Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1383502 times)

RAFster122s, dave500 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline petercb750

• Master
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8675 on: September 04, 2015, 06:06:10 pm »
So, if it's in the interest of conservation and protecting local farmlands, then let the local people take care of it and cull if it is absolutely necessary  (as with roos in oz) but rich knobs should not be allowed to shoot an animal as a trophy. ...it's arrogant, ignorant and total wank. I understand that fees (I doubt all of it) supposedly are returned for "conservation" but other ways need to be found other than giving a knob a hard on. It still pisses me off and no amount of twisting or justification will change that.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 06:07:42 pm by petercb750 »
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #8676 on: September 04, 2015, 06:48:25 pm »
... It still pisses me off and no amount of twisting or justification will change that.
Fair play, Peter  :)
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8677 on: September 05, 2015, 02:11:36 am »
Here's how the "Big Game Hunters" probably see themselves:

Here's how the rest of the world sees them:

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8678 on: September 05, 2015, 02:40:32 am »
The ol' mate Burgy died this morning.
He knew how to catch a big fish and taught us lads a trick or two.
There's been a few tears welling throughout the day after the news broke.

Unfortunately, he had a few few health issues but he kept doing what he loved doing which included looking after his mates and their missus's and kids.

Burgy was closer to 50 yo than 60 yo which is a bit of a punch in the guts.
He had a bloody tough up bringing as a child due to his parents alcohol preferences and that influenced him and molded him into the pillar of strength that he became.

Thanks for being me mate, thanks for looking after me when I was pissed and thanks for teaching me how to catch a big fcuking fish.

RIP Burgy.

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8679 on: September 05, 2015, 02:45:33 am »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8680 on: September 05, 2015, 02:49:59 am »
Ah sorry to hear that Mick, and so young too. Keep your chin up and remember the good times, and name the next big fukcen fish in his honour. RIP Burgy.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8681 on: September 05, 2015, 03:06:38 am »

Unfortunately, he had a few few health issues but he kept doing what he loved doing which included looking after his mates and their missus's and kids.

He had a bloody tough up bringing as a child due to his parents alcohol preferences and that influenced him and molded him into the pillar of strength that he became.

Thanks for being me mate, thanks for looking after me when I was pissed and thanks for teaching me how to catch a big fcuking fish.

RIP Burgy.

It's tough when someone departs too soon.  My old fishing buddy JB is currently awaiting some good news, he was diagnosed with an aggressive form of kidney tumor.  He had a kidney removed last week and is now waiting to start chemo, the worst part is he is only 53.  He is doing better than the doctors gave him as an initial prognisis.  They initially told him he was not likely to survive the surgery, so he was #$%*ting bricks when he went in, and had said goodbye to everyone just in case he didn't make it.  It was a tough phone call to recieve, I just hope I never have to make one like it, but everyone was grateful when he came out in good spirits.  RIP Burgy.
1979 CB650Z

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8682 on: September 05, 2015, 03:07:34 am »
Ah sorry to hear that Mick, and so young too. Keep your chin up and remember the good times, and name the next big fukcen fish in his honour. RIP Burgy.
Thanks for your thoughts Pete.
We did a sh1tload of fencing together back in the day on the weekends, and when the elements got the upper hand on the body, Burgy would just keep straining wire until the job was done.

And he loved a few cold beers afterwards, but you'd never catch up with the fierce pace that he'd set to quench a dry neck.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8683 on: September 05, 2015, 03:16:23 am »

RIP Burgy.

It's tough when someone departs too soon.  My old fishing buddy JB is currently awaiting some good news, he was diagnosed with an aggressive form of kidney tumor.  He had a kidney removed last week and is now waiting to start chemo, the worst part is he is only 53.  He is doing better than the doctors gave him as an initial prognisis.  They initially told him he was not likely to survive the surgery, so he was #$%*ting bricks when he went in, and had said goodbye to everyone just in case he didn't make it.  It was a tough phone call to recieve, I just hope I never have to make one like it, but everyone was grateful when he came out in good spirits.  RIP Burgy.
Thanks Andrew.
It's hard to take it when a good mate departs, but knowing that Burgy gave it his best shot and never backed off with anything that he believed was right is a pretty good feeling.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #8684 on: September 05, 2015, 03:51:58 am »
On a lighter note I picked my new (to me) car today.  I'm taking it for a run in the scrub tomorrow to stretch its legs a little.

1979 CB650Z

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8685 on: September 05, 2015, 04:17:24 am »
Well, I got about 1 hour in on the Postie Bike today.
At the moment, I'm pissing around with the back wheel trying to work out the spacing for the rear wheel bearings.

At some point, the bearings have spun in the hub which has been centre punched and the bearings loctited in.

To my way of thinking, the bearings should be pushed up against the machined shoulder on either side of the hub which is normally how it should be.
BUT, the fcuking spacer between the bearings is preventing it from happening.
So, after taking a few measurements, I machined the spacer so that the bearings sit back against the hub shoulders and now the fcuking brake backplate just rubs on the hub.

Now I'm starting to think that some Postie Bike hater has deliberatley fcuked around with it and caused me a whole lot of grief.

It's fixable but, that means that I'll have to do some thinking instead of drinking and that pisses me off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8686 on: September 05, 2015, 04:26:31 am »
On a lighter note I picked my new (to me) car today.  I'm taking it for a run in the scrub tomorrow to stretch its legs a little.

