Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1383492 times)

RAFster122s, dave500 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8750 on: September 18, 2015, 05:12:45 pm »

Thanks Pete, where is everyone, too pissed off to come here for a whine?

Technology continues to piss me off. Both my cars that I regularly drive (Rally Roo and Ford Exploder) were built in the 1990's, and (although the Ford also has a CD stacker under the rear seat) they both have cassette players. Ah, cassettes, what wonderful devices they are, mini "reel to reel" tapes that contain some of the greatest music known to man.

I have heaps of them, from Jimmy Barnes' "Barnstorming" to "The Doors Live", to Cat Steven's "Tea for the Tillerman", "Peter Frampton Live" and my favourite, "War of the Worlds", narrated by Richard Burton, with David Essex, Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy) and Julie Covington, (Don't cry for me, Argentina) to name but a few. 

When I bought the Rally Roo I actually bought a CD player for it, but then when I started driving to and from Canberra each weekend I rediscovered my dusty collection of cassettes (I'd been driving company vehicles for the last 12 years so only had the option of listening to the radio or a few CD's that I've amassed) and my love of my cassette collection came back, with a vengeance, so the new Alpine CD player went into the garage. I think I've done 4 or 5 return trips now, so that's around 65 hours of listening to music, and well, I've just about gone thru every cassette that I own.

I got so desperate, I bought someone else's cassette collection on eBay, (around 30 tapes) and surprisingly they had pretty good taste, most of the titles are ones that I've previously owned and loaned, (the main source of my missing cassettes, apart from leaving them in the player when I've traded in a car, or the tape breaking on my well used titles) or would have bought eventually.

Anyway, for fathers day, my boys bought me a Pioneer CD player, and a JB Hifi gift card. As much as I love both my sons, this gift is next to useless, the CD player is out in the garage sitting next to the Alpine CD player, and as I can't buy new cassettes anymore, the gift card's not going anywhere either................ ;D     

Those old tapes could be a useful anti theft device. Who's gunna bust into your car looking for a CD player and CDs to nick if there's a few old cassette tapes laying on the front seat? That'd piss off a would be thief.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:14:30 pm by krusty »
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #8751 on: September 18, 2015, 05:26:36 pm »
That sounds like a great way to spend an Easter Mick, my favourite Easters were spent at Mount Panorama, sitting around a fire drinking piss and taking in the sights and sounds of what was Australia's greatest annual motorcycle event, eventually stolen from us by the NSW Police (the best cops that money could buy, back in the day) and the fcuking media who set the boys up, and then filmed the "carnage".

It sold lots of newspapers and advertising time on channel 7, but fcuked my Easters when it disappeared up it's own arse after 1987, when the crowds dropped away to nothing. Jeez, I wasn't pissed off until I remembered how much I enjoyed riding up to Bathurst every Easter, and never on the same bike............. ;D

Yep, they where days Tez.
Back then if you paid more than a dollar a cc for a Honda Four you where getting ripped.
We built a couple of sidecar chassis and bolted a new fridge body on em every year.

I can't remember ever getting one back home in one piece. 

Cheers,
Brian
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
« Reply #8752 on: September 18, 2015, 05:34:30 pm »
Thanks Pete, where is everyone, too pissed off to come here for a whine?

Technology continues to piss me off. Both my cars that I regularly drive (Rally Roo and Ford Exploder) were built in the 1990's, and (although the Ford also has a CD stacker under the rear seat) they both have cassette players. Ah, cassettes, what wonderful devices they are, mini "reel to reel" tapes that contain some of the greatest music known to man.

I have heaps of them, from Jimmy Barnes' "Barnstorming" to "The Doors Live", to Cat Steven's "Tea for the Tillerman", "Peter Frampton Live" and my favourite, "War of the Worlds", narrated by Richard Burton, with David Essex, Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy) and Julie Covington, (Don't cry for me, Argentina) to name but a few. 

When I bought the Rally Roo I actually bought a CD player for it, but then when I started driving to and from Canberra each weekend I rediscovered my dusty collection of cassettes (I'd been driving company vehicles for the last 12 years so only had the option of listening to the radio or a few CD's that I've amassed) and my love of my cassette collection came back, with a vengeance, so the new Alpine CD player went into the garage. I think I've done 4 or 5 return trips now, so that's around 65 hours of listening to music, and well, I've just about gone thru every cassette that I own.

I got so desperate, I bought someone else's cassette collection on eBay, (around 30 tapes) and surprisingly they had pretty good taste, most of the titles are ones that I've previously owned and loaned, (the main source of my missing cassettes, apart from leaving them in the player when I've traded in a car, or the tape breaking on my well used titles) or would have bought eventually.

Anyway, for fathers day, my boys bought me a Pioneer CD player, and a JB Hifi gift card. As much as I love both my sons, this gift is next to useless, the CD player is out in the garage sitting next to the Alpine CD player, and as I can't buy new cassettes anymore, the gift card's not going anywhere either................ ;D     
Wish I would have known that Terry. I have somewhere between 100-150 cassettes I could have fit in the box of parts I sent you a few months ago. I don't know how much you're into music but you can get a machine that lets you transfer albums and cassettes onto cd's. I have those cassettes plus around 300 albums that I'm doing. I don't really care about the cassettes but I'm gonna hang on to the albums for awhile.
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8753 on: September 18, 2015, 07:34:45 pm »
Ooooocchhh you got the 8K, ...754....post..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8754 on: September 18, 2015, 08:27:35 pm »
I didn't realise that there were that posts here already.
Still, there isn't much time to be thinking about the post count when your concentrating about being pissed off day in and day out.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #8755 on: September 18, 2015, 08:46:49 pm »
I didn't realise that there were that posts here already.
Still, there isn't much time to be thinking about the post count when your concentrating about being pissed off day in and day out.  ;D

and over a quarter million views..............an awful lot of pissed off sohc members!!!

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8756 on: September 18, 2015, 08:54:16 pm »
I am too busy being really f**king angry..
 To be sofa king pissed off like you guys..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8757 on: September 18, 2015, 09:52:12 pm »
Easter has always been a gamble up North with the weather Terry.
But it's always been good.

The kids love the bush so long as they've got a dry nest to sleep in and a wood fired barbeque to cook the tucker on.

The ol' mate Big Merv religiously brings his Dan Wesson .44 (Uncle Dan) with him and shoots the sh1t out of empty beer cans.
Big Merv does his own reloading and the sneaky fcuka occasionally sneaks a hot load into the chamber which fcuks up your arm.
Trying to lift a cold beer up to your mouth was fcuking painfull.

So to pay him back, we bought a pair of sheilas black knickers from Target and put them into his glove box.
Eventually, his missus found them and I don't think that any further explaining is required.

Big Merv was pissed off and he doesn't sneak hot loads into Uncle Dan anymore.  ;D
Yeh funny. Many many years ago, we were working overtime one evening as we did often, and we had this big mouthed greek guy working with us. This particular night his bigger mouthed (and considerably bigger hipped) greek wife rang for him, and it went like this....
Hello (insert name of work).
Hi, is Con there please.
Con? No sorry, he's not.
Yes he is, he works every Thursday night.
No sorry, he's not here and he hasn't worked overtime for ages.
You're fkn kidding me.
No, sorry, can't help you.
(Phone slammed down at other end).

Con came to work the next morning looking very sore and sorry for himself ranting that his mrs thinks he's screwing someone and she's mighty pissed off. He said that she told him she'd rung looking for him and he asked if anyone had got a call last night. Nup, sorry mate.
There were a lot of laughs over beers that night. Poor Con.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8758 on: September 18, 2015, 11:39:41 pm »
Terry, buy a good tape deck, and a bunch of blank tapes on ebay(or wherever) for cheap...dub your favorite #$%* onto the tapes(plug the damn 'puter right into the #$%*ing tape deck if you have to), when you get new favorite #$%*, make new tapes, easy peasy...that some good obsolete technology...just like CB750's...pissses me off that you don't already realize this
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8759 on: September 19, 2015, 02:13:04 am »
Thanks Sean, and everyone else who've given me pointers on how to use technology to continue to enjoy my wonderful tapes. After another 1000 mile week I've just about decided that sadly my Subaru is coming to the end of it's useful long distance life, so I'm going to have to make a decision soon regarding what I'm going to replace it with.

With my new job I'm paying almost as much in tax as I was earning in my last job, so I'm going to lease a car and "Salary Sacrifice" the lease, so as to reduce my taxable income.  I'm hooked on 4 wheel drive cars so maybe another Subaru would be good, but I'm 6'4" tall, so would like an "SUV" style vehicle that I don't have to fold myself in and out of, like I do with my Liberty. (Legacy in the US) A bit more leg room would be nice too.

I'm not a Toyota HiLux fan, I've had 2 of them and while they're a great truck, they're a crap car. I really liked the Ford Ranger work truck that I had for the last couple of years, it was quite comfy, and with amazing fuel economy (2.2 litre turbo diesel) but with the worst turbo-lag I've ever experienced, I've almost been wiped out several times when I've entered a "T" intersection, gone to turn left or right and when I've attempted to accelerate away, nothing. Fcuk! Also, I don't want a truck, and I don't want a really big vehicle that'll be hard to park. Anyway, whatever I get will have a CD player, so I'll upload all my old tapes onto CD's. Cheers, Terry. ;D     
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8760 on: September 19, 2015, 02:25:36 am »

Yep, they where days Tez.
Back then if you paid more than a dollar a cc for a Honda Four you where getting ripped.
We built a couple of sidecar chassis and bolted a new fridge body on em every year.

I can't remember ever getting one back home in one piece. 

