Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1385503 times)

Offline petercb750

• Master
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #9250 on: November 07, 2015, 07:21:43 pm »

I think I might have fallen in love again. No, not with a sheila, (or a bloke, not that there's anything wrong with that............) but when I was looking at sidecars for your CT110, I found this outfit on eBay, here in Melbourne, and I really like it.

I owned a Rolladoor a few years back and I wasn't impressed, but this thing is so well done, I can't help but like it. Problem is the wife will kill me if I buy it, and I don't have anywhere to park it. Oh wait, I still have that shed at Storage King in Canberra, there's plenty of room in it, and I've got a trailer now................ ;D

Fcuk my brown dog spot!
What have I started here? :o
I've got a brown dog now, a 2yo greyhound called rusty, and he'd be pissed off if you tried to fcuk him..... ;D
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9251 on: November 08, 2015, 01:07:59 am »
Hey Pete
Tell Rusty that Charlie said how the fcuk are ya mate.

I like that rig with the chair Terry.
Uncle Brian has led us right into side car corruption and I love it.

Scottly, starters motors piss me off to.
That's why God put kick starters on Honda 4's mate.

Well, I just caught up with the 'ol mate Ian who has been a buddy since Primary School going back to the 60's.
We sunk a few beers and had some tucker and told some fcuking big lies.
Ian's Dad Max who is 88yo now, lives in Darwin because it's too fcuking cold below the Tropic of Capricorn.

Max (Dr Johnson) used to be the Doc at the BHAS in Pt. Pirie back in the 60's and maybe early 70's.
(Maxine might remember Pete)

Anyway, due to his age, mobility for Max isn't real good but his memory is as sharp as a tack.
Now the thing is that after all of these years, Ian and myself thought that we both had gotten away with a few things when we were lads.
But as we found out, Max was right onto it and the truth had to be spoken today.
It took about 50 years to let the cat outa the bag and we had a bloody good laugh instead of a number 9 boot fair up the arse which is what would've happened way back when.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9252 on: November 08, 2015, 01:28:14 am »
Rusty said back at ya Charlie 8)

I'll get a pic of Rusty on here soon. Man he's good so far....first night in the house and at about 5.30 this morning he came into the bedroom and nuzzled my hand (which strangely wasn't holding anything at the time) to let me know he wanted a pee, let him out and then came back in and went back to his bed. Good boy, and doesn't piss me off.  ;D
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Online Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #9253 on: November 08, 2015, 02:00:56 am »
Ha ha, sounds like you're not at all pissed off with Rusty Pete, well done for saving a Greyhound, they're good dogs, I had friends when I was a kid who had Greyhounds, and they were good dogs. My big fat black cat, Felix, is a beaut cat when he's not beating the #$%* out of all the other cats or having a sly piss on one of my bikes, but he's none too bright, sadly.

He can meow louder than most dogs can bark when he wants to go outside, which is good, because the missus keeps him down my end of the house with the kitchen door closed, so when I'm not home he's gotta meow his guts out to be heard. Trouble is, he's so used to me not being home now, that when I am, he still walks up to the kitchen door and lets out an earth shattering meow, instead of just walking over to the sliding door, which I taught him to do when he was a kitten.

As soon as he bellows I yell at him to shut the #$%* up, and he looks at me as if to say, "Ooops, forgot you were back, fat boy" (he's a rude bastard) and I let him out the door with my toe up his arse to help him remember.

Anyhoo, what am I pissed off about? Well I only have a couple of Foxtel channels here in "Chez Terry", and so I flicked around the pauper stations, and I've just come across a fcuking Star Wars movie. No idea which one, but it's crap. Fcuk I hate Sci Fi............... ;D     
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9254 on: November 08, 2015, 02:01:09 am »
He'll be alright Pete.

As Charlie had to learn, there's only one boss.
He tried to test me out when he was a pup and he eventually understood that persistance will wear down resistance.
He's still a stubborn fcuka and that's a Sausage Dogs nature.

He loves those Chicken Sticks and he's always a good boy when he knows that there's a treat heading his way.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9255 on: November 11, 2015, 12:28:57 am »
Taking a "sickie" because you're actually sick pisses me off. I injured my back many years ago from jumping out of perfectly good aeroplanes, so usually I'm very careful about not doing anything that'll aggravate the injury, but last Saturday I was pulling out some bike parts from under some shelving and I lifted a big plastic tub full of Honda nuts and bolts (probably 50 pounds in weight) and I felt it "going out", but persisted, and by the time I'd done mowing the lawn and weed whacking, I was just a big ball of hurt.

A mixture of pain killers and alcohol (not recommended by doctors, but what do they know?) put paid to the pain, and I was much better by Sunday. During the week though, the pain didn't go away, and today I had to go home at lunchtime, take some drugs (no alky-hole today though) and go to bed.

If you've never been bored before, try spending your afternoon in bed, in a hotel room. So being bored, feeling sore and even a little sick (a weird side effect of my back pain) has well and truly pissed me off. I did spend my sick day well though, by buying another bike.

Yes, I know, with 7 other complete running bikes I need another bike like I need a hole in my head, but on Monday evening I won $2400 playing a poker machine at the club where I'd had dinner, and my thoughts turned to the best way to expend my ill gotten gains without telling the wife? When I bought my little folding trailer a few weeks ago, John, the seller, showed me his BMW R1100GS. For those who aren't familiar with the model, they are a big 1100cc on/off roader, using the later oil/air cooled "Boxer" engine. Over the years they've morphed in to 1150 and 1200 models, but they're all essentially the same bike.

The thing that endears them to most people is that they work very well on formed roads as well as dirt, and unlike a lot of big bikes, are happy in traffic too. Anyway, John offered to sell it to me then, but I really wasn't looking for another bike, so I thanked him, and told him I'd think about it. This afternoon, buoyed by some strong pain killers, I sent him a message offering him 25% less than his original selling price, and he accepted. So on Sunday I'll be collecting it from Franger-ston and towing it back to Canberra.

Good thing is, unlike the debacle with my Harley Sportster arriving here sans number plate, it's registered so I'll be able to actually have a bike to ride around Canberra over the next few weeks. One thing I've missed about leaving Melbourne to work here during the week is not having a bike to ride on nice warm evenings, so I won't be pissed off at all having a bike up here that I can actually ride!

I hopped into my time machine so I could take this action pic of me on my new BMW in a couple of weeks time, good thing is my back came good tomorrow, so it's gonna be a red letter week. enjoy! Cheers, Terry. ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9256 on: November 11, 2015, 12:54:05 am »
I hurt my back once lifting my nuts......
No I didn't  ::)

Not good Tez, look after yourself. I'll speak to you tomorrow.  ;)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #9257 on: November 11, 2015, 01:47:39 am »
I hurt my back once lifting my nuts......
No I didn't  ::)

Not good Tez, look after yourself. I'll speak to you tomorrow.  ;)
When I did my back in a couple of years ago, the doc, a good looking late twenties asian lass, told me that I wouldn't be able to lift more than 10kg.  I turned around and said "How will I take a piss then?" judging by the look she gave me, I think it went over her head.  ;D ;D ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9258 on: November 11, 2015, 02:14:12 am »
Yeah, I had a similar issue Andrew. My doctor is semi-retired, so when I went for my annual checkup, he'd palmed me off to a nice young female doctor. Anyway, she was very professional, and quite attractive too.

Mid way thru the examination, she looked me in the eye and said, "Mr Prendergast, you're going to have to stop masturbating". I was shocked! I said (with a slight tremble in my voice) "Why's that Doc?"

She replied, "Because I'm trying to examine you!" ;D

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9259 on: November 11, 2015, 01:21:41 pm »
So Tez......................

Going on your efforts acquiring bikes since arriving in "our nation's capital", what's going to happen in two years time when your contract finnishes?

There's a knock on the door, your wife opens it and there's a big boofy b-double driver on the porch wanting to know where to unload the twenty seven motorcycles he has in the truck....................... ;D

What happens next? ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:24:20 pm by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9260 on: November 11, 2015, 02:25:27 pm »
2 years time? Oh my God Brian, what do you know that I don't know, they told me it's a 5 year contract? But anyhoo, it's costing me $230 per month for the storage shed, so I'd be wasting money if I didn't fill it up, yeah? ;D

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #9261 on: November 11, 2015, 08:11:07 pm »
Now I'm really pissed off! >:( Chevy had two different bolt patterns on the starters; one with the bolt holes inline, and one with the holes off-set. The bazillion V-8 blocks made over four decades came with both bolt patterns drilled and tapped, but every starter I found crawling around the junk yard was the off-set version, and I need the inline one. >:(
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9262 on: November 12, 2015, 05:16:24 pm »
2 years time? Oh my God Brian, what do you know that I don't know, they told me it's a 5 year contract?

Oh..............just a rumor I wouldn't worry to much. ::)

But anyhoo, it's costing me $230 per month for the storage shed, so I'd be wasting money if I didn't fill it up, yeah? ;D

It seems the lovely Evelyn and yourself share the same concept when it comes to "saving money", God help me. >:(

Want a work bench for the shed?
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #9263 on: November 12, 2015, 10:16:27 pm »
Now I'm really pissed off! >:( Chevy had two different bolt patterns on the starters; one with the bolt holes inline, and one with the holes off-set. The bazillion V-8 blocks made over four decades came with both bolt patterns drilled and tapped, but every starter I found crawling around the junk yard was the off-set version, and I need the inline one. >:(

Me too, in my own shop.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9264 on: November 12, 2015, 10:18:20 pm »
 My wife was sick so I stayed in the house all day and read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintainance. Holy #$%* that's a lot of big words. 

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9265 on: November 12, 2015, 11:17:59 pm »
2 years time? Oh my God Brian, what do you know that I don't know, they told me it's a 5 year contract?

Oh..............just a rumor I wouldn't worry to much. ::)

But anyhoo, it's costing me $230 per month for the storage shed, so I'd be wasting money if I didn't fill it up, yeah? ;D

It seems the lovely Evelyn and yourself share the same concept when it comes to "saving money", God help me. >:(

Want a work bench for the shed?

Ha ha, jeez, don't tempt me mate, it would be handy........... ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9266 on: November 12, 2015, 11:31:35 pm »
My wife was sick so I stayed in the house all day and read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintainance. Holy #$%* that's a lot of big words. 

I'm not a fan of that drivel Don, I think you may have wasted your day. Write to Pirsig and demand a refund, that'll piss the old psycho off............ ;D

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #9267 on: November 13, 2015, 12:51:56 am »
Doctors piss me off, and using sickies for being crook piss me off, especially when it is medication subscribed by the doctor that made me crook >:( >:( >:(
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9268 on: November 13, 2015, 01:48:34 am »
Well finally, the spokes for the Postie arrived the other day after the Ebay fcuka sent the wrong ones the first time.
But full credit to him for doing the right thing and sending the correct spokes as well as recognising that he fcuked up.
He told me to keep the first lot of spokes because it isn't worth the bother of sending them back.
I think that they probably fit an earlier model CT110 Postie or a CT90.

So after waiting for 19 fcuking days for Singapore Post to get them here, in hindsight, I could've tied my dinghy to a fcuking shark or an asylum seeker boat and made the return trip in under that time.

But the rear wheel is laced now and ready for truing up.
That'll be a tomorrow job because it's Friday Night which is beer night and concentrating and looking at spokes will piss me off.  ;D

Let the Fun Begin.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #9269 on: November 13, 2015, 05:09:09 am »
I work for a structural steel fabrication company and yesterday all of us were asked to sign a signature beam. It's a tradition usually reserved for the construction crew on the job site where the last beam to be put in place is signed by all those that helped put the building up and this was the very first time that we as fabricators were invited to do the same. It's usually us fabricators that the on site construction crews hate the most because if we don't get it right in the shop then the job site crew has to fix it themselves and that can mean fixing it many stories up in the air. We were invited to sign out names and ONLY our names which kind of pissed me off because what I really wanted to do was write "for a good time call ...." followed by the phone numbers of all our supervisors.  :o
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9270 on: November 13, 2015, 05:52:36 pm »

I'm not a fan of that drivel Don, I think you may have wasted your day. Write to Pirsig and demand a refund, that'll piss the old psycho off............ ;D

If I'd paid for it I'd have been even more disappointed. Best seller? Really?  There were some inconsistencies, an edit might have helped.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9271 on: November 13, 2015, 07:24:18 pm »
Yeah mate, it's like Boutique beer, all the hipsters rave about it, because they don't know beer from cows piss. The same hipsters all waffle on about Pirsig's book, and it becomes a best seller. Personally, I'd rather spend my time drinking good beer......... ;D

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9272 on: November 13, 2015, 10:14:14 pm »
 Yep, beer or actually working on motorcycles. 

I've got a motorcycle mentor that rides a Valkyre, he's got over 200K miles on it. He takes a ride every summer, usually from the midwest to the west coast for 2-3 weeks. This guy owns a mom and pop Motorcycle shop. Before he went into the army he worked at the local Honda shop, built my sandcast out of the crate and next built the low number diecast he owns to this day. He's a better story than the stuff in the book. 

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9273 on: November 13, 2015, 10:41:25 pm »
He sounds like an interesting guy Don. I knew a grumpy ex-army motorcycle mechanic back in the 80's, he had a CBX that I would drool over whenever he let me near it, and once he'd decided that I was OK he took me into his confidence and told me stories about his Vietnam experience and his life on the road for the next few years getting his head together afterwards.

I told him he should write a book but he just shook his head and looked sad. There are so many people with stories worth reading, while books like Pirsig's are just a waste of ink. Cheers, Terry. ;D 

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9274 on: November 14, 2015, 12:29:40 am »
The Postie rear wheel is done.
If I ever get offered a job truing rims, I'm going on the dole.
It wasn't too bad to do though.
Just takes a bit of time and a few beers and concentration and patience.
It's within 3 thou sideways and rotational run out and that's good enough for the bush.

We had a big thunder storm this arvo with bloody hail stones falling out of the sky and I sorta vaguely remember hail stones in Darwin once before.
They were only little poofta half inch size lads but they shot blasted the shed roof.
There was some wild thunder and lightening as well that pissed Charlie off.

I went to Cyclone Motorcycles this morning to buy a 5mm spoke wrench and they had some nice looking BMW GS bikes there.
For about 30 Gorillas, you could ride away with all of the goodies bolted onto it.
There was a second hand 1200 GS that 18 Grand was being asked for and the fella told me to come back with some boots on and take it for a blast.
Well, the temptation was there, and then these visions of making an appointment with a divorce lawyer started flashing through my mind and so I reneged.
And that pisses me off.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.