Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1383938 times)

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8875 on: September 24, 2015, 07:51:36 pm »
Speaking of Redbacks Mick. "Pete - Spoiler Alert". Recently found this under the filler cap flap.
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8876 on: September 24, 2015, 08:52:01 pm »
Haha, thanks for that.
I've got one living in the b pillar of my ute, perhaps one of you big manly types could come and dispose of it for me.... :-[
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8877 on: September 24, 2015, 09:21:04 pm »
Speaking of Redbacks Mick. "Pete - Spoiler Alert". Recently found this under the filler cap flap.
Sneaky little bugga Krusty.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8878 on: September 24, 2015, 09:34:21 pm »
Haha, thanks for that.
I've got one living in the b pillar of my ute, perhaps one of you big manly types could come and dispose of it for me.... :-[
That's no worries Pete, we can come and get him.
The thing to remember about spiders is that they are a bit territorial and they also like their mates hanging around in the general vicinity.
So more than likely, a few of his mates could be lurking in the ute as well.

I reckon that if you sell the ute to Terry or myself at the right price, there'll be nothing more to be concerned about.
Because those Spider/Nerve tablets aren't gonna last forever mate.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8879 on: September 25, 2015, 01:40:51 am »
I love the way you guys are so caring and helpful, I love you like brothers. Always thinking about my welfare....how could I ever be pissed with you.
I had a message left on my phone today by a certain victorian sohc member......"answer ya fkn phone or I'll send over a box of spiders"....this is why I love you guys  :o ;D
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8880 on: September 25, 2015, 02:06:43 am »
We do luv ya too Pete, even if we are teasin' buggas sometimes.
It's not that we mean to be naughty boys or do it on purpose.
We wouldn't tell any fcuken lies.
No fcuken way.
Honest mate.

Now did Terry, I mean the Victorian SOHC member go into any detail about the type of spiders that he'll be sending if ya don't answer ya fcuking phone.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8881 on: September 25, 2015, 02:39:17 am »
No detail but he did sound very threatening. ...he's a nasty bloke that victorian sohc member, nasty.
I had to ring him and had to give the old "this call may be recorded....." spiel to which he kindly replied "well go and get fkd then".....I'm sure the little nerds that monitor the calls would have enjoyed that one. Nasty I say, nasty  ;D ;D
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8882 on: September 25, 2015, 03:12:27 am »
Hey Mick, you had to mention auditors.  I just found out today that we have the chief inspectors coming to work early next month.  From what I've been told, you could only wish they were as nice as OH&S inspectors.   :-\
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8883 on: September 25, 2015, 04:30:11 am »
Haha, thanks for that.

If you can wait a couple of week Pete, I'll come over and give it a squashing, to apologise for my aggressive behaviour earlier today. I wasn't my usual jovial self today, because I was well pissed off.

You see I'm hoteling it at the moment, and generally I enjoy it, apart from the PITA of having to unpack on arrival each Sunday evening, and pack up again each Thursday night, so I can check out first up on Friday morning.

Anyhoo, the last two weeks I've been staying at quite a nice apartment style hotel in Gungahlin, an outer suburb of Canberra. I quite enjoyed last week so I asked for the same room again this week, anyway, this week I was disturbed from my slumber not once, not twice, but 3 fcuking times, by "Dumb and Dumber", two roadworkers who were billeted in the room next to mine.

These brainless fcukwits would come back to their room late (say around 11pm) each night 3 parts pissed, turn their TV on at max volume, talk absolute schidt, laugh like flushing toilets at each other's "witty banter" (read subhuman grunting of no intelligence at all) and as they were both smokers, they'd go outside for a smoke every 20 minutes or so slamming their rooms door.

These rooms have "smart" electronics, so once you remove your entry card, the lights, TV, aircon etc switches gradually itself off, so I'd have 10 or 15 minutes of peace, then they'd come back, slamming the door on entry, yarping away, then of course once one of them inserted their smart card, the TV would come back on at full volume. Krunts.

The first night, someone on the other side of their room bashed on their door and told them to shut the fcuk up, and all went quiet. I went to reception the next day for some supplies from their pantry, and the young girl asked me how I was enjoying my stay, so I told her about these arseholes, and she gave me a card with the night managers number, and told me to ring him if there was a problem that night. As it was, all was quiet that night, so I thought they'd learned their lesson, and had a good nights sleep.