Dem Red Ones are good for chasing kangaroo through the bush aayyy.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #8687 on: September 05, 2015, 04:52:11 am »

Dem Red Ones are good for chasing kangaroo through the bush aayyy.  ;D
Damn straight mate, da red ones go faster ;D.
1979 CB650Z

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8688 on: September 05, 2015, 05:00:29 am »
At the moment, I'm pissing around with the back wheel trying to work out the spacing for the rear wheel bearings.

At some point, the bearings have spun in the hub which has been centre punched and the bearings loctited in.

To my way of thinking, the bearings should be pushed up against the machined shoulder on either side of the hub which is normally how it should be.
So, after taking a few measurements, I machined the spacer so that the bearings sit back against the hub shoulders and now the fcuking brake backplate just rubs on the hub.

Now I'm starting to think that some Postie Bike hater has deliberatley fcuked around with it and caused me a whole lot of grief.

It's fixable but, that means that I'll have to do some thinking instead of drinking and that pisses me off.  ;D
Come on Mick, some of your best work has come from drinking....keep drinking and thinking mate, you owe it to that little postie  ;)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8689 on: September 05, 2015, 05:01:08 am »

Hey Mick, you've probably inadvertantly taken the clearance between the brake plate and the hub off by your machining, but a washer or two between the brake plate and the hub should fix the rubbing, methinks? Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8690 on: September 05, 2015, 05:20:23 am »

Come on Mick, some of your best work has come from drinking....keep drinking and thinking mate, you owe it to that little postie  ;)
The ol' Postie is getting plenty of attention Pete and she'll be a ball biter when she's done.
It's had a few bush jobs done to it to keep it going but I'll keep at it until it's the Formula 1 Postie.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8691 on: September 05, 2015, 05:48:26 am »

Hey Mick, you've probably inadvertantly taken the clearance between the brake plate and the hub off by your machining, but a washer or two between the brake plate and the hub should fix the rubbing, methinks? Cheers, Terry. ;D
I fcuked up mate and machined about .030 too much of off the bearing spacer and theres no preload on the centre bearing races which is making the bearings lock up under load.
That's no biggie because I'll make another one.

Getting the bearings to sit back onto the shoulders in the hub and maintaining clearance on the brake backplate is causing a drinking problem because the backplate offset is determined by the depth of the bearing in the hub and something isn't right.

There's an old injury from the backplate rubbing on the hub and I reckon that I can smell a fcuking rat.

More than likely it's going to be a lathe job but it just pisses me off that the beautiful black paint job that took a six pack to do will have to be redone.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #8692 on: September 05, 2015, 06:26:31 am »
Sounds like a good excuse for another six pack.
1979 CB650Z

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #8693 on: September 05, 2015, 11:46:29 am »

RIP Burgy.

Sorry to hear that Mick. Safe trip to the after life Burgy. I lost a mate Harvey through a stupid accident last year, no-ones's fault just bad #$%* that day.It's not fun losing good mates.

Take care.

Kev

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #8694 on: September 05, 2015, 04:04:03 pm »
It's not fun losing good mates.

Take care.

Kev

Too true Kev.
Sorry for your loss Mick.

Cheers,
Brian
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8695 on: September 05, 2015, 04:27:06 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts Kev and Brian.
There are a lot of great memories of Burgy that will be remembered by many.
He lived a simple life, never shyed away from hard work, always there to lend a helping hand, loved a few coldies after the job was done and had a heart of gold.
Another one of Burgy's attributes was that he never had a negative word about anyone.
He just got on with what he had to do.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8696 on: September 05, 2015, 04:33:30 pm »
Geez Mick, how does anyone not have a negative word to say about anybody? A lot of people piss me off lots, so I have lots of negative comments about lots of people....there's a lot of lots in that sentence and that pisses me off....lots.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8697 on: September 05, 2015, 05:55:26 pm »
Geez Mick, how does anyone not have a negative word to say about anybody? A lot of people piss me off lots, so I have lots of negative comments about lots of people....there's a lot of lots in that sentence and that pisses me off....lots.

It's possible Pete, one of my guys at Puckapunyal was like that, he was just able to see the good in anyone, and everyone loved him. He wasn't looking forward to retirement because he didn't have much in his superannuation, then McDonalds decided to open a store in Seymour and offered him and his wife a fortune for his wife's auntie's old house, as even though it was falling down, it was on a huge block of land in the main street, so Wayne and his wife were able to retire and do all the things they wanted to do. They deserved it.

I've still got a roll of 7mm copper cored plug wire that Wayne gave me, I mentioned that I'd tried to buy some at Repco and they only had the graphite stuff, anyway, without a word he went home at lunchtime and presented me with the roll on his return. He was an old Speedway racer, and had lots of interesting things in his garage. He wouldn't take any money for it, but I knew he had a weakness for VB, so I put a slab in the back of his ute, and it was all good. I'm betting that Mick's mate was cut from the same cloth. Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #8698 on: September 05, 2015, 10:26:26 pm »
 I'm leaving at 3 am to go to Indianapolis to the drag races and here I sit awake with a leg cramp. gonna drink some pickle juice and try not to ralph.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #8699 on: September 06, 2015, 05:12:02 am »
I'm leaving at 3 am to go to Indianapolis to the drag races and here I sit awake with a leg cramp. gonna drink some pickle juice and try not to ralph.

Both my sons and a friend of theirs were there yesterday it was their very first time hearing a top fuel car run other than what you hear on TV and they were literally blown away from the experience, fortunately they took my advice and brought ear plugs with them. They were flooding FB with pics so rather than set behind the computer being pissed and envious of their adventure my wife and I hopped on the Gold Wing to another drag strip about an hour north of Indy to watch sportsman and bracket racing. It was only an 1/8 mile track but hey racing is racing and it sure beat setting at home doing nothing.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate