Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1385949 times)

Online Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #9275 on: November 14, 2015, 12:47:10 am »
That looks great Mick, well done! I'm picking up my new (to me) BM R1100GS tomorrow, using funds from my part time job as a professional slot jockey. On top of the $24000 I won on Monday, I won another 600 bucks on Thursday night, and as John accepted my low ball offer of $3000 for his big black boomer (no relation to Rolf's Christmas song) the bike cost me nothing.

Well, nothing that was, until I told the missus what I was up to this morning and she started to biatch, so I slung her $500 and told her to buy herself something nice. I hope she doesn't use it to buy a gun............... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9276 on: November 14, 2015, 01:00:43 am »
Tell me you accidently put an extra 0 on that win.... :o
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9277 on: November 14, 2015, 02:23:42 am »
Ha ha, I know, if I don't have a pic, it didn't happen Pete, so here's my winning pics (and pics of my winnings) from Monday. By Thursday it was getting a little blasé, so I didn't bother taking any pics. (plus some old sheila's were looking at me like they wanted to murder me, so I got outta there pretty quick.............) ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9278 on: November 14, 2015, 02:43:15 am »
Ooher, and I just remembered what I was pissed off about yesterday. After I had a rather later night Thursday night, I was rudely awoken at 0340 by the fcuking fire alarm in the hotel I'm staying at.

It's a new place, so the alarm is a very loud recording of someone saying "Evacuate the building, evacuate the building", and an audible alarm going "Barp, Barp, Barp".

I thought to myself, "ok, what should someone take when evacuating the building?" So I took my wallet, car keys, iphone and room keycard, my book and a change of clothes. You'd reckon after all that I'd be last out of the building, but no, I was one of the first out.

As it was starting to rain, I sat in my car and watched everyone else milling around in the rain. Obviously they didn't grab their car keys. Eventually the fire trucks arrived and put out the fire, (a small electrical fire, not sure where, but I could smell burning plastic, and in the morning my room's air conditioner wasn't working) and we were allowed back into the hotel.

Once again, I was surprised at the amount of people who'd locked themselves out of their rooms because they'd left their keycards in their rooms. The hotel (well, it's a serviced apartment, but hotel is easier to spell) is one of a group in Canberra, and they have a regional night manager who probably operates from home, so there were no staff members present during our ordeal, and I reckon it would have been awhile before they got back in their rooms, so I guess they were pissed off, my only concern was that I had to get up at 5am, so I could do my 6 hours and knock off at 12, to drive the 300 miles to my mum's place. 

Lucky I only drove to Bairnsdale and not another 120 miles to Melbourne, I was falling asleep as it was............ ;D 

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #9279 on: November 14, 2015, 07:07:25 am »
My wife was sick so I stayed in the house all day and read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintainance. Holy #$%* that's a lot of big words. 

I'm not a fan of that drivel Don, I think you may have wasted your day. Write to Pirsig and demand a refund, that'll piss the old psycho off............ ;D

If I'd paid for it I'd have been even more disappointed. Best seller? Really?  There were some inconsistencies, an edit might have helped.

Man! Am I embarrassed!  ::)
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

ken65

« Reply #9280 on: November 15, 2015, 09:04:39 pm »
Good one Terry.  I was really happy with my $350 win from last night but not anymore, ha

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9281 on: November 17, 2015, 02:37:17 am »
Hey any time you can walk out of a pokie joint with more money than you walked in with Ken, you're doing well! ;D

Sunday was a huge day of driving, I had to drive to Frankston to pick up my new (to me) BMW R1100GS, then back to Canberra, all up around 800 klicks, or 500 miles, in the ancient language of the druids. This of course on top of the 800 I did on Friday/Saturday, so a 1000 mile weekend.

Between Gundagai and Yass I was starting to drift off a little, so it was lucky, I guess, that a young fcukwit NSW "P Plater" came into my life. This kid wasn't your usual hoon, wasn't driving a lowered commodore, but rather, what was probably his mum's old Honda MPV. With a guitar and an amp in the back, and what was probably his sister in the back seat. He looked more like a born again Christian looking for a cult leader and tub of Koolaid............