Next night, they were up to their old tricks. The neighbour on the other side must have checked out, and as I've got to be very careful about getting into potentially violent situations due to a couple of black marks on my otherwise squeaky clean police record, I rang the night manager, and asked him to intervene. No worries, within a few minutes, I could hear him knocking on the door and telling them to shut up. They did.

Well last night I went to bed expecting a lovely sleep, went to bed around 9.30 and immediately fell asleep, then at 11.50, all hell broke loose as the Dumber Brothers arrived home from the pub. Doors slammed, TV's at max volume, yelling, laughing, yahooing, it felt like they were in my fcuking room!

Once again, I rang the night manager around 12.30, and by 1250 or so, he sorted them out again. I was thinking about cutting their throats and watching them bleed out as I positioned them in what would appear to be a homosexual act just to piss off their families, but I reluctantly put that thought away and eventually went off to sleep, before my alarm aroused me at 5am. (I have to be at work by 0600 on Fridays for a teleconference with the US Navy supply guys.) I worked until 1200, then hopped in the Subaru for it's 400 mile drive home. Nothing like a long drive on a warm day when you'd rather sleep than drive.................

So all in all, I've had fcuk all sleep this week, and if I sounded a bit abrupt Pete, I do apologise, as you know, I'm usually like a big friendly Teddy Bear........ ;D     
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8884 on: September 25, 2015, 04:37:00 am »
Good luck with the auditors Andrew.
Having the OH&S Inspectors come for a visit is a teddy bears picnic compared to a visit from the coppers without caps.

You can cut 'n polish the concrete floors and the rubbish bins and the dirty bastards will nail ya for using the wrong polish.
One positive that comes out of it all is that it teaches you how to become a sneaky, lying, master of deception.

As they say mate, pre warned is pre armed.
I mentioned earlier that there are a lot of audit irregularities every year which fcuks you up a bit and that's their way of keeping you on your toes.

In a way, it's sorta like being at war in ya head with the dirty bastards.
But if you like a challenge, bring on the fcuken auditors.

Now that I was feeling nice and settled before, I'm feeling fcuken pissed off again about fcuken auditors.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8885 on: September 25, 2015, 04:51:57 am »
I'm going to bed. Night all! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8886 on: September 25, 2015, 05:03:08 am »
Me too.
In the mornin'.
After the Wild Turkeys all gone.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8887 on: September 25, 2015, 05:26:38 am »
Haha, thanks for that.

So all in all, I've had fcuk all sleep this week, and if I sounded a bit abrupt Pete, I do apologise, as you know, I'm usually like a big friendly Teddy Bear........ ;D     

Nah mate not all, it was funny. I was flat out and didn't have time to chat anyway. ;D
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline edwardmorris

• Youngish
  • Old Timer
  • Do not cause harm, nor respond to harm with harm.
« Reply #8888 on: September 25, 2015, 10:31:35 am »
Hit and run cowards piss me off  >:( >:( >:( one such bastard took the life of a member here recently

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,151691.0.html

Be safe out there friends, and lets try and help out Digger's family. He was just 35 and has two young kids.

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
« Reply #8889 on: September 25, 2015, 12:55:28 pm »
I'm pissed that that an innocent person had to die because off stupid idiots.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/teenagers-arrested-after-mother-andrea-lehane-hit-by-monkey-bikes-at-carrum-downs-20150925-gjv4yc.html

I hope they throw the book at them and make an example of them instead of just the slap on the wrist that some seem to get. Really feel for the family of this poor woman.
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #8890 on: September 25, 2015, 04:14:08 pm »
Hit and run cowards piss me off  >:( >:( >:( one such bastard took the life of a member here recently

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,151691.0.html

Be safe out there friends, and lets try and help out Digger's family. He was just 35 and has two young kids.

Now that's bad news. I am pissed off.

Thanks for the link, will act upon it.

Kev

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #8891 on: September 25, 2015, 04:20:18 pm »
 A wayward semi took out the pole on the corner with cable and power and kept me from sniping the cheaper of the two, 69 Honda sales brochures on Ebay. Which one of you guys won it?
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8892 on: September 25, 2015, 07:27:12 pm »
Well, I finally got some time to machine a rear wheel bearing spacer for the postie bike this morning.
I found a brand new 3/4" Grade 8 CAT bolt in the mystery box and that was perfect to bore and cut to size.

Now the final job is to machine it to the correct length and not fcuk it up like I did with the last one.
As I started taking some measurements with the digital verniers, the bloody battery in the verniers went flat.
No worries, I grabbed my spare set of digital verniers and guess what?
The fcuken battery's flat in that bastard as well.

