Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1383539 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8775 on: September 19, 2015, 05:12:23 am »
My mrs had a cx5 diesel, top of the range, was a good car. For some reason known only to herself she took it in for 30k service and came home with a new mazda6 diesel wagon.....still a good car but it pissed me off.

Yeah, that would have pissed me off too Pete, what's up with your missus making decisions anyway? Next she'll be wanting to wear shoes, and probably bloody vote! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #8776 on: September 19, 2015, 05:18:03 am »
I have two Cherokees Terry and I haven't been pissed off since I bought them  used, one has 260000 and the other 160000. As mentioned the interior finish leaves a bit to be desired but both have been fairly reliable...Larry

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8777 on: September 19, 2015, 05:20:14 am »
He speaking of brotherly love, I'll be in Adelaide the last week in October, maybe we'll catch up? I'm doing some logistics training in Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide next month, it's a pity the company is flying me everywhere, would have been a great ride......... ;D
You bet!
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8778 on: September 19, 2015, 05:23:21 am »
My mrs had a cx5 diesel, top of the range, was a good car. For some reason known only to herself she took it in for 30k service and came home with a new mazda6 diesel wagon.....still a good car but it pissed me off.

Yeah, that would have pissed me off too Pete, what's up with your missus making decisions anyway? Next she'll be wanting to wear shoes, and probably bloody vote! ;D

I know. Sometimes she even tells me what to do. ....who would have thought that.
She's very independent. ....when it suits  ::)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #8779 on: September 19, 2015, 05:24:52 am »
We had a whoopass storm go through last night, the wind was blowing so hard it roared almost sounding like a tornado. All kinds of thunder and lightning but I kept hearing loud crack sounds but no thunder followed and it dawned on me that the loud cracks sounds I was hearing wasn't thunder but instead a tree being ripped apart and it turned out to be my tree in the back yard. I had to wait till daylight to see the carnage but geez that wind sure tore my tree up and I'm pissed because now I have a mess to clean up.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8780 on: September 19, 2015, 05:27:27 am »
Thanks Larry, my cousin had a Suzuki dealership back in the 1980's and even Suzuki , which had an excellent reputation for quality built bikes had a few recalls, so I don't know that Andrew and Pete have put me off completely, but I'll still listen to their advice, as they know what they're talking about. My nephew's got a Jeep Cherokee that his dad bought new and to my knowledge it's had no problems at all, but it's 30 years old, so not easy to compare to a new Cherokee. Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8781 on: September 19, 2015, 05:28:03 am »
Looks like you were lucky it missed the house!
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #8782 on: September 19, 2015, 05:28:55 am »
I have two Cherokees Terry and I haven't been pissed off since I bought them  used, one has 260000 and the other 160000. As mentioned the interior finish leaves a bit to be desired but both have been fairly reliable...Larry

Cheap interior trim I think is pretty much the norm now days with American cars. Our 06 chevy cobalt has been very reliable so far but it's interior trim sucks.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #8783 on: September 19, 2015, 05:31:19 am »
Looks like you were lucky it missed the house!
It just missed the neighbors garage that's not in the pic to the left.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #8784 on: September 19, 2015, 05:43:50 am »
My neighbours are so pissed off with me.

Had a mate from Ireland stay with me for a few days between the Misano GP and the Bol d'Or.

Talk came to my ornamental RC30. Sort of taunting talk like "do you think it will start". Hmm that got the goat up, and after sufficient rosé we trooped down the garage. About 2AM , you know fightin' time.

Well the old girl fired up on second push of the button. Of course she then had to be properly warmed up before I shut down the motor. Well I had the harridan next door shouting over the wall but frankly I was sufficiently pissed not to be able to hear her over the 13k rpm screaming of the best V Four motor ever built and thus I failed to empathise with her plight.

Like I ever complain whe her mother comes over every Sunday and spend the afternoon laughing like a drain.