He came up behind me going downhill at around 120-130 (Kilometers per hour) with what I presume was an attempt to overtake me, but as he drew beside me (going uphill again) the old Honda had either lost a bit of it's mojo, or he just wanted to look at my bike on the trailer, but either way, he just sat beside me. That wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't that I had a truck in front of me rapidly losing momentum, so in effect, he's penned me in, and wouldn't/couldn't fcuk off out of my way, so I had to slow right down, and pull in behind him to pass the truck. Great.

This didn't happen once, it happened 3 times, and I was getting a little pissed off, so the last time, I wound down my window and gave it to the fcukwit, who was trying to ignore my maniacal ranting, as my spittle sprayed the side of his crappy car. As soon as we got a downhill grade, he took off, and I reckon he was getting close to the ton by the time he'd reached the bottom.

I was just thinking to myself how fcuking fantastic it'd be if a cop saw what was going on, when a highway patrol car appeared out of nowhere and shot past me at around 200 KPH, and sat up yon fcukwits arse, with his lights a flashing. As I drove past I tooted my horn and waved, just to rub it in. In Victoria he would have lost his provisional license on the spot, so I hope the same laws would apply in NSW. If not, and that dangerous fool was allowed back on the road, I'd be pissed off........... ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9282 on: November 17, 2015, 03:04:00 am »
It wasn't a honda he was driving....it was the karma bus.
Cool story Tez.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9283 on: November 17, 2015, 04:10:21 pm »
That looks like the business Terry.
I really do like those BMW's.
The more that I look at it, the more that I'm beginning to turn into a "Green Eyed Monster" and that pisses me off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9284 on: November 17, 2015, 05:08:10 pm »
Ha ha, just get one Mick, I've seen some cheapies on eBay that aren't as nice as mine, but they can take a lot of abuse and would be ideal for use in the NT. Not as good as a Postie of course, but still a good tool. Just get one mate, your missus will forgive you eventually, tell her you're selling me one of your other bikes to cover the cost.... ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9285 on: November 18, 2015, 02:06:18 am »
Geez, I might be walking a fine line with the missus mate.
But a bloke should be entitled to a new toy after the pre Xmas shopping spree over the last couple of weeks.

The new pool pump arrived the other day to replace the ol' Poolrite pump that blew up the other week after about 25 years of service.
I think that I only had to rebuild it once and replace the shaft seal and impeller so it's had a good innings.
There's one pump for the filtration and the other pump is for the waterfall.
Now there are 2 identical Onga pumps, so if the pump on the filtration circuit sh1ts itself, it'll just be a matter of doing a switch over to get the show back on the road again.

Then last Saturday, the missus informed me that the ol' Simpson washing machine was blowing grease out from underneath the agitator and into the bowl.
Well, immediately I knew what that meant.
She's been wanting a Front Load lad for a long time (a woman's thing) so to keep the peace, I said "no worries love" while silently grinding my teeth.
We had a look online and agreed that a new front load Simpson for about 700 bucks would be the ducks guts seeing that the old one lasted for about 12 years.

Off we went to Harvey Norman with the trailer in tow and as to be expected, we left with this flash 1200 buck fcuka that does everything except Whistle Dixie.

So I think that I'd better write a nice letter to Santa about a BMW motorbike and leave a packet of chocolate biscuits and a box of beer out for him on Xmas Eve and wait and see what happens, although I don't like the chances and that pisses me off.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9286 on: November 18, 2015, 01:11:47 pm »
I let my mrs do my washing....once....everything was shrunk.
I let her iron my shirts....once.....burnt.

She is now not allowed to touch my stuff...been doing my own washing and ironing for over 20 years now.....that pisses me off. But at least I don't have to buy new clothes every week  ;D
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #9287 on: November 18, 2015, 11:38:52 pm »

She is now not allowed to touch my stuff...been doing my own washing and ironing for over 20 years now.....that pisses me off. But at least I don't have to buy new clothes every week  ;D

I've been doing my own washing and ironing too with no mishaps. Well except for a tuxedo that I bought about 20 years ago. Always well looked after, only dry cleaned and properly stored. I last wored it before I moved to France, so about 13 years ago. I took it down a few weeks ago and tried it on to admire myself in the mirror, and what do you know ? It's only gone and shrunk, all on it's own.

That's for the thrift store, so it is.

