Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1385011 times)

Offline petercb750

• Master
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #9100 on: October 21, 2015, 11:40:31 pm »
We are very "special"..... ;)
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9101 on: October 22, 2015, 02:25:27 am »
Well, seeing that we're in Ape Hanger mode, I couldn't help myself to check it out after our mate Brian Bear posted that photo of the Postie yesterday which is a rip snorta.
So, after bolting the 12 inch hi-rise bars on for a test, I love it.
In fact, I love it that much that me dicks that hard that an Angle Grinder couldn't touch it.

The truth is that Pull Back bars is what I like because they're more practical than those fcuking Sport/Clip On poofta bars that fcuk you're back when you go for a good blast.
The thing is that you don't sit at the bar in the Pub all bent over unless the intention is to.... Well, you know what I mean.

Anyway, here's the Postie with some proper handle bars on it.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #9102 on: October 22, 2015, 03:26:04 am »
Hey Pete, I just saw this picture and thought of you mate.   ;D ;D

1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #9103 on: October 22, 2015, 03:33:48 am »
Fkcuing HELL the stuff you guys have to put up with... Between arachnids, sea creatures, reptiles, fires, and driving fines, heck, can't anyone down there take a hint???? MOVE!  ;D Me thinks someone is trying to tell you something
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9104 on: October 22, 2015, 04:05:07 am »
And fcuking Postie Bikes as well Cal.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #9105 on: October 22, 2015, 04:33:09 am »
Makes me wonder how much trouble you guys would get into if you all lived here? All that free time on your hands and no worries about something trying to eat you, bite you or kill you. Imagine how much more beer you could drink and all the extra riding you could do! You would of course be expected to learn to drive on the proper side of the road  :D
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #9106 on: October 22, 2015, 05:03:29 am »
I'll ignore Cal's taunts, Oz is the best country in the free world, it's just disappointing that we don't have bears, cougars, mountain lions, or wolves, if we had them as well we'd truly have the best critters in the world too.

That postie looks tops Mick, I've had pullbacks on several CB750's over the years, on my Rocket III of course, and on my magnificent Sporty, hell, even my big black 'Wang came from the factory with them. While I suppose they might look a bit odd on Pete's beautiful CB1100R, they are a great thing on most bikes..... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9107 on: October 22, 2015, 01:08:17 pm »
Mmm...."Pete" and "odd" in the same sentence....who would have thought.... ::)

And let's not forget rattle snakes in the US. Nasty little critters.

Thanks Andrew, interesting little story....perhaps I have misjudged them....I'll try to look at them differently from now on...but still from 5metres.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9108 on: October 22, 2015, 10:21:19 pm »
Well, seeing that we're in Ape Hanger mode, I couldn't help myself to check it out after our mate Brian Bear posted that photo of the Postie yesterday which is a rip snorta.
In fact, I love it that much that me dicks that hard that an Angle Grinder couldn't touch it.

The truth is that Pull Back bars is what I like because they're more practical than those fcuking Sport/Clip On poofta bars that fcuk you're back when you go for a good blast.
The thing is that you don't sit at the bar in the Pub all bent over unless the intention is to.... Well, you know what I mean.

Luv your work Mick..........Nice! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,
Brian
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 10:22:56 pm by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9109 on: October 22, 2015, 10:27:03 pm »
Mmm...."Pete" and "odd" in the same sentence....who would have thought.... ::)

And let's not forget rattle snakes in the US. Nasty little critters.

Thanks Andrew, interesting little story....perhaps I have misjudged them....I'll try to look at them differently from now on...but still from 5metres.

Nah, I didn't bother with rattle snakes Pete, their positively gay compared to our beaut killer snakes, so not worth a mention. Don't get me going on hoop snakes and drop bears either, they're just too wicked to think about before bed...... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9110 on: October 22, 2015, 10:30:00 pm »
I'm flying back to Melbourne from Brisbane, my course finished early so I've been sitting at the airport for 3 hours... I'd be pissed off if I wasn't getting paid to do it......... ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9111 on: October 22, 2015, 11:29:14 pm »
So when do you visit Radelaide?
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9112 on: October 23, 2015, 01:36:58 am »
Monday mate! ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9113 on: October 23, 2015, 01:53:49 am »
I'll look forward to your call  ;)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9114 on: October 23, 2015, 02:05:55 am »

Luv your work Mick..........Nice! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,
Brian
Thanks Brian

Now the ol' brain's tickin over with ideas and I haven't started on the motor yet.
Here's a few pics with the more conservative pull back bars and the seat from my favourite old school Honda 4 chopper.

