Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1384778 times)

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #9075 on: October 18, 2015, 02:38:50 am »
We had a vintage machinary show on in town today, I took the kids along to have a bo-peep at the old gear.  My young fella spotted this bike in the corner and pestered the fella to give it a kick in the guts.  It is sort of a Honda.  It has a CX500 front end ;D.  From there back it is a little different, it has a 471 blower feeding into a 327 chev driving a 2 speed power glide.  When he fired it up it pissed off a few of the old farts sitting around pulling their dicks over their old pump engines  ;D ;D ;D.

http://www.madv8bike.com/id10.html
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9076 on: October 18, 2015, 03:53:59 am »
I wanted them all to win. What a race that was.
The mrs and I didn't go this year, so I watched it on fox....I was on my feet the last few laps.....best I've seen for a long time. Moto3 was pretty good too, not for some of the riders though, but nonetheless entertaining. 8)
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #9077 on: October 18, 2015, 04:07:02 am »
If you missed that motogp race today you'd be mighty pissed off. :o

Thanks for not spoiling it, I just watched the recording but I'm not spoiling it either. All I can say is WOW
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9078 on: October 18, 2015, 07:44:59 am »

Thanks for not spoiling it, I just watched the recording but I'm not spoiling it either. All I can say is WOW
pissed off that I don't know where I can watch it...anybody got a link?
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9079 on: October 18, 2015, 02:02:29 pm »

pissed off that I don't know where I can watch it...anybody got a link?

You can try motogp.com but you'd need to subscribe. Worth it. You won't be pissed off
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9080 on: October 18, 2015, 02:10:56 pm »
We had a vintage machinary show on in town today, I took the kids along to have a bo-peep at the old gear.  My young fella spotted this bike in the corner and pestered the fella to give it a kick in the guts.  It is sort of a Honda.  It has a CX500 front end ;D.  From there back it is a little different, it has a 471 blower feeding into a 327 chev driving a 2 speed power glide.  When he fired it up it pissed off a few of the old farts sitting around pulling their dicks over their old pump engines  ;D ;D ;D.

That's the ol' mate Mad (Ron Laycock) from Darwin Andrew.
He's got a Chevy Blitz with a jet engine bolted onto it that can launch a decent flame.
Back in the day, he'd put on a wild fire show at Hidden Valley drag strip with that bike.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #9081 on: October 18, 2015, 11:41:18 pm »
I'll bet that's the fastest a CX500 front wheel has ever travelled! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9082 on: October 18, 2015, 11:49:52 pm »
Charlie was all set to kick arse on 4 wheels but he couldn't find the keys to the Quad Bike which pissed him off.  ;D

As tough as Charlie thinks he looks with that hanky around his neck Mick, I think he looks a bit, er, "Metro"?, I think a nice Charlie Manson swastika tattoo on his little forehead and a big gold pirate earring would make him look a tad more aggressive, and maybe a set of stilts? ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9083 on: October 19, 2015, 01:30:24 am »
Charlie was all set to kick arse on 4 wheels but he couldn't find the keys to the Quad Bike which pissed him off.  ;D

As tough as Charlie thinks he looks with that hanky around his neck Mick, I think he looks a bit, er, "Metro"?, I think a nice Charlie Manson swastika tattoo on his little forehead and a big gold pirate earring would make him look a tad more aggressive, and maybe a set of stilts? ;D
I agree mate.
He looks a bit like fcuken tourist.
When he was a pup, the bloody kids had pegs clipped all over him and he looked like a real dickhead.
Luckily for them, he's got a good nature or it might been a different story.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9084 on: October 19, 2015, 01:54:40 am »
He looks like a happy pup Mick, if I die and come back as a sausage dog, I hope I'm as happy as him! ;D

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #9085 on: October 19, 2015, 02:52:27 am »

That's the ol' mate Mad (Ron Laycock) from Darwin Andrew.
He's got a Chevy Blitz with a jet engine bolted onto it that can launch a decent flame.
Back in the day, he'd put on a wild fire show at Hidden Valley drag strip with that bike.  ;D
Yeah, that's him, Mick.  He now lives about half an hour out of Maryborough, apparently the old blitz is going to make an appearance at the local show next year.  He also had a V16 Paxton ship engne there, if I remember correctly it was only 109 litres and produced a measly 2500hp.  It took up half a drop deck.  ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9086 on: October 19, 2015, 07:53:47 pm »
This is Mad's Ride On Mower that he built with an Austin 1800 motor in it.
He got permission from the Litchfield Shire Council to give it a test run around the footy oval at Fred's Pass Reserve.
That was all going good until the council inspector caught Mad doing 75mph around the oval and told him to fcuk off with his ride on mower.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline bj

« Reply #9087 on: October 19, 2015, 08:02:36 pm »
OK. I can't take it anymore. The word "build", as it related to motorcycles, is a verb. It is not a noun. That is all.

Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.
CB550K1, CB350K4, CB350K4 race, '81 Passport

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9088 on: October 19, 2015, 08:16:02 pm »
OK. I can't take it anymore. The word "build", as it related to motorcycles, is a verb. It is not a noun. That is all.

Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   and furthermore, these bikes were "built" by corporations with the name of Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Triumph, whatever, there is a bunch more...and unless I see some dickhead on pipeburn employing a staff of 100's of engineers, and casting his own crankcases, said dickhead is not a bike "builder", but just an ordinary dickhead.
And thanks for that sir, I will certainly have a good one.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9089 on: October 19, 2015, 08:32:54 pm »
You two whiners piss me off, with all your high falooting knowledge of what words mean and that, youse can both suck my sweaty balls while I finish building my (female) sex robot...... ;D

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9090 on: October 19, 2015, 08:48:38 pm »
oh, ok....Terry's "build" is a female sex robot!   If I ever see a female sex robot "built" like Terry, I will be really pissed off...also currently pissed that I have built this "build" molehill into a mountain of confusion.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9091 on: October 19, 2015, 09:02:14 pm »
Ha ha, I tested your logic just now men, there was a dickhead telling everyone he was a house "builder", so I immediately challenged him. "Did you mill the timber or cast your own bricks?" "No," he muttered with his head hung low. "Then all you do is ASSEMBLE a house, you big noting dickhead!" That shut him down...... Dickhead. ;D

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
« Reply #9092 on: October 20, 2015, 12:06:21 am »
You two whiners piss me off, with all your high falooting knowledge of what words mean and that, youse can both suck my sweaty balls while I finish building my (female) sex robot...... ;D

Hmmm. How will the robot know it's female?
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9093 on: October 20, 2015, 02:17:58 am »
I don't know Krusty, there's always someone waiting in the wings ready to shoot a bloke down, how will it know it's female? Well it won't have a dick, for a start...... ;D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:20:18 am by Terry in Australia »

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
« Reply #9094 on: October 20, 2015, 03:53:37 am »
Programmed for a fluid leak each month?
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9095 on: October 21, 2015, 01:10:01 am »
Here you go Mick. A bit of inspiration for you. ;D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 01:13:10 am by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9096 on: October 21, 2015, 03:11:11 am »
Here you go Mick. A bit of inspiration for you. ;D
Thanks for the pic Brian.
I like the Formula 1 gear shift lever too.
I have to admit that the thought has gone through my mind to put a set of Ape Hangers on the Postie.
There's a brand new set of 12 inch lift bars in the shed that'd look good on it and it still might happen.

Still waiting for the spokes to arrive which should be next week and then lace the new rims.
Then reseal the forks and she should be a roller again.

The sump plug thread is a bit dicky and I'm hoping that I can sort that without splitting the motor for major surgery.

The goal is to have the Postie ready by Xmas although I might be pushing for time.
Every year I get jocks 'n socks 'n drill bits so the Postie will be a good change under the Xmas tree.
But I did get a pet crocodile one year for Xmas after I got my temporary croc license.
That was good until later in the day when I was full of Xmas cheer and picked it up and the ungrateful bastard bit me on the fcuken finger which pissed me off.  ;D

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 03:25:49 am by mick7504 »
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9097 on: October 21, 2015, 04:17:54 am »
Thats a cool Postie, I'm thinking about a set of Apes on my Fj1200, it's a bit of a stretch to the stock bars, so a sweet set of 2 footers will make for a comfy cruiser.... ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9098 on: October 21, 2015, 02:05:34 pm »
Now there's an idea Tez, ape bars on the 1100r....should ease the problem of the sore neck I get riding it....would look kinda cool  :-\
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9099 on: October 21, 2015, 11:09:09 pm »
That's it Pete, the haters out there can't see past their narrow "Form over function" focus, but blokes like you, Mick and me can see outside the box, it's almost sad thinking about our critics, sitting there in their Agostini T Shirts, reading the latest "collectable Motorcycle Investor News" and being horrified at the suggestion of an easy mod that'll make their (occasional) rides so much more comfortable...... ;D