Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1383915 times)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8900 on: September 27, 2015, 08:02:02 pm »
As to be expected, after buggerising around over the weekend and making up a compatible bearing spacer for the Postie Bike rear hub that's a bit flogged out from the dreaded wheel bearings spinning in the hub syndrome, look what I found on Ebay Oz while looking for something else this morning.

Throughout the weekend when I was getting pissed off trying to make jam tarts out of dog sh1t, I searched high and low for a replacement hub with zero results.
Then all of a sudden - BINGO!!

For 165 bucks there was wasn't any hesitation to hit the Buy It Now button.
The thing is, that 165 bucks worth of beer almost got necked to keep the sanity while all of this was going on.
Now with a spare wheel, maybe a side car for the Postie Bike could be in order.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline motocyconomad

• Expert
« Reply #8901 on: September 28, 2015, 09:54:15 am »
blew up the motor on the truck, had to buy one out of a wrecked rig hope it works good. Then last Friday I was "selected" to demo test ride the Electric HD "project livewire" ...this is the first time I have ridden an American made bike inside the USA (rode a softail on a dirt road and a Buell Ulysses on a short bit of black top in Costa Rica) they pretty much #$%*ing up gas motors for me after that ride, it was fast as #$%*, faster than anything I've ever been on. felt lighter than my bike and 0 to 70 in like 3 seconds ( it had power or Eco mode I picked power) ...now I find myself looking for old zuki bandit rollers and scanning emotors and controllers...its just not #$%*ing fair!!!! Almost ruined me to gas bikes I say!GODDAMYOU HD GODDAM I WANT YOU. bastards !

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #8902 on: September 28, 2015, 05:06:14 pm »

Now with a spare wheel, maybe a side car for the Postie Bike could be in order.  ;D

DON'T DO MICK! :o :o
Horrible, nasty, dangerous things those side cars.

Having said that though, I can picture you cruising around with Charlie in the chair sporting a pair of doggels. ;D

Cheers,
Brian

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:10:16 pm by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline socal1200r

• Enthusiast
« Reply #8903 on: September 28, 2015, 05:29:11 pm »
blew up the motor on the truck, had to buy one out of a wrecked rig hope it works good. Then last Friday I was "selected" to demo test ride the Electric HD "project livewire" ...this is the first time I have ridden an American made bike inside the USA (rode a softail on a dirt road and a Buell Ulysses on a short bit of black top in Costa Rica) they pretty much #$%*ing up gas motors for me after that ride, it was fast as #$%*, faster than anything I've ever been on. felt lighter than my bike and 0 to 70 in like 3 seconds ( it had power or Eco mode I picked power) ...now I find myself looking for old zuki bandit rollers and scanning emotors and controllers...its just not #$%*ing fair!!!! Almost ruined me to gas bikes I say!GODDAMYOU HD GODDAM I WANT YOU. bastards !

Just like a real sports car has three pedals and runs on fossil fuel, as long as there's gasoline available, I'll never own an electric car or bike.  It's just not the same...

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8904 on: September 28, 2015, 08:33:52 pm »

DON'T DO MICK! :o :o
Horrible, nasty, dangerous things those side cars.

Having said that though, I can picture you cruising around with Charlie in the chair sporting a pair of doggels. ;D

Cheers,
Brian
I reckon that Charlie would like it in the chair Brian, all kitted out and cruising through the bush.
He's got a fettish for the Quad Bike for some reason.
He livens up when that fires into life and he'll chase it until his tounge almost drags on the ground.

The only time he won't chase it is when he's got his Chicken Sticks (dog treats) and that's when he reckons fcuk the Quad Bike.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline motocyconomad

• Expert
« Reply #8905 on: September 29, 2015, 04:51:40 am »

Just like a real sports car has three pedals and runs on fossil fuel, as long as there's gasoline available, I'll never own an electric car or bike.  It's just not the same...

you'll need to go try a electric bike out, then come back and stand by this statement. Ill always have my old CB. But I must admit the speed and no gas buying feels pretty dam good. I'll never own another rig with an automatic. the day you can plug in for an hour or two and go for 6 hours, no one will have gas motor unless your feeling all nostalgic and reminiscent.

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #8906 on: September 29, 2015, 05:49:50 pm »

The only time he won't chase it is when he's got his Chicken Sticks (dog treats) and that's when he reckons fcuk the Quad Bike.  ;D

That's what I like to see, a dog with priorities.  ;D
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8907 on: September 30, 2015, 02:02:40 am »
Sometimes I wish my life was as boring as "normal" people. For me, most days are adventures, and this week has been no different. For those of you who have been asleep for the last couple of months, I work in one state, and have my family in another, so drive the 800 mile return trip each weekend.

On my return drive on Monday (usually Sunday, but had a public holiday this week) I had an "incident" caused by a fcuk wit semi driver forcing me into the emergency lane when he decided at the last minute to overtake another semi. As I swerved around the drugged out dickkhead I sat on the horn, while giving him the bird. As I looked up, I saw that he was looking the other way..........