Neighbours who have no common sense piss me off.

RC30s please me abundantly.

Kev

Offline DWS

• Enthusiast
  • Treat others as you would like to be treated .
« Reply #8785 on: September 19, 2015, 07:43:23 am »
Snow on the mountain Thursday, this weekend is last day of summer, blinkers not working on bike, winters coming all ready, that pisses me off.
Always looking for friends.

78CB750F3
PD 42A with original breadbox
4 into 1
valves adjusted to .003 (intake and exhaust) ( as was suggested for cooling )
slow jets#35 Main #110
 turned out to 1.5 some paper work says 1.75
4800 feet altitude

78 Honda CB 750 F3 Restoring now(Almost done)
BSA MX 50 Next
BSA b50T Parts

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8786 on: September 19, 2015, 08:01:48 am »
It's getting late and we had fcuken visitors tonight.
I really didn't feel like doing the entertainment bit so I filled 'em full  of tucker and piss and now ever buggas gone to bed after a dose of Led Zepplin.

Now I'm here all by me fcuken self with a fridge full of cold beer to attend too.
Life can be a bloody mongrol sometimes.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8787 on: September 19, 2015, 01:47:46 pm »

Had a mate from Ireland stay with me for a few days between the Misano GP and the Bol d'Or.

Talk came to my ornamental RC30. Sort of taunting talk like "do you think it will start". Hmm that got the goat up, and after sufficient rosé we trooped down the garage. About 2AM , you know fightin' time.

Well the old girl fired up on second push of the button. Of course she then had to be properly warmed up before I shut down the motor. Well I had the harridan next door shouting over the wall but frankly I was sufficiently pissed not to be able to hear her over the 13k rpm screaming of the best V Four motor ever built and thus I failed to empathise with her plight.

Like I ever complain whe her mother comes over every Sunday and spend the afternoon laughing like a drain.

Kev
Wish I had an rc30 I could start at 2am....come to think of it, I wish I had an rc30. ...
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8788 on: September 19, 2015, 01:48:50 pm »
It's getting late and we had fcuken visitors tonight.
I really didn't feel like doing the entertainment bit so I filled 'em full  of tucker and piss and now ever buggas gone to bed after a dose of Led Zepplin.

Now I'm here all by me fcuken self with a fridge full of cold beer to attend too.
Life can be a bloody mongrol sometimes.  ;D

Life's tough mate...glad you're holding up.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8789 on: September 19, 2015, 04:09:44 pm »

Kev
Wish I had an rc30 I could start at 2am....come to think of it, I wish I had an rc30. ...

As much as I'd like an RC30, if I was dumb enough to fire it up at 2am here, I'd probably get stabbed. While Cliff (Maduncle) and I were loading his next project into the back of his Hilux, a very angry looking sheila stalked down my driveway and asked me if the dog that was barking was mine?

Aha, a little light bulb went off in my head, this is the biatch that left the note in my letter box signed "Concerned Neighbour", complaining about my barking dog? Of course, I don't own a dog, much less one that barks, poor old Sally the wonder dog went to God 2 or 3 years ago, and I haven't replaced her yet, so if this whinging slapper can hear her barking, she's a fcuking psychic, not just a fcuking psycho.

Anyway, I explained that yon barking hound belongs to my Italian neighbour, Memo. After satisfying herself that there was no sign of a dog on my property, she stalked back up my driveway in the direction of Memo's house. Now to explain what a psycho she is, she doesn't actually live next door to me or Memo, she lives at least half a mile away, across the park behind our houses. I'm surprised that she could hear a dog barking that far away, she must have listened really hard............

