Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1386548 times)

jaytee-nz and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #9400 on: November 27, 2015, 05:12:04 pm »
No fear, Martin. Youth and sinful intentions is no match for Age and Treachery  ;)
That's a true story men.
It's funny watching their whole world full of testosterone and bullet proofness come crashing down when Dads get dangerous.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline FrankenFrankenstuff

• Master
    • FrankenBike Stuff Store
« Reply #9402 on: November 27, 2015, 05:19:22 pm »
Seeing one of my products not on my own site kind of pisses me off. Expensive shirts as well. I don't pay more than $20. Unless it's for a wedding or funeral.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #9403 on: November 27, 2015, 06:34:28 pm »
Well done to your Daughter Mick, I barely graduated primary school, but the nuns didn't want me for another year, so they transferred the problem (me) on to the Bairnsdale Tech. I lasted 3 years before the parents decided I needed to further my Catholic education at Stalag 17, er, Saint Patrick's Boarding School in Sale, where I was dishonorably discharged for punching out a pedophile, er, I mean, a monk.

I remember a Melbourne comedian, a big bloke called Tim Smith, talking about his daughter's first "date". He took the young bloke to one side and said to him, "Mate, tonight when you take my daughter out, you can do whatever you like to her, and I won't mind, as long as when you bring her home, I can do the same to you." From all reports, her date was a perfect gentleman............ ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #9404 on: November 27, 2015, 06:42:46 pm »
Didn't think of that solution Terry mind you there was a couple I wouldn't  have touched even with yours.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9405 on: November 27, 2015, 06:53:22 pm »
Ha ha, so I take it things have settled down now Bill, did it all work out in the end? ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9406 on: November 27, 2015, 07:32:21 pm »
Thanks Terry.
Hannah has done well at school and we're proud of her.
She finally likes doing maths now which was a big hurdle for her and she likes putting pen to paper and crunching out numbers.

Well, Charlie is home again after his all nighter last night.
I took the Quad Bike for a blast through the bush this morning to try and find him but he remained at large.
So the missus went for a drive afterwards and asked the neighbours if they'd seen him.
Sure enough, he'd been visiting a dog on heat 5 blocks down the road.
The kids there have got Quad Bikes and they gave him a feed as well so he wasn't in a hurry to come home which is understandable.

So now he's staying inside for the time being.
I let him outside for a piss before and he was ready to bolt again to go and write on his new girlfriends arse in red pencil but I caught him just in time.
Now he's really pissed off with me.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #9407 on: November 28, 2015, 01:54:08 am »
The good thing is that I've got 2 shotties in the gun safe if required.
If the time did come to exert some influence on a wayward youth, I would be kind enough to give them the choice of which one they'd like to receive a blast of buck shot fair up the arse from.  ;D

That reminds me of a story a mate of mines old man told me years ago.  He and his younger brother were eyeing off the paddock full of watermelons across the road.  Every night they would sneak over and "borrow" a couple.  Well one night the farmer caught them relieving him of some watermelons.  The next night he was waiting, with a 12 gauge loaded with rock salt.  One round in each of their arses and their watermelon pinching days were over. ;D ;D ;D ;D
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9408 on: November 28, 2015, 02:04:34 am »
Well there you go Andrew, your memory unlocked another memory for me, about one mate that got caught pinching a few leaves off another mate's dope plantation. A shotgun was involved, and once they all got out of hospital they did a little jail time and lived happily ever after, until they were killed in separate motorcycle crashes a couple of years later. Hmmmnnn, that wasn't one of my finer memories, no wonder I'd tucked that one away...... ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9409 on: November 28, 2015, 02:53:54 am »

Well, the genset has got a mans battery bolted onto it now.
That poofy motorbike battery that was on it was a bit gay.
I gave it a service and welded up a few cracks that were appearing from the diesel engine shaking it.
Now she's ticking over like a champion.
I'm gonna be pissed off if we don't have a power outage now to try it out.

In the meantime, Charlie is still pissed off that he's an inside dog but the missus has laid down the law with him.
If he's wise like me, he'll suck it up until there's another distraction and head off straight down to the shed.  ;D

URL=http://s582.photobucket.com/user/mick7504/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20151128_183013_zpsxt4gohea.jpg.html][/URL]

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9410 on: November 28, 2015, 04:33:54 am »
Ha ha, thats one sad looking pooch Mick, but it could have been worse, you could have had him spaded....... ;D

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #9411 on: November 28, 2015, 04:48:53 am »
Yeah Terry it worked out Ok there are 3 Grand sons ones graduated and is working and doing ok #2 is being and idiot and a general pain in the ass just at the right age to become some RSM's pet project particularly if we send more ground pounders to the ME  a couple of hitches would add direction to an other wise teen age life. Number 3 is 4 going on a holy terror. So it worked out but I'm pretty sure when the engineering orders for "Human For The Use Of" are revised there has to be a major update on Daughters and this needs to be promulgated to every male thinking of getting married. For the Good Order and Discipline. and equivalent world wide.
Bill the demon.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #9412 on: November 28, 2015, 05:20:04 am »
Ha ha, thats one sad looking pooch Mick, but it could have been worse, you could have had him spaded....... ;D
Damn Aussies making up their own version of English! Spayed, Terry, "spaded" is what we do to Mothers in Law  ;)  ;D ;D
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline RevDoc

• Hot Shot
« Reply #9413 on: November 28, 2015, 09:39:07 am »

Dana

'78 CB550K--Angie
'82 CB750 Custom--Eva

As soon as you straddle a bike expect every other driver on the road to suddenly start competeing for the title "Dumbestsonofa#$%*inallNorthAmerica!!"

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #9414 on: November 28, 2015, 09:45:37 am »
Isn't there some cracpot theory about owners eventually resembling their pets ?