Trouble was, as I was performing this death defying stunt, I ran over some debris (ironically, the remains of a blown out truck tyre) which ripped a hole in the sidewall of my new front tyre, causing it to instantly deflate. I wobbled and wallowed across three lanes of traffic at 70 miles an hour, until I came to a sweaty halt. The big brave trucker, who didn't let out a peep while he thought I was able to chase him down now saw the opportunity to give it to me as he went by, the weak gutted krunt..  .....

Anyhoo, I did the worlds fastest pit stop as cars and trucks tried to rub paint off the ol Subaru (and me) and apart from dirty hands and a filthy mood, I was good to go. I scanned every truck stop between Melbourne and Canberra for that truck, but didn't get the opportunity to thank him for another exciting adventure, which pissed me off some.

Well that's two near misses since I started the new job, I just hope it's not "third time unlucky" this weekend, my new "pimp mobile" gets delivered tomorrow, and I'd like to drive it at least once.......... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8908 on: September 30, 2015, 02:32:25 am »
Glad that you survived mate.
There's some knob heads out there and it's much the same on the roads up here with the interstate fcukas who've headed this way to get a job at the Inpex Gas Plant.

Well, I ordered some new rims, spokes and shocks for the Postie Bike today and was feeling rather pleased with myself.
Then when I got home tonight, the missus dropped a heap of bills in my lap that have to paid.
Car rego, trailer rego, power bill, water bill, phone bill, rates bill, garbage collection bill and there's another fcuking bill that I can't remember.

So at the moment, I'm having a cold beer and trying to think about how to weazel my way out of this and that's pissing me off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8909 on: September 30, 2015, 03:09:34 am »
Well, we had an interesting one today, there was a code called down the detention unit.  I was busy at first and couldn't attend immediately.  By the time I got there everyone was kitted up in their sperm suits and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what the #$%* was going on.  All I can say is thank #$%* I was held up by a couple of minutes, they were kitted up to do a cell extraction because a crim had bronzed up (painted himself in #$%*) and was trying to hang himself with a torn up bed sheet.  I can definitely say I was glad to be a spectator in that one.  ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8910 on: September 30, 2015, 03:18:12 am »
Well, we had an interesting one today, there was a code called down the detention unit.  I was busy at first and couldn't attend immediately.  By the time I got there everyone was kitted up in their sperm suits and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what the #$%* was going on.  All I can say is thank #$%* I was held up by a couple of minutes, they were kitted up to do a cell extraction because a crim had bronzed up (painted himself in #$%*) and was trying to hang himself with a torn up bed sheet.  I can definitely say I was glad to be a spectator in that one.  ;D

Ha ha, fcuk that Andrew, if someone deliberately covers themselves in schist and tries to hang themselves I say let them go, I'd even loan them a decent rope! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8911 on: September 30, 2015, 03:23:59 am »
There's some knob heads out there and it's much the same on the roads up here with the interstate fcukas who've headed this way to get a job at the Inpex Gas Plant.

Well, I ordered some new rims, spokes and shocks for the Postie Bike today and was feeling rather pleased with myself.
Then when I got home tonight, the missus dropped a heap of bills in my lap that have to paid.
Car rego, trailer rego, power bill, water bill, phone bill, rates bill, garbage collection bill and there's another fcuking bill that I can't remember.

So at the moment, I'm having a cold beer and trying to think about how to weazel my way out of this and that's pissing me off.  ;D

Yeah, don't pay 'em Mick, you won't be the first Darwin-ite to drive an unregistered car, I thought unregistered cars were mandatory in the NT? Maybe you should "Bronze Up" when the wallopers turn up to collect the money, that sounds like a good way to keep your money in the old sky rocket? ;D

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8912 on: September 30, 2015, 03:39:19 am »

Ha ha, fcuk that Andrew, if someone deliberately covers themselves in schist and tries to hang themselves I say let them go, I'd even loan them a decent rope! ;D
That's my thoughts exactly, if they are #$%*ed up enough to do something like that then I reckon we should just let them have at it.  Unfortunately the bleeding hearts of the world don't see it quite the same.  I had one say to me a few weeks back "He's a nice guy, he just made a few bad choices."  Unfortunately I'm not allowed to then turn around and say that one of those "bad choices" involved raping his ex-girlfriend then stabbing her 45 times.  Yeah let's just call them bad choices.  The bleeding hearts are the worst part of the job and unfortunately a lot of them wear the same uniform as the rest of us.   :-\
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8913 on: September 30, 2015, 03:44:09 am »
Yeah mate, when I buy my first private jail you can be my warden, and we'll share that rope around until the only crims left are the poor buggers who got done for speeding or bronzing up to keep the bill collectors at bay.... ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8914 on: September 30, 2015, 04:11:38 am »
Wow Tez, glad you dodged one mate. When I was commuting 160km return I too had a couple of moments and saw lots of near misses....it pissed me off. >:(

Hey Andrew.....just when you thought you'd seen it all... :o

Mick....tell 'em to get fkd and if they want their money to come and get it and then let charlie loose on them, that'll piss them off  ;D

1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8915 on: September 30, 2015, 04:39:18 am »
I haven't heard about getting "Bronzed Up" before.
Years ago, a bloke was giving me mate a hard time at the pub, so the ol' mate went out to carpark after dark and found this fellas TC Cortina that had the lift up door handles.