Kev

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9288 on: November 18, 2015, 11:44:16 pm »
That's a fcuking sad tale of woe Mick, it almost brought a tear to me eye mate. Don't talk to me about Simpson fcuking washing machines though, they are the biggest heaps of #$%* that ever pretended to be a washing machine. When we got married in 1982, we bought a Delta 10, because her mother had one, and it had lasted around 300 years apparently. Ours lasted 2 fcuking years, so we gave it to a mate who fixed washing machines, and bought a bigger Simpson with a stainless steel tub, because her mum had just  bought one and reckoned it was the ducks nuts. It fcuked up regularly until I binned it a few years later............

I scored a big Maytag washer for a slab from one of my neighbours who was getting divorced, and getting the hell out of Dodge. It was a fantastic fcuking thing, as heavy as a 351 Clevo, but what an unburstable machine. I loved it, but she hated it. We kept it until we bought the house, and I shouted her an American Whirlpool that was supposed to be just as good as the Maytag, and cost 1500 fcuking bucks. It was a pile-o-#$%*e, but lasted until last year, with regular water pump replacements. I did my nana at her about the regular pump replacements until the techo pulled one apart and showed us that the cause of the failure was the ingress of a handful of 6mm stainless screws. (I wondered where they'd gone?)

Last year I bought her and her old mum a new Samsung washer each, they were bargains at 600 bucks each from The Good Guys, we got a bit of a scare when there was talk about a Samsung washer catching fire or some shcidt, but luckily for me (because the old dragon had been bagging me out behind my back for buying her a dodgy washer, apparently) it was a different model and I was No 1 son in law again. (I'm the only son in law now, one died and one fcuked off, the lucky baastards)

Anyway, you've done the right thing and bought her a new toy Mick, so reward yourself with a slightly used BM. Seriously, it's a great bike to ride. John, the PO, installed the Staintune pipe, ECU black box chip thingie, and K&N filter, then had it Dyno-tuned, and it pulls like a 16 year old with a copy of Penthouse! I nearly sat myself on my arse on it's maiden voyage when I gave it the berries between 1st and 2nd and the front wheel came up, it was scary fun. It's just the bike you need for lording around the dusty tracks that are NT's secondary roads, and you can always give it a speed trial up the Stuart Highway, you lucky bugger, I wish we had no speed limits down south! Speed limits piss me off............ ;D   

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9289 on: November 18, 2015, 11:45:05 pm »

I've been doing my own washing and ironing too with no mishaps. Well except for a tuxedo that I bought about 20 years ago. Always well looked after, only dry cleaned and properly stored. I last wored it before I moved to France, so about 13 years ago. I took it down a few weeks ago and tried it on to admire myself in the mirror, and what do you know ? It's only gone and shrunk, all on it's own.

Kev
I know what you mean....I've got a couple of leather bike jackets that shrunk.....who would have thought  :o
They ended up being donated to the homeless.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9290 on: November 18, 2015, 11:54:36 pm »

Kev

Hey welcome back Kev, I was a little worried that you'd been caught up in the terrorist attacks in France, so it's good to see you back in print! All the best mate, keep your head down, don't think that schidt is going to be over for a long time to come, and that pisses me off...........   :'(

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9291 on: November 18, 2015, 11:56:01 pm »

Kev
I know what you mean....I've got a couple of leather bike jackets that shrunk.....who would have thought  :o

Well that was a waste of time Pete, don't you know the homeless don't own motorcycles? Duh............ ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9292 on: November 19, 2015, 12:27:49 am »

Kev

Well that was a waste of time Pete, don't you know the homeless don't own motorcycles? Duh............ ;D

Yeh but they were cold  ;)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9293 on: November 19, 2015, 01:43:44 am »
Good to see you back on board Kev.
Things are going to change for the better mate and as we all know, it'll take some time.

Well, I had a lucky break last night.
After the television hogs had finished watching The FCUKING Block, they all decided to have an early evening and went to bed.
So, that presented an opportunity to capitalise on and that opportunity was to respoke the Postie Bike front wheel on the dining room table with the air conditioner ticking over.
What a pleasurable job that was even though it meant risking life and limb if I got sprung.

While the hub was out, I stuck it in the lathe and ran a wire bush and some Wet 'n Dry over it to get rid of the snot.
Then gave it a dose of Aluminium cleaner and Acetone.
The black paint is VHT GM Satin Black Engine Enamel which is fairly close to the original black and good enough for the bush.
I gave it a bake in the shed convection oven at 200C for 20 minutes so the job should be right.

