, 02:55:54 am »
Tez, if you've got $10k to burn, don't waste it on wog stuff or one of those Indian things, I know someone who would make good use of it..... ::)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #8542 on: August 24, 2015, 03:11:29 am »
Unfortunately you need and M class weapons licence here in Queensland to own the stuff, and you must provide a #$%*ing good reason for owning it.  I don't know about up your way but I would assume it would be similar.  It would be nice to be able to send a parcel to the ex with a gas grenade in it, make it so that when she opens it she pulls the pin.  Hmmm, you got me thinking now.  I wonder if I could sneak a can.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oddly enough, while here in France I can't get anywhere near possesing a firearm (legally at least) I can very easily buy CS gas. I have a couple of 75ml cans on my desk right now. The label says "CS Gas as used by the Police, Gendarmerie and Armed forces". No list of ingredients, but I have no reason to doubt it's efficacy. It's legal to own them, not sure if it is to carry in public, but many many people do. Which is why I have nothing to do with road rage or any other incidents here.

The correct term for the cans are "bombes d'agression" which puts them firmly in the "self defence" category ( ;). Many establishments sell them, no questions asked.

Funny place France.

Now Andrew, about that parcel . .

Kev

I'll PM you the address to send it to Kev, if it comes from over seas would take a bit of heat off me ;D ;D ;D
1979 CB650Z

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8543 on: August 24, 2015, 03:29:27 am »
Tez, if you've got $10k to burn, don't waste it on wog stuff or one of those Indian things, I know someone who would make good use of it..... ::)

Hang on a minute Pete, if I've got 10K burning a hole in my pocket, I shouldn't buy a Wog bike or an Injun, (well, the Indian I was looking at was $32K but that's another story........) I should give it to you? So what do I get out of this deal apart from the joy of giving? I'm looking for something I can ride around Canberra that my wife won't need to know about, so it'll kind of take the fun out of it if I give you the money and I just buy a bicycle? ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8544 on: August 24, 2015, 03:33:48 am »

Hang on a minute Pete, if I've got 10K burning a hole in my pocket, I shouldn't buy a Wog bike or an Injun, (well, the Indian I was looking at was $32K but that's another story........) I should give it to you? So what do I get out of this deal apart from the joy of giving? I'm looking for something I can ride around Canberra that my wife won't need to know about, so it'll kind of take the fun out of it if I give you the money and I just buy a bicycle? ;D

Haha, a simple fk off would have done ;D
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8545 on: August 24, 2015, 03:45:58 am »
Ha ha, ok, back to drooling on the Indian site............ ;D

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #8546 on: August 24, 2015, 05:04:43 am »
Terry - I'd think for a gift of 10k Pete should at least owe you a piggyback ride to the pub and back???
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8547 on: August 24, 2015, 05:19:27 pm »
Ha ha, if you saw me, and then saw Pete, you wouldn't wish that on him Cal, I probably weigh twice as much as him? I don't think he'd attempt to piggyback me to the pub for any amount of money! ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8548 on: August 25, 2015, 04:28:41 am »
I think it'd be wiser to just meet you there mate... ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:54:09 pm by petercb750 »
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #8549 on: August 25, 2015, 06:08:56 pm »
I've got a picture in my head..................................I'm smiling.  ;D ;D ;D

By the by, it look's like #92 will be lining up at PI again.
Newmo's going to take over the riding duties and had his first run on the weekend.
He's hasn't stopped winging about "arm pump" since, the big sook.

Looking forward to catching up with you both and no, I have forgotten Uncle Tez.
I owe you a pass and lunch.

Cheers,
Brian
The older I get the faster I was.