So he dropped his daks and laid a turd on a piece of newspaper and then packed the door handle with this freshly laid googy.

Well the Cortina owner left the pub and went to open the car door and suddenly, there was some rather unsavory language coming from that general direction.
In the meantime, we were belly aching with tears streaming from laughing.
Does that mean that Cortina owner got his finger nails Bronzed Up?  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #8916 on: September 30, 2015, 04:42:32 am »
FFS! You guys are a troublesome lot down there...  :o
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8917 on: September 30, 2015, 07:45:48 am »
Wow Tez, glad you dodged one mate. When I was commuting 160km return I too had a couple of moments and saw lots of near misses....it pissed me off. >:(

Hey Andrew.....just when you thought you'd seen it all... :o

Mick....tell 'em to get fkd and if they want their money to come and get it and then let charlie loose on them, that'll piss them off  ;D

Thanks Pete, when I was the logistics manager at Pucka-fcuking-punyal for 5 years I did a shade over 1000 Klicks a week in the trusty old Hilux/Ssanyongong/Falcoon.

I saw some amazing acts of stupidity, like the trucker who set fire to his own load of hay by throwing a burning butt out da window, to the young soldier who rolled his mate's car 11 times and end for ended it several times too.

His mate had just bought the car and asked him to drive it back to Pucka because he was worried about it getting scratched in the long term car park at Tulla.......

I've driven from Melbourne to Darwin then on to Gove a couple of times, up to FNQ a few times more (only flown across to Perth, to my shame) and I just love driving. I wonder how many Klicks I've clocked up in nearly 40 years?

Not knowing pisses me off....... ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8918 on: September 30, 2015, 02:41:45 pm »
Here's another adventure that happened yesterday that I wasn't even aware of until I listened to the news on my way in this morning, the hotel I'm staying at received a fcuking bomb threat last night! Management decided not to evacuate the guests, so as not to alarm them. Being alarmed would probably piss me off......... ;D

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
« Reply #8919 on: September 30, 2015, 04:09:22 pm »
I'd be more pissed if I got blown up! ;D
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8920 on: September 30, 2015, 06:35:45 pm »

Yeah, don't pay 'em Mick, you won't be the first Darwin-ite to drive an unregistered car, I thought unregistered cars were mandatory in the NT? Maybe you should "Bronze Up" when the wallopers turn up to collect the money, that sounds like a good way to keep your money in the old sky rocket? ;D
Yeah the good ol' days mate.
Times are tough now when you can't bribe a copper with a carton of cold beer anymore.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #8921 on: September 30, 2015, 08:37:15 pm »
 I was rebuilding the wheels on the rougher of the two cb400's tonight. I dismounted the old tires, cut the spokes and am ready to soda blast the hubs. If anyone runs into the guy that said they always stored it inside kick him in the nuts for me.
 I won $250 worth of contingency Auto Meter gauges racing, I get to pick off the web site. Dang they have dozens of styles, stepper motor gauges, antique ones. I can't even find the plain old mechanical ones with the 1/8" pipe thread on the back. (oil press, cb750 and fuel pressure, dragster) I might have to go to the speed shop to get part numbers.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8922 on: September 30, 2015, 09:06:38 pm »
I just Googled "Bronze Up" out of curiosity and I reckon that I get the idea now.  ;D
FFFFAAAARRRKKK ;D

The glorious act of coating yourself in your own excrement. This can be done by using a brush, paper or simply just your hands. It can be done either in anger to shock or annoy people or just for plain old fun.

Adrian got angry when he seen someone pushing in line at the canteen. He proceeded to bronze up on the spot and was at the front of the line in no time!

Adrian likes men and invites other fags around to have a group bronzing up session in his kitchen.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8923 on: September 30, 2015, 09:09:52 pm »
Here's another adventure that happened yesterday that I wasn't even aware of until I listened to the news on my way in this morning, the hotel I'm staying at received a fcuking bomb threat last night! Management decided not to evacuate the guests, so as not to alarm them. Being alarmed would probably piss me off......... ;D
Not as much as being blown up....wtf were they thinking  :o
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8924 on: October 01, 2015, 02:30:06 am »
Mental note to Terry, stay the fcuk away from Adrian's kitchen....... ;D