Cheers,
Brian

Ha ha, yeah mate, I've got some old photo's I must scan into the computer of some of the crazy things I saw at the Mountain Brian, like the guy doing donuts on his mate's new CB1100R with "Bathurst or Bust" rattle canned on the carbon fibre fairing, then repeatedly dropping it while his mate watched on, stoned off his face, or the naked girl sitting backwards on a Honda trike, being followed by more and more guys on bikes until she disappeared. (I saw her again the next morning and she looked like she was full, she even had a runny nose to prove it..........) Or the remains of the Channel 7 Falcon wagon that the film crew parked in the middle of the donut ring and told the boys to "go for it" so they could film the "riots" and sell some advertising space. My first K1 that I rode up to the mountain in 1983 cost me 300 bucks, and that was with a crashed K0 thrown in. I wish I still had them both. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8761 on: September 19, 2015, 02:41:44 am »
Tez if you get tired of trying to find somewhere to keep all your extra cash, I'll happily send you my bank details. It'll be safe with me. ...
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8762 on: September 19, 2015, 03:51:55 am »
Tez if you get tired of trying to find somewhere to keep all your extra cash, I'll happily send you my bank details. It'll be safe with me. ...

Hey thanks Pete, that'd be great mate, the bloody roof keeps coming off the money bin and the neighbours are complaining about picking up all the 50's and 100's blowing across their lawns, the whiners, so yeah, it'd be beaut if you'd look after a few bales of used notes for me?

Anyway, I just did a comparison of all the mid range AWD SUV's, (no, I'm not going to take it off road, I've still got my "Exploder" for that sort of work, I just like the idea of some extra traction on wet roads) and as the Jeep Cherokee is the only one with a 6 cylinder engine (the rest are only 4 pot screamers) I think it's just made the top of my wish-list. The amazing thing is that the missus doesn't seem to mind me leasing a new car? Just as well I haven't told her about my new (to me) Harley............ ;D

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8763 on: September 19, 2015, 04:00:24 am »
Terry, before you buy a Jeep make sure you are happy with their build quality or more to the point, lack thereof.  I haven't personally seen too many major issues with them, but to be honest their interiors are crap.  The plastics fall apart after a couple of years, and the cut on the fabric for the seats is atrocious. 
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8764 on: September 19, 2015, 04:19:48 am »
Thanks Andrew, I'm guessing they've improved out of all sight of late, the two reports I just read about the MY15 models both compliment their level of trim, fit and finish etc compared to their Japanese rivals. I won't be getting a used one, and I probably won't have it that long anyway due to my 1000 mile weekly commute, so if it's no good I'll get another car, I guess? But hey, I haven't even taken one for a test ride yet, so I'm probably putting the cart before the horse, ha ha! Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8765 on: September 19, 2015, 04:27:20 am »
Tez, I know a multi franchise dealer over here who dropped jeep after about 6mths (this only about 2mths ago) due to the number of new cars coming back on tilt trays, lack of spares and factory backup. Had a major biffo with the factory suits but won. I know a couple of techs at that dealership and they said they are a pos, would come in for repair and sit for weeks, and are to be avoided.
Just sayin.

Hard to go past a prado in the suv range. Mazda cx5 diesel are very good too.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:31:03 am by petercb750 »
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8766 on: September 19, 2015, 04:32:43 am »
Fark! I was hoping to avoid getting a Jap car Pete, 'cause I don't like Japs, I wouldn't buy a BMW or Land Rover because of their dodgy electrics and warranty problems, so what's left? Another Ford Ranger? Poop............ ;D

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8767 on: September 19, 2015, 04:38:01 am »
Well a ford ranger is Japanese. It is a mazda after all.
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8768 on: September 19, 2015, 04:47:10 am »

That's it, I'm buying an Amarok................ ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8769 on: September 19, 2015, 04:49:11 am »
Fark! I was hoping to avoid getting a Jap car Pete, 'cause I don't like Japs, I wouldn't buy a BMW or Land Rover because of their dodgy electrics and warranty problems, so what's left? Another Ford Ranger? Poop............ ;D
Yeh, rangers are bt50's.
You don't like japs?....honda, subaru....what's going on there mate?
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8770 on: September 19, 2015, 04:51:45 am »

That's it, I'm buying an Amarok................ ;D
By the time you option up the VW to get it to decent specs you could have bought 2 x cx5.....well  nearly.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 05:04:52 am by petercb750 »
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8771 on: September 19, 2015, 05:00:25 am »
Yeh, rangers are bt50's.
You don't like japs?....honda, subaru....what's going on there mate?

Yeah, it's a bit Irish I know Pete, I just don't like the current crop of Jap cars, the new Subaru's look crap, the Mazda is probably the best of the lot, but I was quite taken with the Jeep before you and Andrew pissed in my weaties............ ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8772 on: September 19, 2015, 05:03:20 am »
Haha sorry mate, it's only cos we love you like a brother  :)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8773 on: September 19, 2015, 05:09:16 am »
My mrs had a cx5 diesel, top of the range, was a good car. For some reason known only to herself she took it in for 30k service and came home with a new mazda6 diesel wagon.....still a good car but it pissed me off.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8774 on: September 19, 2015, 05:11:00 am »
He speaking of brotherly love, I'll be in Adelaide the last week in October, maybe we'll catch up? I'm doing some logistics training in Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide next month, it's a pity the company is flying me everywhere, would have been a great ride......... ;D