Or is it the other way around ?

Kev

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9415 on: November 28, 2015, 02:13:00 pm »
Damn Aussies making up their own version of English! Spayed, Terry, "spaded" is what we do to Mothers in Law  ;)  ;D ;D

Ha ha, poor Cal, so desperate to find a chink in the Spelling Nazi's armour. Coming from a country that has deliberately misspelled "proper" English since 1776, I'm surprised that you'd noticed? Anyway, well done, give yourself a pat on the back mate. ;D     

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9416 on: November 28, 2015, 02:24:31 pm »
What's even worse mate is that Charlie did have his "back wheels" removed by the breeder before we bought him as a pup.
I can't remember exactly why but do recall something about one nut not dropping down or something like that.

Well, he's done the bolt again this morning so it looks like the denut job hasn't dulled his intentions.

I don't like doing it but he's gonna have to spend some time with a chain on.
The missus has just gone to get him again now and he's gonna be one pissed off dishlicker when the restrictions come into force.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
« Reply #9417 on: November 28, 2015, 02:32:29 pm »

Ha ha, poor Cal, so desperate to find a chink in the Spelling Nazi's armour. Coming from a country that has deliberately misspelled "proper" English since 1776, I'm surprised that you'd noticed? Anyway, well done, give yourself a pat on the back mate. ;D     

A typo. That's a relief. I had a mind image of a surgical procedure using a garden implement rather than the customary two bricks.
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9418 on: November 28, 2015, 02:43:12 pm »
Hmmnnn, that's interesting Mick, I'm surprised that Charlie would wander so much, considering that he's missing that "motivation" that seems to get a lot of blokes in trouble? Maybe he's just lonely for the company of another hound? Is there room at Hastings Castle for 2 dogs? ;D

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #9419 on: November 28, 2015, 02:48:08 pm »
Sorry Kev, I read that drivel and quickly realised that the author was just espousing his skewed opinion of recent history. O'Toole by name, a Tool by nature..............  ::)

What bits of it are drivel and why do you think that way.

Kev

Well mate, I'd have to break your rule of "No Politics" to answer your question/s, but suffice to say that Mr Tool has attempted to re-write recent history to agree with his opinion, apparently to demonstrate how much smarter he is than the rest of the world's media. I'd never heard of him before I read that article, and I feel safe in saying I'll probably never hear of him again............ ;D

He's actually quite a clever fellow. He does annoy a lot of people from time to time, usually because he says things that they don't want to hear. The sort of people who stick their fingers in their ears and go "blah blah blah".

But not to worry, there are women to be fettled and motorbikes to be ridden.

Did I get that the right way around ?

Kev

Well there you go mate, I guess it's all down to opinions, you think he's clever, and I think he's a twat. Who'd have thought? ;D

Like the man said, we all can have an opinion, just like we all have another thing, that which I have for the moment forgotten.

Now I remember  arsehole.

Kev

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9420 on: November 28, 2015, 03:37:37 pm »
Hmmnnn, that's interesting Mick, I'm surprised that Charlie would wander so much, considering that he's missing that "motivation" that seems to get a lot of blokes in trouble? Maybe he's just lonely for the company of another hound? Is there room at Hastings Castle for 2 dogs? ;D
I don't know Charlie has just started wandering because he's never done it before.
I always thought that once the job was done then that's it.

We've still got Lilly the yap yap although she's settled down with age.
She must be 8 or 9 years old now.
A Yorkshire Terrier/Chihuahua cross with a big attitude and as sly as a fox.
She use to really piss me off with the yapping and I reckon that she must have worn out the barking mechanism because it doesn't happen much anymore.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9421 on: November 28, 2015, 04:22:19 pm »

Like the man said, we all can have an opinion, just like we all have another thing, that which I have for the moment forgotten.

Kev

Ha ha, I can see that this really upset you Kev, but I make no apology. He's just a journalist mate, and looking at that article, not a very good one. ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9422 on: November 28, 2015, 04:24:21 pm »
I don't know Charlie has just started wandering because he's never done it before.
I always thought that once the job was done then that's it.

We've still got Lilly the yap yap although she's settled down with age.
She must be 8 or 9 years old now.
A Yorkshire Terrier/Chihuahua cross with a big attitude and as sly as a fox.
She use to really piss me off with the yapping and I reckon that she must have worn out the barking mechanism because it doesn't happen much anymore.  ;D

Well there you go Mick, maybe Charlie's moved on to greener pastures because he's sick of Lilly's incessant yapping? I think we've all been there before............ ;D

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #9423 on: November 28, 2015, 05:24:17 pm »
Stripping my Goldwing down for a paint job is really pissing me off. All I'm doing is taking all the trim off it so all the painter has to do is sand it and paint the pieces but I've already got a box full of hinges, latches, trim and so on and I haven't even started taking the front fairing apart yet. I've got everything labeled and in bags but it's still going to be a jigsaw puzzle putting it back together. If I'm able to get the Interstate looking good again then the 750 will be a breeze.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #9424 on: November 28, 2015, 05:43:51 pm »

Kev

Ha ha, I can see that this really upset you Kev, but I make no apology. He's just a journalist mate, and looking at that article, not a very good one. ;D

Me upset ? Not at all. I reserve that for terrorists and women of black heart. Same thing really I suppose, at least in the case of my ex.

Can we agree to give it another go ? Can we say we got off on the wrong foot here ? (or metre)

Have a read of this one and please give me your critique : https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-still-the-best-little-parliament-in-the-world-for-rubber-stamping-budgets-1.2441082

I will give you this much FO'T tends to be a little lugubrious, but IMHO an accurate observer of events can often seem so. Especially in Ireland.

Kev