The new wheel bearings went in tonight and then I set it up in the swing arm ready for dialling in.
The front and rear wheel bearings are 6201's so no problem to set up.
That'll be a tomorrow night or a Saturday job because the fcuking mozzies and sand flies are out now and a bloke needs a cold beer.

Well, I've the BMW bug real bad Terry and for the purposes of self preservation, I better wait until after the Xmas onslaught which pisses me off.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9294 on: November 19, 2015, 02:13:33 am »
Beautiful job Mick, well done! Re: your understandable lust for a Bavarian Murder Weapon, keep an eye on eBay and Gumtree, this is the worse time to sell anything because folks are keeping their pennies for Christmas (except the Muslims, but fcuk them anyway) so there are bargains to be had.

It's fcuking hot here in the Nations capital, so around 8pm, I hopped on the big black Boomer and rode over to Storage King to say hello to my beautiful Sporty and lock it up with the old U lock that I borrowed to lock up the Boomer, I bought a cable lock for it today, which is a bit more practical than the old Kryptonite job on the Harley. What a top night for a ride! After that I rode over to the Caltex servo at the airport to get some Vortex 98 because John reckons it's the best for the Boomer, then I rode into the city deciding whether I was hungry enough for dinner, but decided to keep riding, so I cruised around Lake Burley Griffin, then back to the hotel via the Monaro Highway.

The only downer were the bugs, for fcuks sake, I thought it was fcuking raining for a minute, before I realised that I was getting shotgunned with wet sticky things, like little flying used condoms, smacking into my beautiful face, so when I got back I had to scrub the bug guts off. There's something going on at Manuka Oval next to my hotel, and there are billions of bugs flying around the floodlights, a fcuking amazing sight!

Hey Pete, where do the homeless people put their bike jackets when it's too hot to wear them? I mean, it's not like they've got wardrobes............... ;D 

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9295 on: November 19, 2015, 03:05:12 am »
There's a nice looking unit for sale in Victoria mate that I wouldnt mind throwing a leg over.
I dunno much about the buying prices of BM's but I do know that getting Boomeritis just before Xmas is enough to piss you off.  ;D
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-R1100GS-/301798477808
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #9296 on: November 19, 2015, 06:05:19 pm »
 I have the CL100 project on the cheapo lift. I put a 360 stator in it and decided to drain the oil while it was there. At some point the drain bucket went away and tonight I realized there was an engine with no lube in it. Since that goes against my personal rules I grabbed a little left over 20/50, a funnel and proceeded to pour it all over the lift, tools, parts and floor. Some fool left the drain plug out and put the catch pan away.
  Of course then my cell phone timer rang reminding me the steaks were burning on the grille, just in time for me to have both hands oil soaked and struggling to find the angle of the crankcase threads to get the plug started. I got the plug in, ate dinner and cleaned up after dinner.
 New rule, after a few minutes of draining, all plugs and filters  go back in whether it's dripping dirty oil or not.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
« Reply #9297 on: November 19, 2015, 06:54:09 pm »
Ya Don.....probably would have made a good one for America's funniest videos but don't sweat it......I think we all do stuff like that from time to time. We don't set out to.....just happens. I recall someone here awhile back dropped something in the garage and it landed on something else which dislodged another thing that sent an object rolling down the driveway into the path of a moving vehicle. Sometimes ya just gotta put some thought into the task at hand before starting it!
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9298 on: November 20, 2015, 02:13:50 am »
There's a nice looking unit for sale in Victoria mate that I wouldnt mind throwing a leg over.
I dunno much about the buying prices of BM's but I do know that getting Boomeritis just before Xmas is enough to piss you off.  ;D

Oooher, that's a nice one Mick, and geez, Ohlins shocks front and rear too! I want to get some better shocks for mine, but I don't think I can afford Ohlins? Anyway, it looks very nice indeed Mick (looks better than mine, bugger it.........) so yes you should definitely buy it before some big fat bastard who looks a bit like me does! ;D

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9299 on: November 20, 2015, 03:52:05 am »

yes you should definitely buy it before some big fat bastard who looks a bit like me does! ;D

It's all good Mick, don't panic, I'm not interested.
The fun police took my bike license off me so I'm not in the market.
The older I get the faster I was.