Realistically, the Postie's gunna be a goer well before the chopper so I suppose, some forward controls could be on the menu as well.
Maybe I should get another flogged out Postie bike and chop the fcuk outa that instead.

Decisions, decisions piss me off.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Demon67

• Hot Shot
« Reply #9115 on: October 23, 2015, 02:46:57 am »
You want a few bears, cougars Tez that could be arranged.
Bill the demon.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9116 on: October 23, 2015, 03:20:11 pm »
As lovely as that seat obviously looks Mick, it might be just a little too much of a good thing? I think the OEM saddle and a "Pussy Pad" to car around the inevitable throng of hot babes who'll want to come riding with you, would be a better look? Only my humble opinion of course, I'm sure it'll look sweet regardless of what I think.............. ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9117 on: October 23, 2015, 05:04:11 pm »
I've gone cold on the Chopper seat after having a sleep mate.
These fantastic ideas always come to light after a few beers but fcuk the Chopper seat.
And if a hot babe wants a ride on the Postie, then she'll have to find somewhere else to sit ......... and it won't be on the seat.  ;D

In the meantime, I found a set of mini pullbacks in the shed this morning that might be a better option for the bars.
The lineal length from the bar centre to the end is 2 inches longer than the stock Postie bars so I might be able to get away without lengthening cables and wiring which pisses me off.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9118 on: October 23, 2015, 05:20:59 pm »
That's some sweet pullbacks Mick, much like the ones on my Sporty. Here are the factory bars on my magnificent 'Wang", I didn't like the "Sit up and beg" stance when riding, so I binned them and installed a much modified set of XS1 650 Yam bars, which are a nice wide bar. ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9119 on: October 23, 2015, 05:54:12 pm »
Thanks Terry.
I like the look of those XS1 bars and they were an option that I looked at.
The second lot of bars in the Postie pics are Honda Magna pullbacks (HSB27) and are a good height and width.

The bars on the Quad Bike are comfortable too and are good for control when the Quad starts getting a bit funny and going sideways on the skinny gutted dirt tracks out in the bush.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9120 on: October 24, 2015, 12:24:27 am »
I got a bar looking at Terry's wang..... :-[
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9121 on: October 24, 2015, 12:29:08 am »
That's OK Pete, it happens to the best of us, it's not a gay thing............. I've gotta get it to Jeff at Ace and have him sort out the ignition fault, I could do it myself by replacing the entire ignition system, but he'll probably just find a bad earth and have it fixed in 10 minutes. ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9122 on: October 24, 2015, 02:18:31 am »
I got a few hours in today to put the 3 Phase compressor back together.
This is the one that that I thought that I'd get real clever with and convert it with a single phase motor.
That turned out to be a fcuking disaster as well as a WOFTAM. (Waste Of Fcuking Time And Money)
But ya gotta give it a go.

So, no worries, we can do that.
PIGS FCUKING ARSE.

That turned out to be a real poofta getting the pulleys aligned.
The horizontal alignment was a piece of piss because the electric motor pulley is adjustable on the shaft.
But getting the axial offset right was enough to turn a bloke to the bottle.
And it did.

When the belt was tensioned, the fcuking electric motor pulley would kick itself outa square with the compressor pulley.
Fcuk it.
Anyway, it's got 8 thou of kick in the axial offset and that's good enough for the bush.

If the fcuking drive belt jumps the pulley now, I know were there's some explosives.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9123 on: October 24, 2015, 05:48:10 pm »
That looks beaut Mick, how many CFM? Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9124 on: October 24, 2015, 06:31:29 pm »
It's 26 CFM mate with a 150 litre tank.
The electric motor is 3Ph/5.5HP but I've got no 3Ph grid power here which is why I tried to convert it Single phase with a 15 amp 3.5HP electric motor
but it just didn't have enough grunt to run the compressor motor after 80 PSI.

And that did piss me off because I thought that I'd backed a winner.
So, the options now are either sell it or put a 3 phase outlet on the 12.5 KVA Diesel Genset and crank her up.

There's nothing like a challenge mate especially if it means having a few beers and getting pissed off with these hair brain ideas.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.