So after having a reasonably productive morning, a blokes a bit pissed off now and the thought of driving up to Woolies to get some new batteries pisses me off even more.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8893 on: September 26, 2015, 02:32:27 am »
Now that I've mastered the art of machining rear wheel bearing spacers for Postie Bikes, I'm delighted to announce that I'm now the proud owner of 2 spacers that are as about as useful as an empty bottle of beer.
FCUK.

What's happened is that the wheel bearings have previously spun in the hub and have chewed it out including the shoulders for the bearings to locate against.
So at some stage of it's life, some turkey has centre punched and loctited the bearings back into the hub and everything is a dogs breakfast.

Trying to get an accurate measurement for spacer length was a shot in the dark because the shoulders for the bearings aren't exactly dead square.

After that episode, it was time to start thinking out of the box.
Being a collector of spark plug tube spanners, I cut one to overlength and bit by bit trimmed it and installed it until the job was right.

That took nearly 7 beers and it just goes to prove the point that a few beers can assist with all sorts of problems that piss you off.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8894 on: September 26, 2015, 01:58:20 pm »
Yes Mick, beer (well any drug of choice, really) is a wonderful device for maintaining one's focus and keeping a cool head. I really don't understand why our government doesn't make it mandatory, like fluoride in the water, or gay marriage? Anyway, well done mate, and make sure you down a few bottles of "Engineers Elixir" before you take that thing for a ride, better safe than sorry, I always say! Cheers, Terry. ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8895 on: September 26, 2015, 09:46:48 pm »
Hey Uncle Tez, what is Cliff sticking this cam in?

G'Day Brian, it's a K2 with an 836 kit, but stock head. Cheers, Terry. ;D

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 11:03:25 pm by Terry in Australia »

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8896 on: September 27, 2015, 12:34:52 am »
Well, number 3 bearing spacer is made and it's a ball biter.
After pissin' around with measurements all morning, it was crunch time.
Because the bearing shoulders in the hub were rubbed out a bit due to the bearings previously spinning, the brake backplate was rubbing on the hub when the bearings were pushed home against the worn shoulders.

It doesn't sound like much, but it turned out to be a major head fcuk that required some serious thinking and drinking.
Anyway, the custom made Formula 1 Postie Bike wheel bearing spacer is a goer now.
There's .0007" clearance between the bearings and the shoulders and if Loctite Super Bearing Mount doesn't take up the difference, I'll be going straight down to the pub to drown my pissed offness.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8897 on: September 27, 2015, 01:46:48 am »
Well done Mick, good job. How have you managed the slop in the casting where the bearings mount? I had a problem with the mighty 'Wang's rear wheel, I hadn't assembled it properly when I'd previously pulled it apart and one of the bearings outer shells rotated in the casting, so just like your CT110's PO, I used some adhesive/sealant and a centre punch to tighten up the slop around the outer shell, then this time I made sure I assembled the rear wheel properly, and I've done thousands of trouble-free klicks since, I check it once in awhile, but it's got no movement at all.

I was thinking about importing a complete rear wheel and I still might (the GL1200 was never brought into Oz by Honda, only personally imported from the US where they were built, like mine) so it's pretty much impossible to find a wheel here, and if other meat heads like me did the maint on their bikes, it's more than possible they had the same problem, so I might end up with two dud wheels. Luckily for you though, CT100's are about as rare as Roo poo, so you can always pick up another complete wheel for not much if you notice any play in yours. Cheers, Terry. ;D   

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8898 on: September 27, 2015, 02:26:17 am »
I've got it by the short 'n curlys now mate.
The bearing mount holes are bit "bell mouthed" but centre punching and Loctite wiil sort that out.

The original spacer was 55mm and the new one is 53mm to give the bearings more support and to push them up against the worn shoulders.
There's a bit of a clearance issue with the brake backplate but it's not a show stopper and can be sorted out with a bit of machining.

The final drive sprocket is marginally out of alignment but a couple of beers will sort that out even if I have to machine a whisker from the inside of the primary sprocket to pull it back in a bit.

Next time a free Postie Bike comes along I'll be asking for money or beer to accept it after this episode.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8899 on: September 27, 2015, 09:48:40 am »
Ha ha, good to see that a couple of stubbies of "Engineers Elixer" can cure all PO issues Mick, I wish some of the bikes that've darkened my doorstep came with money up front to address their PO's "fixes", but I've decided such things are about as rare as rocking horse manure...... ;D