We've lived next door to Memo for around 12 years now, and sadly his predecessor, Simon, had a useless little fcuking barking machine as well, but apart from the usual death threats over the fence I've never thought to take it any further. As much as Memo has pissed me off over the years for not necking that noisy little poofter dog, I actually felt sorry for him as I saw this psycopathic harpy marching in his direction, I think a world of hurt is heading his way............. ;D 

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #8790 on: September 19, 2015, 04:34:27 pm »
Or hers...
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #8791 on: September 20, 2015, 03:29:09 am »
The title for the cb350 I got for my wife is screwed up, whatever ink that was in the pen that the last registered owner used to sign it has faded so bad that you can hardly tell it's ever been signed and local license branch says it needs to be re-signed. I was half tempted to sign it myself but figured I could get into a load of trouble if I did, fortunately though I was able to get in contact with the last reg owner and he agreed to re-sign it however he lives about 2 and 1/2 hrs away which will be a solid 5 hr ride there and back just to get a signature because he doesn't want to do it through the mail. The weather is supposed to be great later today so the ride back will be nice but right now it's on the chilly side so the ride there might start out miserable and my back is stiff from all the work I did yesterday cleaning up the storm damage on my tree and I'm not happy about it.  :'(
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline dbbrian350F

• Enthusiast
  • dbbrian350F
« Reply #8792 on: September 20, 2015, 05:46:26 am »
Terry - you might say she's barking mad  ;)
Bound and determined to restore my...
1974 CB350F1

Lucky new custodian of...
1978 XS1100E

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8793 on: September 20, 2015, 06:55:09 am »
Terry - you might say she's barking mad  ;)

Woof! ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8794 on: September 21, 2015, 08:19:31 am »
Well it's 1am as I type this, and I'm spewing. My cunning plan for buying the Harley Sportster and having Cliff bring it to Canberra for me has hit a major wall. No, Cliff did a sterling job and collected it, carefully tied it down, and it arrived in perfect shape. Thanks Cliff, you're a legend!

Sadly the weather had turned for the worse this afternoon, so it was pissing down rain and dark by the time he arrived at the hotel. No problem, instead of my "maiden voyage" ride to the storage facility, Cliff and I piled into his pickup truck and drove it there instead. When we got there, we unloaded it, I took it for a quick blat around the facility, took a pic, then locked it away.

Tonight, after we had a nice Indian meal at the restaurant next to the hotel and I bid Cliff goodnight, I looked at the pic, and realised that there was no number plate on it? WTF? On the eBay ad, it said that it's registered in Victoria until May next year!

I sent the bike shop owner an eBay message asking where my number plate is, and he replied that he couldn't transfer Victorian registration interstate, and thought I'd realise that? He went on to say that to transfer the rego, I'd need to have a Victorian address and license number?

I reminded him that someone from his shop had written my Victorian address on the paperwork they gave Cliff, and I gave him my Victorian drivers license number. I further explained that while I WORK in Canberra, I LIVE in Melbourne, and also (legally) drive a Victorian registered car, because I go home on weekends. I'm not a Canberre resident (living in motels) so I can't legally register it here in Canberra. Fcuk.

The fcuking idiot. Without asking me, he's removed the number plate and (probably, but I hope not) cancelled the remainder of the registration! I'm waiting on a response to the three messages that I've now sent him, I hope he can sort it out, if not, I've got a very expensive "project". Thank God I rented a secure storage facility to park it in, I can't legally park it in the hotel carpark, because it's not registered.............  >:(   

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #8795 on: September 21, 2015, 02:44:44 pm »
"Oh what a wicked  web we weave, when we practice to deceive.".......... ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D
The older I get the faster I was.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8796 on: September 21, 2015, 02:47:44 pm »
Get Fcuked. ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8797 on: September 21, 2015, 03:14:03 pm »
Harley riders. .....nothing but trouble.. :P
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8798 on: September 21, 2015, 03:17:42 pm »
I wouldn't mind that slur if I was actually riding it, now I have to tell my insurance rep that the rego information I gave them is incorrect..... :D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8799 on: September 21, 2015, 03:25:02 pm »
He won't be happy.... ;D
You should just let him know when it's sorted.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)